Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#19851 Dec 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Do violence and crime have a cost to society? Of course they do!
Now ask yourself this...which society do you think will have the least violence and crime, the one with the social safety net or the one without?
As I said, you can keep on enjoying the benefits of the taxes you have paid being a self-proclaimed "successful producer" or you can choose to live elsewhere.
Ho does taxing Me(robbing) and then giving that money to someone who did not work for it benifit me or society. Millionaire farmers getting crop subsudy payments. Giving free food stamps that compete with my hard earned cash money at the grocery store. paying SSI and Medicade to folks who never worked enough to qualify for Regular Social Security. the so called social safety net you mention does nothing but reward folks who do the incorrect things and punish those who do the right things.
Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#19852 Dec 23, 2012
guess what I did this afternoon. I killed & processed a pig. Im sitting here and eating a home grown meal. fresh pork steaks, sweet potato & goats milk. All grown by us without one bit of goverment help or intervention. No middle men no taxes no regulation. that fact makes it taste even better.
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#19853 Dec 23, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
guess what I did this afternoon. I killed & processed a pig. Im sitting here and eating a home grown meal. fresh pork steaks, sweet potato & goats milk. All grown by us without one bit of goverment help or intervention. No middle men no taxes no regulation. that fact makes it taste even better.
Old Army could learn from you.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#19854 Dec 23, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Ho does taxing Me(robbing) and then giving that money to someone who did not work for it benifit me or society. Millionaire farmers getting crop subsudy payments. Giving free food stamps that compete with my hard earned cash money at the grocery store. paying SSI and Medicade to folks who never worked enough to qualify for Regular Social Security. the so called social safety net you mention does nothing but reward folks who do the incorrect things and punish those who do the right things.
"Medicaid to folks who never worked enough to qualify for Regular Social Security"

How about Medicaid to those individuals in nursing homes who give all their Social Security to the nursing facility and Medicaid pays besides that.

Working hard all your life paying taxes and in the end you need Medicaid and you think that it is a "reward folks who do the incorrect things".

I think not.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

#19855 Dec 23, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I would have said,"Miss, will you please tend to business at hand and visit with your friend later?"
That's probably what I should have done, but I was too annoyed and I would have been rude about it. Sometimes I find it best to say nothing rather than to embarass or offend someone.

SE Michigan

#19856 Dec 23, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> Where do you draw the line. When someone recieves a so called free goverment benifit. items that they did not work for. things like unemployment benifits, welfare ,food stamps, agriculture subsudys and so on. Thats money the goverment robbed from someone else and gave to them. Why are those things not theft? Why are those things folks didnt work for somehow exempt from being ill gotten gains. Im not exactly a saint myself. Years ago When I got the well head gas it wasnt mine. it was indeed theft. no matter that it was just being burnt into the atmosphere and wasted by the oil company it was theirs to waste. the same when I boycotted the reveue office and didnt buy truck license. everyoneelse paid and I didnt it was indeed wrong. And Im shure that there was always something that happened to take those ill gotten gains away from me. I never got away with anything some where some how and in some way Karma evened the score.
I guess Karma sent those coyotes to your place to eat your chickens and calves. Instead of spending money on traps, all you had to do was quit stealing gas.

SE Michigan

#19857 Dec 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I draw the line at, you have a choice to live in this country and pay taxes and enjoy the benefits of those taxes, or you can choose to live in some other country.
A victim of a theft had no choice
I have no choice as to the amount they take from my check. I am a victim of theft.

SE Michigan

#19858 Dec 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Do violence and crime have a cost to society? Of course they do!
Now ask yourself this...which society do you think will have the least violence and crime, the one with the social safety net or the one without?
As I said, you can keep on enjoying the benefits of the taxes you have paid being a self-proclaimed "successful producer" or you can choose to live elsewhere.
"which society do you think will have the least violence and crime, the one with the social safety net or the one without?"

In other words, we should pay people to not steal???
Old Army

Enola, AR

#19859 Dec 23, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text> Old Army could learn from you.
Gentle lady, you really are obsessed with me. That's unhealthy don't you think?

Location hidden

#19860 Dec 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"which society do you think will have the least violence and crime, the one with the social safety net or the one without?"
In other words, we should pay people to not steal???
No, let me make this as simple as I can for you people, you live in a country with a social safety net to combat poverty, to combat the cost of poverty on society,

Or would you prefer to live in a land of survival of the fittest and not be robbed VIA-income tax?

Bottom line- either way you pay.

Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#19861 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Medicaid to folks who never worked enough to qualify for Regular Social Security"
How about Medicaid to those individuals in nursing homes who give all their Social Security to the nursing facility and Medicaid pays besides that.
Working hard all your life paying taxes and in the end you need Medicaid and you think that it is a "reward folks who do the incorrect things".
I think not.
Many of those folks hide their assett,s. they deed their property to relatives. the DHS used to have a 3 year look back its now 5 years. And that payment is nothing but a subsudy (gift) to nursing homes. It cost about $3500 per month to keep someone in a nursing home. What do you wanna bet that if Medicade wasnt available that cost would come down.
Guess Who

Ash Flat, AR

#19862 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, let me make this as simple as I can for you people, you live in a country with a social safety net to combat poverty, to combat the cost of poverty on society,
Or would you prefer to live in a land of survival of the fittest and not be robbed VIA-income tax?
We have tried it your way and its not working. More people are on food stamps than ever before. Im ready to give survival of the fittest a go. Those so called poor taking advantage of the social safety net are not starving. By and large they and their children are fat overweight or obese. Just go to WalMart on goverment check day. you will see them. Filling the shopping cart with junk food dragging it behind an electric cart. and complaining the electric cart wont go fast enough. That electric cart had a 250 lb weight limit. it wasnt made to haul their 400 pounds of blubber. And now they want free health care. Let them starve they will lose weight and suddenly become healthier. Yep survival of the fittest. Nothing wrong with a root hawg or die policy.

Greenbrier, AR

#19863 Dec 24, 2012
Old Army don't let these sewer mouths drag you down to their level !!!

SE Michigan

#19865 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm........ survival of the fittest/not be robbed.

Do you honestly think legal theft by the US government has "combatted poverty?"
Really???????

SE Michigan

#19866 Dec 24, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> We have tried it your way and its not working. More people are on food stamps than ever before. Im ready to give survival of the fittest a go. Those so called poor taking advantage of the social safety net are not starving. By and large they and their children are fat overweight or obese. Just go to WalMart on goverment check day. you will see them. Filling the shopping cart with junk food dragging it behind an electric cart. and complaining the electric cart wont go fast enough. That electric cart had a 250 lb weight limit. it wasnt made to haul their 400 pounds of blubber. And now they want free health care. Let them starve they will lose weight and suddenly become healthier. Yep survival of the fittest. Nothing wrong with a root hawg or die policy.
LOL. In some ways, we think so much alike!
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#19867 Dec 24, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> We have tried it your way and its not working. More people are on food stamps than ever before. Im ready to give survival of the fittest a go. Those so called poor taking advantage of the social safety net are not starving. By and large they and their children are fat overweight or obese. Just go to WalMart on goverment check day. you will see them. Filling the shopping cart with junk food dragging it behind an electric cart. and complaining the electric cart wont go fast enough. That electric cart had a 250 lb weight limit. it wasnt made to haul their 400 pounds of blubber. And now they want free health care. Let them starve they will lose weight and suddenly become healthier. Yep survival of the fittest. Nothing wrong with a root hawg or die policy.
the fact is everyone on here discussing this subject and saying that the government is stealing from them .. are not true americans... if you do not like the way this country functions then there is NOONE holding you back from moving to a different country... why are you still here ?.. why be here if your unhappy?... if you don't like the way things are you have the freedom to move whereever you would like to whatever government you would like to live under... now go .. we do not leave our poor and struggling citizens behind to be left out to die or starve.. we did that back in the early 1900's and we're never ever going back to that day in age... so get used to it .. you guys can sit here and bash the united states and complain about how much you don't like contributing .. well let me tell you there are plenty of poeple who don't want your complaining asses here either and best thing would be for you whinebags to go ahead and pack up and leave.

Location hidden

#19869 Dec 24, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
"More people are on food stamps than ever before"

What do expect when a country looses 473,000 plus jobs. And guess whos watch that happen on.

"We asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close to that"

That was the conserative way, not my way.

This is my idea of how you turn things around.

U.S. GDP Growth Revised to 3.1 Percent in Q3
the Bureau of Economic Analysis |

U.S. Real gross domestic products increased at an annual rate of 3.1 percent in the third quarter of 2012 (that is, from the second quarter to the third quarter), according to the "third" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the second quarter, real GDP increased 1.3 percent.

We are making progress.

Location hidden

#19870 Dec 24, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm........ survival of the fittest/not be robbed.
Do you honestly think legal theft by the US government has "combatted poverty?"
Really???????
Not much into history are you, follow me an lets go back in time a few years shall we..........

What began in early 1964 on a rather ad hoc basis, involving numerous agencies and community groups, was soon transformed into a coherent plan in the form of the 1964 Economic Opportunity Act (EOA). The Economic Opportunity Act embodied education, training programs, job opportunities and healthcare services rather than financial assistance or income guarantees. The EOA stated,“Although the economic well-being and prosperity of the United States have progressed to a level surpassing any achieved in world history, and these benefits are widely shared throughout the Nation, It is, therefore, the policy of this Nation to eliminate the paradox of poverty in the midst of plenty in this Nation by opening to everyone the opportunity for education and training, the opportunity to work, and the opportunity to live in decency and dignity.” The Senate and the House of Representatives passed the Economic Opportunity Act (primarily with Democratic party votes), and President Johnson then signed the bill into law on August 20, 1964. The Act established the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) with Sargent Shriver as its director.
Guess Who

Cherokee Village, AR

#19871 Dec 24, 2012
The liberals misinterpret the words (that all men are created equal) to mean the US goverment should make all men equal. And they try to do that by redristributing by robbing anyone they think has more than their so called fair share. Thats why the jobs are gone. The UN and NWO decided the USA had more than its fair share. So their lackeys in the US goverment passed laws that forced the jobs to be redistributed to third world places. Our loss of production jobs was done on purpose! It was done to furthur the UN & NWO agenda. The communisn has failed everywhere it had been tried. And Im not going to leave unless I want to. Ill stay here and exercise my first admendment right and lambast the parasites. Ive used the same tax laws the very rich do. so the federal goverment wont get nothing but social security from me. and the robbing (taxing) is already dried up. the US goverment has to borrow 40 cents of every dollar spent. So now your left trying to rob a greater amount from fewer people to pay for your failed social engineering. and for the first time in 2011 social security paid out more than it took in.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#19872 Dec 24, 2012
Guest wrote:
Old Army don't let these sewer mouths drag you down to their level !!!
I'll try. Merry Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skip and Cheryl 4 hr Really 2
Did Justin Ramsey/Noland and Scott Hodge break up 7 hr The Norphlet Times 1
Mullinax Prisoner 11 hr shooters anoymus 8
Samantha Miller 13 hr lolwhatanidiot 7
cheryl williams 16 hr omg 27
who is Shawn Youngs.. (Nov '11) 16 hr actually 17
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 16 hr Hollywood 844
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM