• No
  • Other (explain below)
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20818 Jan 17, 2013
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
False assumption.
Could be, but since only 5% of Americans make more the $100,000 a year in individual income, it stands to reason a good deal of them support Republicans....maybe even more than half.

Whatcha think?
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20819 Jan 17, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text> Your name fits you, you don't know nothing.Since your brain seems to be on a permanent vacation. I thought i would explain to you something since you only want to listen to obama and believe everything that comes out of his mouth like it's the gospel truth. Since you know nothing about economics i'll explain it terms your kindergarden mind can handle. The debt ceiling is about how much money you can borrow has absolutely nothing to do with paying the bills. The government brings in 5 trillion tax revenues a year. How high do you want the debt 18, 19, or 20 trillion +. One other thing FYI obama said congress have to pay the bills that congress racked up like he had nothing to do with it, Where do think congress got their spending ideas. They are doing obama spending plans like obamacare. And since your brain is still on vacation how's that smaller paycheck working for you, Guess what obama is hallowing he did get enough taxes, so when it gets smaller be sure to thank your best friend obama remember he claims he's looking out for you(really just himself not you). Oh i forgot your letting obama think for you since you don't know nothing.
believe me good sir i know alot more about this country and economics than you will ever begin to understand. what the president said is TRUE.. what your little fox programming and right wing media has said repeatedly is FALSE.. period... the debt ceiling has EVERYTHING with paying the bills genius .. and allows for borrowing of more money IF necessary the following year to pay for bills for the comming year. according to the CBO reports in 2011 we took in around 2T, 2012 around 2.5t, and 2013 is projected at around 2.9 or 3T, so where you get your magical number of 5t is beyond me. and yes i am perfectly fine with borrowing.. we raised the debt ceiling around 5 times when bush was in office with NO problems from republicans wanting to send our children to die overseas and spend money like it was going out of style on bush's yacht cruises with sadi prince's so don't come at me with this whole we cannot raise the debt ceiling because we cannot borrow BS..if we DO NOT pay our bills and raise the debt ceiling for spending projections the following year then republicans in the house will single handily put the economy back into a recession and hopefully will be tried for treason for it... lol GENIUS spending and revenue bills originate in the house and if cannot come to comprise are passed to the senate voted on and revised in the house and all the president does is sign the damn bills... there are hundreds of bills passed every year .. except last year where we had one of the most unproductive congresses since the 1930's thanks to republicans..if you think for one second that the president dictates every single thing that comes through congress then you are poorly misguided and ignorant to boot... and by the way obamacare pays for itself and even republican governors and senators now support the bill in their states and say it has and will do good for them.. and michelle bachman is the only congressional legislature that has proposed a repeal on obamacare this year and has yet to have 1 co-sponsor...lol and what smaller paycheck? mines still the same idiot and so is yours .. do you make over 400k a year? i think not why don't you actually look at what taxes your paying before you start with you fear mongoring BS..and your poorly missguided use of the word hallowing and a poor interpretation of my double negative meaning which means to actually know something, truely signals just how ignorant and missguided you, your family, fox news, and your friends really are. I do and always will know more about economics and this country than you will ever begin to understand, so before you decide to respond with thoughtless comments make sure you have the facts and not lies from fox news supporting your theories.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20820 Jan 17, 2013
Barneyisaheadstartbaby wrote:
Head Start is an $8 billion per year federal preschool program, designed to improve the kindergarten readiness of low-income children. Since its inception in 1965, taxpayers have spent more than $180 billion on the program.
Head Start doesn’t need more money. It needs to be put on the chopping block.
Let's see, a F-22 fighter costs approximately 412 million each.
Children represent 24 percent of the population. Yet, they comprise 34 percent of all people in poverty. Among all children under 18, 44 percent live in low-income families and approximately one in every five (21 percent) live in poor families.
The Air Force says the F-22 cost $44,259 per flying hour in 2008; the Office of the Secretary of Defense said the figure was $49,808.
Say we average paying a little over four billion a year on Heads-Start in 48 years, so you say we should abolish Head-start and instead buy another 10 F-22's, not counting, fuel, maintenance, and training a year.

Something needs to be put on the chopping block for sure.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20821 Jan 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not both assets. Unemployment should be seen as a last resort and not a driver of the economy. Unemployment is a temporary debit to the Treasury that would not have to be used near as much as it is if today's democratic party would stop enacting freedom and prosperity killing policies.
do you even know how people recieve unemployment benifets? i think you do not. you keep saying that unemployment is something democrats use for their own political advantage and is used as a driver of the economy. that is your ignorant thought and not a fact so quit presenting it as one. unemployment is given to those who lose work through no fault of their own automatically.... any loss of job through voluntary or involuntary (firing), is STRICTLY up to the EMPLOYER to sign off to pay those benifits, since they have to help pay for that ex-employees benifits. if they deem the ex-employee is unfit for benifits then guess what, they do not get those unemployment benifits so quit saying they do. and your whole conspiracy of freedom stripping and prosperity killing policies held only in democrat blood is ignorant and i would like to see one policy passed by congress that hold only democratic votes that have added the so called billions and trillions to our debt that you so proudly shout. you are still poorly missguided and ignorant as you have been in every single one of your prior posts. you still think that obama is gonna raise taxes on you so much that your mom and pop retail store will crumble this year when in fact it is gonna happen due to your ignorant way of thinking. "downtown dan" could run your business better than you and he's homeless. at least he accepts responsibility for his faults and doesn't try to make up some radical conspiracy that somehow the government got him into his situation. quit being mad that you cannot squeeze the last dime out of the 2 employees you have and give them a raise to help boost the economy and do without that family vacation to florida this year. it is ignorant people like you that have precieved the government as this horrible welfare machine that is going to run the economy in the ground take our guns and turn into a dicatorship, and it is that same kind of thoughtless rehtoric that got us into the greatest recession since the great depression. grow up and learn something about our country and government and you might see that things aren't exactly as your right wing media and family say it is; because until you do so the only people that are not going to look at you like your a crazy timothy mcveigh are the very family and friends that believe all the stupid BS you do. every other person with any type of common sense or information on how the government truely works will surely tell you that you are a low life mindless scum that helped create the problems of today instead of looking for ways to solve them.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20822 Jan 17, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Children represent 24 percent of the population. Yet, they comprise 34 percent of all people in poverty. Among all children under 18, 44 percent live in low-income families and approximately one in every five (21 percent) live in poor families.
The Air Force says the F-22 cost $44,259 per flying hour in 2008; the Office of the Secretary of Defense said the figure was $49,808.
Say we average paying a little over four billion a year on Heads-Start in 48 years, so you say we should abolish Head-start and instead buy another 10 F-22's, not counting, fuel, maintenance, and training a year.
i like the way you think good sir.. but head start does need to be revised to be more productive rather than becomming a government paid daycare.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20823 Jan 17, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i like the way you think good sir.. but head start does need to be revised to be more productive rather than becomming a government paid daycare.
All true, but name me a government program that doesn't need revision.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#20824 Jan 17, 2013
Barneyisaheadstartbaby wrote:
Head Start is an $8 billion per year federal preschool program, designed to improve the kindergarten readiness of low-income children. Since its inception in 1965, taxpayers have spent more than $180 billion on the program.
If you or any one else care to read the report for your self here is the link.

http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitst...

CAUTION FOX NEWS FAITHFUL:

Facts contained this report does not lend credence to the Fox News opinion.

dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20825 Jan 17, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of what a doctor "thinks" someone has a right to own. It absolutely IS their right to own a gun.
With all this talk about criminals and psychos not being able to own guns, I ask you this: IF someone is a psycho, or a criminal, why are they walking the streets and posing a threat to begin with? But........ We can't change what is.
The fact is, they ARE walking the streets. Who determines someone to be one or to what level, and if they are a danger, could be debated. I've seen democrats call republicans psychos and vice versa.
If a criminal, or a psycho, is walking down the street, or even in his home, and he is attacked by some thug, does that individual have a right to defend himself like any other citizen would? Why not? Are they less human than the rest of the population?
Should not we ALL bear arms? Because as long as we ALL are in society, there is the risk of anyone being a victim, whether we are a criminal, ex-criminal, never been a criminal, or a psycho in another humans mind- who may or may not be wrong in their diagnosis.
The fact still remains, if someone wants a gun bad enough, they will get it regardless of what any background check shows.
psychos and criminals are walking the streets because there is no law against being a psycho or criminal genius..mental health checks and other funding and considerations are being takin into account for better ways to determin if someone is mentally unstable and ways to help them get treatment, and criminals have already served their time and are not subject to search just for being a criminal unless commiting or involved in suspicious or malicious behavior, any other type of search would be profiling and harrasment by law enforcement. and your answer for your STRONG defending of the mentally unstable and ex-cons or criminals to own guns is hell NO they don't deserve the right to own a gun, and YES they are considered different poeple to the american populous. charles manson does not deserve the right to own a gun and he is BOTH a psycho and a criminal. My brother does NOT deserve the right to own a gun and he is a criminal. There are certain laws that have been inacted and repeat offenders against those laws when they know better deserve to lose their rights, or first time offenders of a major offense such as murderers,we do not promote the growth of ignorance in this country even though you are a prime example of such. Your strong argument of we don't need the laws on guns because they will not work, is not working. If that was the case then why should we have laws against murdering someone? why should we have laws against speeding or stealing? why should we have laws against rape or child mollestation? all of those things happen everyday, we haven't stopped all of those things so what good are the laws? that is the same argument you have been making against gun violence and is a bad argument to come out with. if they pass legislation like they are talking about for everyone to have guns registered and private sells to incorporate background checks and registration, that clip sizes be reduced to 7 rounds and assault weapons ban that was enacted in the 90s re-enacted, and a broader definition of the word assault rifle and mental illness, along with better and more intensive mental health checks, may NOT stop ALL the problem but it WILL HELP. all laws have to start somewhere."A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." that is your 2nd amendment and you have the right to bear arms as they seen fit back then which was guns, no rocket launchers or assault rifels that can fire off 50-100 rounds a minute, and the first statement is "A well regulated Militia". Regulation is what we are trying to do and will accomplish so quit crying about it and get over it.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20826 Jan 17, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
All true, but name me a government program that doesn't need revision.
i concur all government entitlements need to looked at and revised to be more efficient and cost effective.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#20827 Jan 17, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be, but since only 5% of Americans make more the $100,000 a year in individual income, it stands to reason a good deal of them support Republicans....maybe even more than half.
Whatcha think?
Your guess is as good as mine and that's all it is, a SWAG, Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

#20828 Jan 17, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
If this country and the "children" aren't protected from the evil that lurks in the world, their financial status will be irrelevent. What's ironic is poor children often are happier than those kids who have everything.

As far as Head Start, PARENTS need to be raising and nurturing their "babies," not pushing them into cognitive competition with the Chinese or anyone else. Let them be kids, for Heaven's sake!

My guess is most people here on Topix never wet to Head Start or any of those other kiddie programs and we turned out okay.

SE Michigan

#20829 Jan 17, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i like the way you think good sir.. but head start does need to be revised to be more productive rather than becomming a government paid daycare.
How about loving, teaching and nurturing your own babies, toddlers and small children as the revision that needs to happen?

Oh, sorry, I forgot, get them at a young age and they are easier to brainwash and indoctrinate.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20831 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
As far as Head Start, PARENTS need to be raising and nurturing their "babies," not pushing them into cognitive competition with the Chinese or anyone else. Let them be kids, for Heaven's sake!
My guess is most people here on Topix never wet to Head Start or any of those other kiddie programs and we turned out okay.
Trouble is, many of today's parents, on all economic and social levels, aren't as responsible or as vigilant as parents used to be...that along with the total insanity they are bombarded with each day from television, the movies, and the internet make this a different world for today's children. Sure you can isolate, to a certain degree, their exposure by separating them from the realities of this world by home schooling or sending them to church sponsored schools but that in itself tends to make them somewhat unprepared for the much more open and seemingly complicated society they will eventually face.

I think it's evident that we are falling behind other countries in education...and while raising and nurturing has it's place, so does a good educational discipline, exposure to social grace, and old fashioned buckling down and learning at it's highest level within a proven system.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20832 Jan 17, 2013
guess wrote:
Hey Don't know nothing since you seem to want to act like an expert to everyone and get on to everybody, I have a question for you do you have your head up obama's butt or you his little puppy dog that's following him around. For starters i'm not talking about democrats or republicans this is about a president who has radical ideas and FYI it was his radical spending plan agendas he is having congress to pass and yes he is at fault. Now democrats are wanting to give obama no debt limit and do away the debt ceiling. Giving obama a blank check is a receipe for disaster. Apparently you didn't pay attention yesterday to his announcement he wants to spend another 500 million for gun control, money this nation does not have we are broke period. All obama wants to do is spend money that ain't his. And yesterday he trampled all over the constitution and this is a start to getting the guns. And by the way he overstepped his way in one of executive orders in telling the doctors they have to ask their patients if that own a gun then report them if they do. It's in there you need to read it for yourself. I think all of us on here can agree on some things. I say we ask you since you seem to be all for obama i got some things you can do. For starters since you seem to be ok with all his spending, why don't we just let him know that he can send you the bill for the national debt 16.4 trillion we are sure you love to pay the bill. Since it seems that you are against guns why don't you ahead and hand yours in. I'm sure a baseball will be ok for you, especially if a criminal breaks in on you and he's got a gun, I'm sure you can handle him. One other thing why don't you hang a sign on your house and tell all the criminals that your house is a gun free zone, I'm pretty sure they would love that. You have proved to me and all others you really don't know nothing. It's time to do some reading and learn something.
That bill to Obama should only be 6.4 trillion, 10 trillion of that figure already existed when he took office.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20833 Jan 17, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>

That bill to Obama should only be 6.4 trillion, 10 trillion of that figure already existed when he took office.
How much lost revenue has the Bush tax cuts cost American taxpayers?

3.4 trillion as of 2013

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/...

How much have taxpayers in the United States spent to finance both the War in Iraq and the War in Afghanistan since 2001?

1.4 trillion as of right now.

http://costofwar.com/

Washington DC

#20834 Jan 17, 2013
guess wrote:
Hey Don't know nothing since you seem to want to act like an expert to everyone and get on to everybody, I have a question for you do you have your head up obama's butt or you his little puppy dog that's following him around. For starters i'm not talking about democrats or republicans this is about a president who has radical ideas and FYI it was his radical spending plan agendas he is having congress to pass and yes he is at fault. Now democrats are wanting to give obama no debt limit and do away the debt ceiling. Giving obama a blank check is a receipe for disaster. Apparently you didn't pay attention yesterday to his announcement he wants to spend another 500 million for gun control, money this nation does not have we are broke period. All obama wants to do is spend money that ain't his. And yesterday he trampled all over the constitution and this is a start to getting the guns. And by the way he overstepped his way in one of executive orders in telling the doctors they have to ask their patients if that own a gun then report them if they do. It's in there you need to read it for yourself. I think all of us on here can agree on some things. I say we ask you since you seem to be all for obama i got some things you can do. For starters since you seem to be ok with all his spending, why don't we just let him know that he can send you the bill for the national debt 16.4 trillion we are sure you love to pay the bill. Since it seems that you are against guns why don't you ahead and hand yours in. I'm sure a baseball will be ok for you, especially if a criminal breaks in on you and he's got a gun, I'm sure you can handle him. One other thing why don't you hang a sign on your house and tell all the criminals that your house is a gun free zone, I'm pretty sure they would love that. You have proved to me and all others you really don't know nothing. It's time to do some reading and learn something.
"And by the way he overstepped his way in one of executive orders in telling the doctors they have to ask their patients if that own a gun then report them if they do"

You are wrong about this as well.

What the order said was;

"clarify" that the federal health care overhaul "does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about gun in their homes."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/17/do...

You are still covered by the first amendment- you have the right to say TO THAT Dr., ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

I Have to agree with you, "do some reading and learn something" !
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20841 Jan 17, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the parents of those poor children should be put on the chopping block. Dumb people just have dumber kids. You democrats come from generations of welfare takers. Never ever really get off of the government tit, never!
I hope you haven't had any kids, if you did the, little MFers are probably getting their "education" as we type in some New Mexico prison.

SE Michigan

#20842 Jan 17, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>psychos and criminals are walking the streets because there is no law against being a psycho or criminal genius..mental health checks and other funding and considerations are being takin into account for better ways to determin if someone is mentally unstable and ways to help them get treatment, and criminals have already served their time and are not subject to search just for being a criminal unless commiting or involved in suspicious or malicious behavior, any other type of search would be profiling and harrasment by law enforcement. and your answer for your STRONG defending of the mentally unstable and ex-cons or criminals to own guns is hell NO they don't deserve the right to own a gun, and YES they are considered different poeple to the american populous. charles manson does not deserve the right to own a gun and he is BOTH a psycho and a criminal. My brother does NOT deserve the right to own a gun and he is a criminal. There are certain laws that have been inacted and repeat offenders against those laws when they know better deserve to lose their rights, or first time offenders of a major offense such as murderers,we do not promote the growth of ignorance in this country even though you are a prime example of such. Your strong argument of we don't need the laws on guns because they will not work, is not working. If that was the case then why should we have laws against murdering someone? why should we have laws against speeding or stealing? why should we have laws against rape or child mollestation? all of those things happen everyday, we haven't stopped all of those things so what good are the laws? that is the same argument you have been making against gun violence and is a bad argument to come out with. if they pass legislation like they are talking about for everyone to have guns registered and private sells to incorporate background checks and registration, that clip sizes be reduced to 7 rounds and assault weapons ban that was enacted in the 90s re-enacted, and a broader definition of the word assault rifle and mental illness, along with better and more intensive mental health checks, may NOT stop ALL the problem but it WILL HELP. all laws have to start somewhere."A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." that is your 2nd amendment and you have the right to bear arms as they seen fit back then which was guns, no rocket launchers or assault rifels that can fire off 50-100 rounds a minute, and the first statement is "A well regulated Militia". Regulation is what we are trying to do and will accomplish so quit crying about it and get over it.
"and your answer for your STRONG defending of the mentally unstable and ex-cons or criminals to own guns is hell NO they don't deserve the right to own a gun, and YES they are considered different poeple to the american populous."
The American populous needs to read the CONSTITUTION! It says "Shall NOT be infringed."

I did not "defend" the mentally unstable. I said who is a danger to society could be debated. Who is one human to determine another should have their right to self-defense removed?

Give Charles Manson a gun. I don't care. When he breaks into someones house, they shoot him. That's how this self-defense thing works.

Yeah, limit all clips to 7 rounds and see how well that works. Let's hope that all home invasions are only done by one person and that the homeowner is a damn good shot. The lady that shot the intruder in her home shot him 5 times and he was still moving. What if there were two men?

Limiting the number of rounds means people will want, need and ultimately have more guns. Seven rounds just doesn't cut it when you don't know what the scenerio will be or how many people you could be dealing with.

SE Michigan

#20843 Jan 17, 2013
guess wrote:
You just gave me a great idea. Why don't all the gun owners put a sign on their house that says This is a gun-free zone!!?? Before long, there would be no criminals left!! LOL
Drugstore Cowboy

Little Rock, AR

#20844 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
"and your answer for your STRONG defending of the mentally unstable and ex-cons or criminals to own guns is hell NO they don't deserve the right to own a gun, and YES they are considered different poeple to the american populous."
The American populous needs to read the CONSTITUTION! It says "Shall NOT be infringed."
I did not "defend" the mentally unstable. I said who is a danger to society could be debated. Who is one human to determine another should have their right to self-defense removed?
Give Charles Manson a gun. I don't care. When he breaks into someones house, they shoot him. That's how this self-defense thing works.
Yeah, limit all clips to 7 rounds and see how well that works. Let's hope that all home invasions are only done by one person and that the homeowner is a damn good shot. The lady that shot the intruder in her home shot him 5 times and he was still moving. What if there were two men?
Limiting the number of rounds means people will want, need and ultimately have more guns. Seven rounds just doesn't cut it when you don't know what the scenerio will be or how many people you could be dealing with.
My 9 MM holds 15, my shot gun holds 5, my wife's 22 holds 9, my speed-loader holds 18..not disputing your logic, but anybody surviving 5 rounds of no.4 steel shot is a pretty tough customer. Besides, I not too hip on killing my neighbors by spraying 30 rounds of .223 around the hood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) 10 min guest 410
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 10 min guest 221
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 11 min guest 214
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 11 min guest 264
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 11 min guest 237
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 12 min guest 3,840
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 12 min guest 836
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••