Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first.
You choose an item, cut out your BS, and lets see if it is true or not.
Its just that simple!!!!!!!!!!
You first. What decides whether or not something is fact or partisan? Your preshaped opinion? Reports? News articles? Blogs? Are we allowed to use common sense or do we have to stay on a playing field that has been shaped by our "one for you two for me" politicians?
Reality Check

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did think it was worth it or he would not have sent in the extra troops.
We could have continued to pussy foot around and get our asses kicked like the Russians did, or we can act like we are there for a reason, and get it done, and not leave with our tails tucked between our legs.
So Bush sends us to war committing troops and he is the sole reason for the recession, while Obama has to commit more troops so we can be there for a reason and get the job done? Has the war been declared over or are we "tucking our tails" and leaving without a declared victory? Or if we use the term drawdown is it something else besides tucking our tails? Can we pin the added financial expense of committing more troops which we can't afford to Obama or are we still blaming Bush for Obama's decisions?
Guess Who

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
So Bush sends us to war committing troops and he is the sole reason for the recession, while Obama has to commit more troops so we can be there for a reason and get the job done? Has the war been declared over or are we "tucking our tails" and leaving without a declared victory? Or if we use the term drawdown is it something else besides tucking our tails? Can we pin the added financial expense of committing more troops which we can't afford to Obama or are we still blaming Bush for Obama's decisions?
back in the sixties the democrats Kennedy & Johnson gave me a paid vacation in southeast asia. All the beer I could drink and mary jane I wanted to smoke. and all I had to do was kill gooks. And It was all for nuthin. just the same as korea was, and afganastin will be. We tucked ourtails and left viet nam Why sould these current wars be any different.
what

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Dr Phill, however the people you perceive to be detached from reality,(as you know it), are actualy people with a higher IQ than yours.
While your working on your denial issues and literacy issues, you'll also want to work on your obvious inferiority issues.
Billy Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> back in the sixties the democrats Kennedy & Johnson gave me a paid vacation in southeast asia. All the beer I could drink and mary jane I wanted to smoke. and all I had to do was kill gooks. And It was all for nuthin. just the same as korea was, and afganastin will be. We tucked ourtails and left viet nam Why sould these current wars be any different.
Just a side note the USA hasn't "Won" a was since WWII.
Billy Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> back in the sixties the democrats Kennedy & Johnson gave me a paid vacation in southeast asia. All the beer I could drink and mary jane I wanted to smoke. and all I had to do was kill gooks. And It was all for nuthin. just the same as korea was, and afganastin will be. We tucked ourtails and left viet nam Why sould these current wars be any different.
Just a side note the USA hasn't "Won" a war since WWII.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he could have, maybe they would have compared that withdrawal to the way the Russians withdrew from Afghanistan.
Again its called completing the mission.
What is the MISSION? What does Russia have to do with it? It sounds like you liberals don't mind sacrificing the lifes of our children so we don't look like Russia? PATHETIC you should be ashamed.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Barney never picked up so much as a spatula to serve the fighting men and women of this country so much as a meal. He doesn't mind them being killed in foreign lands though so we don't exit like Russia! What a great American!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Just a side note the USA hasn't "Won" a was since WWII.
Define WIN after you define War?
Billy Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

The USA and its Allies were victorious at the end of WWII.... Haven't had that "win" since.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
April 2012
"A majority of Republicans say for the first time that the war in Afghanistan has not been worth fighting, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll that comes as the continuing U.S. presence in that country is emerging as a key point of contention in the presidential race.
The poll findings are likely to present a challenge for Republican front-runner Mitt Romney, who has said that the goal in Afghanistan should be to defeat the Taliban on the battlefield.
President Obama stepped back from that goal during his 2009 strategy review and has set the end of 2014 as the departure date for all U.S. combat forces."
Seem it only took Republicans 11 years and a failing Presidential election to come around to their senses..or did they really?
America should have taken notice of what happened to Russia before we went into the Middle East in the first place. There are two options as far as the Middle East goes. Nuke them and kill every living thing or save your money and stay out. You can't fight a "civilized" war trying to spare innocent civilians in the Middle East and expect to win.
Post Turtle

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...

Don't let it happen here
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text> It's working so well in those countries most of them are going bankrupt and that's what is going happen here. I'm not the idiot here you are. i'm for smaller government and everbody working and not on welfare. I'm also for freedom not the government telling what to do. FYI i was born here and hate seeing what our government(obama, democrats and republicans)are doing to this nation. I can tell you are one of those 60's pothead who some of the wackest ideas. I think the pot has ate up too much of your braincells. You probably don't even know that our(democrats and republicans both are guilty) government just passed a wastful cliff deal that's full of pork. That is why all our checks are smaller, we are paying for their wasteful spending. Why don't you start drinking coffee and get off the pot.
austarity is smaller government genius and yes it's bankrupting those countries overseas such as france and others that have implemented your hard core right wing agenda already... and you know what smaller government and everyone working and not on welfare is also something that i'm for as well but in todays society and the reality of the world is things cannot and will not work that way so get that ignorance out of your head.. and let me tell you something if everyone had the freedom to do what they wanted with no laws then that is anarchy and you sir are talking about treason against this country not ways to help it... and just for your FYI i do not care if you were born here ...you list all these bad things that so called democrats and obama are doing while neglecting to see that your party is the only paty acting on doing NOTHING to help this country but instead are going against EVERYTHING the president and top economist and researchers say to do... that pork was agreed on and all hands were out on both sides of the aisle .. yes i do agree with you on that but .. in order to get a deal you have to please radicals on both sides of the aisle.. i am not talking about the extreme radicals on both sides .. i'm talking about the extreme radicals on one side.. namely the republicans... the radicals on the left can be and have been reigned in and only account for about 10 in congress while there are over 80 crazed TEA party republicans that are damaging and dissrupting the very way our government has been run since we've had one...the speaker of the house cannot even get a vote on a bill that HE proposed because of these traitors.... but i must and will agree with you that 70 billion in new tax loopholes for stupid pork that was agreed by crazies on both sides of the aisle was a complete slap in the face.. but i will not agree that it is going to reduce the amount of your paycheck... check it this week ... is it any lower than the previous ones? no i think not ..learn how the system works before you feel so quick to jump to nonsense conclusions. i believe i did have my coffee this morning good sir; however, you should probably make a stronger batch if you plan to come at me with this weak sauce. lol
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What is the MISSION? What does Russia have to do with it? It sounds like you liberals don't mind sacrificing the lifes of our children so we don't look like Russia? PATHETIC you should be ashamed.
don't you dare put the loss of life overseas due to afgahnistan and iraq all on the backs of democrats when it was republicans who got us into an unnecessary war with iraq. when it was republicans who gave up on the search for osama bin laden, when that was who we were looking for to begin with. and the ONLY person who should be ashamed should be any damn republican who can't see that it was YOUR party who cost thousands of our childrens lives when obama has infact lessend the loss of life while killing bin laden and dismanteling the effectiveness of the taliban and ending wars ... your party only knows how to go to war ... and the only ones they like to wage are the ones that cost the most money and lives... war should be the last option and if romney had been elected we would be at war with iran right now.. so do not tell me i should be ashamed when it is your party that should be hanging their head in disgrace with treason.
trytobefair

Stuttgart, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text> don't you dare put the loss of life overseas due to afgahnistan and iraq all on the backs of democrats when it was republicans who got us into an unnecessary war with iraq. when it was republicans who gave up on the search for osama bin laden, when that was who we were looking for to begin with. and the ONLY person who should be ashamed should be any damn republican who can't see that it was YOUR party who cost thousands of our childrens lives when obama has infact lessend the loss of life while killing bin laden and dismanteling the effectiveness of the taliban and ending wars ... your party only knows how to go to war ... and the only ones they like to wage are the ones that cost the most money and lives... war should be the last option and if romney had been elected we would be at war with iran right now.. so do not tell me i should be ashamed when it is your party that should be hanging their head in disgrace with treason.
Wow, didn't know the search for Bin Laden had been "given up". Thank goodness Obama was the president, so he could resume the search that was given up. Nevermind, the many years of service that many in our intelligence departments put in, long before Obama was even a senator. Oh, and where were the Clintons and the rest of the democrats on the war issue right after 9/11, oh yeah, they were supporting the war effort until it became politically inconvenient, but nevermind that huh.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Just a side note the USA hasn't "Won" a war since WWII.
That's because winning evokes bad feelings for those who didn't win and we need to be mindful of those less fortunate. Tieing is the new winning that way nobody has to lose and have self esteem issues.
Guess Who

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>austarity is smaller government genius and yes it's bankrupting those countries overseas such as france and others that have implemented your hard core right wing agenda already... and you know what smaller government and everyone working and not on welfare is also something that i'm for as well but in todays society and the reality of the world is things cannot and will not work that way so get that ignorance out of your head.. and let me tell you something if everyone had the freedom to do what they wanted with no laws then that is anarchy and you sir are talking about treason against this country not ways to help it... and just for your FYI i do not care if you were born here ...you list all these bad things that so called democrats and obama are doing while neglecting to see that your party is the only paty acting on doing NOTHING to help this country but instead are going against EVERYTHING the president and top economist and researchers say to do... that pork was agreed on and all hands were out on both sides of the aisle .. yes i do agree with you on that but .. in order to get a deal you have to please radicals on both sides of the aisle.. i am not talking about the extreme radicals on both sides .. i'm talking about the extreme radicals on one side.. namely the republicans... the radicals on the left can be and have been reigned in and only account for about 10 in congress while there are over 80 crazed TEA party republicans that are damaging and dissrupting the very way our government has been run since we've had one...the speaker of the house cannot even get a vote on a bill that HE proposed because of these traitors.... but i must and will agree with you that 70 billion in new tax loopholes for stupid pork that was agreed by crazies on both sides of the aisle was a complete slap in the face.. but i will not agree that it is going to reduce the amount of your paycheck... check it this week ... is it any lower than the previous ones? no i think not ..learn how the system works before you feel so quick to jump to nonsense conclusions. i believe i did have my coffee this morning good sir; however, you should probably make a stronger batch if you plan to come at me with this weak sauce. lol
What has bankrupted those places is spending & borrowing. to many parasite takers & not enough producing makers.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i am not talking about the extreme radicals on both sides .. i'm talking about the extreme radicals on one side.. namely the republicans... the radicals on the left can be and have been reigned in and only account for about 10 in congress while there are over 80 crazed TEA party republicans that are damaging and dissrupting the very way our government has been run since we've had one...the speaker of the house cannot even get a vote on a bill that HE proposed because of these traitors....
Here lies your problem. You automatically assume that the right has only bad eggs in their basket while your beloved left has a very small insignificant amount of radicals. It doesn't compute because your party has 2/3 of the government locked down and there is no reason they shouldn't be able to get something done. That is of course unless they either don't want to do what's right (which I suspect is the case) or they are so inept that they don't know how to get anything done. It's their way or the highway. A fair deal to the democrats is 80% of what they want 5% of what the other party wants and 15% that they both agree on. Then they wonder why nobody wants to deal with them. I can't believe you can't see this. Obama literally doubled the amount of tax revenue he asked for when the republicans agreed to his initial terms on the fiscal cliff talks. Does that sound fair to you? Everything the democrats do is that way and it's a big reason we can't get anything done in America. The republicans aren't innocent in this either. They say what their constituents want to hear and then abandon the principles that got them elected in the first place as soon as they get into office.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You first. What decides whether or not something is fact or partisan? Your preshaped opinion? Reports? News articles? Blogs? Are we allowed to use common sense or do we have to stay on a playing field that has been shaped by our "one for you two for me" politicians?
Nope,

you two were the ones crying wolf,

put your money where your mouth is,

and prove him wrong.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope,
you two were the ones crying wolf,
put your money where your mouth is,
and prove him wrong.
What is the Mission and why are we still there? You're smart please educate me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,281 - 19,300 of27,899
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
gay club!!! in eldorado!!! (Mar '11) 1 hr Steve Pennington 47
N****r babies!! 2 hr SlabRider 19
What a jerk 2 hr WOW MAN 7
bikes 3 hr ShoNuff 4
Tattoo Shop on Hillsboro 4 hr marysville bandit 7
Watch The Homo Go 7 hr Watch The Homo Go 9
Ashley Scroggs Brummett 8 hr tulip760 21
•••

Flood Warning for Union County was issued at April 19 at 8:36PM CDT