|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell us a joke Army, make us laugh again.
The biggest joke on here lately is "Don't know nothin". No, not funny, just sad.
wormed

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Around the world in 40 days
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Old Army wrote:
Rest in peace, Senator Daniel Inouye. Salute!
He was a great man.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
d<quoted text>you know you amaze me sometimes.. i would rather spend a few extra cents or a couple extra dollars in taxes to keep my kid in a safer school zone rather than take a chance in not having a guard there at all... or some kind of increased security...and the simple fact of the matter is noone needs a damn ak47 or ar15 or a military grade weapon...or semi auto shotguns.. for any reason ....and keeping all guns out of the hands of crazies out there is virtually impossible since 40% of all guns bought require no background check because their sold by private sellers..but someething must be done.. and are you kiding me you are talking about changing our culture and have the government reach into each individual lives and mold and shape everyone by showing them good things with no bad and have them go out in the world thinking that ... lol your crazy.. there are age appropriate games and movies and those are clearly marked.. there are also some lazy people who dont want to take the time to teach their kid gun control, common sense, and discipline them accordingly ...
Where do I even start? Your unwillingness to look any farther than the end of your nose when assessing a problem completely baffles me. You look at every single solution independently of how it affects the whole picture. You say only security guards in schools until someone opens fire at a restaraunt. Then it's guards at all restaraunts. Before you know it it's here a tax, there a tax, everywhere a tax tax. You saying that no citizen needs to own a assault weapon sounds logical on the surface. What happens when the next mass killing is done with a shotgun or a hunting rifle? I guess we ban those as well. And so it goes down the list. You even admit that almost 50% of all guns are purchased unregistered. Again, guns are not the problem here and taking private ownership rights won't change a thing other than taking another piece of freedom from Americans. I'm not asking the government to reach into anyone's lives. I a asking the government to not allow certain content out to the market from the companies. Yes there are ratings on the games but what stops kids from getting their hands on them? It's not the parents as it should be. If our culture didn't accept the content of video games and media then the companies wouldn't put it out because they would lose money on those games. Obviously that's not the case. The example of the goth scene was just that, an example. I wasn't judging anyone. To say that goth is as far from mainstream as you can get is a fact, not a demonization. If crazies are going to do what "crazies" do then, if you don't fix the culture that is creating "crazies" then the methods will simply change as our government takes measures to eliminate a method. The question remains do you take away freedoms for millions of Americans for the sake of stopping a very few people that could have been stopped by other means? I would say no. Taking away guns is simply the path of least resistance but it does nothing to stop people from doing bad things. Fix the culture, which is a daunting task to say the least, and you can do much more good than if you just attempt to take away the vehicle used to do the damage which you have already admitted doean't have much affect. The easiest thing to do is rarely the most effective yet that is what our government seems to want to do in every situation.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>do you not realize that most of these people recieving some type of welfare are the working poor? so if they are already working what more do you want for them .. we cannot force poeple to go to college and better themselves but i do not think that they should be left behind ... i do agree that they SHOULD better themselves but you cannot force anyone... if someones unemployment runs out and they haven't found a job then i feel no remourse for them ... but if someone is working then laid off becuase their job was taken away through no fualt of there own i believe deserve a chance to look for work and focus on finding a job to contribute to the community... most of the working poor have families so how do you suppose they make the time to do anything else?... and people must find out for themseleves with guidance from other level minded individuals or maybe just experience it for themselves to find out and change... some do change some do not that's life... but we cannot in good conscious leave those who do not to die out on the street in a country such as ours...your way of thinking is badly skewed and i hope you'll have the decency to look at what your saying you cannot tell people how to live their lives.. that is communism and not something accustomed to this country.
It's the why that I am talking about. Why are they poor? What decisions did they make in life that helped get them to poverty? I can promise you that there will be a host of reasons that a person is poor that, if eliminated, would have kept them out of poverty. Throwing money at an ignorant person isn't going to give them any drive or knowledge of how to pick themselves up by their boot straps. It simply gives someone who doesn't know how to handle money, more money to run through. If someone gets laid off from a job then there needs to be money available to bridge the gap until they find another job. Those are not the people I am talking about. How's the guidance from other level minded individuals working out for us? Since more people are on the government dole, I would say not so well. You talk about people who change and people who don't. There is a heirarchy for any group of people that are allowed to make their own decisions. 10% will get out and make something of themselves on their own. 80% will simply hold the line and be middle of the row. 10% will actually hurt the overall by doing nothing or failing by making terrible decisions. You want us to sacrifice the 90% for the sake of the 10%. I want to require all to reach down and find that which is within all of us to be the best we can be. That doesn't happen if we throw money at people and don't require them to try which is what we are doing now. Atheletes don't get to be great if they are not pushed into doing conditioning and learning plays by their coaching staff. They won't do it on their own. It's the same in society. I hate it when the left tries to demonize someone who doesn't see things their way. You saying that people will die in the streets if we don't just give them money is exactly what I'm talking about. More government in the vast majority of people's lives is communism. That's not what I'm talking about even if you don't see it.

Searcy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Old Army you're keeping bad company on this thread... They will try to beat you with their stupidity and bring you down to their level with all the experience they have.. It's the democrat agenda...
Cheetos

Earle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Guest wrote:
Old Army you're keeping bad company on this thread... They will try to beat you with their stupidity and bring you down to their level with all the experience they have.. It's the democrat agenda...
I used to associate primarily with Republicans, but I got very tired of all the lying, cheating and stealing, and bothered me to no end that all of them thought it was funny that some people were suffering in life. I never figured out what was so funny, but they just loved to use "fool" and "moron" to describe everyone that didn't agree with them. Well, they used other words, too, simply horrible words.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>lol what?! you are crazy!! lol wow.. i was kind of sure but now you just put the icing on the cake... who are those "young punks" your talking about?... barak obama was a community organizer, i'm sure you know that though by what fox news says... so do the "young punks" have the same color skin as him as well ? is that what your implying?.. those kids need hope .. everyone needs hope.. without hope then what do you have? faith? what about those who have no set faith? what do they have?.. or do you even care? and most of them have faith in the inner cities.. alot of "young punks" families are very church oriented....are you saying do not offer them hope?... let them fend for themselves?.. you my good sir are heartless... and just what free stuff are they recieving?... your saying for someone who gets pregnant when their 16 may work at subway then become manager and has a kid does not deserve that earned income tax credit or wic or financial assistance for having a kid on a low income wage to help sustain her family until she can better herself and their lives ... now if they don't want to better their lives then their must be a limit on the tax credit and a gradual decrease in assistance over years from prior births..to graduallly push them into a better way of life or limit the number of offspring they can have...but that is just my opinion...i do not agree with what the so called duggers do there in arkansas with 20 kids and counting.. what a joke imagine 2 people having 20 kids nowadays .. you tell me how their gonna pay for that ...
The "young punks" are how you referred to them a few posts back. I was using your lingo so you would know who I was talking about.
I know Obama was a community organizer which goes to my broader point that community organizers are mostly democrat. Thank you for acknowledging that. Hope without guidence is a mirage. As a Christian, I can assure you that no faith or faith in the wrong thing leaves a person ultimately with no hope. I don't want them to fend for themselves hence manditory teaching of life skills. Government money is the free stuff they recieve. Agian, that 16 yr old that becomes manager is a different person than I am speaking of. Your argument of gradually pushing them off of government assistance is far more damaging than forcing them to learn valuable life skills. If we do it your way they will have no assistance and be too ignorant to make anything of themselves. What do you do then? The Duggars were paying for that before the tv series. If you have ever seen the show you know they work their tails off and don't ask for handouts. If they want to have 50 kids they aren't hurting anyone elses finances.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>and let me ask you something.. what welfare recipiants recieve your form of welfare and do not have to work?.. unemployment? unemployment cannot be a way of life because it runs out .. now what exactly are you talking about? and how are they recieving more money? and when was the work requirement stripped ? i think it yas not been read up... and you are blaming someone or something you are blaming the democratic party how else can you take it from your point of view you've discussed here? so do not say theres not blame when your in the process of putting the blame on someone ... The world is full of fools and faint hearts; and yet everyone has courage enough to bear the misfortunes, and wisdom enough to manage the affairs, of his neighbor.
-
Benjamin Franklin
In the form of welfare I am talking about a person doesn't get welfare without working. I'm not sure where the unemployment came in but I know that it runs out so I'm not sure what your saying. As far as work requirements, I have plenty of tenants who don't work at all. Their entire source of income comes from the U.S. government. I know this because that is the only income they list on their application and they tell me they don't work. I also see how upset they get when they are becoming too successful in the governments eyes and are in danger of losing government benefits. Like I said before, welfare is the largest form of slavery known to man. It keeps people down and keeps them from succeeding. The gap is too large for most to get across so they just stay and are angry at those wanting to "take their benefits". The democrats are the slave owners. I have answered your liberal democratic demonization talking points though they were not worthy of a response.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Cheetos wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to associate primarily with Republicans, but I got very tired of all the lying, cheating and stealing, and bothered me to no end that all of them thought it was funny that some people were suffering in life. I never figured out what was so funny, but they just loved to use "fool" and "moron" to describe everyone that didn't agree with them. Well, they used other words, too, simply horrible words.
Not really Republicans, more like the old States' Rights Democratic Party (Dixiecrats).

Their 1948 Platform

We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race; the constitutional right to choose one's associates; to accept private employment without governmental interference, and to learn one's living in any lawful way. We oppose the elimination of segregation, the repeal of miscegenation statutes, the control of private employment by Federal bureaucrats called for by the misnamed civil rights program. We favor home-rule, local self-government and a minimum interference with individual rights.

We call upon all Democrats and upon all other loyal Americans who are opposed to totalitarianism at home and abroad to unite with us in ignominiously defeating Harry S. Truman, Thomas E. Dewey and every other candidate for public office who would establish a Police Nation in the United States of America.
posh

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

you know what is keeping a lot of people down is the jobs are over seas. We used to make everything here and now the rich take there companies overseas. Then there are no jobs - then we get people like you talking big about how you should work or your a big lazy dummy. The dummy is the one that don't realize there is no where near enough jobs for everybody. That is a fact. You probably have stock in a few of those companies overseas yourself. I am so sick of hearing how anyone can just get up and go out and magic magic look I got a job! People like that clearly don't know reality at all period.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
In the form of welfare I am talking about a person doesn't get welfare without working. I'm not sure where the unemployment came in but I know that it runs out so I'm not sure what your saying. As far as work requirements, I have plenty of tenants who don't work at all. Their entire source of income comes from the U.S. government. I know this because that is the only income they list on their application and they tell me they don't work. I also see how upset they get when they are becoming too successful in the governments eyes and are in danger of losing government benefits. Like I said before, welfare is the largest form of slavery known to man. It keeps people down and keeps them from succeeding. The gap is too large for most to get across so they just stay and are angry at those wanting to "take their benefits". The democrats are the slave owners. I have answered your liberal democratic demonization talking points though they were not worthy of a response.
That is too bad, because your response was not worthy of the time it took to write it.

Looks like You lost twice in one effort.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Been busy Curmudgeon, what's the thrown out the day before low down.
17.10 (12.10) NBC are reporting that there was allegedly an altercation between Lanza and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School the day before the shooting.

Officials say Lanza was involved in an argument at the school which involved himself and four other staff members. Of the four, three were murdered in the shooting spree while the fourth was not at school yesterday and is now being interviewed by federal and state investigators.---- My take on it is if the police had been involved this looney would have been sent for mental evaluation and maybe locked up. Its also speculated that he was upset because his mother was about to have him put away.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Posts #19501 &#19523 are not me, some imposter is using my name.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too bad, because your response was not worthy of the time it took to write it.
Looks like You lost twice in one effort.
Not my post.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assesment. some one else is using my user namr Post #19501 &#19523 are not me.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your assesment. some one else is using my user namr Post #19501 &#19523 are not me.
Not my post.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya this is the only thing they found of the shooters compueter!
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Not my post.
Thought something wasn't kosher.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - El Dorado, AR 3 hr why 43
babymama/daddy drama on FBI 7 hr Boner 4
For U Black Folks 8 hr Disgusted 14
C Jolley (Sep '11) 13 hr dont have one 49
Criminals 14 hr Nasty john 11
speed Thu Duck lover 22
hookers Thu PinpnHoe 41

Search the El Dorado Forum:
•••
•••