More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
7,801 - 7,820 of 9,827 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
radiation

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

the birds dies like that two years in a row on same day, weird, i just watched a tv series called "jericho" and the same thing happened in that, i realize you cant believe everything on tv, however, if you believe in conspiracy theories, clues are given in such things as tv series, in 'jericho' a nuclear blasts attacks them and they find a bunch of birds dead from radiation, makes you think anyway.
fifty1fifty

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Why yes, and you still owe me $100!
I see you are still full of shit too.
fifty1fifty

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Got it from sleeping with your fat mother!
Not my mother...she just had great big titties, even had them reduced at one time. How did that rehab go? Birds are gathering for the end now.(:
wormed

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Whats this post all about.
Mothers or birds.
Golfer

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I live in Bella Vista and am a very active person.

The POA only gets assessment income from me. Only $24.00 a month, that's it! I give them no more money than this. I will not support this association any more if I can help it. I absolutely refuse.

Here is what to do. Do what I do. Just drive by the POA golf courses, POA lakes, and other POA amenities like they do not even exist. You live within the city limits so just pretend that the POA is not there.

I'm an avid golfer too. Just NOT anymore in Bella Vista.

If the POA seeks an assessment increase in the near future, I will vote against this measure and will encourage my neighbors and friends in Bella Vista to do the same.

I've had enough!

Ooooo

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Golfer wrote:
The POA only gets assessment income from me. Only $24.00 a month, that's it! I give them no more money than this. I will not support this association any more if I can help it. I absolutely refuse.
Here is what to do. Do what I do. Just drive by the POA golf courses, POA lakes, and other POA amenities like they do not even exist. You live within the city limits so just pretend that the POA is not there.
If the POA seeks an assessment increase in the near future, I will vote against this measure and will encourage my neighbors and friends in Bella Vista to do the same.
I've had enough!
May the Bird of Paradise fly up your nose! lol
fifty1fifty

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>Rehab went well, just 3 more treatments from me and your fat mother will be on the way to recovery!
Just remember, your mother is also my mother, you mutha f'in bird sucker...are you sure you are not Captain Oblivious?(:
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Golfer wrote:
I've had enough!
I too live in Bella Vista and feel the same way.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Captain Obvious wrote:
Where is the RAPTOR?
Who wants to know?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations you can stop paying union dues now.
Good things are happening in MI! Last night the legislature also passed a bill that would allow concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, sports arenas and other areas where they were banned.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds ike it might shape up to be a nice place to live. What are your coworkers saying about their dues?
I have talked to very few of them about this issue. The ones I do talk to do not want to pay union dues, but they are afriad of not having "representation" should they need it.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If you do your job and do the best you can and have a positive attitude you will never need the union, never.
I agree........ in most cases.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Name a case where that doesn't work?
Suppose you work for a large "corporation" or any place that has alot of "bosses" beyond your immediate supervisor. Your immediate supervisor might like you, but he doesn't have the final say in anything.

Now suppose you are nearing retirement age and will soon be eligible to receive full pension and benefits, but the people "at the top," IF they are unscrupulous, decide they want to save a buck anywhere they can. They may not have ever even met the employee, but getting rid of that person would be one way to avoid a big expense.

They could order that immediate supervisor to fire that senior person,(for any reason imaginable)..... couldn't they?

Sure, that person could hire a lawyer, but what would be the cost of that? This is about the only reason I can see where union representation would be beneficial.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Suppose you woke up from your dream and went to work in the real world. You don't know anybody that has happpened to. If a company really wants to fire you they can, union or not.
Actually, I DO know someone that happened to. Six months from eligibility.

Like I said, sometimes the people making the decisions do not even know the employees. Good workers or not, the bottom line is the savings.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I call B.S. That could only happen legally if the employee merits termination and you know it. You heard his side of the story but not the companies. Admitt it.
You need to come out of your cavern. If there is a group of people... a powerful group of people....who make all the decisions regarding how money is spent, they can tell the supervisor to get rid of anyone they want. What they consider "meritting termination" could be far different than what the boss, or you, consider meritting termination. What someone has done for 29 1/2 years on the job, could all of the sudden be against policy.

"That could only happen legally if the employee merits termination and you know it."
LEGALLY is the operative word. Like I said, the employee could get a lawyer, but often can't afford one. That is where union representaion could be beneficial.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

When I retired from my union job after 13 years of paying dues I got a check for $100. I think, but am not sure, that they will give my wife $100 when I die. Woo Hoo!!!
Hmmm

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

This discussion has been going on for a long time

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't afford a lawyer after 29.5 years of work you have bigger problems than being terminated. Most lawyers would take a legit case like that and recoup their fee during the settlement process costing the client nothing. I know this for a fact.
My neighbor was told, "You are not needed anymore." Simple as that. He did nothing wrong other than get too close to collecting a pension. That is a FACT. He shouldn't have to hire a lawyer to defend himself. It could be a big expense and WHAT IF he doesn't win? You must have alot of confidence in our judicial system. I don't. They are just as corrupt as the unions and the politicians.

Just because YOU are rich, doesn't mean everyone else is. He may not have made the fortune you did. Or maybe he didn't spend and save as wisely as you did. That doesn't make him bad. He is a regular hard-working American citizen that did what he could to make a life for himself. And in the end, he got screwed. Now at retirement age and scraping by on SS, he is looking for a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Financial Bank - Online Banking (Jan '12) 1 hr frizzkat 23
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 29,437
Who is the gorgeous black girl in the drive-thr... 4 hr Connor 3
hookers 7 hr Duck lover 26
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 7 hr Duck lover 71
Jay Norris 8 hr dughie 2
Drug Dens 10 hr JusMe 75

Search the El Dorado Forum:
•••
•••