More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10205 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9807 Oct 15, 2013
"I love it here! The politics might suck, but the weather is mild, the severe storms and natural disasters are few, the northern forests are beautiful, the changing seasons are spectacular, the creepy crawlers are almost non-existent, and the birding is GREAT!"

We have great weather, it's a Republican County, we do not have severe storms or any natural disasters, we are surrounded by mountains and many species of wildlife, the changing season are beautiful and we do have our share of creepy crawlers but I guess that is a trade off for all of our freedoms being intact.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9808 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up in Eastern New Mexico right across from West Texas. I have been all over both states, while I grant it everyplace has it's own beauty I will also say that West Texas has much less beauty than most. It's actually ugly..
I take it you've never been to Big Bend National Park, Davis Mountains State Park, the McDonald Observatory, Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center, the River Road, Franklin Mountains.....
Dude, climb out of that hole and see America now and then, okay?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9809 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
"I love it here! The politics might suck, but the weather is mild, the severe storms and natural disasters are few, the northern forests are beautiful, the changing seasons are spectacular, the creepy crawlers are almost non-existent, and the birding is GREAT!"
We have great weather, it's a Republican County, we do not have severe storms or any natural disasters, we are surrounded by mountains and many species of wildlife, the changing season are beautiful and we do have our share of creepy crawlers but I guess that is a trade off for all of our freedoms being intact.
Oh, REEAALLLLY???
Then what's this about?
http://abq.policecomplaints.info/blog/cops_ar...

And this?
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/356498/n...

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9810 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
We have great weather,
Granted, your weather is pretty good most of the year. Summer can get hot, but...... it's a dry heat.
WARRIOR wrote:
it's a Republican County,
After working on the Paul campaign and seeing how his party abandoned him and their own conservative principles, I've come to realize most republican politicians are just as crooked and corrupt as democrats. So party means nothing to me anymore.
WARRIOR wrote:
we do not have severe storms or any natural disasters,
I guess as long as you don't count dust storms, flash floods, large hail, dangerous lightning and tornadoes as natural disasters, you would be correct.
WARRIOR wrote:
we are surrounded by mountains and many species of wildlife,
Most of which you kill anyway.
WARRIOR wrote:
the changing season are beautiful and we do have our share of creepy crawlers.
That's fine with me. I am not bothered by them.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9811 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you've never been to Big Bend National Park, Davis Mountains State Park, the McDonald Observatory, Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center, the River Road, Franklin Mountains.....
Dude, climb out of that hole and see America now and then, okay?
LMAO! I have been to all of those places. Franklin Mountains, really? The Franklin Mountains in El Paso is just an hour south of me and is nothing but a big rock void of trees. Nothing wrong with any of those places you mentioned if that's your thing, they just all pale in comparison to the Mountains of New Mexico..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9812 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted, your weather is pretty good most of the year. Summer can get hot, but...... it's a dry heat.
<quoted text>
After working on the Paul campaign and seeing how his party abandoned him and their own conservative principles, I've come to realize most republican politicians are just as crooked and corrupt as democrats. So party means nothing to me anymore.
<quoted text>
I guess as long as you don't count dust storms, flash floods, large hail, dangerous lightning and tornadoes as natural disasters, you would be correct.
<quoted text>
Most of which you kill anyway.
<quoted text>
That's fine with me. I am not bothered by them.
Hot is hot, a blow torch up your ass is hot anyway you slice it. It's not as hot here as in South Texas or Phoenix.

Paul is a loon, people with common sense see right through him. You have two major parties, pick your poison if you want change.

We don't have dust storms where I live, a flash flood has never hit my place, I have never seen a tornado in Alamogordo, I guess you don't get lightning in your country. It is pretty and usually brings much needed rain.

God put animals on this planet for mans use. Ask your husband next time you are stuffing your pie hole with that elk he killed.

Our bids eat the creepy crawly creatures, what do your birds eat, the seed you put out?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9813 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, REEAALLLLY???
Then what's this about?
http://abq.policecomplaints.info/blog/cops_ar...
And this?
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/356498/n...
LMAO! You should read the entire gun story before getting all giggly and posting it in an attempt for a gotcha moment.

As far as the gays go, whatever floats your boat.

Like I said I live in a REPUBLICAN COUNTY we do not have any of those liberal issues down here. Get you an Atlas and locate Albuquerque and notice where Alamogordo is. I was just in Albuquerque last week for the Balloon Festival and I carried a gun on me right down on the balloon field. I had no problems..

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9814 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! I have been to all of those places. Franklin Mountains, really? The Franklin Mountains in El Paso is just an hour south of me and is nothing but a big rock void of trees. Nothing wrong with any of those places you mentioned if that's your thing, they just all pale in comparison to the Mountains of New Mexico..
I see beauty in every thing and every place. The mountains of New Mexico are beautiful too. I would never deny that. I was attracted to West Texas because of the birding opportunities. What special (different/rare) birds/birding events do you have that would attract me to NM?(aside from the photo ops and wintering species at Bosque Del Apache)

"nothing but a big rock void of trees"
MI has billions of trees. That "big rock" that is the Franklin Mountains most likely has Rock Wrens and Canyon Wrens that can be found with ease. Try finding those species in MI. Ain't gonna happen.

I like diversity and a change of scene now then. But I always come back to Michigan. Though we are on a border, we don't have border "issues" like NM does.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9815 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hot is hot, a blow torch up your ass is hot anyway you slice it. It's not as hot here as in South Texas or Phoenix.
Paul is a loon, people with common sense see right through him. You have two major parties, pick your poison if you want change.
We don't have dust storms where I live, a flash flood has never hit my place, I have never seen a tornado in Alamogordo, I guess you don't get lightning in your country. It is pretty and usually brings much needed rain.
God put animals on this planet for mans use. Ask your husband next time you are stuffing your pie hole with that elk he killed.
Our bids eat the creepy crawly creatures, what do your birds eat, the seed you put out?
"You have two major parties, pick your poison if you want change."
That's what they've led you to believe because you don't have a mind of your own.

I personally am not looking for "change." I am looking for honoring the Constitution in my candidate. If I have to look to other less known parties....so be it.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9816 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hot is hot, a blow torch up your ass is hot anyway you slice it. It's not as hot here as in South Texas or Phoenix.
Paul is a loon, people with common sense see right through him. You have two major parties, pick your poison if you want change.
We don't have dust storms where I live, a flash flood has never hit my place, I have never seen a tornado in Alamogordo, I guess you don't get lightning in your country. It is pretty and usually brings much needed rain.
God put animals on this planet for mans use. Ask your husband next time you are stuffing your pie hole with that elk he killed.
Our bids eat the creepy crawly creatures, what do your birds eat, the seed you put out?
"God put animals on this planet for mans use."
God expects us to love and respect all his creations. Yes, there's a food chain and we have a right to self defense. We do not have a right to abuse, exploit and deplete the planets resources for our own selfish and misguided reasons.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9817 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see beauty in every thing and every place. The mountains of New Mexico are beautiful too. I would never deny that. I was attracted to West Texas because of the birding opportunities. What special (different/rare) birds/birding events do you have that would attract me to NM?(aside from the photo ops and wintering species at Bosque Del Apache)
"nothing but a big rock void of trees"
MI has billions of trees. That "big rock" that is the Franklin Mountains most likely has Rock Wrens and Canyon Wrens that can be found with ease. Try finding those species in MI. Ain't gonna happen.
I like diversity and a change of scene now then. But I always come back to Michigan. Though we are on a border, we don't have border "issues" like NM does.
I will let you in on a little secret, birds don't know what state they are in. We get all those birds Texas does. What border issues does NM have? I bet you have more illegals in your state than I have in mine. At least NM doesn't have MI big city thug problems. Detroit ring a bell?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9818 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You get the same scolding I just gave Churm!
I have avoided MANY animals. Never had to kill or hurt a person to do so either. It is our responsibility to take care to protect our resources and save lives whenever we can. All life is precious. If you don't think so, you cannot be human.
I am like Churm, in that I will not swerve to avoid hitting a small to medium size animal. Now an elk, oryx or cow is another story depending on the situation. When we hit a big game animal here in NM we carve it up, take it home and eat it. More deer are killed every year by cars than by hunters because of the goody two shoes who insist on feeding these animals close to human population.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9819 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Our bids eat the creepy crawly creatures, what do your birds eat, the seed you put out?
Your birds eat your bird seed too, whether you admit it or not.

Most of our birds eat insects. That's why they migrate to warmer climates in the fall. That's what makes birding so great here. You don't get nearly the number of warblers and other tropical species we get in the spring, summer and fall.

Check this out. It's one of the stops before they get here.
http://mageemarsh.org/

You will probably never see these beauties down there.
http://www.digitalbirdphotography.com/8.9.htm...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9820 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have two major parties, pick your poison if you want change."
That's what they've led you to believe because you don't have a mind of your own.
I personally am not looking for "change." I am looking for honoring the Constitution in my candidate. If I have to look to other less known parties....so be it.
Yeah, keep voting for Paul and the loonys like him and see how far you get. All you do is waste your gas money driving down to the polls to vote for a man who gets a few votes Nationally. Well if they are not honoring the Constitution don't you want them to change where they do? You are an interesting lady!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9821 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"God put animals on this planet for mans use."
God expects us to love and respect all his creations. Yes, there's a food chain and we have a right to self defense. We do not have a right to abuse, exploit and deplete the planets resources for our own selfish and misguided reasons.
God put animals on this planet for food, clothing, sport, companionship and anything else a good man needs them for. If you goody two shoes worried as much about people as you do about animals this world would be a better place to live..

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9822 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! You should read the entire gun story before getting all giggly and posting it in an attempt for a gotcha moment.
As far as the gays go, whatever floats your boat.
Like I said I live in a REPUBLICAN COUNTY we do not have any of those liberal issues down here. Get you an Atlas and locate Albuquerque and notice where Alamogordo is. I was just in Albuquerque last week for the Balloon Festival and I carried a gun on me right down on the balloon field. I had no problems..
Maybe YOU should read the articles. It's not about gays. It's about a photographers free choice to shoot or not to shoot. That's called FREEDOM!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9823 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! You should read the entire gun story before getting all giggly and posting it in an attempt for a gotcha moment.
As far as the gays go, whatever floats your boat.
Like I said I live in a REPUBLICAN COUNTY we do not have any of those liberal issues down here. Get you an Atlas and locate Albuquerque and notice where Alamogordo is. I was just in Albuquerque last week for the Balloon Festival and I carried a gun on me right down on the balloon field. I had no problems..
If there are no problems, why did you need a gun?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9824 Oct 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your birds eat your bird seed too, whether you admit it or not.
Most of our birds eat insects. That's why they migrate to warmer climates in the fall. That's what makes birding so great here. You don't get nearly the number of warblers and other tropical species we get in the spring, summer and fall.
Check this out. It's one of the stops before they get here.
http://mageemarsh.org/
You will probably never see these beauties down there.
http://www.digitalbirdphotography.com/8.9.htm...
Do insects have feelings and the right to live like the other animals you speak of?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9825 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I will let you in on a little secret, birds don't know what state they are in. We get all those birds Texas does. What border issues does NM have? I bet you have more illegals in your state than I have in mine. At least NM doesn't have MI big city thug problems. Detroit ring a bell?
Albuquerque has it's share of problems. You think I'm dense or something? Try 174 crimes per square mile!
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nm/albuquerq...

NM gets nowhere NEAR the birds Texas does! LMAO.... where did you get THAT statistic from?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9826 Oct 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am like Churm, in that I will not swerve to avoid hitting a small to medium size animal. Now an elk, oryx or cow is another story depending on the situation. When we hit a big game animal here in NM we carve it up, take it home and eat it. More deer are killed every year by cars than by hunters because of the goody two shoes who insist on feeding these animals close to human population.
That's BS and you know it. Plenty of deer are killed along highways FAR from ANY feeders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr --Bad Dad-- 41,290
Looking for recommendations on a local business 7 hr Can Am Man 5
Closing doors 9 hr yo 6
I sure don't like illegal immigrants Sat Hernandez 2
Moving to Arkansas what are nice areas in El Do... Sat Not All is Bad 16
Pine Trees Dec 8 Been There 8
Support the Union County chapter of FARTS Dec 8 Guest 5

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages