Yes

No

Other (explain below)

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#19566 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled
"and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .."
Is there a reason you don't believe regular people (teachers, principals, maintenence staff, cooks, lunch moms, students of legal age on college campuses,) can be trained to BE the security?

Anyone who has a concealed permit has undergone training. Why pay people tax money specifically for that job? And even if there is a security guard or two on campus, how does that stop the shooter on the other end of the campus? Again, regular people NEED to be able to carry for self-defense.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#19567 Dec 19, 2012
concerned wrote:
Our founding fathers put in the 2nd admendment in place so law abiding citizens would be able to protect themselves. The criminals will do what ever they can to kill. They won't let gun control stop them if they intend to kill why should i have my rights trampled on when they won't get tough on the criminals. I should have the same rights as all of you to protect your families. Just so you know if obama bands these weapons whose to say that next he bands handguns, or maybe next all your hunting rifles or have you come and register all your weapons. What most of you don't realize is before hilter kill the jews, this is how it was in germany. the problem here is those that don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. And United States are following in germany path of 1933. search germany past read it for yourself. Give up our rights to any guns we will become germany. Our future is at stake.
EXACTLY! Registered guns are easy to track and confiscate. That is the sole reason for registration laws.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19568 Dec 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
When I see a post like #19542 by DKN, I tend to skip over it. No breaks, no paragraphs, makes it kinda hard to read.
But from the little bit that I skimmed over, I can see you need a lesson in the Constitution AND in human nature.
Let's take this sentence:
"i am talking about taking away the semi auto ones and reducing the clip size for those that are left."
Tell me, what the hell is the difference between a clip that holds...say six rounds....compared to one that holds....say sixteen rounds?
What do you accomplish by reducing the number of rounds in a clip? Do you think it's okay that someone can kill six people, but they shouldn't be able to kill sixteen people?
Do you think someone who has sixteen rounds is more likely to go on a rampage than someone with six rounds?
How long do you think it takes someone with some practice to reload a loaded clip in their gun after firing all six rounds?
There is already a law that says you cannot murder people. Do people obey that law? What makes you so sure they will obey a gun law? A new reduced clip law?
By reducing the fire power of law-abiding trained people, how might this benefit the person who wants to do ALOT of damage?
Here is a multiple choice question for you:
When school shootings happen, what is the main factor that usually makes them stop?
a. Prayer (remember this is not allowed in school)
b. a pretty teacher asking the crazed gunman to "please stop shooting people"
c. gunman having to go to the bathroom
d. people with guns arriving on the scene
e. none of the above
Do you know what the 2nd amendment says? Do you know what the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means?
Do you think someones life is less valuable and not worth protecting when they walk through the doors at a school?
i'm sure no one really cares what you think but ... i love how you will not post to my threads but instead take an indirect approach... let me tell you something about the clip size since you clearly didinn't understand it from the post you "skimmed" over... a person with a 6 round clip can only kill,injure, or wound, at most 6 people without a reload... does that make sense?.. if people try to subdue the perpetrator then only 6 are in harms way instead of 16 .. make sense? because it should... and HELL yes i think its better 6 or less compared to 16 don't you?! what kind of monster are you really?... and to answer your second question NO i do not think someone with 6 rounds is less likely to commit something of this nature rather than someone with 16 .. but guess what they would more than likely not kill as many right? what is your way of thinking anyways? and anyone with any balls like those teachers had would know that if you have to reload then you are vulnerable... and if you haven't noticed MOST if not ALL of these crimes have took place on grounds that do not permit guns... and that most of these criminals have taken their own lives... and like i stated several times... when our for fathers wrote that they did not expect to see the kind of technology we have today and did not expect americans to use the technology on themselves in such ways... and you cannot tell me that any one of those great men that wrote the constitution would not feel the very same way i do ? or millions of others that feel the same way? lol then your just as crazy
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19569 Dec 19, 2012
DKN also wrote: "i am proposing; however, that it would cut down on the violence within schools..."
Just want to point out that there is not all kinds of violence in schools like you seem to think there is. That is why these shootings make the news.
The violence that does exist is ALWAYS someone disobeying the law. So how do more laws solve the problem when people aren't able to defend themselves against the law breakers? And there will ALWAYS be law breakers.
the violence i was speaking of was the killings ... so your comment makes no sense at all .. when you read put the words together instead of taking excerpts and you might have a sentence you can read.
chaching

Dallas, TX

#19570 Dec 19, 2012
get money$$$$
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19571 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
"there is no use for them in civilian world.."
That's a moot point. The fact is....they ARE in the civilian world....and they ALWAYS WILL BE in the civilian world.
If left up to you, only the bad guys will have them....and they WILL USE THEM....on US if they have that advantage. You cannot uninvent something!
You could say there is no place in society for nuclear weapons too. But if we do away with ours, other countries- some who are evil- will still have them... and could be a grave danger to us. Would you feel safe if we destroyed all of our nukes?
It is only natural and right for good people to have equal, or better, fire-power and to use it to destroy evil.
why do you do this to yourself? lol ... so the world has reduced it's nuclear firepower incase you missed the last few years there... and by doing so yes it did create a more safer world... may not have solved the worlds problem .. which is the knowledge to know how to create such weapons.. but it did help control how many were out there in the use or reaches of radicals... and like i said before i know the weapons are out there but we can control what is being sold or purchased therefore controlling how many new killing machines are being made... the owner of the company that made the gun the guy was carriing just sold his company ... what does that tell you? and i agree i would rather be in a situation where i was carring an AK rather than a 30.06 but just depends on how good a shot the ole boy is and who is faster... but what i also agree with is that the buying and selling of those types of guns has to stop
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19572 Dec 19, 2012
concerned wrote:
Our founding fathers put in the 2nd admendment in place so law abiding citizens would be able to protect themselves. The criminals will do what ever they can to kill. They won't let gun control stop them if they intend to kill why should i have my rights trampled on when they won't get tough on the criminals. I should have the same rights as all of you to protect your families. Just so you know if obama bands these weapons whose to say that next he bands handguns, or maybe next all your hunting rifles or have you come and register all your weapons. What most of you don't realize is before hilter kill the jews, this is how it was in germany. the problem here is those that don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. And United States are following in germany path of 1933. search germany past read it for yourself. Give up our rights to any guns we will become germany. Our future is at stake.
i love how all of you republicans are so dependant on fear mongoring and creating conspiracy theories... what if this ... if they did that then they'll do this... and all kinds of others lol everytime something good in the world is being done... lol and what are you implying? that obama's gonna get his revenge for us making his race slaves? lol your a joke ... and by the way The German Weapons Act of 1972 is one of the strictest gun laws in the world and is still in effect today
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19573 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
"and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .."
Is there a reason you don't believe regular people (teachers, principals, maintenence staff, cooks, lunch moms, students of legal age on college campuses,) can be trained to BE the security?
Anyone who has a concealed permit has undergone training. Why pay people tax money specifically for that job? And even if there is a security guard or two on campus, how does that stop the shooter on the other end of the campus? Again, regular people NEED to be able to carry for self-defense.
they are trained professionals in what they do best and that is teach... to train them to own a gun and require them to put in the same job training as a security gaurd or police officer is unacceptable .. most of them do not have the mantality to pull the trigger even if they were in that situation.. and if they don't regularly practice with the weapon who's to say they wont accedentaly take the life of one of their students in the crossfire or another coworker?... plus we are asking enough of our teachers already and to place a burden like this on them is not necessary.. hiring trained professionals and setting up security systems that work .. would be a far more responsible thing to do ... so what your implying now is that all the gun free zones be taken away ... so that everyone .. including students be able to carry weapons in classrooms? your way of thinking like all your friends here especially old army's are severly skewed and need a thorogh rethought on your part.
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#19574 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Registered guns are easy to track and confiscate. That is the sole reason for registration laws.
And the sole purpose of a gun is to issue lethal harm.

Who in their right mind would think such a thing should be tracked or confiscated after it was used for its intended purpose.
Old Army

Conway, AR

#19576 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sure no one really cares what you think but ... i love how you will not post to my threads but instead take an indirect approach... let me tell you something about the clip size since you clearly didinn't understand it from the post you "skimmed" over... a person with a 6 round clip can only kill,injure, or wound, at most 6 people without a reload... does that make sense?.. if people try to subdue the perpetrator then only 6 are in harms way instead of 16 .. make sense? because it should... and HELL yes i think its better 6 or less compared to 16 don't you?! what kind of monster are you really?... and to answer your second question NO i do not think someone with 6 rounds is less likely to commit something of this nature rather than someone with 16 .. but guess what they would more than likely not kill as many right? what is your way of thinking anyways? and anyone with any balls like those teachers had would know that if you have to reload then you are vulnerable... and if you haven't noticed MOST if not ALL of these crimes have took place on grounds that do not permit guns... and that most of these criminals have taken their own lives... and like i stated several times... when our for fathers wrote that they did not expect to see the kind of technology we have today and did not expect americans to use the technology on themselves in such ways... and you cannot tell me that any one of those great men that wrote the constitution would not feel the very same way i do ? or millions of others that feel the same way? lol then your just as crazy
You really are a sick MFer.
Churmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

#19577 Dec 19, 2012
The second admendment has nothing to do with hunting or self defence. its to enable the citizens to have the means to overthrow a tyrannical goverment. If the goverment tries to confiscate the guns from law abiding citizens that would be a time for citizens to exercise their second admendment rights as the founders envisioned.
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

#19578 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled
I have the capacity to be saddened at the loss of innocent lives while not letting those emotions get in the way of rational thought when asking how do we stop this from happening. Maybe you don't I don't know. I do want to do something about gun control. Give every law abiding ctizen who wants to purchase firearms, no matter how powerful, the freedom to purchase them. I am so glad that you are not going to take away the second amendment. I was truly getting worried. The danger in your thought process is the statement "it must be controlled". For someone to think everything can be solved by government taking control of everything that is problematic is disturbing. You have no clue what our fore fathers thought or intended. It is apparent in every post you make. Do you think that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols can kill? Everyone should have guns registered but you admit that 40% that are bought are not registered. Now we're back to controlling guns won't affect anything other than make democrats think they have accomplished something grand even though reality would not play out that way. Will your gun buying laws regulate the 40% of the guns that aren't registered? If they can't, then why spend the money on extra security or cameras. These are common sense questions, that if answered honestly, would lead you away from trying to control peoples lives. Why do democrats think that everything can be solved with massive amounts of money and regulations that strip freedoms from American citizens? Why do they not believe that individuals have it within themselves to control their own lives? Whenever you are ready, I'm ready for your Obama budget. Just don't want you to forget since you are so sure it will work. Don't worry, I don't really expect you to do it.
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

#19579 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
"there is no use for them in civilian world.."
That's a moot point. The fact is....they ARE in the civilian world....and they ALWAYS WILL BE in the civilian world.
If left up to you, only the bad guys will have them....and they WILL USE THEM....on US if they have that advantage. You cannot uninvent something!
You could say there is no place in society for nuclear weapons too. But if we do away with ours, other countries- some who are evil- will still have them... and could be a grave danger to us. Would you feel safe if we destroyed all of our nukes?
It is only natural and right for good people to have equal, or better, fire-power and to use it to destroy evil.
It's simple really. Schools: no guns
Police stations: many guns
Which one seems to have the most mass shootings?
The more guns in a place, the less likely anyone tests the waters. They simply move to an easier target.
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

#19580 Dec 19, 2012
<quoted text>
"just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control?"
I can't speak for him, but for myself...all the dead kids in the world would NOT have me calling for gun control! If more good people had guns, knew how to use them, and carried them everywhere, there would be fewer dead kids and more dead kid-murdering thugs!
AMEN!!!
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

#19581 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sure no one really cares what you think but ... i love how you will not post to my threads but instead take an indirect approach... let me tell you something about the clip size since you clearly didinn't understand it from the post you "skimmed" over... a person with a 6 round clip can only kill,injure, or wound, at most 6 people without a reload... does that make sense?.. if people try to subdue the perpetrator then only 6 are in harms way instead of 16 .. make sense? because it should... and HELL yes i think its better 6 or less compared to 16 don't you?! what kind of monster are you really?... and to answer your second question NO i do not think someone with 6 rounds is less likely to commit something of this nature rather than someone with 16 .. but guess what they would more than likely not kill as many right? what is your way of thinking anyways? and anyone with any balls like those teachers had would know that if you have to reload then you are vulnerable... and if you haven't noticed MOST if not ALL of these crimes have took place on grounds that do not permit guns... and that most of these criminals have taken their own lives... and like i stated several times... when our for fathers wrote that they did not expect to see the kind of technology we have today and did not expect americans to use the technology on themselves in such ways... and you cannot tell me that any one of those great men that wrote the constitution would not feel the very same way i do ? or millions of others that feel the same way? lol then your just as crazy
Are you saying that people will take down a shooter who is reloading or will they freeze or run? Most people I know would use the time the shooter is reloading to run away. If a shooter took time to block all the exits then it's like shooting fish in a barrell. There you go demonizing again by calling someone a monster for no other reason than the fact they disagree with you. You need to work on that. You stating that most of these acts took place on grounds with a no gun policy is a strong argument for less gun control. If the teachers had guns, the shooter would have been preoccupied to say the least and probably no kids and maybe no adults die. To say that our fore fathers had no idea we would engage in this type of behavior is a careless at best. There have been far more violent cultures in the history of the world than the American culture of today. Those cultures are well documented and I would be willing to bet that our fore fathers knew about them. The founding documents of this nation deal in ideas and values that can apply to our culture reguardless of the technology we possess. Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19582 Dec 19, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that people will take down a shooter who is reloading or will they freeze or run? Most people I know would use the time the shooter is reloading to run away. If a shooter took time to block all the exits then it's like shooting fish in a barrell. There you go demonizing again by calling someone a monster for no other reason than the fact they disagree with you. You need to work on that. You stating that most of these acts took place on grounds with a no gun policy is a strong argument for less gun control. If the teachers had guns, the shooter would have been preoccupied to say the least and probably no kids and maybe no adults die. To say that our fore fathers had no idea we would engage in this type of behavior is a careless at best. There have been far more violent cultures in the history of the world than the American culture of today. Those cultures are well documented and I would be willing to bet that our fore fathers knew about them. The founding documents of this nation deal in ideas and values that can apply to our culture reguardless of the technology we possess. Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
your other post is just simple minded redoric that is completely false and not even worthy of a reply .. but this one is because you know nothing of our history .. clearly by your ignorant responses.. if you look at history you will see that your way of thinking has been proven wrong and will continue to do so ...
Redd Neckerson

United States

#19583 Dec 20, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
You people amaze me.
Redd

United States

#19584 Dec 20, 2012
Isn't it odd that the very people, with all the privilege that money brings, the ones whose success has allowed them to reap the benefits a Country like ours provides, compares themselves with the near feudal caste system that faced the Founding Fathers in Europe and the America's?

Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#19586 Dec 20, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
The second admendment has nothing to do with hunting or self defence. its to enable the citizens to have the means to overthrow a tyrannical goverment. If the goverment tries to confiscate the guns from law abiding citizens that would be a time for citizens to exercise their second admendment rights as the founders envisioned.
Do you think handguns could stop the U.S. "government",

Osama bin Laden made the same mistake.

Remember Saddam Hussein, he had a army, an could not stop the U.S..

And you and your ilk, are going to do it with hand guns.

Common sense, is not so common is it?

Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#19588 Dec 20, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple really. Schools: no guns
Police stations: many guns
Which one seems to have the most mass shootings?
The more guns in a place, the less likely anyone tests the waters. They simply move to an easier target.
The target gets a lot easier to find with a gun in your hand,

it makes it easier to kill someone, as opposed to say, a club or a knife.

Btw-in most cases like this the shooter or shooters kill themselves or die trying to fight it out.

Look at a couple examples from Ark;

Cotter Ark- Police officer gun down, they trap the guy in North Fork Ark., Police fire hundreds of rounds into his car, the man shoots himself and his female passenger.

West Memphis Ark;

Two more (Armed) police officers gun down, the attackers are killed in a Wal Mart parking lot shooting it out with police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House Cleaning at City Hall 9/22/17 13 min Knowitall 2
Do it for the kids 16 min Joke 2
Wayfinding Signs 1 hr thisisbogus 11
Creepy Safeway murders 1 hr Rebelbubba 40
Frank Foster 1 hr Rebelbubba 10
Clark C. 2 hr Paul Warner 1
Is a Junior College President worth $192,292 a ... 3 hr EldoMasterBlaster 5

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance