Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Lake Villa, IL

#31757 Aug 4, 2014
Sorry about the inflammatory remarks, I'd say it was due to my "selflessness".Ill post elsewhere,
Go to lunch and forget about it...

Lake Villa, IL

#31758 Aug 4, 2014
History

The abbreviation lunch, in use from 1823,[1] is taken from the more formal luncheon, which the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) reports from 1580 as describing a meal that was inserted between more substantial meals.

Lake Villa, IL

#31759 Aug 4, 2014
I'm assuming that there is some sort of filter between this and the public ,an arena enclosed somehow,this would explain the total lack of response to my postings under other topix,)

All the above is to be considered as fiction.
Jethro

United States

#31760 Aug 4, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I could worry about the sun not coming up the morning too, but I don't.
As a U.S. citizen I find the chances of coming in contact with an animal or persons' blood or bodily fluids with the Ebola virus to be highly unlikely.
DUH! Now where'd that rascal go?
Uncle Jed

United States

#31762 Aug 4, 2014
Wheeeeel Doggies, jethro!
You knowed that rascally DUH goes whar all of them thar Barney's kin folks go. Away fer a while, and then show back up when that dumb Barney needs 'em . Pert near like clock work fer that old dummy Barney!
Now let's git on down to the cement pond and leave that thar Barney alone fer a while so he can thank abouts what a good job his demokrats are a doin fer America!

Lake Villa, IL

#31763 Aug 4, 2014
What's the governors name?

Well everybody's building that boats
Some are building monuments, others jotting down notes
Well everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna jump for joy

Oh come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within

Oh you know I like to do just like the rest you know I like my sugar sweet
But jumping fumes and making haste you know it ain't my a cup of meat
Well everybody's out there feeding a pigeons all under the limb
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here the pigeons gonna run to him

Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

A cat's meow and a cow's moo to you know I, I could recite them all
Tell me where it hurts you, honey and I'll tell you who to call
Nobody can get asleep, there's someone on everybody's toes
Quinn the Eskimo gets here everybody's gonna want to doze

Oh come all without yeah, come all within

Read more: Bob Dylan - Mighty Quinn Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Lake Villa, IL

#31766 Aug 4, 2014
Wot cha thn bout kwin boys?

Lake Villa, IL

#31767 Aug 4, 2014
Dalí painted two original versions of this painting spanning from 1974 – 1976, which are similar but not exactly the same. The first resides in the Museum in Figueras, Spain. The second resides in the permanent collection of The Salvador Dalí Museum in Saint Petersburg, Florida.This painting is the basis for the Lincoln in Dalivision lithograph. Prior to the acquisition by The Salvador Dalí Museum, the painting resided in Japan.

When I visited my father in the early 80's I passed by the museum many times, I remember the marijuana leaves painted on the coast guard boats ,later ,I joked to my wife,(the one that passed away) about how the st petersburg pier reminded me of her, coconuts lounge in the middle with an observation deck on top.

Now "Lincoln in Dalivision " the caricature at the bottom right is of my last wife.

Lake Villa, IL

#31768 Aug 4, 2014
She is depicted in many of his paintings..might want take ya a look see.
Guest from Obamaland

Yellville, AR

#31769 Aug 4, 2014
guest wrote:
I can hear them now "It'll make our boss happy" ( not God)
Just what kind of nut case are you ?
Why are you posting this BS here?
Is it that as a fairy with nothing to when your Mommy leaves,the computer that you surf the internet so you can screw up threads?
Maybe if your long lost Daddy shows up then he can play with you and build a tinker toy car.

Lake Villa, IL

#31770 Aug 4, 2014
Sargent Schultz

I see nothing, and I know nothing!(Schultz's common response.)

I see nothing, I wasn't here, I didn't even wake up this morning!

Helga-Baby!

In war, I do not like to take sides!

Lake Villa, IL

#31771 Aug 4, 2014
Sorry ,just jotting down random thoughts as they come to mind.

Lake Villa, IL

#31772 Aug 4, 2014
I liked Marshall Fields , you?

Lake Villa, IL

#31773 Aug 4, 2014
Marshall Field's
Department store company
Marshall Field & Company, commonly known as Marshall Field’s, was an upscale department store in Chicago, Illinois, that grew to become a major chain before being acquired by Macy's, Inc., on August 30, 2005. Wikipedia
Founder: Marshall Field
Founded: 1852

Lake Villa, IL

#31774 Aug 4, 2014
I still got me sum of dos frango s when I kin
Frango mints are a brand of chocolate truffles first created for the Frederick & Nelson department stores. Traditionally flavored with mint and widely popularized by the Marshall Field and Company department store, they are now produced and distributed by Macy's department stores. Frango is also the brand name of a line of various other related food products.
Historically associated with the Midwestern and Pacific Northwest regions of the United States, the candy is sold in various outlets throughout the country. Frangos were created by Seattle, Washington's Frederick & Nelson department store in 1918; the company and Frango trademarks were both acquired by Chicago's Marshall Field's department store, which introduced its recipe in 1929.For many years, Frango mints were produced in large melting pots on the 13th floor of the flagship Marshall Field's store on State Street.
13th floor 14th floor 1314 looks like 117 to me.,coincidence too uh kind of upside down though.
1918 too ,cayce says 98 the priest must reappear ..

Lake Villa, IL

#31775 Aug 4, 2014
I think the kaiser was good ,against the war,the fuehrer was from Austria ,

Ya ever see this,might influence votes somehow?
Box 3

1. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Grady, 1944-1946 (box no. 2525).
2. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Harrisburg, 1944-1946 (box no. 2507).
3. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Hughes, 1944-1946 (box no. 2525).
4. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Jonesboro, 1944-1946 (box no. 2525).
5. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Keiser, 1944-1946 (box no. 2525).
6. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Knobel, 1944-1945 (box no. 2507).
7. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Luxora, 1944-1946 (box no. 2508).
8. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Marked Tree, 1944-1946 (box no. 2525).
9. Labor Reports, Camp Joseph T. Robinson POW Branch Camp Murfreesboro, 1944-1945 (box no. 2508).

Box 4

Lake Villa, IL

#31776 Aug 4, 2014
I am in the Luxora forum right?

Lake Villa, IL

#31777 Aug 4, 2014
Guest from obamaland ,this is about votes right?

Lake Villa, IL

#31778 Aug 4, 2014
Crowned in 1888, he dismissed the Chancellor, Otto von Bismarck, in 1890 and launched Germany on a bellicose "New Course" in foreign affairs that culminated in his support for Austria-Hungary in the crisis of July 1914 that led to the First World War. Bombastic and impetuous, he sometimes made tactless pronouncements on sensitive topics without consulting his ministers, culminating in a disastrous Daily Telegraph interview that cost him most of his power in 1908. His top generals, Paul von Hindenburg and Erich Ludendorff, dictated policy during the First World War with little regard for the civilian government. An ineffective war leader, he lost the support of the army, abdicated in November 1918, and fled to exile in the Netherlands.

Yup gone before the war

Lake Villa, IL

#31779 Aug 4, 2014
There is a kaiser st in luxora isn't there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visiting El Dorado briefly 8 hr Randall Goodman 1
Mama June not to hot 12 hr Uncle Cracker 1
Nostalgic El Dorado (May '08) 13 hr well 944
possession of firearm by certain person (Nov '11) Feb 11 chuckem 14
Global Business Institute - Feb. 8? Feb 7 Peter Greenberg Jr 3
Is a Junior College President worth $192,292 a ... Feb 1 Genisis 10
Understanding teen slang Jan 30 I call troll 9

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance