More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 434)

Showing posts 8,661 - 8,680 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
The Woodcocks have arrived! There was one "peenting" real close to my bedroom last night.
Nothing new here yet, just the regulars..
Niece

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

How's my birds
Where

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

A bunch
Why

Lepanto, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

So finally does anyone really know why did this happen

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Why wrote:
So finally does anyone really know why did this happen
Yep. I take it you didn't read the first 433 pages?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Yep. I take it you didn't read the first 433 pages?
We will be in the 80's today. It won't be long before the birds arrive..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>We will be in the 80's today. It won't be long before the birds arrive..
I'm quite sure birds are already there. I think you mean, "It won't be long until the neotropical migrants arrive."

They will arrive in your area before they get here. Some birds have already arrived, but the long-distance travelers are yet to come. They will be landing along the Gulf Coast (and working their way up the Texas coast) in huge waves in the next few weeks!(Some stragglers are already showing up.) It's SOOO exciting down there in April! I wish I was going, but it doesn't look too promising this year.

The real bird action will begin here in late April and only last for three weeks or so. The males in particular are in a hurry to get on the best territories they can and attract a mate. The females are a little later to arrive and they pick the best territory to raise young, and the male that goes along with it.
The best thing is the birds will all be in fresh breeding plumage and absolutely beautiful AND singing!

Check out these beauties!
http://www.digitalbirdphotography.com/8.9.htm...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

<quoted text>
I'm quite sure birds are already there. I think you mean, "It won't be long until the neotropical migrants arrive."
They will arrive in your area before they get here. Some birds have already arrived, but the long-distance travelers are yet to come. They will be landing along the Gulf Coast (and working their way up the Texas coast) in huge waves in the next few weeks!(Some stragglers are already showing up.) It's SOOO exciting down there in April! I wish I was going, but it doesn't look too promising this year.
The real bird action will begin here in late April and only last for three weeks or so. The males in particular are in a hurry to get on the best territories they can and attract a mate. The females are a little later to arrive and they pick the best territory to raise young, and the male that goes along with it.
The best thing is the birds will all be in fresh breeding plumage and absolutely beautiful AND singing!
Check out these beauties!
http://www.digitalbirdphotography.com/8.9.htm...
No, we don't have one bird of any kind on my place. I don't see one bird anywhere in town or out in the country they haven't arrived yet!
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>No, we don't have one bird of any kind on my place. I don't see one bird anywhere in town or out in the country they haven't arrived yet!
Nonsense. No matter where you go, there are birds. I could easily find them at your place and in your town.

I am at the cabin and it seems my grouse has found himself some ladies. He's fanning his tail and ruffling his neck feathers standing guard and courting while the girls eat.

This is going to be a great weekend. Low 50's up here tomorrow.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

<quoted text>
Nonsense. No matter where you go, there are birds. I could easily find them at your place and in your town.
I am at the cabin and it seems my grouse has found himself some ladies. He's fanning his tail and ruffling his neck feathers standing guard and courting while the girls eat.
This is going to be a great weekend. Low 50's up here tomorrow.
No birds anywhere around here. The local newspaper headlines say: Where are the birds! Nobody can find one bird in this area. It's strange!

“We are watching you.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The USDA had admitted to doing this in several locations around the country now. There is an article out detailing all the crap the USDA has done in the last few years.
They have also admitted to approving a pesticide that kills bees.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>No birds anywhere around here. The local newspaper headlines say: Where are the birds! Nobody can find one bird in this area. It's strange!
I ain't buyin' it.
weed

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

pigs are dying now

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Hate the birds
geez

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Moses-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your eyes and read the latest report.
1. Crows
2. Starlings
That's two different birds dummy
Are you back on your Correctall, lol
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

The Only Real Slim Shady wrote:
<quoted text>
The government does a lot of weird testing all over. But to kill the bees would be a very bad thing for bees keep too many things pollenated and growing. Killing off the bees would be a big step in the destruction of the world.
The bees would probably object also!

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Stink
lol

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Gods this happens all the time, all over the world. Its not uncommon nor government secrets. Jesus, its amazing how many ignorant uneducated fools are still out there.... :(

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

lol wrote:
Gods this happens all the time, all over the world. Its not uncommon nor government secrets. Jesus, its amazing how many ignorant uneducated fools are still out there....:(
Sorry I was mistaken YOU took ALL the correctall!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,661 - 8,680 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 min Answer Man 28,686
Drug Dens 36 min Different Resident 74
4 brothers 1 hr well 12
Sherry Creech Gathright 1 hr The Facts 31
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 3 hr Duck lover 2,538
Lying and cheating spouses 6 hr hey 11
Kayla Danielle Romaire 7 hr hey 7
•••
•••