More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,152

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#8394 Dec 24, 2012
Old Army wrote:
Hey Raptor, why aren't you in South Texas counting the migrating birds? Been meaning to ask you about these little white birds that are swimming in the Little Red River behind my house. They look like geese but are smaller than ducks. May be Ross' geese, but I don't see any black color on their wing tips. Last winter there were two groups of about a dozen each, but only one group this year and they aren't diving as much, but the river is pretty low. Fun to watch.
I wonder are they good to eat. I dont get free food stamps so I gotta kill sumthin to eat whenever I can.
car nut

Ash Flat, AR

#8395 Dec 24, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself. Foxes are beautiful animals. To snuff the life out of one for no reason is inexcusable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =F8siK7tZSrYXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Someone in siberia or some other cold a$$ place will get to stay warm from the beautiful fur of that fox and all the coyotes Ive trapped. If I had caught it in one of those cruel steel jaw leghold traps. I Probably would of released it. I dont mind a fox if its not near my poultry. fox dont kill sheep goats or cattle. It would have suffered a sore paw and been trap shy likely to never get caught in a trap again. but the mamby pambys lamented about the suffering of something spending a few hours caught in those steel jaw traps. So I bought a dozen large conibear traps. They squeeze the life out of anything that get,s caught.
Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#8396 Dec 24, 2012

Oklahoma City, OK

#8397 Dec 24, 2012
car nut wrote:
<quoted text> Someone in siberia or some other cold a$$ place will get to stay warm from the beautiful fur of that fox and all the coyotes Ive trapped. If I had caught it in one of those cruel steel jaw leghold traps. I Probably would of released it. I dont mind a fox if its not near my poultry. fox dont kill sheep goats or cattle. It would have suffered a sore paw and been trap shy likely to never get caught in a trap again. but the mamby pambys lamented about the suffering of something spending a few hours caught in those steel jaw traps. So I bought a dozen large conibear traps. They squeeze the life out of anything that get,s caught.
Don't the mamby bambys make you sick? They are all up in our faces about everything. If we interfered in their lives like they have our they wouldn't stand for it.
Remember when the President was on a talk show and swatted a fly and they came out and said that fly deserved to live! They are stupid!!!
Duck Hunter

Oklahoma City, OK

#8398 Dec 25, 2012
Its duck season stupid.
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#8399 Dec 25, 2012
I dont understand why someone would get up at a ungodly hour and freeze their cohonies off in a duck blins just to get a chance shoot something that isnt fit to eat. but ill fight for their right to do it.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8400 Jan 6, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself. Foxes are beautiful animals. To snuff the life out of one for no reason is inexcusable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =F8siK7tZSrYXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I shot a fox last week. There is an elusive bob cat in my back yard but it won't be long before he is hanging on my living room wall!
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8401 Jan 6, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
I dont understand why someone would get up at a ungodly hour and freeze their cohonies off in a duck blins just to get a chance shoot something that isnt fit to eat. but ill fight for their right to do it.
Not fit to eat? Well obviously they are, ppl been eatin em a long time. & besides the game part, it's great sport!
Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#8402 Jan 6, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not fit to eat? Well obviously they are, ppl been eatin em a long time. & besides the game part, it's great sport!
Yea ive ate them and its tough stringy meat rather bland or if its a goose taste grassy. We have some Muscovy ducks that live on the pond an creek but we never kill them. We would if we where starving. With a duck or goose you just pull the skin apart at the breast and just cut out the breast meat. you cube it up and cook it with whatever suits your taste. I would much rather eat a beaver ,squirrl ,rabbit, quail ,turkey ect.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8403 Jan 6, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Yea ive ate them and its tough stringy meat rather bland or if its a goose taste grassy. We have some Muscovy ducks that live on the pond an creek but we never kill them. We would if we where starving. With a duck or goose you just pull the skin apart at the breast and just cut out the breast meat. you cube it up and cook it with whatever suits your taste. I would much rather eat a beaver ,squirrl ,rabbit, quail ,turkey ect.
I've been eating & cooking duck for years & mine don't taste bland. I don't cube it up either. I cook it in strips fried, baked or grilled or use it in dressing in replace of chicken or turkey.

Oklahoma City, OK

#8405 Jan 6, 2013
Dave Miller wrote:
You guys need to have them birds tested and don't leave it all to the government .
so
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8406 Jan 6, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been eating & cooking duck for years & mine don't taste bland. I don't cube it up either. I cook it in strips fried, baked or grilled or use it in dressing in replace of chicken or turkey.
To me duck is like carp. I see ducks landing in sewage treatment plants and the Rio Grande River along the southern border with Mexico. That place is a sewage pit in itself. Duck is nasty!
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8407 Jan 6, 2013
Duck meat has to be better than blackbirds, none of which died in Beebe on New Years Eve this year.
Amy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8408 Jan 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>To me duck is like carp. I see ducks landing in sewage treatment plants and the Rio Grande River along the southern border with Mexico. That place is a sewage pit in itself. Duck is nasty!
Eggs come out a chickens @$$ too but I don't eat em raw......Lol!
debyok

Maricopa, AZ

#8409 Jan 6, 2013
I think it's the chem trails they do everyday by plane. Infact I cant remember the last time I sae a bee.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8410 Jan 6, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Eggs come out a chickens @$$ too but I don't eat em raw......Lol!
Good for you. Enjoy your sewage filled meat duck!
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8411 Jan 7, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>To me duck is like carp. I see ducks landing in sewage treatment plants and the Rio Grande River along the southern border with Mexico. That place is a sewage pit in itself. Duck is nasty!
We have some Muscovy Ducks also some geese. I see them puddling around in the cow poop and eating nanny goat berries. they like it because I feed grain to the stock and the manure has small amounts of undigested grain and thase like grain. Myself I consider them unfit to eat. Because I know what they have been eating. I also seen muscovy ducks catch and eat bumblebees!
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8412 Jan 7, 2013
There are several bald eagles that have made the Searcy, Arkansas sewer ponds their new home. Maybe Ben Franklin was right about making the wild turkey our national bird.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8415 Jan 7, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Little Red River? Where are you Old Army?
You first, where are you?
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8419 Jan 7, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I'm just outside of Paragould city limits.
I'm about 100 miles from Pargould. I have some troll enemies on Topix, so I don't think it would be wise to tell my real name and exact location. Besides, I wouldn't want their blood on my hands, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is Shawn Youngs.. (Nov '11) 2 hr Truth 15
white van being searched for 4 hr blue van driver 11
eldo council 4 hr Reverand Al Sharpton 15
if your not with your highschool sweetheart you... 10 hr Lori 14
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 20 hr Media 843
cheryl williams 23 hr newnews 26
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Thu BARNEYII 30,462
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web