More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10182 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9946 Oct 20, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say I didn't "like" the swans. I do. But native species ALWAYS takes precedence over the introduced/alien species in cases where the aliens are aggressive and killing or outcompeting the natives for resources, such as nesting sites. Ever seen an altercation between swans and geese in a place where they are both trying to nest? The swans always win, but the geese are the native species.
What about the swans FREEDOM to live and migrate and nest wherever he wants? Which came first the chicken or the egg?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9947 Oct 20, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
The swans migrate, the man that owns the pond likes them .
Catch the blurb at top of topix? Pennsylvania police chief suspended for video cursing libtards ! Must be an epidemic
There should be more like him.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9948 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
That sentence could just as easily read: Smith hops into his Mercury and heads north out of the city. At 10:20 A.M., while driving north on I-35 about 35 miles from the Kansas border, Smith is stopped by trooper Charles Hanger for having no license plates on his vehicle. He is arrested for having no vehicle registration, no license plates, and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. He is booked and lodged in the county jail in Perry, Oklahoma.
What crime did Smith commit against an individual citizen according trooper Charles Hanger?(other than not giving the government money?)
What about the 2nd amendment? Does Smith NOT have right to carry a weapon, without giving the government even more money?
Why did Smith immediately lose his freedom for PRESUMABLY not violating anybody's rights and being PRESUMED innocent until he's found guilty in court?
Well your fantasy land Smith does not have the RIGHT to drive. He has the PRVILGE to drive. When he signed up to drive he agreed there would be laws, rules and regulations governing his driving. He doesn't have to drive now does he? Smith could carry a weapon in my state without any problems. Does smith have the right to drive around with a ton of volatile explosive materials in his U Haul Truck? Does smith have the right to drive over 100 mph in the city if he feels like it? Smith lost his FREEDOM for blowing up children, even a lib like you can see that.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9949 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
coyotes/deer- both natives! Both have done well together for thousands of years, until humans came into the country and thought they knew better.
Please take an environmental science/ecology class. You'll learn a lot...if you pay attention.
I never said you are evil, nor do I think you are. I just think you are so wrong, and so misguided, to be so hell-bent on destroying every predator you see.
Lady I had two coyotes in my yard this morning. I am not even putting a dent in the coyote population. Now deer are becoming even more scarce. What is native to you? How do you know what was here before you and man showed up here? You act like you are some sort of New Mexico biologist. You do not have the foggiest idea about New Mexico's eco system or the challenges this state faces yearly with predators and prey. Hell you can't even manage your own life in the state you live in and now you want to manage where I live. LMAO! Only a liberal mind would think they could do that. Pay attention and you will learn something here on topix..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9950 Oct 20, 2013
Senior Brandon wrote:
No one gives a shit about dead birds. Damn this happened.. What? 2 years ago. Get over it. Damn. It's annoying hearing it everyday on here. Grow up and find something else to do with your lifes.
See post #9942!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9951 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What about the swans FREEDOM to live and migrate and nest wherever he wants? Which came first the chicken or the egg?
The chicken came first. Whatever laid the egg wasn't a chicken. so its egg wasn't a chicken egg. The was a egg of the bird that laid it. Ill will simplify. Say I have a flock of white leghorn chickens. All there eggs will be white leghorn eggs. So I let them inbreed and out of one of those eggs there hatches a brown leghorn. the brown leghorn when it starts laying will lay brown leghorn eggs. The brown leghorn came first.

SE Michigan

#9952 Oct 20, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
I get my rights from nature.I am on top of the food chain as long as I have weapons or skill to keep me there.As a primal creature, I want to procreate, and survive.Damn evolution! Now I want my mate and offspring to survive.
Someone builds hut next to ours, no problem, I can cave his head in.
Uh oh , two huts, now village, I have to get along, or they cave my head in.
Uh oh, civilization, I no like, I rape, rob, pillage and plunder.
Uh oh, they cave my head in.
Peace, live in it or rest in it.
You appear to get it. You harm another, violate their rights, you pay consequences.

What if you do NOTHING to hurt another? For instance, you sit on your piece of property alone, no one around (except a nearby cop with binoculars) and you smoke joint?(People smoke joints since beginning times). Cop trespasses your property, takes you away. You no want to go with him because you want freedom.

Why they tell you no smoke joint? You not adult? You not make own decisions? What you hurt by smoking joint on property? You not driving. You no risk to anybody. You do not have freedom. Laws against joints stop no one from smoking them. Laws only create criminals out of harmless people. Laws cost BIG money. Many people make BIG money from laws! We lose freedoms, so others can get rich.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9953 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
There should be more like him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ezoK-o8wg5EXX
Good for him. The Feds will eat him up if they want. Sad but true..
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9954 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What about the swans FREEDOM to live and migrate and nest wherever he wants? Which came first the chicken or the egg?
well that's ok on public property. however if that swan came to my place and started beating up on my ducks and fighting and raping the geese it wouldn't be welcome. We have trumpeter swans that do sometimes stay in Arkansas during the winter.

SE Michigan

#9955 Oct 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
The fact is passing laws dosent necessarily solve the preceved problem. You cannot legislate moral behavior. You can only police a people or society to the extent that they allow you to. Myself if given half a chance ill obey most laws. However if I believe a certain law infringes on the god given inalienable rights the framers outlined in the Bill or Rights. I believe its my patriotic duty to not obey it. Every person has to make their own decision,s after all their the one who has to live with them.
I believe this is one issue where we see eye to eye!

SE Michigan

#9956 Oct 20, 2013
Senior Brandon wrote:
No one gives a shit about dead birds. Damn this happened.. What? 2 years ago. Get over it. Damn. It's annoying hearing it everyday on here. Grow up and find something else to do with your lifes.
Some people DO give a shit about dead birds. If you don't like this thread, you do not have to listen to it.

SE Michigan

#9957 Oct 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> F**k off. You don't like it don't read the posts. We still have the first admendment.
:)
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9958 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You appear to get it. You harm another, violate their rights, you pay consequences.
What if you do NOTHING to hurt another? For instance, you sit on your piece of property alone, no one around (except a nearby cop with binoculars) and you smoke joint?(People smoke joints since beginning times). Cop trespasses your property, takes you away. You no want to go with him because you want freedom.
Why they tell you no smoke joint? You not adult? You not make own decisions? What you hurt by smoking joint on property? You not driving. You no risk to anybody. You do not have freedom. Laws against joints stop no one from smoking them. Laws only create criminals out of harmless people. Laws cost BIG money. Many people make BIG money from laws! We lose freedoms, so others can get rich.
LMFAO! Yeah, the cops are really concerned with you sitting on your property out in the middle of nowhere smoking a joint. "Laws against joints stop no one from smoking them." Well with that LIBERAL LOGIC than laws against speeding in town stops no one from speeding, laws against molesting children stop no one from molesting them, laws against rape stop no one from raping them, laws against burglary stops no one from being burglarized, laws against murder stop no one from being murdered. Yes I see, with that liberal logic there should be NO LAWS because LAWS don't work! And I thought you were the morals Police!

SE Michigan

#9959 Oct 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Pleast take an evironmental science ecology class? Ive found you cant learn very much from someone dumber than you are. You environmentalist Are wrong. You believe in the balance of nature Myth. There never was and never will be a balance of nature. In order for there to ne a balance everything would need to be static. The earth its climate and its inhabitants are in a constant state of flux. Since you Got that part wrong everything else is flawed. The only constant is change. Today There are more deer & coyote in North America than where in existance at any time ever.
You're right in a sense. There is never a perfect "balance" in nature. But we have learned from past mistakes that you cannot eliminate all predators and expect prey populations all the way down the chain, even including vegetation, to be healthy and diverse. There HAS TO be predators. That is just a fact. I agree everything changes all the time. But man has gone above and beyond what nature does to quickly wipe out certain beneficial species, often because of our own self-centered wished.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9960 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You're right in a sense. There is never a perfect "balance" in nature. But we have learned from past mistakes that you cannot eliminate all predators and expect prey populations all the way down the chain, even including vegetation, to be healthy and diverse. There HAS TO be predators. That is just a fact. I agree everything changes all the time. But man has gone above and beyond what nature does to quickly wipe out certain beneficial species, often because of our own self-centered wished.
Does the dinosaur ring a bell?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9961 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I am predator!

SE Michigan

#9962 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I can walk down the street with a gun and fear nobody. In Texas they just walked around the Alamo with guns and feared nobody. Lady where in the hell do you choose to live? Do you know that you have the FEEDOM to MOVE and live anywhere you want to live?
Driving a car is not a RIGHT it is a privilege! I know that you think laws are not meant for you that they are meant for everybody else but that is not the case in the real world. Everybody I know that complains about seatbelts is overweight. I tell them to lose a few pounds and they won't even notice they have the damn thing on. Remember driving is not a right!
FEEDOM does not man knowing right from wrong and good from bad. FREEDOM might give you the ability to make wise choices it doesn't guarantee that you will. Just look at yourself it is obvious by ALL of your FREEDOM posts that you did not choose wisely where you live! Who made you the morals Police?
"Driving a car is not a RIGHT it is a privilege!"
You mean as in "a privilege given to us by other men?"
In other words, those other men can come to you at any time and take away your cars, your keys and your license. And they can do this for any reason they choose, just by enacting another law and claiming you disobeyed it.
You really have an effed up idea about what freedom is.

SE Michigan

#9963 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Please enlighten me and tell me what foods I can only eat at certain times of the year. This should be good! I can eat a hawk this morning if I feel like it!
You tell me. You are the one who knows all the New Mexico hunting restrictions. BTW, hawk is off limits to you in New Mexico.

Even if you were starving to death, other men made the law that you could not kill a hawk and eat it. They would rather see you starve! Even as an animal lover and a meat eater, I find it quite odd that other members of our species tell us what and when we can and can't kill to eat. No other species on earth does that.

SE Michigan

#9964 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Look at this; I now have Warrior defending the rights of birds!!

SE Michigan

#9965 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Well your fantasy land Smith does not have the RIGHT to drive. He has the PRVILGE to drive. When he signed up to drive he agreed there would be laws, rules and regulations governing his driving. He doesn't have to drive now does he? Smith could carry a weapon in my state without any problems. Does smith have the right to drive around with a ton of volatile explosive materials in his U Haul Truck? Does smith have the right to drive over 100 mph in the city if he feels like it? Smith lost his FREEDOM for blowing up children, even a lib like you can see that.
Smith is also presumed innocent of blowing up children until he is tried and found guilty in court. Or did you forget about that part of our law? And his car should not have been searched without just cause. What was the just cause? Not having a plate is not just cause. He could have just bought the car, or someone could have stole the plate while he was in a store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
christopher UCSD 3 hr Next Rumor 24
Pregnant Smokers 5 hr dr phole 12
Hot Shots 5 hr kbobb 62
best docs to work for in town! 9 hr Ben Dover 16
20$ for a favor 10 hr Man Up 11
Developments in the Steven Wade Miller case. (Jul '15) 10 hr whatz 31
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 19 hr Penny 2,610
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages