More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,149

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9003 Feb 15, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your way of trying to find out what days, and what shift, I work? LOL
Do you fool around?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9004 Feb 15, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Yep those folks in Greece thought they could live forever without producing from the tourist income. In the USa We now have half the folks believing thay dont have to produce. They think someone else will produce for them. Now the few remaining producers are asking then selves Why? Why produce when large part of my productivity is robbed (taxed) away. Then its given to the non productive parasite takers. then The amount I am allowed to keep has to compete in the market place against the same money thay was robbed from me?
Having a rare bird as an attraction for tourists has nothing to do with people not producing anything. It does not prevent anyone from producing a single thing. Heck, when I went birding in Arkansas this past fall, we took a drive and just a few miles down the road was a factory that made boats. It was near Bull Shoals. People can work, play and survive while still conserving good habitat and protecting rare species.

There ARE extreme environmentalists who think people should climb in a hole or die to save the animals. And there are politicians who can be paid off to make people go away to save the animals. That is not me. I believe we can protect rare species while still living our lives. But often times we could be more responsible in our actions.

SE Michigan

#9005 Feb 15, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Do you fool around?
With what?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9006 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
With what?
LOL!

SE Michigan

#9008 Feb 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
I fooled around with my camera all day today. The grouse is playing hard to get. I've come to the conclusion that hunting would be SO MUCH easier than trying to shoot him with my camera!
It's no wonder you like to hunt. It's childs' play!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9009 Feb 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I fooled around with my camera all day today. The grouse is playing hard to get. I've come to the conclusion that hunting would be SO MUCH easier than trying to shoot him with my camera!
It's no wonder you like to hunt. It's childs' play!
Yes it is, especially when you are as good as me at it. I spent 3 hours yesterday hunting arrow heads in the sand dunes and only found 2, one broken tip but interesting pieces none the less! I am going to do the same thing today.

SE Michigan

#9010 Feb 17, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is, especially when you are as good as me at it. I spent 3 hours yesterday hunting arrow heads in the sand dunes and only found 2, one broken tip but interesting pieces none the less! I am going to do the same thing today.
Cool. I did the same thing today as I did yesterday too.... stalk one clever grouse. I did manage to snap a few shots of him once again. Still nothing that would win any contests, but I'm getting better at it and I think I have a few photos I can work with. It is definitely a test of endurance. So far he has me beat in the categories of who can hold perfectly still the longest and in who can hide themselves better.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9011 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Cool. I did the same thing today as I did yesterday too.... stalk one clever grouse. I did manage to snap a few shots of him once again. Still nothing that would win any contests, but I'm getting better at it and I think I have a few photos I can work with. It is definitely a test of endurance. So far he has me beat in the categories of who can hold perfectly still the longest and in who can hide themselves better.
You want me to come over and catch that grouse for you?

SE Michigan

#9012 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You want me to come over and catch that grouse for you?
No need to. I got him today!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9014 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No need to. I got him today!!
Took the trailer down to El Paso today for a little work. That damn Camping World cost me an arm and a leg everytime I go in there. You just have to buy that cool stuff on sale when you are visiting!

SE Michigan

#9015 Feb 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Took the trailer down to El Paso today for a little work. That damn Camping World cost me an arm and a leg everytime I go in there. You just have to buy that cool stuff on sale when you are visiting!
Like a kid in a toy store. If you like to camp, what could be more fun that getting all your camping stuff for the upcoming season? That's fun stuff!

Our camper is in Camping World getting repaired. They've had it since we got back from Arkansas in November. There was a little bit of damage done to it on that trip. The roads just aren't wide enough to make U-turns on, if ya know what I mean.:)
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9016 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Like a kid in a toy store. If you like to camp, what could be more fun that getting all your camping stuff for the upcoming season? That's fun stuff!
Our camper is in Camping World getting repaired. They've had it since we got back from Arkansas in November. There was a little bit of damage done to it on that trip. The roads just aren't wide enough to make U-turns on, if ya know what I mean.:)
Those dumb asses drilled a hole through the roof all the way inside over the bed. I just noticed it this morning. I called them and gave them a piece of my mind. It cost me $100 in gas everytime I take it to them. I am not very happy. A coyote may have to pay today.:)

SE Michigan

#9017 Feb 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Those dumb asses drilled a hole through the roof all the way inside over the bed. I just noticed it this morning. I called them and gave them a piece of my mind. It cost me $100 in gas everytime I take it to them. I am not very happy. A coyote may have to pay today.:)
Why make a coyote pay for it when YOU are the one in the 1%?
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9018 Feb 20, 2013
Yesterday I seen kitty cat tracks in the cow path after the rain. I suspected the cat was hiding in a nearby shed. So today I took a havahart trap and baited it with dog food soaked in tuna juice. I set it in the shed. It only took about 15 minutes before I captured the cat. All of the cats 9 lives are now used up. It was a pregnant female cat. Im pretty shure it was the culprit that has been raiding the hen house & eating the chicken eggs. Some do gooder likely dumped the pregnant cat off out in the country instead of doing the proper thing.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9019 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Why make a coyote pay for it when YOU are the one in the 1%?
Because I do not like Coyotes and they are plentiful here. You do not become a 1 percenter by wasting money..

SE Michigan

#9020 Feb 20, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
Yesterday I seen kitty cat tracks in the cow path after the rain. I suspected the cat was hiding in a nearby shed. So today I took a havahart trap and baited it with dog food soaked in tuna juice. I set it in the shed. It only took about 15 minutes before I captured the cat. All of the cats 9 lives are now used up. It was a pregnant female cat. Im pretty shure it was the culprit that has been raiding the hen house & eating the chicken eggs. Some do gooder likely dumped the pregnant cat off out in the country instead of doing the proper thing.
Interesting that you would use a Havahart trap for a cat. I won't ask what you did with the cat.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9021 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would use a Havahart trap for a cat. I won't ask what you did with the cat.
I guess it's still OK to kill cats in your world but not howling mangy coyotes!

SE Michigan

#9022 Feb 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's still OK to kill cats in your world but not howling mangy coyotes!
I prefer NOTHING gets killed if it can be avoided. But I give more rights to NATIVE species. Then you already know that and you know the reason why. Coyote/native- Feral cat/non-native.
Any questions?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9023 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I prefer NOTHING gets killed if it can be avoided. But I give more rights to NATIVE species. Then you already know that and you know the reason why. Coyote/native- Feral cat/non-native.
Any questions?
Migrating birds non-native so I guess I will thin some out.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9024 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I never seen the cat to get a shot at it with the 12 guage. The shed it was hiding in is full of stuff I wouldnt want to shoot with buckshot. So I simply trapped it in the havahart trap. I took the trap out into the middle of the hay field turned the cat loose and nailed it to the ground with the 12 guage 00 buckshot!!! I wouldnt want to shoot holes in my havahart trap ya know!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Miller 16 min Wondering 3
if your not with your highschool sweetheart you... 17 min Satan 6
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 22 min Satan 824
Robbery at Christmas parade 4 hr Alton 23
y are their so many snitches in el dorado (Dec '13) 5 hr Caleb 21
moonshiners makeing poison 8 hr EldoMasterBlaster 24
white van being searched for 10 hr Check facts first 4
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:55 pm PST

ESPN12:55PM
Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
Junior Galette not on injury report, but expects limited role on Sunday
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play