created by: Rick | Jun 8, 2010

Arkansas

5,791 votes

Did you vote today?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)

Comments (Page 921)

Showing posts 18,401 - 18,420 of28,661
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19554
Dec 19, 2012
 
When I see a post like #19542 by DKN, I tend to skip over it. No breaks, no paragraphs, makes it kinda hard to read.

But from the little bit that I skimmed over, I can see you need a lesson in the Constitution AND in human nature.

Let's take this sentence:
"i am talking about taking away the semi auto ones and reducing the clip size for those that are left."

Tell me, what the hell is the difference between a clip that holds...say six rounds....compared to one that holds....say sixteen rounds?

What do you accomplish by reducing the number of rounds in a clip? Do you think it's okay that someone can kill six people, but they shouldn't be able to kill sixteen people?

Do you think someone who has sixteen rounds is more likely to go on a rampage than someone with six rounds?

How long do you think it takes someone with some practice to reload a loaded clip in their gun after firing all six rounds?

There is already a law that says you cannot murder people. Do people obey that law? What makes you so sure they will obey a gun law? A new reduced clip law?

By reducing the fire power of law-abiding trained people, how might this benefit the person who wants to do ALOT of damage?

Here is a multiple choice question for you:
When school shootings happen, what is the main factor that usually makes them stop?
a. Prayer (remember this is not allowed in school)
b. a pretty teacher asking the crazed gunman to "please stop shooting people"
c. gunman having to go to the bathroom
d. people with guns arriving on the scene
e. none of the above

Do you know what the 2nd amendment says? Do you know what the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means?

Do you think someones life is less valuable and not worth protecting when they walk through the doors at a school?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19555
Dec 19, 2012
 
DKN also wrote: "i am proposing; however, that it would cut down on the violence within schools..."

Just want to point out that there is not all kinds of violence in schools like you seem to think there is. That is why these shootings make the news.

The violence that does exist is ALWAYS someone disobeying the law. So how do more laws solve the problem when people aren't able to defend themselves against the law breakers? And there will ALWAYS be law breakers.
what

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19556
Dec 19, 2012
 
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>if you cannot understand simple english or understand what is going on around you then maybe you should rethink your existance on this site.. if you cannot comprehend what is being said even though it is not directly implemented or directed towards you then someone needs to go back to school and actually learn something rather than have others explain what is said to them .. good day little one it's time to grow up
It's time you take you own advice.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19557
Dec 19, 2012
 
Today when i went to do my buisness I checked the oil &water in my truck. next I put my 12 guage pump shotgun in the truck. I have chinese SKS and a russan AK47. but I prefer the 12 guage. Shoot a cat or coyote at close range with 3 in magnum buckshot and you cant miss. When or if the goverment does away with the second admendment. thats the time when we will really need to exercise it.
Guest

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19558
Dec 19, 2012
 
Obozo is very good at gun control.. He passed out lots of assault weapons in fast and furiious..
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19559
Dec 19, 2012
 
Churmudgeon wrote:
Today when i went to do my buisness I checked the oil &water in my truck. next I put my 12 guage pump shotgun in the truck. I have chinese SKS and a russan AK47. but I prefer the 12 guage. Shoot a cat or coyote at close range with 3 in magnum buckshot and you cant miss. When or if the goverment does away with the second amendment. thats the time when we will really need to exercise it.
The Second Amendment will still be in place long after you and I are gone.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19560
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
In simple English, you are a fkn idiot.
awww poor baby got mad because he could not comprehend what was being said... now don't get mad little baby .. in a few years you'll understand what's going on .. all it takes is time.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19561
Dec 19, 2012
 
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mean to get your panties in a wad, but what is a military grade weapon? And who is "Noone"?
1. M16A1
2. M16A2
3. M16A4
4. M1911
5. H&K G36
6. Mk .14 EBR
7. Galil
8. AK-47
9. XM8
10. XM8 LMG
11. XM8C
12. M249 SAW
13. Barrett M82
14. M21 Sniper Rifle
15. M9 Pistol
16. AK-74
17. MP7
18. MP5K
19. M1 Garand
20. Tommy Gun
21. M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle
22. Springfield M1903 Rifle
23. M1 Carbine
24. M40 Sniper Rifle
25. H&K HK416
26. H&K G3
27. H&K HK21
28. H&K G11
29. STG 77
30. STG 44
31. MP40
32. H&K HK36
33. FN SCAR
34. FN F2000
35. FN Five-Seven
36. FN FAL
37. FN P900
38. FN MAG
39. M24
40. Tokarev TT-33
41. M5A2 Carbine
42. PP7
43. PP2000
44. PPSh-41
45. PP-19 Bizon
46. Karabiner 98
47. Gewehr 43
48. SPAS-15
49. SPAS-12
50. Steyr AUG
that's just a small list of your military grade weapons for you ... the pistols are an exception in my eyes but all the others and other guns of the same caliber that are semi auto or hold a large magazine clip should be illegal .. there is no use for them in civilian world.. and Noone is formed in parallel to the formation of nobody, anyone, and everyone, but it is often considered incorrect because of the doubled vowels creating a temptation to read and pronounce it as "noon" (/nu&#720;n/).
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1
that is your "noone"..
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19562
Dec 19, 2012
 
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a complete fantasy land where knee jerk reactions and regulatory control of everything solves problems. Life simply isn't that way. You say it's ok to take the second amendment right away from citizens on the hope that it will fix the problem. You even say that you admit 40% of guns purchased are illegal and those sales wouldn't even be affected by your gun control laws. What percentage of the population commits crimes like the one we saw in Newtown Conn? 40%? I think not. Obama said there has been 4 instances since he took office in 2008. Each of those instances were carried out by one individual. That comes to a total of 0.00000000129% of our total population yet you want to punish the other 99.99999999871% to "HOPEFULLY" stop the rest. I listened to a gun store owner in Texas today say he has offered free concealed weapon classes to all public school employees. Expecting 100 to sign up he was quickly overwhelmed when over 500 people and climbing signed up. Not to mention that private owner gun sales have skyrocketed since the shooting. What does that tell you about what America as a whole thinks about private ownership of guns? Kinda flys in the face of your gun control argument but you are one that cares little for what others believe when you believe a certain way.
no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19563
Dec 19, 2012
 
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>
<snipped the drivel>
that's just a small list of your military grade weapons for you ... the pistols are an exception in my eyes but all the others and other guns of the same caliber that are semi auto or hold a large magazine clip should be illegal .. there is no use for them in civilian world.. and Noone is formed in parallel to the formation of nobody, anyone, and everyone, but it is often considered incorrect because of the doubled vowels creating a temptation to read and pronounce it as "noon" (/nu&#720;n/).
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1
that is your "noone"..
"there is no use for them in civilian world.."
That's a moot point. The fact is....they ARE in the civilian world....and they ALWAYS WILL BE in the civilian world.

If left up to you, only the bad guys will have them....and they WILL USE THEM....on US if they have that advantage. You cannot uninvent something!

You could say there is no place in society for nuclear weapons too. But if we do away with ours, other countries- some who are evil- will still have them... and could be a grave danger to us. Would you feel safe if we destroyed all of our nukes?

It is only natural and right for good people to have equal, or better, fire-power and to use it to destroy evil.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19565
Dec 19, 2012
 
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled
"just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control?"
I can't speak for him, but for myself...all the dead kids in the world would NOT have me calling for gun control! If more good people had guns, knew how to use them, and carried them everywhere, there would be fewer dead kids and more dead kid-murdering thugs!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19566
Dec 19, 2012
 
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled
"and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .."
Is there a reason you don't believe regular people (teachers, principals, maintenence staff, cooks, lunch moms, students of legal age on college campuses,) can be trained to BE the security?

Anyone who has a concealed permit has undergone training. Why pay people tax money specifically for that job? And even if there is a security guard or two on campus, how does that stop the shooter on the other end of the campus? Again, regular people NEED to be able to carry for self-defense.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19567
Dec 19, 2012
 
concerned wrote:
Our founding fathers put in the 2nd admendment in place so law abiding citizens would be able to protect themselves. The criminals will do what ever they can to kill. They won't let gun control stop them if they intend to kill why should i have my rights trampled on when they won't get tough on the criminals. I should have the same rights as all of you to protect your families. Just so you know if obama bands these weapons whose to say that next he bands handguns, or maybe next all your hunting rifles or have you come and register all your weapons. What most of you don't realize is before hilter kill the jews, this is how it was in germany. the problem here is those that don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. And United States are following in germany path of 1933. search germany past read it for yourself. Give up our rights to any guns we will become germany. Our future is at stake.
EXACTLY! Registered guns are easy to track and confiscate. That is the sole reason for registration laws.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19568
Dec 19, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
When I see a post like #19542 by DKN, I tend to skip over it. No breaks, no paragraphs, makes it kinda hard to read.
But from the little bit that I skimmed over, I can see you need a lesson in the Constitution AND in human nature.
Let's take this sentence:
"i am talking about taking away the semi auto ones and reducing the clip size for those that are left."
Tell me, what the hell is the difference between a clip that holds...say six rounds....compared to one that holds....say sixteen rounds?
What do you accomplish by reducing the number of rounds in a clip? Do you think it's okay that someone can kill six people, but they shouldn't be able to kill sixteen people?
Do you think someone who has sixteen rounds is more likely to go on a rampage than someone with six rounds?
How long do you think it takes someone with some practice to reload a loaded clip in their gun after firing all six rounds?
There is already a law that says you cannot murder people. Do people obey that law? What makes you so sure they will obey a gun law? A new reduced clip law?
By reducing the fire power of law-abiding trained people, how might this benefit the person who wants to do ALOT of damage?
Here is a multiple choice question for you:
When school shootings happen, what is the main factor that usually makes them stop?
a. Prayer (remember this is not allowed in school)
b. a pretty teacher asking the crazed gunman to "please stop shooting people"
c. gunman having to go to the bathroom
d. people with guns arriving on the scene
e. none of the above
Do you know what the 2nd amendment says? Do you know what the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means?
Do you think someones life is less valuable and not worth protecting when they walk through the doors at a school?
i'm sure no one really cares what you think but ... i love how you will not post to my threads but instead take an indirect approach... let me tell you something about the clip size since you clearly didinn't understand it from the post you "skimmed" over... a person with a 6 round clip can only kill,injure, or wound, at most 6 people without a reload... does that make sense?.. if people try to subdue the perpetrator then only 6 are in harms way instead of 16 .. make sense? because it should... and HELL yes i think its better 6 or less compared to 16 don't you?! what kind of monster are you really?... and to answer your second question NO i do not think someone with 6 rounds is less likely to commit something of this nature rather than someone with 16 .. but guess what they would more than likely not kill as many right? what is your way of thinking anyways? and anyone with any balls like those teachers had would know that if you have to reload then you are vulnerable... and if you haven't noticed MOST if not ALL of these crimes have took place on grounds that do not permit guns... and that most of these criminals have taken their own lives... and like i stated several times... when our for fathers wrote that they did not expect to see the kind of technology we have today and did not expect americans to use the technology on themselves in such ways... and you cannot tell me that any one of those great men that wrote the constitution would not feel the very same way i do ? or millions of others that feel the same way? lol then your just as crazy
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19569
Dec 19, 2012
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
DKN also wrote: "i am proposing; however, that it would cut down on the violence within schools..."
Just want to point out that there is not all kinds of violence in schools like you seem to think there is. That is why these shootings make the news.
The violence that does exist is ALWAYS someone disobeying the law. So how do more laws solve the problem when people aren't able to defend themselves against the law breakers? And there will ALWAYS be law breakers.
the violence i was speaking of was the killings ... so your comment makes no sense at all .. when you read put the words together instead of taking excerpts and you might have a sentence you can read.
chaching

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19570
Dec 19, 2012
 
get money$$$$
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19571
Dec 19, 2012
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"there is no use for them in civilian world.."
That's a moot point. The fact is....they ARE in the civilian world....and they ALWAYS WILL BE in the civilian world.
If left up to you, only the bad guys will have them....and they WILL USE THEM....on US if they have that advantage. You cannot uninvent something!
You could say there is no place in society for nuclear weapons too. But if we do away with ours, other countries- some who are evil- will still have them... and could be a grave danger to us. Would you feel safe if we destroyed all of our nukes?
It is only natural and right for good people to have equal, or better, fire-power and to use it to destroy evil.
why do you do this to yourself? lol ... so the world has reduced it's nuclear firepower incase you missed the last few years there... and by doing so yes it did create a more safer world... may not have solved the worlds problem .. which is the knowledge to know how to create such weapons.. but it did help control how many were out there in the use or reaches of radicals... and like i said before i know the weapons are out there but we can control what is being sold or purchased therefore controlling how many new killing machines are being made... the owner of the company that made the gun the guy was carriing just sold his company ... what does that tell you? and i agree i would rather be in a situation where i was carring an AK rather than a 30.06 but just depends on how good a shot the ole boy is and who is faster... but what i also agree with is that the buying and selling of those types of guns has to stop
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19572
Dec 19, 2012
 
concerned wrote:
Our founding fathers put in the 2nd admendment in place so law abiding citizens would be able to protect themselves. The criminals will do what ever they can to kill. They won't let gun control stop them if they intend to kill why should i have my rights trampled on when they won't get tough on the criminals. I should have the same rights as all of you to protect your families. Just so you know if obama bands these weapons whose to say that next he bands handguns, or maybe next all your hunting rifles or have you come and register all your weapons. What most of you don't realize is before hilter kill the jews, this is how it was in germany. the problem here is those that don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. And United States are following in germany path of 1933. search germany past read it for yourself. Give up our rights to any guns we will become germany. Our future is at stake.
i love how all of you republicans are so dependant on fear mongoring and creating conspiracy theories... what if this ... if they did that then they'll do this... and all kinds of others lol everytime something good in the world is being done... lol and what are you implying? that obama's gonna get his revenge for us making his race slaves? lol your a joke ... and by the way The German Weapons Act of 1972 is one of the strictest gun laws in the world and is still in effect today
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19573
Dec 19, 2012
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .."
Is there a reason you don't believe regular people (teachers, principals, maintenence staff, cooks, lunch moms, students of legal age on college campuses,) can be trained to BE the security?
Anyone who has a concealed permit has undergone training. Why pay people tax money specifically for that job? And even if there is a security guard or two on campus, how does that stop the shooter on the other end of the campus? Again, regular people NEED to be able to carry for self-defense.
they are trained professionals in what they do best and that is teach... to train them to own a gun and require them to put in the same job training as a security gaurd or police officer is unacceptable .. most of them do not have the mantality to pull the trigger even if they were in that situation.. and if they don't regularly practice with the weapon who's to say they wont accedentaly take the life of one of their students in the crossfire or another coworker?... plus we are asking enough of our teachers already and to place a burden like this on them is not necessary.. hiring trained professionals and setting up security systems that work .. would be a far more responsible thing to do ... so what your implying now is that all the gun free zones be taken away ... so that everyone .. including students be able to carry weapons in classrooms? your way of thinking like all your friends here especially old army's are severly skewed and need a thorogh rethought on your part.
Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19574
Dec 19, 2012
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Registered guns are easy to track and confiscate. That is the sole reason for registration laws.
And the sole purpose of a gun is to issue lethal harm.

Who in their right mind would think such a thing should be tracked or confiscated after it was used for its intended purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,401 - 18,420 of28,661
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Should Union County Child Support be investigated? (Apr '08) 6 min sos 109
Kayla Danielle Romaire 14 min Such a fake-Kayla Romaire 1
Sherry Creech Gathright 1 hr The Facts 25
Loose legged ladies 1 hr haaa 4
4 brothers 1 hr rumor 5
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 2,527
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 6 hr looking 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••