created by: Rick | Jun 8, 2010

Arkansas

5,867 votes

Did you vote today?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
19,321 - 19,340 of 29,630 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20552
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats. If every Amreican were that responsible, we wouldn't be in the fianancial shape we are in. For that matter we wouldn't vote in politicians that didn't live the fiscally responsible lives we citizens live.
If every American were responsible, liberalism would be extinct.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20553
Jan 10, 2013
 
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
To have never gone there in the first place.
We are reaping what the British and French created after the First World War..and we stumbled into like blind men.
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>If we just had to get Sadam Hussein or whoever then we should have sent special ops for infiltration and assassination missions.
Then he would have just been replaced by another madman within the Bath Party.
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of being spread out all over the world we could have simply concentrated 95% of our efforts on protecting ourselves much in the same way we have since 911.
Just how would we "protect" ourselves without becoming involved in the Middle East? When we supported the Afghan freedom fighters and the Taliban against the Russians, we opened this can of worms.

When after the Russians left, we dropped the ball on Afghan recovery, we removed the top of the can of worms.

When we refused to aid the Muslim communities during the 1990's Serbo-Croatian ethnic cleansing campaign in the Balkans, we dumped those worms on our doorstep.
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason I say this is because the Middle East is unlike any other region in the world. Their (terrorist) disreguard for the lives of their fellow citizens makes a war, where civilian casualties are not acceptable, completely impossible. I am suprised that we haven't lost more soldiers than we have fighting that kind of war for the past 11 years in that region.
I know, I've been there...and I think we have not lost as many soldiers over there due to the vast majority of everyday Muslim's support despite our best efforts to reverse what goodwill we have garnered.
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>If the Middle East countries fought army vs. army I would have said we should have unleashed the arsenal on them because we would not have been over there for more than a month.
Then they would have been over here spreading terror forever.
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the way it is and we are worried about what a highly politically correct world will think of us.
And a ever growing Nuclear World..with profiteers supplying an ever growing number of Middle Eastern Jihadist weapons of mass destruction.

It's all a can of worms...no matter how you look at it.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20554
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

2

guest wrote:
<quoted text>If every American were responsible, liberalism would be extinct.
Then WE wouldn't be WE at all, WE would still be English.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20555
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

In the words of that great American diplomat, Jerry Lee Lewis: Angland can KissMyAss. (Topix sure is selective about what it censors.)
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20556
Jan 10, 2013
 
Old Army wrote:
In the words of that great American diplomat, Jerry Lee Lewis: Angland can KissMyAss.(Topix sure is selective about what it censors.)
True that.
guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20557
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WE wouldn't be WE at all, WE would still be English.
If personal responsibility is keeping you from being English, then you have more problems then you realize and the least of them is liberalism.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20558
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

guest wrote:
<quoted text>"If every American were responsible, liberalism would be extinct".
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Then WE wouldn't be WE at all, WE would still be English.
Dont ye think them all on the Mayflour woulda been thought of as EXTREME liberals?
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20559
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

EdithMae wrote:
guest wrote:
<quoted text>"If every American were responsible, liberalism would be extinct".
<quoted text>
Dont ye think them all on the Mayflour woulda been thought of as EXTREME liberals?
Don't know about that, but they sure were extreme to those women that they accused of witchcraft.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20560
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Just a side note the USA hasn't "Won" a was since WWII.
Now hold on here for a dog gone minute, how bout Operation Urgent Fury,

Saint Ronnie went down to that Caribbean island nation of Grenada, with a population of about 91,000 an had a U.S. victory within a matter of weeks.


Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20561
Jan 10, 2013
 
guest wrote:
<quoted text>If personal responsibility is keeping you from being English, then you have more problems then you realize and the least of them is liberalism.
That, amongst all the mindless drivel you have posted on this board, is the most incoherent and telling lack of commonsense understanding I have witnessed.
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20562
Jan 10, 2013
 
Old Army wrote:
Its a great day to be an American, just paid off the balance on our joint credit card that my wife and I used to buy Christmas presents for each other, our kids and our grandkids.
Thats very good. Hurrah for you. There is a guy that hosts a radio show Dave Ramsey that give,s advice about getting out of debt. Myself Im debt free. Ive never owned a credit card. I do have a debit card but rarely use it. I usually pay cash for everything. If I where to need to write a check for a large amount. I would have to deposit the cash to cover it. The bank isnt paying me anything to use my money so I simply dont keep much money in the checking account.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20563
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Thats very good. Hurrah for you. There is a guy that hosts a radio show Dave Ramsey that give,s advice about getting out of debt. Myself Im debt free. Ive never owned a credit card. I do have a debit card but rarely use it. I usually pay cash for everything. If I where to need to write a check for a large amount. I would have to deposit the cash to cover it. The bank isnt paying me anything to use my money so I simply dont keep much money in the checking account.
Not too long ago my wife and I stopped at the liquor store in Augusta. I didn't notice but she saw a couple go in and the man had an envelope (I suppose with cash) that said "Porters" (the liquor store). Guess they were using Ramsey's system.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20564
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

guest wrote:
<quoted text>If every American were responsible, liberalism would be extinct.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie deliberate, contrived and dishonest but the myth persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.

John F. Kenndey
Commcement address, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut (11 June 1962)

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20566
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
That, amongst all the mindless drivel you have posted on this board, is the most incoherent and telling lack of commonsense understanding I have witnessed.
He has amazed me for months, just when you think you have seen the utmost in preposterous replies, they raise the bar.


Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20567
Jan 10, 2013
 
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too long ago my wife and I stopped at the liquor store in Augusta. I didn't notice but she saw a couple go in and the man had an envelope (I suppose with cash) that said "Porters" (the liquor store). Guess they were using Ramsey's system.
Nope, just the new voucher system passed by the liquor industry and their vassals.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Just kidding
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20568
Jan 10, 2013
 
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
He has amazed me for months, just when you think you have seen the utmost in preposterous replies, they raise the bar.
..MORE LIKE YEARS.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20569
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

EdithMae wrote:
guest wrote:
<quoted text>"If every American were responsible, liberalism would be extinct".
<quoted text>
Dont ye think them all on the Mayflour woulda been thought of as EXTREME liberals?
If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.

JFK

Maybe they saw themselves as Liberals

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20570
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
..MORE LIKE YEARS.
It does seem like years.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20571
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.
JFK
Maybe they saw themselves as Liberals
It amazes me that despite the freedom of liberal thought the Renaissance and the Reformation brought us, a freedom freeing us of the Catholic Church's hierarchical dominance in every aspect of man's life, that led to the founding of this Country and the longing and birth of Democracy all across the globe, that we still refuse to fully understand it's truly unique place in world history.

Anyone that threatens the fragile existence of this form of government we were given, even in a small way, is a enemy of the rights of man given us by a few courageous men and women in 1776.

To deny this Country, given it's many faults, is treason.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20572
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that despite the freedom of liberal thought the Renaissance and the Reformation brought us, a freedom freeing us of the Catholic Church's hierarchical dominance in every aspect of man's life, that led to the founding of this Country and the longing and birth of Democracy all across the globe, that we still refuse to fully understand it's truly unique place in world history.
Anyone that threatens the fragile existence of this form of government we were given, even in a small way, is a enemy of the rights of man given us by a few courageous men and women in 1776.
To deny this Country, given it's many faults, is treason.
That's a serious charge to make against your President.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela Morgan and her boyfriend Thomas leave Ma... 3 hr MaryJohn Gregory 7
? Susan Cary ? 7 hr factsstraight 7
Orrell's Garage (Sep '12) 8 hr ShadyTree 72
Festival group tells Mayor to Back Off 8 hr Joel 19
hot shot cops 8 hr ho hum 5
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 9 hr Ancient DoDo 9,868
Brandy Alewine fantasy world ends 15 hr Smalltownnothingtodo 32
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••