Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#19424 Dec 15, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is why are these individuals not getting the help they need? Not money, but help. Why are those who are on the government dole not required to go to classes to learn simple life skills like balancing a checkbook or how credit cards work so they don't get themselves in trouble? Why are they not required to work? I say they should work local government jobs to save the tax payers money. They are already getting benefits so no further payment would be needed. The abuse of government programs is what rubs me wrong the most. Give those who need help the help they deserve but also give them the tools they need to climb out of the hole they are in, not just money hoping they will be motivated and disciplined enough to use it to better themselves.
"those who are on the government dole"

"how credit cards work so they don't get themselves in trouble?"

How in the world is someone who is struggling to survive living off the "government dole" going to have or get a credit card ?

Redd

United States

#19425 Dec 15, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
What fkn law is on the books and what fkn law has "the Conservative leadership" tried to pass that forces you to think a certain way? I see the Liberal leadership trying to suppress free speech through political correctness.
Creationism Vs. Evolution, Abortion rights, Crazy misinterpretations of the Constitution, Republicans have a much worse track record on the economy.

Yeah that political correctness things a killer
Redd

United States

#19426 Dec 15, 2012
Helter-Skelter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you DON'T have a gun permit! You sound like a potential mass murderer like the low life baby killer Adam Lanza. Please seek psychiatric help ASAP !
Don't mistakenly think that reason rules here.
Reality Check

Watsontown, PA

#19428 Dec 15, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, there has to be changes made within Medicaid, at least to those physically capable of contributing. There are many who deserve our help though, a lot of truly sick, desperately poor people out there.
I agree. Get rid of thost that are abusing the system and, not only will those who are not getting enough help get the help they need, but those who need help that are currently getting denied will also get the help they need.
Reality Check

Watsontown, PA

#19429 Dec 15, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"those who are on the government dole"
"how credit cards work so they don't get themselves in trouble?"
How in the world is someone who is struggling to survive living off the "government dole" going to have or get a credit card ?
In today's climate, they won't. That's why they should be taught how to get their lives in order so they do what it takes on their own to get to help themselves by a host of ways. I just listed credit cards as an example. In today's climate, all we do is give them money and they blow it. Then the government says "the rich are supressing the poor so they need to pay their fair share". We give the welfare community more money and they get nicer stuff but they are no closer to being self sustaining. If anything, they are farther away because they think they realize "there is more where that came from", so they fight for that goal. Meanwhile the country is spiraling to finanacial ruin. It's not just entitlements but entitlements is a huge part of the problem.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#19430 Dec 15, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism Vs. Evolution, Abortion rights, Crazy misinterpretations of the Constitution, Republicans have a much worse track record on the economy.
Yeah that political correctness things a killer
Thanks for proving my point. There is no law on the books or being proposed that tries to tell you what to think. On the other hand, you would be all for mind control if you were in charge.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#19431 Dec 15, 2012
A San Mateo, California woman was sentenced to nine months in jail for worker's compensation fraud for faking an ankle injury. The evidence against her? She parked her car, threw her crutches down, ran into a park and had acrobatic sex with her boyfriend. Hopefully she belongs to a union and has filed a grievance.
Redd

United States

#19432 Dec 15, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point. There is no law on the books or being proposed that tries to tell you what to think. On the other hand, you would be all for mind control if you were in charge.
On the other hand, I would be the least likely to advocate mind control...just a more peaceful world, more focused on the actual problems facing our survival.
Purple Turtle

Melbourne, AR

#19437 Dec 15, 2012
Don't forget this, The principal may have had a carry permit. But schools are one of the few places it's illegal to carry. And someone with a carry permit is a law abiding person. That work out real good for the bat sheet crazy killer.
Schools need to have some staff members that can legally carry in schools. If they could then maybe this never would have happened or been a lot less..
Redd

United States

#19440 Dec 16, 2012
Odd that the Lanza kid's mother home schooled him over a dispute with the school while arming herself with a large variety of semi-automatic weapons.

Seems neighbors reported her fear of living alone and the possibility of some apocalyptic future, despite her wealth.

I wonder if she posted on Topix?
margie

Paragould, AR

#19441 Dec 16, 2012
Redd wrote:
Odd that the Lanza kid's mother home schooled him over a dispute with the school while arming herself with a large variety of semi-automatic weapons.

Seems neighbors reported her fear of living alone and the possibility of some apocalyptic future, despite her wealth.

I wonder if she posted on Topix?
Strange coincidence
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19442 Dec 16, 2012
Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHINHG! Ignorant old lady!
who's ignorant? to not know nothing is to actually know something... so who did you say was ignorant again?
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19444 Dec 16, 2012
Purple Turtle wrote:
Don't forget this, The principal may have had a carry permit. But schools are one of the few places it's illegal to carry. And someone with a carry permit is a law abiding person. That work out real good for the bat sheet crazy killer.
Schools need to have some staff members that can legally carry in schools. If they could then maybe this never would have happened or been a lot less..
your crazy arming more peoplle does not solve the problem... schools .. all schools .. need security gaurds that are trained for these types of situations and can act accordingly .. but even then .. they cannot stop someone if they rush the building with an AK 47 or AR 15 period... there are crazy people out there and things like this WILL happen again .. there is no way to stop it or slow it down unless the assault weapons ban goes into effect and get some of these semi auto weapons off the street.
Redd

United States

#19445 Dec 16, 2012
Kid may have lived his life on a computer with some demonic game of murder and torture or warped websites further promoting his inability to relate . When you isolate a immature mind from normal, everyday life you sometimes get a withdrawn, social outcast incapable of normal functioning.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19449 Dec 16, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Use the numbers that the Democratic party is throwing around. Obama and his administration claim to have it all figured out so use the numbers in their budget. I don't find it a bit funny how the election turned out. I never take my business lightly. Exactly what civil rights and liberties could we lose? Who exactly are the people like me? That sounds like stereotyping to me. I am actually interested to see if you will even take the challenge on the numbers, though I bet you won't. You will instead continue to tell me how comprehensive and factual your answers have been though you haven't given any numbers in this scenario I have asked you to explain. I really am interested to see what civil rights and liberties you come up with.
i have saw the numbers but like i said i am not a professional on the subject so i will leave the number crunching to them...we could have lost the right of bodily integrity by overturning roe vs wade.. we could have lost the freedom of assembly nationwide... and we could have lost the right of freedom from "forced labor" since romney wanted americans stacked up in bunks in so called housing facilities like the chinese workers in a company he invested in... and people like you ..are people who take all the facts and still don't want to accept them as truth .. those people... i have provided the presidents budget plan that is my numbers that's all you need
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19450 Dec 16, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
They say they can pay down the debt yet the only tax increases they have proposed (out loud and publicly) have been on those making more than $250K per year. Don't worry Barney, I know and I believe you do too that either every tax payer will eventually be choked out by these taxes OR, more likely, the Obama administration has no intention of paying the debt at all and they just used the "tax the rich" talking points to make the 90% hate the 10% and vote for Obama. It worked. Either scenario is not a good thing and completely irresponsible. If you think I'm wrong, then please use whatever numbers you like and prove me otherwise. I don't expect you to dig all the way down to the bottom of each number unless you feel you need to to make a point. All I want is a government that lives within its means and allows it's people to be as free as possible. That isn't what we have now.
before anyone should post an answer to the above mentioned questions ... some important questions should be asked and answered... what makes you think that people making under that amount will have to pay more ? how will they pay more? and how do you know that the administration has no intention on reducing the deficit? and i do not think your wrong.. i know your wrong and have proved it time and time again.
Redd

United States

#19451 Dec 16, 2012
Politics aside, you can see children in almost any community, so isolated from the norm, reaching out for any form of recognition or approval.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19452 Dec 16, 2012
Captain Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>If you have ANY common sense you know the difference between news and entertainment. FOX has news programs and entertinment programs, they even will tell you which is which. MSNBC and the other idiots pose everything as NEWS!They attempt to make the news and not just report it. Those other networks are for the weak minded kool-aid drinking cult following liberals who can't think for themselves.
all fox news is ..is entertainment.. they do not tell you which ones are entertainment... do you take everything hannity or oriely say as fact? if you do then maybe your the one with no common sense... those to consistantly impose their opinions on both of their shows.. on the oher hand... other networks do nothing of the sort.. they may say "that's my opinion" but ... you can clearly distinguish what is their opinion and what the actual news and facts are ... where as fox you cannot and are led to believe what those broadcasters and hosts want you to believe.. occasionally they let a fact slide in there but quickly switch to how to bake a cake with less calories and that favorite soda you never knew about.. lol what kind of news is that?
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19453 Dec 16, 2012
Blame game wrote:
<quoted text>I see prosperity, solid core values, a hard work ethic and outstanding morals not only in my family but in my community. In the inner cities I see democrat control, lying, stealing, cheating, murdering thugs. I see babies born out of wedlock at an astounding rate. I see welfare and no pride in the way one lives or conducts themselves. You may live that way but it doesn't mean the rest of us or the country has to. Pick yourself up by the boot straps and make something of yourself man. Stop blaming others.....
why do you automatically suggest that democrats completely control the inner cities? have you ever even been to one? and if so what leads you to believe that all of those bad things are caused by democrats? most of that crime infact.. is caused by young punks that have no political affiliation ... so which democrats are making these bad things happen? and so people having babies out of wedlock is democrats fault too? what proof do you have of that .. is joe biden going around telling young men that they must have kids without being married?... and so everyone on welfare and lack of pride is also a democrat?... how do you know this ? i look at democrats everyday that have neither of the two... some republicans liek to demonize things they know nothing about and categorize them and group them with the whole party for their own advantage..and the only one blaming others is you my friend.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19455 Dec 16, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is why are these individuals not getting the help they need? Not money, but help. Why are those who are on the government dole not required to go to classes to learn simple life skills like balancing a checkbook or how credit cards work so they don't get themselves in trouble? Why are they not required to work? I say they should work local government jobs to save the tax payers money. They are already getting benefits so no further payment would be needed. The abuse of government programs is what rubs me wrong the most. Give those who need help the help they deserve but also give them the tools they need to climb out of the hole they are in, not just money hoping they will be motivated and disciplined enough to use it to better themselves.
i'm sure they know how but had rough times.. how do you know what their situation was that got them into the mess they are in? and what do you mean why are they not required to work? for which program? unemployment or what type of welfare are you talking about?...and yah that makes sense put them in positions of power after getting into a mess themselves.. the "government" on any level is already in a mess .. so adding more troubles to the equation solves nothing... i agree that abuse of these programs are bad.. but laws have to be changed and that takes time .. especiallly when neither side is focust on the subject.. and creating more government programs to "help" those in need is not the answer either... that just means more wasteful spending.. people are either gonna learn ..or their not .. that simple.. no need to throw more money down the hole to help them... everyone that draws these checks or recieves help are grown adults.. they can either take responsibility for themselves.. or we need to set up certain entitlements that allows them a time period.. the same as unemployment.. to either better themselves or do without.. alot of people of mid to upper incomes are winding up homeless because they do not want to work for a pay cut .. well guess what .. now adays a job is a job and everyone that has one should be thankful and those who do not should not let a pay difference affect their decision to leave or join the workforce.. you have people drawing unemployment and waiting until it runs out and possibly have to sell everything because they are looking in the wrong places.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hannah Hightower March 55 min dang 5
Hotshots struggling 3 hr M A Young 37
Cute nice guy 4 hr Alexandra Bell 16
Photographers 9 hr yep 2
Hillary 4 Prison 16 hr To Fud 46
Bank Drug Policies? 17 hr EldoMasterBlaster 26
relationships 22 hr Hillary 4 Prison 7

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance