6,005 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Gietz

Lonoke, AR

#21233 Jan 26, 2013
see allot of NUMBERS being tossed around! numbers are funny animals, they can lead you to think allot of things. However if one understands the numbers he is looking at ~ then some good assumptions can be made: Death by GUN would include all deaths caused by a GUN, like if one hunter shoots another hunter (on purpose or by real accident) So to see if GUN CONTROL LAWS work I would guess you would like to see the numbers for those deaths by a gun when the killer was out to do harm? RIGHT
Gietz

Lonoke, AR

#21234 Jan 26, 2013
Ok now that I made an opening statement lets look at some of the numbers; #01 = Calif. with 2,392 killed on purpose with a gun (could have been any type gun, shotgun, pistol, rifle)#2 was, Texas with 1,364 next,#03 was, New York with 889 next,#04 was Florida with 883 and at #05 was Illinois with 776 (mass majority in Chicago). At the BOTTOM of the list are; #50 was N. Dakota with 09 (nine) next #49 was Wyoming with 11.

OK, guess we can read allot into this ~ but the FACTS ARE SIMPLE, GUN CONTROL DOES NOT (REPEAT DOES NOT) stop, prevent, or REDUCE MURDER RATES WITH A GUN!!!!
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21236 Jan 27, 2013
Gietz wrote:
Ok now that I made an opening statement lets look at some of the numbers; #01 = Calif. with 2,392 killed on purpose with a gun (could have been any type gun, shotgun, pistol, rifle)#2 was, Texas with 1,364 next,#03 was, New York with 889 next,#04 was Florida with 883 and at #05 was Illinois with 776 (mass majority in Chicago). At the BOTTOM of the list are; #50 was N. Dakota with 09 (nine) next #49 was Wyoming with 11.
OK, guess we can read allot into this ~ but the FACTS ARE SIMPLE, GUN CONTROL DOES NOT (REPEAT DOES NOT) stop, prevent, or REDUCE MURDER RATES WITH A GUN!!!!
Barney is rather deadly with an a spatula and a deep fryer but you don't see anyone that doesn't eat at his store trying to outlaw kitchen utensils or equipment. The same can be said about guns as Barney, the tool doesn't kill, ineptness does, well maybe Barney the tool does but you know what I meant. If you ever catch me Bipoty understanding statistics, I was trying to trick you, remember that.
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21237 Jan 27, 2013
Bipoty = Not

Just trying to trick you, I wasn't wrong
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#21238 Jan 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
Bipoty = Not
Just trying to trick you, I wasn't wrong
You tricked me, I never heard of a Bipoty. Is that a shithouse for Barney and Billy Bob?
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21239 Jan 27, 2013
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
You tricked me, I never heard of a Bipoty. Is that a shithouse for Barney and Billy Bob?
At Disney World they have the "Bipity Bopity Boutique" where they can dress up in princess gowns and where make up. As Cinderella says "If the shoe fits", never know about Barney, he spends a lot of time bashing Christians and defending Gays.
all good

Bellevue, WA

#21240 Jan 27, 2013
yns
I BEG TO DIFFER

Ash Flat, AR

#21241 Jan 27, 2013
Gietz wrote:
OK, guess we can read allot into this ~ but the FACTS ARE SIMPLE, GUN CONTROL DOES NOT (REPEAT DOES NOT) stop, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_8MkGqT0Z54XX or REDUCE MURDER RATES WITH A GUN!!!!
"STOP" completly------ obviously not.

"DOES NOT REDUCE MURDER RATES"---------- NOT SO FAST, that is your opinion, not fact

The data came from an extensive tabulation by Mark Follman at Mother Jones. Except for 1999, a year of five shootings (including the Columbine massacre), the assault ban period was peaceful by US standards:

Years
Shootings
Per year
People shot/year
1982-1994
1995-2004
2005-2012
3.4*
54.8*

*p<0.05 compared with 1995-2004.
Since the expiration of the gun ban in 2004, the number of shootings per year has doubled, and the number of victims per year has nearly tripled. Three of the bloodiest four years shown here occurred since the expiration.

http://election.princeton.edu/2012/12/14/did-...

The numbers would suggest your facts is incorrect.
Or do you have another explanation?
I BEG TO DIFFER

Ash Flat, AR

#21242 Jan 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
At Disney World they have the "Bipity Bopity Boutique" where they can dress up in princess gowns and where make up. As Cinderella says "If the shoe fits", never know about Barney, he spends a lot of time bashing Christians and defending Gays.
Barney bash hypocrites who pretended to be Christians, no offense, but lairs as well.
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21245 Jan 27, 2013
I BEG TO DIFFER wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney bash hypocrites who pretended to be Christians, no offense, but lairs as well.
He bashes hypocrites but also the Church, anything conservative, heck, he bashes anything that he doesn't agree with or understand, which leaves very little for him not to bash. But no one has ever accused the boy of being overly bright.
BLUE

Ash Flat, AR

#21246 Jan 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
He bashes hypocrites but also the Church, anything conservative, heck, he bashes anything that he doesn't agree with or understand, which leaves very little for him not to bash. But no one has ever accused the boy of being overly bright.
As I said he bashed liars as well, would you like for me to go back through here and repost some peoples thoughts as to the height of his intelligence or would you rather just say;

That would just add insult to my injury, so I will just confessed and say I lied again, and save save your time of proving me wrong.

Your choice, which do you pick Punk ?

BLUE

Ash Flat, AR

#21247 Jan 27, 2013
guess 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Barney someone needs to tell gun control doesn't work. You only make easier for the criminals to do what they do best, kill.
IF LAWS STOPED ALL BAD GUYS WE WOULD NOT NEED JAILS EITHER WOULD WE SLICK?
Just Saying

Ash Flat, AR

#21248 Jan 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>

LET IT BE KNOW, that you have been accused of being overly stupid.

Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21249 Jan 27, 2013
BLUE wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said he bashed liars as well, would you like for me to go back through here and repost some peoples thoughts as to the height of his intelligence or would you rather just say;
That would just add insult to my injury, so I will just confessed and say I lied again, and save save your time of proving me wrong.
Your choice, which do you pick Punk ?
Haven't seen a Eastwood wannabe in a while, you failed miserably. When you bash anything you don't understand, yes you will eventually bash someone who deserves it, analog clocks are right twice a day, Barney isn't quite that accurate. I would be Blue if I were defending the fool.
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21250 Jan 27, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
LET IT BE KNOW, that you have been accused of being overly stupid.
but I haven't been proven to be, whereas Barney has.
Just Saying

Ash Flat, AR

#21251 Jan 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seen a Eastwood wannabe in a while, you failed miserably. When you bash anything you don't understand, yes you will eventually bash someone who deserves it, analog clocks are right twice a day, Barney isn't quite that accurate. I would be Blue if I were defending the fool.
I see you are a Big Mouth Bass excrement, who cannot make a decision much less defend his own words.

Yea, you just proved it.

Since: Jun 12

Detroit City

#21252 Jan 27, 2013
I will take, Big Mouth Bass excrement, for 1000 please, Alex.

What is a, BIG MOUTH BASS TURD,?

Correct----------choose again!
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#21253 Jan 27, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are a Big Mouth Bass excrement, who cannot make a decision much less defend his own words.
Yea, you just proved it.
Something's are not worth responding to, if I was not looking at several monikers from the same location I might take some of this seriously but really, it just so much Blarney, that is synonymous with BS.
Just Saying

Mountain Home, AR

#21254 Jan 27, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, you just proved it.
BTW idiot, its a broken watch that is right twice a day.

Just Saying

Mountain Home, AR

#21255 Jan 27, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW idiot, its a broken watch that is right twice a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 1 hr Who gives a flip 27
UN community college forcing Town House to move... 2 hr Grigori 15
Michael Hutchence 4 hr The 80s rule 18
long branch contest is rigged!!!! 4 hr dude 31
Great Lakes 4 hr Rember Honesty 4
duck lover smells like poots 5 hr Uncle Dirty Balls 8
Beheading in Moore, OK 8 hr Grigori 10
El Dorado News Times- Police Log Report 14 hr EldoMasterBlaster 4
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match