Edmonds: County's finances in sound s...

Edmonds: County's finances in sound shape ... at least for now

There are 18 comments on the Http story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Edmonds: County's finances in sound shape ... at least for now. In it, Http reports that:

“Basically, it all translates to something good for our area's economy”

By JOHN WORTHEN News-Times Staff Even with rising fuel prices, a slowing economy and an ever-increasing cost of living, Union County's finances seem to be in sound shape ... at least for now. via Http

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

mule train

Redmond, WA

#1 Mar 18, 2008
They should be.they don,t spend it on their employees.J O
Union County Citizen

El Dorado, AR

#2 Mar 18, 2008
What a joke. The reason of the surplus (if any) is because the "county road department" never comes and fixes anything--even after multiple calls. We can thank the judges head pup for that. He is too busy riding around looking good to do any work... He is such a joke. Instead of a sheriff's race, I sure wish we had a judges race!
Another Citizen

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2008
Union County Citizen wrote:
Instead of a sheriff's race, I sure wish we had a judges race!
He's up for re-election as well, all we need is another candidate to run against him. I'd vote for Peter Pan before I voted for Edmonds.
Another Citizen

United States

#4 Mar 18, 2008
If you were on the quorum court or one of their buddies your road would get fixed yesterday.

Just ask Jack Reynolds, he got a road into some of his private forest land gaveled at the tax payers expense.(Or so I've been told) ;)
come on

Monticello, AR

#5 Mar 24, 2008
I think the citizens should "take a drive" by the members of the QC and the judges places then come and discuss this! Who all knows of a road or roads that are in need of repair, I know I can name a few off the top of my head the people that travel them everyday deserve better than this!
Another Citizen

United States

#6 Mar 24, 2008
I know of more than I can count but guaranteed no QC members, the County Judge, or any other elected official lives on them. Guaranteed!!!
citizen

Searcy, AR

#7 Mar 27, 2008
OR SO YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!? what an assanine thing to say. he would never do something like that and you should never go off someone else's judgement. your source of information is probably not even reliable. what is it your busness anyways if you are from missouri?
Another Citizen wrote:
If you were on the quorum court or one of their buddies your road would get fixed yesterday.
Just ask Jack Reynolds, he got a road into some of his private forest land gaveled at the tax payers expense.(Or so I've been told) ;)
WHAAT

Huntsville, TX

#8 Mar 27, 2008
citizen wrote:
OR SO YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!? what an assanine thing to say. he would never do something like that and you should never go off someone else's judgement. your source of information is probably not even reliable. what is it your busness anyways if you are from missouri?
<quoted text>
UH LOOKY HERE IT SHOWS YOU ARE FROM SEARCY SO THE SAME COULD BE SAID ABOUT YOU - BUT -
THE CITIES/STATES BELOW OUR NAMES ARE ISP ADDRESSES NOT WHERE WE NECESSARILY LIVE.
Another Citizen

United States

#9 Mar 27, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, I know exactly where the road is and also know that it had been condemed by the county until prior to Reynolds having a bunch of his timber cut. Maybe you should know what "YOU" are talking about before you spout off. If you want to see for yourself the road connects Wesson road to Pleasant Hill Rd. Prior to the work being done you couldn't even drive on it because it was all grown up and has been for years. County crews graveled and repaired it then all of a sudden they started halling timber out of there. Real funny coincidence huh?

By the looks of the front page of todays paper we may not have to worry about Mr. Reynolds for much longer.
who

Wilmar, AR

#10 Mar 27, 2008
Who did he shoot at? a Doctor?
Another Citizen

United States

#11 Mar 28, 2008
who wrote:
Who did he shoot at? a Doctor?
That's what I heard, a well known Doctor from this area.
Jeffro

Redmond, WA

#12 Mar 28, 2008
I heard he has shot a man once before over some tree tops. I feel like he needs to be removed from office.
Another Citizen

United States

#13 Mar 28, 2008
I think that was his brother that shot the man before.
VOTER

Huntsville, TX

#14 Mar 28, 2008
Seems it doesn't matter to the Sheriff who you are. Goes to show you that this crap they say about him treating some different than others is that,, crap. Good call!
no no

Warren, AR

#15 Mar 28, 2008
duh, it's obvious Ken doesn't like Jack
making changes

Camden, AR

#16 Apr 5, 2008
VOTER wrote:
Seems it doesn't matter to the Sheriff who you are. Goes to show you that this crap they say about him treating some different than others is that,, crap. Good call!
thats why it took so long for it to go to the asp,
its was tring to go away but the doctor would not let it
see this

Camden, AR

#17 Apr 5, 2008
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
see the IQ of these people
Big Daddy 2014

United States

#18 Jun 7, 2014
Has anyone heard anything about Mr Robert Edmons getting a d.w.i. recently in. Louisiana. I know he is a bad alcoholic. Closet drinker. If that was any other city employee they would be headlines and would surely be getting fired the same day. Know his father is a judge but we are convinced he is sucking franks dick everyday. You the man Robert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cross Life Church ElDo 5 min Bent Over Love Re... 11
Since cops are popular lately. 9 min Oppressed 11
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 31 min BARNEYII 40,836
Moving to Arkansas what are nice areas in El Do... 6 hr jabe 9
Martie Adams Chandler 6 hr Evil 24
Cute nice guy (Dec '16) 17 hr Blondie 25
Local DJ's? Mon snowflake 4

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance