More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10176 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9864 Oct 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry..
Thank you. Apology accepted.
Reaper in Arkansas

Little Rock, AR

#9865 Oct 16, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Apology accepted.
You funny.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9866 Oct 16, 2013
Reaper in Arkansas wrote:
<quoted text>You funny.
I know.....
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#9867 Oct 16, 2013
I heard this on the radio. In florida a do gooder stopped to save a turtle in the road. He stopped and retrieved the tutle and placed it at the roadside and was bitten by a Rattlesnake. Talk about the saying that no good deed goes unpunished that was fast!

SE Michigan

#9868 Oct 17, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
I heard this on the radio. In florida a do gooder stopped to save a turtle in the road. He stopped and retrieved the tutle and placed it at the roadside and was bitten by a Rattlesnake. Talk about the saying that no good deed goes unpunished that was fast!
The most important thing is the turtle was saved.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#9869 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
The most important thing is the turtle was saved.
The Important thing is If some curmudgeon had came by and made a turtle pancake the guy would never have been bitten.

SE Michigan

#9870 Oct 17, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> The Important thing is If some curmudgeon had came by and made a turtle pancake the guy would never have been bitten.
Luckily, there are more do-gooders than curmudgeons in the world. That's why we still have turtles.
Question is; what would Warrior have done if he saw the turtle crossing. Would he stop and save it; would he ignore it and keep going; or would he flatten it?
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#9871 Oct 17, 2013
Turtles get in my pond. Some are big and grab ducks the feet pull them under and drown them. So I go there with a 22 rifle and shoot them. I gather up the dead turtles and sometime,s have turtle soup. many times give them to a fellow who feds them to his allagator.

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#9872 Oct 17, 2013
??
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9873 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Luckily, there are more do-gooders than curmudgeons in the world. That's why we still have turtles.
Question is; what would Warrior have done if he saw the turtle crossing. Would he stop and save it; would he ignore it and keep going; or would he flatten it?
WARRIOR would not go out of his way to kill it. Turtles in New Mexico are cool. I did kill 7 rattle snakes last month.

SE Michigan

#9874 Oct 17, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
Turtles get in my pond. Some are big and grab ducks the feet pull them under and drown them. So I go there with a 22 rifle and shoot them. I gather up the dead turtles and sometime,s have turtle soup. many times give them to a fellow who feds them to his allagator.
So it's okay that turtles can get eaten....but it's not okay for a turtle to eat.
You never cease to amaze me with your illogic.

SE Michigan

#9875 Oct 17, 2013
guest wrote:
??
Speak up, Boy. We can't hear you.

SE Michigan

#9876 Oct 17, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WARRIOR would not go out of his way to kill it. Turtles in New Mexico are cool. I did kill 7 rattle snakes last month.
That's good to know...that you wouldn't go out of your way to kill it. I have no reason to kill snakes. They are beneficial.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9877 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
That's good to know...that you wouldn't go out of your way to kill it. I have no reason to kill snakes. They are beneficial.
Yes rattle snakes are very beneficial especially around the campground where children were playing. Those damn children seem to get in the way of everything.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9878 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Speak up, Boy. We can't hear you.
Isn't the word "boy" in that context degrading?

SE Michigan

#9879 Oct 17, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes rattle snakes are very beneficial especially around the campground where children were playing. Those damn children seem to get in the way of everything.
Those children could come into contact with mouse urine and get the plague. Yes, mouse eating snakes are their friends.

SE Michigan

#9880 Oct 17, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't the word "boy" in that context degrading?
Only if Guest is a girl.
test

United States

#9881 Oct 17, 2013
test

Since: Jun 13

Oklahoma City, OK

#9882 Oct 17, 2013
test wrote:
test
You failed.Get back under rock
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9883 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Those children could come into contact with mouse urine and get the plague. Yes, mouse eating snakes are their friends.
LMFAO! Yes or they could get hit by lightning or a meteorit or win the lottery but their chances are not the same as getting bit by a rattle snake. I think I will kill another one tomorrow in your liberal honor..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brittany parker 3 hr Ashley 22
Anybody ever tried to get custody back from dhs? (Aug '11) 5 hr Comment 72
Debunking The New World Order 5 hr sos 22
Hello 10 hr curiosity kills t... 10
Beware /keith winer - 14 hr Little toots 85
Prettiest girls in Union County. 15 hr milfhunter 34
tipping in restaurants 18 hr My 2 Cents 12
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE