|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not slamming you but, I think that by you're being pretty much self-employed you might not have a insiders knowledge into the work ethic of most blue collar workers.
My experience, covering over forty years in the workplace, most work hard and then play hard when off and take pride in providing a decent living for their families. Sure there's always going to be slackers, they exist in every profession, in every trade.
Seldom are slackers well thought of, seldom do they gain the confidence of of the hard working majority....that's why so many of them worm their way into lower management, they are the stooges that offset their laziness by becoming sycophants.
Redd, I was simply saying that everyone has lazy tendencies that must consciously be suppressed by a decision to work hard. That includes you, me, and everyone else who has ever lived. Of course those that seem to work all the time and are willing to help anytime someone has a project to do are the ones that are labled work-a-holics and go-getters. The lazy tendency is still in them but they have simply made a decision not to let it take hold. Much like a runner gets addicted to running but it takes a tremendous amount of hard work and discipline to get to that point. It's in all of us if we just decide that we want to be runners and are willing to make time and keep pushing forward through the pain. Please understand that I was not calling anyone lazy but rather speaking towards tendencies and what it takes to replace tendencies instead of letting them take root.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Redd, I was simply saying that everyone has lazy tendencies that must consciously be suppressed by a decision to work hard. That includes you, me, and everyone else who has ever lived. Of course those that seem to work all the time and are willing to help anytime someone has a project to do are the ones that are labled work-a-holics and go-getters. The lazy tendency is still in them but they have simply made a decision not to let it take hold. Much like a runner gets addicted to running but it takes a tremendous amount of hard work and discipline to get to that point. It's in all of us if we just decide that we want to be runners and are willing to make time and keep pushing forward through the pain. Please understand that I was not calling anyone lazy but rather speaking towards tendencies and what it takes to replace tendencies instead of letting them take root.
Nice post..and true.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did I call lazy? I didn't say there was no such thing as laziness. I said I didn't call anyone lazy, and I didn't. If I were to say "that Barney guy is lazy", that would qualify as calling someone lazy. You are plenty adept enough at the English language to know the difference but that liberal ideology keeps getting in the way. That is a fault you would do well to get rid of. I must warn you that it will mean droping It causes you put words in someones mouth or expanding the meaning of their comments to mean something not intended in order to demonize someone.your liberal ideology. You are so infected with liberalism that I'm not sure you could survive the cleansing.
I ask you,

QUOTE-ARE YOU SURE?

Are you adept enough at the English language to know the difference between a question and a statement?

I think you are.
I also think you are making yourself out to be a hypocrite as well.

I ask a question and you tell me not to do what you just did.

"It causes you put words in some ones mouth or expanding the meaning of their comments to mean something not intended in order to demonize someone".

Damn right I am a liberal, and proud of it. Regardless of your attempts to demonize the word

And those were not words I put in your mouth, I served up some Crowe and you decided to have you a big ole bite, and blamed that terrible liberal bully for making you eat it.

Poor little fellow

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"The lazy tendency is still in them but they have simply made a decision not to let it take hold"

Tell me something, was that your opinion based on scientific study, or just your opinion because it sounds correct to you?

I am not saying it is correct or incorrect, or that it can be proven, IM just curious what motivated the statement.
Feeling Lazy Today

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post..and true.
"We can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good"

So humor them!

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you,
QUOTE-ARE YOU SURE?
Are you adept enough at the English language to know the difference between a question and a statement?
I think you are.
"It causes you put words in some ones mouth or expanding the meaning of their comments to mean something not intended in order to demonize someone".
Damn right I am a liberal, and proud of it. Regardless of your attempts to demonize the word
And those were not words I put in your mouth, I served up some Crowe and you decided to have you a big ole bite, and blamed that terrible liberal bully for making you eat it.
Poor little fellow
You just proved Reality Check's point. We know you are proud of your lies, misinformation and twisting of words. You shout it from the mountain tops everyday.
This brilliant quote from the cinema masterpiece, Billy Madison, is an accurate response to 100% of your posts:

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people making 100 grand+ a year are Republicans, excepting a good deal of farmers...you saying Republicans are taking advantage too?
Most definietly. The entire system is filled with people stealing the tax payers money on both sides. Washington is filled with greed on both sides.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you,
QUOTE-ARE YOU SURE?
I think you are.
Poor little fellow
No sir. Your "question" was to a post I posted on Wed. You were asking if I was sure about my post 20778 to which I answered with a few questions of my own. Once again, you have altered the conversation to fit your argument. Follow the posts between us and look at the conversation in the context in which it took place and quit adding elements that you and I know were never there.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"The lazy tendency is still in them but they have simply made a decision not to let it take hold"
Tell me something, was that your opinion based on scientific study, or just your opinion because it sounds correct to you?
I am not saying it is correct or incorrect, or that it can be proven, IM just curious what motivated the statement.
It's an opinion of years of observation and life experience. You do realize that the majority of results of scientific studies are directly in line with preformed opinions of those funding the study don't you? Those who fund studies mostly have a result they believe to be true. They set out to find "scientists" to perform the study to get each scientits hypothesis of the outcome. Rarely does the scientific grant go to those scientist's whos hypothesis is contradictory to what the person or group that is funding the study already believes. I'm not saying it's rigged but the scientist know who they are working for and who is paying the bills. Whether you admit it or not you realize what I'm saying is true.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved Reality Check's point. We know you are proud of your lies, misinformation and twisting of words. You shout it from the mountain tops everyday.
This brilliant quote from the cinema masterpiece, Billy Madison, is an accurate response to 100% of your posts:
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Funny thing, you keep accusing me of lying, but yet you can produce no source to prove it.

Can you make that same statement about your self truthfully?

Next thing we know you will be quoting such "cinema masterpiece's" as Happy Gilmore.
Law N Order

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved Reality Check's point. We know you are proud of your lies, misinformation and twisting of words. You shout it from the mountain tops everyday.
Actually Barney has said a lot of things much more idiotic, does it almost daily
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Most definitely. The entire system is filled with people stealing the tax payers money on both sides. Washington is filled with greed on both sides.
Reality, it's refreshing to see a reasonable mind representing another side of Republican thinking...and although I often disagree, I do agree there needs to be massive change in our Country..from both sides of the aisle. I'm afraid it's not going to happen though, at least not anytime soon.

Unfortunately when I started this thread I never imagined the true fundamental and often, almost violent differences between our political parties, I had thought that we, as Americans, were all in the same boat when it came to our mutual welfare, able to settle our opposing views in a heated but constructive manner. I no longer see it that way.

In retrospect I wish I had never embarked on this sad journey, never discovered Topix, it is making me less tolerant...more hateful...and I think it's time for me to exit, to leave this hate filled pile of shit and focus on the positive.

To Barney, keep up the good fight, Old Army, sorry if I was ass at times.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality, it's refreshing to see a reasonable mind representing another side of Republican thinking...and although I often disagree, I do agree there needs to be massive change in our Country..from both sides of the aisle. I'm afraid it's not going to happen though, at least not anytime soon.
Unfortunately when I started this thread I never imagined the true fundamental and often, almost violent differences between our political parties, I had thought that we, as Americans, were all in the same boat when it came to our mutual welfare, able to settle our opposing views in a heated but constructive manner. I no longer see it that way.
In retrospect I wish I had never embarked on this sad journey, never discovered Topix, it is making me less tolerant...more hateful...and I think it's time for me to exit, to leave this hate filled pile of shit and focus on the positive.
Its all good Redd.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Pass this on to your County Sheriffs, and have them pass it on to any other country Sheriffs they know from Liberal states that have the backbone to stand up for "No gun control laws or confiscations"

Did you know that no matter what gun control laws are passed by the federal government, they can only be enforced in your area if your county sheriff allows them to be.

Most people, including politicians fail to realize that the ultimate legal authorities in the land are the county sheriffs. This was established from the time of the Founding Fathers and upheld by the US Supreme Court in the 1997 case of Printz v. United States. Initially, the case was Mack v. United States, but by the time it reached the Supreme Court it was renamed.

The case involved new federal regulations involved with the Brady Bill and gun control. FBI agents went around to the various county sheriffs and demanded that they follow the new federal guidelines. Then Graham County (AZ) Sheriff Richard Mack and several others saw the Brady Bill as being unconstitutional and refused to impose the new federal guidelines. Part of their defense was that the county sheriff was the supreme law enforcement officer over their county and that the federal government could not supersede their legal authority.

In the court’s decision, Justice Antonin Scalia wrote:

“... The great innovation of this design was that ‘our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other’”–“a legal system unprecedented in form and design, establishing two orders of government, each with its own direct relationship, its own privity, its own set of mutual rights and obligations to the people who sustain it and are governed by it.”(P.920)

Justice Scalia then quoted the man considered to be the Father of the US Constitution, President James Madison, when he wrote in the decision:

“[T]he local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to them, within its own sphere.” The Federalist, No. 39 at 245.

Scalia then referred to Gregory, 501 US at 458 when he wrote:

“This separation of the two spheres is one of the Constitution’s structural protections of liberty:‘Just as the separation and independence of the coordinate branches of the Federal Government serve to prevent the accumulation of excessive power in any one branch, a healthy balance of power between the States and the Federal Government will reduce the risk of tyranny and abuse from either front.’...”

Referring once again to President Madison, Scalia wrote:

“In the compound republic of America, the power surrendered by the people is first divided between two distinct governments, and then the portion allotted to each subdivided among distinct and separate departments. Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.”(P. 922).

In other words, the county sheriff is the highest governmental authority in his county and he does not have to bow to the tyranny of the federal government if he deems such actions to be unconstitutional or unlawful. In essence, the county sheriff has more legal authority within his county than the governor or the state or even the president of the United States.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an opinion of years of observation and life experience. You do realize that the majority of results of scientific studies are directly in line with preformed opinions of those funding the study don't you? Those who fund studies mostly have a result they believe to be true. They set out to find "scientists" to perform the study to get each scientits hypothesis of the outcome. Rarely does the scientific grant go to those scientist's whos hypothesis is contradictory to what the person or group that is funding the study already believes. I'm not saying it's rigged but the scientist know who they are working for and who is paying the bills. Whether you admit it or not you realize what I'm saying is true.
Of course they are, you think someone is going to say, here is a handful of money go figure something out?

Not that had a thing to do with my post or why I ask.

Pardon me if I am wrong, it would appear you are trying to second guess me again with that speech on research funding.
Law N Order

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are, you think someone is going to say, here is a handful of money go figure something out?
Pardon me if I am wrong, it would appear you are trying to second guess me again with that speech on research funding.
You are pardoned
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you realize that, do you really think that even half of the results are legit? Do you think the scientist don't want any more money for further studies? Do you think that doesn't factor into the final results given to the money donor who already has a preformed opinion and selected a group of scientists that said they believed the results would indeed line up with his/her preformed opinion? Not getting the results the money donor wanted would be the same as an employee failing at their job. They might not get to keep their job if the employer found out exactly how the employee failed so some employees decide to try to lie for the sake of keeping their job. Scientist are no different. I know liberals and the science community are close so this probably seems absurd to you.
Guess who

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you realize that, do you really think that even half of the results are legit? Do you think the scientist don't want any more money for further studies? Do you think that doesn't factor into the final results given to the money donor who already has a preformed opinion and selected a group of scientists that said they believed the results would indeed line up with his/her preformed opinion? Not getting the results the money donor wanted would be the same as an employee failing at their job. They might not get to keep their job if the employer found out exactly how the employee failed so some employees decide to try to lie for the sake of keeping their job. Scientist are no different. I know liberals and the science community are close so this probably seems absurd to you.
Many local goverment,s have employed a full time grant writer in order to obtain more so called free goverment money. Liberal commie socialist parasite people have morphed this whole country from a once productive Republic to a parasitic deep in debt Demopendacy.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and I wish you well. All I wish for this nation is a government that will protect us from outside invasion, tax responsibly, spend responsibly, and keep us a truly free people. We don't have that in today's America. I believe that all men and women should be free to make their own decisions in life. I also believe that a person should have to live with the consequences of their decisions (good or bad). I believe that Americans should be willing to help their fellow citizens who have had unforseen circumstances fall on them. I also believe that Americans should help their fellow citizens that have made poor choices in life and have exhausted all means of helping themselves before any help is given. That help SHOULD NOT BE FINANCIAL. We as Americans should deny help to those unwilling to help themselves. I believe America should deny help to any other nation that is Anti-American or any country whos citizens are not willing to put their lives on the line and fight for their own freedoms. I believe our soldiers should be seen as heros and should be given everything they need emotionally and financially from the people (not the government) for their sacrifice and service to this great nation. We owe that to them. I believe that our elected officials should be as it was in our founding where people are nominated by their fellow citizens. They are nominated because citizens see something in the candidate that they want to follow and not because the candidate seeks the position and is able to promote themselves. Candidates that are nominated accept out of duty for their country, not because of greed for wealth and power as we see now. I just want an America that is truly free and not shackled by politicians who are able to distort the truth so that they prosper and gain power that can and is used to opress those who elected them. I am a very optimistic person but I don't see this America ever coming to fruition. It's a pipe dream.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Wait? I thought the President said the War on Terror was over? BARNEYII said the President's policy in Afghanistan was about "accomplishing a mission."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/19...

"Al-Qaida-linked militants claimed Friday that they were holding two American hostages and would exchange them for two people being held in the United States — the blind sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, convicted in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and Aafie Siddiqque a 40-year-old Pakistani neuroscientist and mother of three, who was convicted of attacking U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan."

The left-wing faux news sites pulled a BARNEYII and ironically left this quote from Sec. of State Hillary Clinton in their "coverage" of the story.

"The perpetrators are the terrorists. They are the ones who have assaulted this facility, have taken hostage Algerians and others from around the world as they were going about their daily business," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/19/clint...

You see, Barn, you always demand proof of your lies and misinformation and, like I said, the proof is in the reality that you deny and it's screeming in your posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Financial Bank - Online Banking (Jan '12) 1 hr frizzkat 23
Who is the gorgeous black girl in the drive-thr... 3 hr Connor 3
hookers 6 hr Duck lover 26
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 6 hr Duck lover 71
Jay Norris 8 hr dughie 2
Drug Dens 10 hr JusMe 75
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 15 hr I like Birds 9,827

Search the El Dorado Forum:
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info