Cross Life Church. good or bad?

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

We were considering going there. Has anyone ever been? How is it?
Hello

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I love it:) It is a wonderful church and brother dwayne is awesome
SuperMan

Brenham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

they're crazy tounge babbling idiots.......and the preacher is one of those cult type guys, ya gotta follow him.
CBG

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 26, 2012
 
If you love seances and faith healing, this is the church for you.
girlie girl

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I love this church it's great!!!!
I know

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dwaine is on his way out which would be great if arrogant Chester wasn't next in line for that position! The church is losing elders and long term supporters like crazy. Nothing left but wingnuts. Have fun but don't drink the koolaide!
Redneck

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The above comments are from the homo. TheFag likes to talk about churches, because he knows he's going to burn in h-ll. This freak is the epic of LOSERS. LMAO. Burn MAGGOT burn. I can hear the POS welfare freak sceaming now. LMAO.
I know

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 26, 2012
 
Redneck wrote:
The above comments are from the homo. TheFag likes to talk about churches, because he knows he's going to burn in h-ll. This freak is the epic of LOSERS. LMAO. Burn MAGGOT burn. I can hear the POS welfare freak sceaming now. LMAO.
Too late "redneck" has already tasted the koolaide!
MUST READ

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I wouldn't listen to any of them. I grew up in a southern baptist church and it was a good one, but there weren't many people so we left. We tried many churches but everyone was so rude and stuck up. They cared about themselves, not welcoming people into their church. Then we kept hearing about how "crazy" Cross Life was. So one day we went to check it out and sure enough they were crazy, crazy for GOD. We haven't been able to leave
! They have a unique way of worshiping the lord. The music is more contemporary,(not complaining, we love it) and the church lasts a while. It isn't one of the churches you want to go to for a 15-30 minute sermon, it lasts a while and it gets its point across for sure. WE LOVE IT! They speak in tounges yes, but if the Lord leads you too do it then go for it! Everyone there cares for one another and they are like a family. Miracles truly do happen in that church. They have a God loving preacher who cares about the lord. There is no "cult" going on in that church. Trust me. These are jealous other people from churches that are just jealous because they don't have the holy spirit in their church! I was saved, and baptised there and love it. Everytime i've brought a friend they've gotten saved. They love it. You just have to be open minded to change. It will be a life changing experience because it's one of the best churches you will ever go to. Anyone and Everyone is accepted there, unlike other people. Come as you are. Jesus loves you no matter how you are.
I know

Glenmora, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 4, 2013
 
There is a find line between spirit filled and emotionalism! The biggest problem with the church is the arrogance of the members saying that it is the only spirit filled church in el dorado! Even brother dwain preaches from the pulpit that your not truly filled with the holy spirit until you speak in tongues. Just like " must read" says above, everyone is jealous because their church doesn't have the holy spirit. You are definately a koolaide drinker! The bible says many will be deceived in the last days, crosslife is a prime example of this. What flavor is the koolaide these days anyway.
Amanda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Speaking in tongues is for show. We predominantly speak English in this country, with a growing Spanish-speaking population. The holy spirit does not require for people to speak in tongues. If he said otherwise, then he's adding passages to the Bible. How sad.
TCJ

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Amanda wrote:
Speaking in tongues is for show. We predominantly speak English in this country, with a growing Spanish-speaking population. The holy spirit does not require for people to speak in tongues. If he said otherwise, then he's adding passages to the Bible. How sad.
Amanda's right. Speaking in tongues is not about babbling gibberish or pretending you are filled with the spirit. It was being able to speak another language clearly to spread the word. Read the Scriptures.

Brother Dwain doesn't know the Bible and makes his services up as he goes along. If you think church means screaming and looking like an idiot, this is the church for you.
Hank Hill

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MUST READ wrote:
I wouldn't listen to any of them. I grew up in a southern baptist church and it was a good one, but there weren't many people so we left. We tried many churches but everyone was so rude and stuck up. They cared about themselves, not welcoming people into their church. Then we kept hearing about how "crazy" Cross Life was. So one day we went to check it out and sure enough they were crazy, crazy for GOD. We haven't been able to leave
! They have a unique way of worshiping the lord. The music is more contemporary,(not complaining, we love it) and the church lasts a while. It isn't one of the churches you want to go to for a 15-30 minute sermon, it lasts a while and it gets its point across for sure. WE LOVE IT! They speak in tounges yes, but if the Lord leads you too do it then go for it! Everyone there cares for one another and they are like a family. Miracles truly do happen in that church. They have a God loving preacher who cares about the lord. There is no "cult" going on in that church. Trust me. These are jealous other people from churches that are just jealous because they don't have the holy spirit in their church! I was saved, and baptised there and love it. Everytime i've brought a friend they've gotten saved. They love it. You just have to be open minded to change. It will be a life changing experience because it's one of the best churches you will ever go to. Anyone and Everyone is accepted there, unlike other people. Come as you are. Jesus loves you no matter how you are.
Jim Jones was crazy for God, too.
chuckme

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Who in the chuck is Jim Jones?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

chuckme wrote:
Who in the chuck is Jim Jones?
It was Flavor Aid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones
just sayin'

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I watched CrossLife on tv once just to see what all the hype was about. At one point the preacher said that The Lord told him that 2 people needed to be saved and that they wouldn't leave until it happened. He went on to say that he knew in his heart that it was a young person and an old person needing salvation. It went on forever and he became more and more adamant. Seemed more like bullying than preaching and being "spirit filled".

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 10, 2013
 
Do they still perform healings over there?
Preacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

[QUOTE who="just sayin'"]I watched CrossLife on tv once just to see what all the hype was about. At one point the preacher said that The Lord told him that 2 people needed to be saved and that they wouldn't leave until it happened. He went on to say that he knew in his heart that it was a young person and an old person needing salvation. It went on forever and he became more and more adamant. Seemed more like bullying than preaching and being "spirit filled".[/QUOTE]

But he did speak to me! Right after I came down off my LSD trip.
Ummmm

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 14, 2013
 
If you hear a voice speaking to you then you need medication. If you follow a man who says he hears voices you need more than medication, you need to be put in a mental hospital before you poison your children.
Really

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 16, 2013
 
Ummmm wrote:
If you hear a voice speaking to you then you need medication. If you follow a man who says he hears voices you need more than medication, you need to be put in a mental hospital before you poison your children.
Then you are saying all preachers or pastors are mental because they hear God speak to them, that's why they are called to do God's work. Everyone that talks against anyone that brings God's word will answer for their actions. It's just wrong, period!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 54 min Answer Man 28,935
Shooting 1 hr Jeff 4
Big Men, Little "problem" 1 hr Martin 64
Noah's Tribe Was Troubled By His Coloring 1 hr 40ish 3
guys with little ones keep reporting 2 hr Duck lover 18
cafe zaatar? 2 hr Xerxes 17
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 3 hr Newport 213
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••