More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
9,061 - 9,080 of 9,795 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>It's called a Republic lady. You ever read the Constitution and Bill of Rights. You elect people to represent you. If you don't like what they do than get them out of office. I have no problems living my life here in the United States. I can walk around town including the mall and Wal Mart with a gun strapped to my hip for all to see or one concealed in my pocket without anybody saying a word! I know liberals don't believe rules are meant for them that they are meant for everybody else but that is not reality. Honestly I would move to the United States if I was you..
Get them out of office, eh?
Have you no clue as to how rigged our elections are? Your vote does NOT count, get it? Ever wonder why they are pushing electronic voting on us?

New Mexico may still be like the old west where you do as you please, but the rest of the country is not.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution does it say we must PAY the government in order to exercise one of our rights? Paying for ammo is NOT the same thing as paying for the right to carry a gun.
You must be of the mindset that we must also pay the government in order to exercise our right to free speech.
Where does it say you don't have to pay?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution does it say we must PAY the government in order to exercise one of our rights? Paying for ammo is NOT the same thing as paying for the right to carry a gun.
You must be of the mindset that we must also pay the government in order to exercise our right to free speech.
I carry a gun here and I don't have to pay anything. You should really move to the United States!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Get them out of office, eh?
Have you no clue as to how rigged our elections are? Your vote does NOT count, get it? Ever wonder why they are pushing electronic voting on us?
New Mexico may still be like the old west where you do as you please, but the rest of the country is not.
Well don't vote, don't do anything but sit on your ass and complain and hope other people do the dirty work for you. I am sure that is what our Founding Fathers did, right?

You can ALWAYS move!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

"New Mexico may still be like the old west where you do as you please, but the rest of the country is not."

New Mexico, Alaska, Texas, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana....

Join us here in the United States, we won't turn you away..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! Lady name one thing I do that is against the law? I live in the United States, I follow the laws of the United States. I have no issues or problems with anybody here in the United States when it comes to the law or the way I live. You should really get you a visa and at least visit our country for yourself..
There are laws, even in your state, that you don't even know exist. Get caught breaking one of them, I dare you. You'll be reminded; ignorance is no excuse of the law.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>The Children can use it now. Why should they have to wait until I die before they receive their inheritance? The kids are getting old themselves We had them when we where in our teens & twenties. Also we are not wanting to subject the children & grandchildren to the family fights and legal problems that seem to occur during probate. So we deeded the property to the kids free and clear no strings attached. We have kept a life estate on a few acres where we now live. Im planning to start drawing from the social security Ponzi scheme in Jan of 2014. Ive hauled all the scrap from the place away. sold all the meat sheep. sold most of the cattle. Gave away the horse. Sold most of my equiptment. We took that money and built a new house that is set up for older folks. If there ever comes a time that we are confined to a wheelchair or something this new place has the ramps already in place. not a step in the whole place. the bathroom has the grab bars and proper shower ect. A garage is build right on to it with a automatic door. just drive right in. We are being realistic and know old age and its rigors are fast catching up to us. it wont be long before we will need adult diapers. Im not going to be one of those old geezers you see with the pee stains on the front of their pants. I enjoy the challenge of a change its a new chapter in the adventure of life.
That is great that you are prepared. I'm sure your kids appreciate it. I too am preparing for the next chapter of my life. I meet with my financial planner this week to discuss my retirement options and a business venture I am working on.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
There are laws, even in your state, that you don't even know exist. Get caught breaking one of them, I dare you. You'll be reminded; ignorance is no excuse of the law.
Please name me one law I don't know about and then name me one law that I might get caught breaking? I dare you..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
That is great that you are prepared. I'm sure your kids appreciate it. I too am preparing for the next chapter of my life. I meet with my financial planner this week to discuss my retirement options and a business venture I am working on.
Nothing like being in business for yourself I am told. Just make sure if you are going to retire you do not have to go back to work.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I only open carry when I am in the mountains camping, hunting or fishing with like minded people. I carry concealed everywhere else I go including church. I do not want anybody to know I have a gun on me. The element of surprise could come in handy that way. I do not have a concealed carry permit because I do not need one. It's a perk of the career I retired from.
In MI you can get a concealed carry permit. Get caught with a concealed weapon in a school, even with a "permit" and a few other places and it's four years in the slammer. I think it's because your life is less valuable there.

Get pulled over and don't tell the officer you have a concealed weapon AND a permit to carry on you...again four years. The officer can take the gun from you during the citation. This leaves you vulnerable. What if the officer isn't really an officer, but an impersonator. It's happened a lot where a "cop car" pulled someone over and the woman was raped by the cop impersonator.

So much for being able to exercise a "right."

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I only open carry when I am in the mountains camping, hunting or fishing with like minded people. I carry concealed everywhere else I go including church. I do not want anybody to know I have a gun on me. The element of surprise could come in handy that way. I do not have a concealed carry permit because I do not need one. It's a perk of the career I retired from.
"It's a perk of the career I retired from."
It's also a right afforded to ALL citizens under the US Constitution.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You should join us in the land of the free. Texas, New Mexico and Arizona will let you carry your guns. We are much safer here. You could even bring that crazy bird lady with you if you wanted.:)
Kidnapping capital of the US- Phoenix, AZ.
Guess you're not that safe, are you?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
In MI you can get a concealed carry permit. Get caught with a concealed weapon in a school, even with a "permit" and a few other places and it's four years in the slammer. I think it's because your life is less valuable there.
Get pulled over and don't tell the officer you have a concealed weapon AND a permit to carry on you...again four years. The officer can take the gun from you during the citation. This leaves you vulnerable. What if the officer isn't really an officer, but an impersonator. It's happened a lot where a "cop car" pulled someone over and the woman was raped by the cop impersonator.
So much for being able to exercise a "right."
Don't carry in a school. If you carry concealed in a school don't tell anybody that's why it is called Concealed Carry, nobody is suppose to know you have it. It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Don't get pulled over. If you get pulled over don't tell the Cop you have a gun. If he asks to search your vehicle do not give him permission. If you are abiding by the law you have no worries about the Police. What if the Officer is part of the secret squirrel cartel club and they pull along side your vehicle and light you up with a bazooka! There are too many what if's in life to worry about. Police impersonators are not as common as you lead on. As you are being pulled over dial 911 and ask the dispatcher if the stop is legit. They will tell you, unless the dispatcher is an impostor at the Police Station. LOL! Hope this helps..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
Hey Curm, it was not meant as a criticism, just letting you know it did not work. The concealed carry license is expensive, and just a registry that law enforcement can refer to.
I like the old saying,"Better to be tried by twelve, than carried by six."
In rural areas you will see rifles in the back windows of pickup trucks.
During hunting season, there is some serious firepower on the roads.
The man that was dragged from his van and beaten by the group of motorcyclists sure could of used a firearm. Lol
And I could sure use those motorcyclists. Some idiot ran over a family of turkeys. The whole damn family with young ones we had been watching grow all summer! That driver needs to be taught a lesson.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
"It's a perk of the career I retired from."
It's also a right afforded to ALL citizens under the US Constitution.
You are correct. Proceed to carry......

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you. I carry a .223 Bushmaster under the seat of my pick-up and have 6, 30 round clips on stand-by. I carry a little Ruger .380 in my front pocket. If I was blocked in, as soon as that guy broke my window with his helmet I would have shot him right in the face with that little pistol then I would have exited my vehicle with that rifle and politely asked the rest if they wanted some of this!
You been watching too much 'Walker; Texas Ranger?'
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Kidnapping capital of the US- Phoenix, AZ.
Guess you're not that safe, are you?
It's Mexican Citizens/Illegals/Smugglers and/or Cartel members kidnapping each other. It's not your average Citizen having any problems. I have many friends in Phoenix and they love it. They have no problems. You compare apples to oranges and you know it. It's like saying that you would be in constant danger in Chicago because of the daily murder rate. If you are in the black gang banging section of Chicago then you would be in danger but anywhere else is relatively safe for a big city.

Too bad you can't find something alarming in the area I live in. This is true FREEDOM!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
You been watching too much 'Walker; Texas Ranger?'
Yes, until the shyt hits the fan and then people like you will be begging for my assistance..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
And I could sure use those motorcyclists. Some idiot ran over a family of turkeys. The whole damn family with young ones we had been watching grow all summer! That driver needs to be taught a lesson.
You should have chased those turkeys off the road every time they came close to it. It's the tree hugging goody two shoes who are responsible for the deaths of many animals thinking that they are so cute and they just want to help them by feeding them and such. Please....

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>We have safes full of weapons. We have literally thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammunition. I bought another 6 new weapons this year alone. I know in the end they will get us out of this place if they really want. They just better bring a lot of body bags. It's a shame I have had to prepare my family this way but it's the sign of the times..
It's a sign of WHAT times? I thought everything was so great. We haven't lost any freedoms, etc..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 54 min squeezers 29,082
samantha miller 2 hr hyfr 17
Big Men, Little "problem" 3 hr nomotion 75
Eldorado , Entire city needs to be cleaned up,! 4 hr Wilson 6
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 10 hr EDF is the best 24
imposters 13 hr Tinman Ex Gringo 14
duck lovers twerking videos 14 hr queefers 2
•••
•••