More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
7,561 - 7,580 of 9,789 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
BRILLIANT!
Interesting!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Fascinating!
Intriguing!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting!
Touching!
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Ive got a russian 7.62X 54 sniper rifle. It was used in the war. it has a bayonett on the barrell. With steel jacket ammo it will shoot a 3/8 hole through a 1/2 thick steel dozer blade. years ago when I could see better I squirrl hunted with it using steel jacket ammo. Shoot them in the head and it didnt do as much damage as a 22 would. I also have a british 303. nowadays I carry a Ruger Blackhawk 44 handgun and a 12 guage pump shotgun almost everywhere I travel. the 44 has a laser sight and I am deadly with it. Its a large hand gun but I can carry it concealed under my bib overhalls. Part of that beer gut is a handgun.
I've got Abe Lincoln's axe. Its had five new heads and fifty new handles.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Touching!
Smart

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Smart
Hey wait a minute. Are we supposed to be describing ourselves or the other person?
If it's the other person:
NUTS!
LOL
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Hey wait a minute. Are we supposed to be describing ourselves or the other person?
If it's the other person:
NUTS!
LOL
DARN!

You got me!

LOL!
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I carry a small .40 Glock with me 24/7. That Blackhawk is mighty large to be toating around! And no Raptor, it's not a racial thing with the Blackhawk! LOL!
I shoot heavy loads with the 44. Everything Ive shot with it was right there stone dead one shot. Body armor wouldnt help a bit against a 44. and Im not worried about someone coming to my door to confinscate my guns. Ill give them to them and they wouldnt like it very much.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I shoot heavy loads with the 44. Everything Ive shot with it was right there stone dead one shot. Body armor wouldnt help a bit against a 44. and Im not worried about someone coming to my door to confinscate my guns. Ill give them to them and they wouldnt like it very much.
"Everything Ive shot with it was right there stone dead one shot."
I thought you said the yellow cat ran away.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

<quoted text>
"Everything Ive shot with it was right there stone dead one shot."
I thought you said the yellow cat ran away.
I didnt shoot the yellow cat with the 44.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

I got me 3 coyotes today! All one shot one kill!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

2 More coyotes this afternoon, I missed two also!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
2 More coyotes this afternoon, I missed two also!
Considering you said there are "so many," it sounds like you missed far more than two. LOL
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

<quoted text>
Considering you said there are "so many," it sounds like you missed far more than two. LOL
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/11/14/ro n-pauls-farewell-speech-video/

LMAO!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
It's damn shame. What the establishment parties did to that honest, decent man is appalling. It's even worse how everyone walks around in a damn stupor- doing what they are told, when they are told to do it.

It's no wonder Hitler found it so easy to scare whole armies into murder of innocent people for no reason. If any one man would have refused Hitlers round up and kill orders, or turned against him, the masses would have ridiculed or even killed him, because the majority of the people are weak. They are afraid to stand up for what's right. Ron Paul did. He honored his oath of office. A few of us recognized that, appreciated it and supported him for it. Our numbers were growing fast as we presented the facts about his record and spread his message of peace, freedom and prosperity one person at a time.

The media under orders from the top, shut him down. When corporations and advertisers saw the traction Paul was getting, they got scared. Fiscal responsibilty became something they really had to take seriously and they feared that -BIGTIME! The media suddenly created some fake racist story- that quickly faded away after it was debunked.

But the citzenry is so hell bent on sports and competing with their neighbors, they don't see the obvious and they don't reseach and check up on what their elected leaders are doing. Most have never read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights either. They just turn on Fox, MSNBC or CNN and vote for the candidate their favorite tv personality says to vote for because THEY have done ALL the research for everyone.

Our founders were courageous and brilliant. They created the greatest amount of peace, freedom and prosperity ever known to man. They recognized what the human spirit wanted and needed and they knew human nature could also be evil and power-hungry. They brilliantly drew up a document that took all those things into consideration, as best as they could. Millions of men and women fought and died to preserve that document. Ron Paul was as close to our founders in his beliefs than we have seen in a LONG time!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

This man is SOOOO RIGHT in EVERYTHING he says- EVERYTHING!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

<quoted text>
It's damn shame. What the establishment parties did to that honest, decent man is appalling. It's even worse how everyone walks around in a damn stupor- doing what they are told, when they are told to do it.
It's no wonder Hitler found it so easy to scare whole armies into murder of innocent people for no reason. If any one man would have refused Hitlers round up and kill orders, or turned against him, the masses would have ridiculed or even killed him, because the majority of the people are weak. They are afraid to stand up for what's right. Ron Paul did. He honored his oath of office. A few of us recognized that, appreciated it and supported him for it. Our numbers were growing fast as we presented the facts about his record and spread his message of peace, freedom and prosperity one person at a time.
The media under orders from the top, shut him down. When corporations and advertisers saw the traction Paul was getting, they got scared. Fiscal responsibilty became something they really had to take seriously and they feared that -BIGTIME! The media suddenly created some fake racist story- that quickly faded away after it was debunked.
But the citzenry is so hell bent on sports and competing with their neighbors, they don't see the obvious and they don't reseach and check up on what their elected leaders are doing. Most have never read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights either. They just turn on Fox, MSNBC or CNN and vote for the candidate their favorite tv personality says to vote for because THEY have done ALL the research for everyone.
Our founders were courageous and brilliant. They created the greatest amount of peace, freedom and prosperity ever known to man. They recognized what the human spirit wanted and needed and they knew human nature could also be evil and power-hungry. They brilliantly drew up a document that took all those things into consideration, as best as they could. Millions of men and women fought and died to preserve that document. Ron Paul was as close to our founders in his beliefs than we have seen in a LONG time!
OK!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>OK!
What a speech!
Warrior, You claim to be a conservative. If you are really a conservative, how can you dispute ONE thing he has said in his farewell speech? It is what he has fought for for so many years?
That man is a REAL HERO!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

<quoted text>
What a speech!
Warrior, You claim to be a conservative. If you are really a conservative, how can you dispute ONE thing he has said in his farewell speech? It is what he has fought for for so many years?
That man is a REAL HERO!
That mans foreign policy would be dangerous to America. He is a nut!

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

What in the hell does all this have to do with dead blackbirds? What happened to that subject? This thread has gotten so far out there it's ridiculous. So back on subject at hand, did they ever find an actual legit reason for the dead fish and birds?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Municipal Auditorium- El Dorado 31 min Jackson 14
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 34 min guest 28,972
Shooting 2 hr Paul 11
Lots of Ugly Guys in Eldo 3 hr moo 2
Ashley Scroggs Brummett 4 hr Name 23
looking for a good looking woman for a road trip 4 hr dudecalmdown 5
guys with little ones keep reporting 4 hr shortshortman 27
Green Mystery Liquid In Creek 6 hr Huh 10
Nostalgic El Dorado (May '08) 23 hr Jean 906