More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,063

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#8441 Jan 8, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>When I am on my hunting bed the night before the season opener I see a big non-typical wall hanging 12 X 15 buck or an 8 X 8 elk depending on the hunt. When I wake up in the morning and go hunt I never kill one as big as I dreamed about! Interesting!
Yes it is. One would question your hunting abilities I suppose.:)

SE Michigan

#8442 Jan 8, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>When I am on my hunting bed the night before the season opener I see a big non-typical wall hanging 12 X 15 buck or an 8 X 8 elk depending on the hunt. When I wake up in the morning and go hunt I never kill one as big as I dreamed about! Interesting!
Seems they are taking away some more of our freedoms. I pay for the park. I will go there WHENEVER I please! Rafting and ice skating are now somehow "bad for the environment" and being banned? Give me an effing break!

If I drive 2000+ miles to get there, I will NOT be turned away! Guaranteed!
http://www.ktvn.com/story/20534813/yosemite-p...
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8443 Jan 8, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>And you know that how? Because someone said so? We live and die too. What does that make us?

Until we are dead, we cannot know or make statements like that as fact.

When my Grandma was on her death bed drifting in and out of consciousness, she mumbled something about seeing a dog in a tunnel. Within minutes, she was gone. Just a wild dream? I don't think so.

People who have died and come back said they saw animals and birds.

I am quite confident that I will reunited with my dogs one day. If there are dogs in Heaven, why not other animals? And if there aren't dogs in Heaven, then it won't be Heaven.

Worse case scenerio and animals don't have souls, that still doesn't give us a reason to kill them.... unless it's for food or self-defense. They have feelings and families just like we do. And God gave them life, just as HE gave us. I think HE prefers we take care of what HE created.
I don't kill animals because they don't have souls, I kill em cuz they taste good & it's sport (2 in 1). & to me it will ALWAYS be sport. I eat everything I kill & it's a way of life. If you don't like it, don't do it but don't bicker at us that do & if your as against "hurting animals" as you say, you would be a vegetarian. You don't want a lecture? Well I don't need a tree hugging liberal telling me my business either.
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#8444 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
And you know that how? Because someone said so? We live and die too. What does that make us?
Until we are dead, we cannot know or make statements like that as fact.
When my Grandma was on her death bed drifting in and out of consciousness, she mumbled something about seeing a dog in a tunnel. Within minutes, she was gone. Just a wild dream? I don't think so.
People who have died and come back said they saw animals and birds.
I am quite confident that I will reunited with my dogs one day. If there are dogs in Heaven, why not other animals? And if there aren't dogs in Heaven, then it won't be Heaven.
Worse case scenerio and animals don't have souls, that still doesn't give us a reason to kill them.... unless it's for food or self-defense. They have feelings and families just like we do. And God gave them life, just as HE gave us. I think HE prefers we take care of what HE created.
I shure as heck hope Those animals dont have souls that I will meet in the afterlife. I will have about a thousand or more cats dogs coyotes deer skunks beaver ect ect ect and a much smaller number of humans after my A$$. Now if I can carry a gun in the afterlife it will be OK.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8445 Jan 9, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> I shure as heck hope Those animals dont have souls that I will meet in the afterlife. I will have about a thousand or more cats dogs coyotes deer skunks beaver ect ect ect and a much smaller number of humans after my A$$. Now if I can carry a gun in the afterlife it will be OK.
You may be like the Islamic suicide murderers that are expecting virgins but instead get a bunch of pissed off Virginians.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8446 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes it is. One would question your hunting abilities I suppose.:)
Hunting is about harvesting the things that sustain the body. It's not about big antlers. I have freezers full of game that wish I was a so called trophy hunter!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8447 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems they are taking away some more of our freedoms. I pay for the park. I will go there WHENEVER I please! Rafting and ice skating are now somehow "bad for the environment" and being banned? Give me an effing break!
If I drive 2000+ miles to get there, I will NOT be turned away! Guaranteed!
http://www.ktvn.com/story/20534813/yosemite-p...
You can do all of that your heart desires here in New Mexico. Just wait until you see what obama has in store for you in the next 4 years. I can't wait until these people get what they voted for!

SE Michigan

#8448 Jan 9, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't kill animals because they don't have souls, I kill em cuz they taste good & it's sport (2 in 1). & to me it will ALWAYS be sport. I eat everything I kill & it's a way of life. If you don't like it, don't do it but don't bicker at us that do & if your as against "hurting animals" as you say, you would be a vegetarian. You don't want a lecture? Well I don't need a tree hugging liberal telling me my business either.
"if your as against "hurting animals" as you say, you would be a vegetarian."

Where did you learn to read? Better yet, where did you learn to COMPREHEND what you read??
First off, I NEVER said I was against hunting animals. And I am NOT a tree-hugging liberal.
I am quite conservative, thank you very much.
I am a meat-eater and also a staunch supporter of hunting.

But I also happen to like animals for reasons other than food and moving targets. I recognize them as other living beings who deserve to be treated as such.

SE Michigan

#8449 Jan 9, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> I shure as heck hope Those animals dont have souls that I will meet in the afterlife. I will have about a thousand or more cats dogs coyotes deer skunks beaver ect ect ect and a much smaller number of humans after my A$$. Now if I can carry a gun in the afterlife it will be OK.
No need to fear those animals after you die, Churm. They will likely be as happy as you are to be there. That is assuming you go to the same place.:)

SE Michigan

#8450 Jan 9, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hunting is about harvesting the things that sustain the body. It's not about big antlers. I have freezers full of game that wish I was a so called trophy hunter!
"Hunting is about harvesting the things that sustain the body."
On that, we agree. My freezer is full of elk. Well, half full now. I'm sending my other half back to Wyoming next year to refill it. I may even go with him. Correction, I WILL go with him. If he doesn't go, I may just go without him. Could I pull the trigger? That remains to be seen. But I think I could as long as I know for certain it will be a quick kill. To injure something and have it run off would haunt me forever.

SE Michigan

#8451 Jan 9, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You can do all of that your heart desires here in New Mexico. Just wait until you see what obama has in store for you in the next 4 years. I can't wait until these people get what they voted for!
Unfortunately, the election affects all of us. There is a silver lining though. I know someone who went to a gun show last weekend and he said there were so many people the wait just to get in the parking lot was almost two hours! People are preparing for the worst!
Anonymous

Oklahoma City, OK

#8452 Jan 9, 2013
What to bird and fish share?( Answer) A water source it's very easy to test water for deficiencies.

SE Michigan

#8453 Jan 9, 2013
GodSquad wrote:
What to bird and fish share?( Answer) A water source it's very easy to test water for deficiencies.
There's a thought. Call a scientist and suggest that. Any one else have any interesting brainstorms?
Amy

Shawnee, OK

#8454 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>"if your as against "hurting animals" as you say, you would be a vegetarian."

Where did you learn to read? Better yet, where did you learn to COMPREHEND what you read??
First off, I NEVER said I was against hunting animals. And I am NOT a tree-hugging liberal.
I am quite conservative, thank you very much.
I am a meat-eater and also a staunch supporter of hunting.

But I also happen to like animals for reasons other than food and moving targets. I recognize them as other living beings who deserve to be treated as such.
I said "hurting animals" not hunting. I read fine. Your views don't sound like that of a hunter but of a liberal. Ya can't straddle the fence. I realize someone can value life of any degree but don't go over the top with it pointing fingers & then discuss how delicious elk is. That sounds stupid.

SE Michigan

#8455 Jan 9, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "hurting animals" not hunting. I read fine. Your views don't sound like that of a hunter but of a liberal. Ya can't straddle the fence. I realize someone can value life of any degree but don't go over the top with it pointing fingers & then discuss how delicious elk is. That sounds stupid.
"Your views don't sound like that of a hunter..."
Because I am not a hunter. Never said I was.

I said I am a meat-eater and I support hunting. To not support hunting would be hypocritical of any meat-eater, wouldn't it?

I support hunting for food. Not for "fun" or for "sport." If you see killing animals as fun or a sport, that's you. Go have a blast. I have more respect than that for the animals that die so we can live.

"Ya can't straddle the fence."
Why can't I? Why does it have to be all or none? I can support hunting, while not supporting certain methods of hunting, or species being hunted.

"don't go over the top with it pointing fingers & then discuss how delicious elk is.:
Why not discuss the taste of elk? It is very good. So is beef, pork and chicken. Unlike beef, pork or chicken, the elk I eat were never confined or tortured or injected with drugs. I condone eating wild game over factory-farmed tortured animals any day of the week.

"but of a liberal."
Any one who likes animals is a liberal? Interesting. I know liberal Obama voters who hunt and kill animals. Explain THAT!
I like animals and I am a conservative. Bet you didn't know we existed, huh?
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8456 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>"Your views don't sound like that of a hunter..."
Because I am not a hunter. Never said I was.

I said I am a meat-eater and I support hunting. To not support hunting would be hypocritical of any meat-eater, wouldn't it?

I support hunting for food. Not for "fun" or for "sport." If you see killing animals as fun or a sport, that's you. Go have a blast. I have more respect than that for the animals that die so we can live.

"Ya can't straddle the fence."
Why can't I? Why does it have to be all or none? I can support hunting, while not supporting certain methods of hunting, or species being hunted.

"don't go over the top with it pointing fingers & then discuss how delicious elk is.:
Why not discuss the taste of elk? It is very good. So is beef, pork and chicken. Unlike beef, pork or chicken, the elk I eat were never confined or tortured or injected with drugs. I condone eating wild game over factory-farmed tortured animals any day of the week.

"but of a liberal."
Any one who likes animals is a liberal? Interesting. I know liberal Obama voters who hunt and kill animals. Explain THAT!
I like animals and I am a conservative. Bet you didn't know we existed, huh?
You support hunting for food, not for fun... I enjoy it for both & have said before, we eat everything we kill. Here's a little secret, the meat you eat died cuz someone killed it.... Obviously. What the hell do you care if someone enjoys the thrill of the hunt while they are doin it? I don't see your purpose in gettin on your soapbox if you are partaking in the feast too.

SE Michigan

#8457 Jan 9, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
You support hunting for food, not for fun... I enjoy it for both & have said before, we eat everything we kill. Here's a little secret, the meat you eat died cuz someone killed it.... Obviously. What the hell do you care if someone enjoys the thrill of the hunt while they are doin it? I don't see your purpose in gettin on your soapbox if you are partaking in the feast too.
I fully understand the "thrill of the hunt." I feel the same way (I think) when I get that awesome shot with my camera after stalking or waiting for my subject for hours. Put me in the outdoors for ANY activity and I'm happy! I'm sure I would enjoy hunting just as much as I do hiking, birding or photographing wildlife. I consider what I do very similar to hunting. Only when I "get" my subject, it remains alive. I prefer it that way.

Yes, I will let someone else make the actual kill so I can eat, be it from the supermarket or the wild. I prefer the wild because I care about the inhumane treatment of animals on some factory farms. Some of the torture that goes on is enjoyed all too much by the torturer. I find that revolting and inexcusable.

If I had to hunt I would. So far I've never been in the position of "having to." Some day I may try it just for the experience. I beleive hunting, gutting, preserving and preparing a meal from start to finish would be a good lesson to learn- and yes, enjoyable....for the most part.

What I could never find enjoyable in that whole process is watching the animal drop dead. I place value on all living things and realize they want to live as much as I do.

I'm not on a soapbox. I just have different values.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8458 Jan 9, 2013
The lion shall lay down with the lamb.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8459 Jan 9, 2013
Old Army wrote:
The lion mustn't concern himself with the opinions of lambs......

SE Michigan

#8460 Jan 9, 2013
Old Army wrote:
Amazing how many "predators" will nurse a youngster, or play with a prey species, they normally would eat. This is just one example out of thousands:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alice in El Doland 25 min babies alive 1
Defame Cheryl Wilson, get sued (Dec '08) 33 min Roland Van West 61
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 58 min Nah 96
Topix in general 1 hr roboblogger2 15
Daniel Riddell 3 hr StormieAlbritton 18
Whos Morgan Couch's Baby Daddy 3 hr StormieAlbritton 16
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 16 hr GuEst 29,898

El Dorado Jobs

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE