Is Pat's Glass closing??
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yep

Dallas, TX

#26 Apr 22, 2013
Frizz wrote:
Pat's Glass is closing because they have reached retirement age and WANT to retire. They have had many good years (25) in that location and appreciate all of their customers. Thank you El Dorado.
But the "Oh well" goober is so set on the fact that Atwoods and the Chinese Buffett has ran them out of town. Because she thinks economics works a certain way that nobody can figure out, nor can she explain. Maybe she won't be too stupid to comprehend your post. Thank you, Pat's Glass, for 25 wonderful years.
well

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 22, 2013
You mean there's other reasons businesses close in El Dorado besides competition and economic conditions? Imagine that!
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#29 Apr 22, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
But the "Oh well" goober is so set on the fact that Atwoods and the Chinese Buffett has ran them out of town. Because she thinks economics works a certain way that nobody can figure out, nor can she explain. Maybe she won't be too stupid to comprehend your post. Thank you, Pat's Glass, for 25 wonderful years.
Wonder why they just did not sell the business too another party and retire since it was doing so well ?...oh I forgot....it wasn't doing do well.........
yep

Maumelle, AR

#31 Apr 22, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder why they just did not sell the business too another party and retire since it was doing so well ?...oh I forgot....it wasn't doing do well.........
Again, dumbass, have you talked to the owners to find this out? There are reasons why many businesses don't sell... They so so well that they don't have to! It can be expensive to sell a business in this day and age. Profits on such transactions are not always made. Bit you'd know this if you had any understanding of economics.
Jackie

El Dorado, AR

#32 Apr 22, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
OR - like so many family-owned businesses, it was doing just fine for them, but not so well that another person would want to buy it. Lots of people own businesses so they can be their own boss and because they love what they do - not just so they can sell it for tons of money.
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#33 Apr 22, 2013
I guess one excuse is as good as another, but I don't think a profitable business would be hard to sell.
actually

Dallas, TX

#34 Apr 22, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
I guess one excuse is as good as another, but I don't think a profitable business would be hard to sell.
Just like the actual reason is better than the fabrication you just pulled out of your a$$.
FFC

Rowlett, TX

#35 Apr 22, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
Why are you so dead-set on telling us how bad everything is?
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#36 Apr 22, 2013
FFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so dead-set on telling us how bad everything is?
why are you dead set on trying to make folks believe that Eldorado can handle more retail when businesses are closing left and right, you sound like those desperate snake oil salesmen at the chamber of commerce.
Jackie

El Dorado, AR

#37 Apr 22, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you dead set on trying to make folks believe that Eldorado can handle more retail when businesses are closing left and right, you sound like those desperate snake oil salesmen at the chamber of commerce.
I never said that. I said that we should let the market take care of itself. You said we should create a star chamber that decides who gets to come in to town and who doesn't. My idea is free market. Yours is protectionism.

By the way, at least the folks at the Chamber are doing something. And for every business you say closed, I can come up with another one that opened. Our economy is doing OK. Maybe not great, but it's not horrible like you think it is.
oh well

El Dorado, AR

#38 Apr 22, 2013
Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that. I said that we should let the market take care of itself. You said we should create a star chamber that decides who gets to come in to town and who doesn't. My idea is free market. Yours is protectionism.
By the way, at least the folks at the Chamber are doing something. And for every business you say closed, I can come up with another one that opened. Our economy is doing OK. Maybe not great, but it's not horrible like you think it is.
yes, and for every new one that opens an old one is forced to close....time and time again..........this is not a healthy economy..........one day in the near future only the giants and big box stores will remain, very sad.
FFC

El Dorado, AR

#39 Apr 22, 2013
oh well wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and for every new one that opens an old one is forced to close....time and time again..........this is not a healthy economy..........one day in the near future only the giants and big box stores will remain, very sad.
Only if the stores you think are so great don't find ways to compete. If they're competitive, they stay open. If not, they don't. Circle of life....
OH WELL

El Dorado, AR

#42 Apr 23, 2013
FFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if the stores you think are so great don't find ways to compete. If they're competitive, they stay open. If not, they don't. Circle of life....
So the helll with our friends and neighbors that have been here for us over the years when we needed them ?

we are only concerned what suits ME-MYSELF & I.
downtowner

El Dorado, AR

#43 Apr 23, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
I agree- this was more of a hobby than a business. There is a differnce.
actually

Irving, TX

#44 Apr 23, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you're wrong. Businesses are not "closing left and right." Until you discover reality and understand facts instead of the lies told to you or create yourself, you'll continue to live your life on misery and alone. Utterly alone.
FFC

El Dorado, AR

#45 Apr 23, 2013
OH WELL wrote:
<quoted text>
So the helll with our friends and neighbors that have been here for us over the years when we needed them ?
we are only concerned what suits ME-MYSELF & I.
So what - we should protect the stores on the square that close at 5:00 and don't open on weekends? Just because they've been here for awhile?

Hope you never become mayor. Attitudes like yours kill towns.
actually

Maumelle, AR

#46 Apr 24, 2013
FFC wrote:
<quoted text>
So what - we should protect the stores on the square that close at 5:00 and don't open on weekends? Just because they've been here for awhile?
Hope you never become mayor. Attitudes like yours kill towns.
Agree 100%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Alphapapa 43,258
What is your opinion of the new Domino's commer... (Aug '11) 3 hr Blaine 136
Mayor vote recount 4 hr Blaine 1
"Wheeler": Movie fimed in El Dorado (Jan '10) Apr '18 EldoMasterBlaster 78

El Dorado Jobs

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages