6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30863 Jun 29, 2014
Nothing personal Barney but "You're a person of rare intelligence. It's rare when you show any."
Speller Feller

Conway, AR

#30864 Jun 29, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats up with all "proof", you thinking no one is putting much stock in your opinions and you are trying really, really, hard to prove yourself?
Good you should.
LMAO- you would not have known Nostradamus was his Latinised title if I had not told you he was French.
Nice try though.
Would you like to talk about those worthless sanctions that had Putin, what is you said, "shaking in his boots" you should, apparently you were correct, trouble is you didn't know it at the time..........
You cry and whine about fact/opinion, wailing that you are a discerner of the two, all the while, offering some sort of news link seething with jaded, liberal lunacy, with comments and stupidity that is virtually verbatim with what drips from your very words, that what else can one do but accommodate your fact/opinion demands?
Your posts are factual proof you are an idiot. The link you shared was the epitome if the stupidness for which you proclaim. Talk about jaded opinion that only a liberal buffoon would attempt to proclaim as 'fact', was that pitiful link you offered as 'proof'!
Obamas sanctions and threats of such were as worthless as your rants and demands they 'worked'!
Further research will expose the 'sanctions' and the root cause/outcome have nothing to do with Obama, nor the United States.
And this last worthless 'threat' of sanctions were never going to happen.
Obamas own advisors had told him his 'sanctions' would only hurt the US economy.
Obama was showboating as always, for the likes of you and that ridiculous narrow-minded group of blinded idiots that believe what he says.
You see, your opinionated 'news' that you offer as 'fact'(with this last link as perfect example) only validates what is already known...the fact that your words prove you to be an idiot, and your mind is incapable of realizing anything but what tickles your ear.
A new President in the Ukraine that refused to back down to Putin is the only thing that allowed that agreement to be signed, not sanctions, not Obama, and certainly not the presence and muscle of the United States there.
Whether Putin retaliates, whether the financial/commerce agreement that the three countries collectively signed will benefit the people remain to be seen and only time will tell.
But the idea that Obama and his 'sanctions' were the result in the outcome is laughable...like you!

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#30865 Jun 29, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really funny is that the whole statement was satirical and the poster lived in the Netherlands for years and that the people of that country have their own language. You were not being personally attacked, everyone attacks you. You're kind of an idiot
Indeed they do have their own language, as I said the majority speak German smaller portion speak French.
Having lived there, I would think you would have know that.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30866 Jun 30, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they do have their own language, as I said the majority speak German smaller portion speak French.
Having lived there, I would think you would have know that.
Having lived there, I know they have their own language, it is a mixture of German, French and I cannot remember what is spoken in Belgiumm, but it is their own language. Get that school kid to do some more Googling, it probably says that the language is a mixture, the majority German, with some French, not that the majority of the people speak German. All of this typing because you were to dumb to understand satire.

Rogers, AR

#30867 Jun 30, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Having lived there, I know they have their own language, it is a mixture of German, French and I cannot remember what is spoken in Belgiumm, but it is their own language. Get that school kid to do some more Googling, it probably says that the language is a mixture, the majority German, with some French, not that the majority of the people speak German. All of this typing because you were to dumb to understand satire.
not to bright for a person that claims to have lived their..........Dutch German French are the Official Languages of the country
aaa

Bloomfield, MO

#30868 Jun 30, 2014
Rick wrote:
Looks like Blanche Lincoln lives to fight another day. Did you vote in the June 8 election?
yep
Barney strikes out

United States

#30869 Jun 30, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> not to bright for a person that claims to have lived their..........Dutch German French are the Official Languages of the country
Not TOO bright for an idiot trying to be a smart ass guru, THERE, are you Barney?
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30870 Jul 1, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> not to bright for a person that claims to have lived their..........Dutch German French are the Official Languages of the country
Yes and my computer technician is from the Netherlands and agrees with me. I don't tell you how to fry hamburgers or dump grease, you shouldn't be telling about economics or governmental affairs. We both have our areas of expertise, I couldn't clean a shake machine to save my life, you can't talk like an adult, we both have our crosses to bare.

Kansas City Ks.

#30871 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really funny is that the whole statement was satirical and the poster lived in the Netherlands for years and that the people of that country have their own language. You were not being personally attacked, everyone attacks you. You're kind of an idiot
If you would care to reread the post, you will see I was questioning the poster's use of the phrase "personal attack" . I seen no personal attack in the post they were referring to.

Kansas City Ks.

#30872 Jul 1, 2014
Barney strikes out wrote:
<quoted text>
Not TOO bright for an idiot trying to be a smart ass guru, THERE, are you Barney?
LMFAO- You might want to look at the name on that post again, it was not Barney.

The person who post as Barney did not post it either.

Kansas City Ks.

#30873 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really funny is that the whole statement was satirical and the poster lived in the Netherlands for years and that the people of that country have their own language. You were not being personally attacked, everyone attacks you. You're kind of an idiot.
Would you please be so kind as to direct me to the post you labeled "satirical".
Then if it is not asking too much, please explain why you believe it is.

Kansas City Ks.

#30874 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and my computer technician is from the Netherlands and agrees with me. I don't tell you how to fry hamburgers or dump grease, you shouldn't be telling about economics or governmental affairs. We both have our areas of expertise, I couldn't clean a shake machine to save my life, you can't talk like an adult, we both have our crosses to bare.
Honestly . in my opinion judging from your post your area of "expertise is condescending persona juvenile comments. The above is a perfect example.

When one is lacking any insight into the matter being discussed , but has a overwhelming desire to be noticed, or more likely, felling inferior because of previous mistakes corrected by myself and others the only recourse you are capable of is to issues subjective condescending personal remarks at any opportunity.

I must say one who thinks a passage written in French is Dutch really should refrain from passing judgment on any ones intellect.

The part where you said the poster could have saved his last paragraph, it might interest you to know what was written in french was the interpretation of what he/she had posted in English directly above it.

Kansas City Ks.

#30875 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWWWWWW now you and your IT person have both lived in the Kingdom of the
Netherlands.

Interesting!

Really, I must ask, WTF does "economics and governmental affairs" have to do with languages spoke in the Netherlands?

Kansas City Ks.

#30876 Jul 1, 2014
Guest wrote:
Not quite sure what you were getting at here, but it sure seems feasible to me since one of the so called "Official Languages is German, would it not stand to reason as i said,' the majority of the people speak German?

Kansas City Ks.

#30877 Jul 1, 2014
Dutch is a West Germanic language and the native language of most of the population of the Netherlands, and about sixty percent of the populations of Belgium and Suriname, the three member states of the Dutch Language Union.

Most speakers live in the European Union,(which contain 27 states besides the Netherlands) where it is a first language for about 23 million and a second language for another 5 million people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_language

he Germanic languages are a branch of the Indo-European language family spoken by a sizable population in Western Europe, North America, and Australasia, estimated to be nearly 600 million. The common ancestor of all of the languages in this branch is called Proto-Germanic (also known as Common Germanic), which was spoken in approximately the middle-1st millennium BC in Iron Age northern Europe. Proto-Germanic, along with all of its descendants, is characterized by a number of unique linguistic features, most famously the consonant change known as Grimm's law. Early varieties of Germanic enter history with the Germanic tribes moving south from northern Europe in the 2nd century BC, to settle in north-central Europe.
Speller Feller

Conway, AR

#30878 Jul 1, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
Dutch is a West Germanic language and the native language of most of the population of the Netherlands, and about sixty percent of the populations of Belgium and Suriname, the three member states of the Dutch Language Union.
Most speakers live in the European Union,(which contain 27 states besides the Netherlands) where it is a first language for about 23 million and a second language for another 5 million people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_language
he Germanic languages are a branch of the Indo-European language family spoken by a sizable population in Western Europe, North America, and Australasia, estimated to be nearly 600 million. The common ancestor of all of the languages in this branch is called Proto-Germanic (also known as Common Germanic), which was spoken in approximately the middle-1st millennium BC in Iron Age northern Europe. Proto-Germanic, along with all of its descendants, is characterized by a number of unique linguistic features, most famously the consonant change known as Grimm's law. Early varieties of Germanic enter history with the Germanic tribes moving south from northern Europe in the 2nd century BC, to settle in north-central Europe.
And we have a desperate Barney, further proving with this string of incoherent rants of mumbo jumbo that he is an idiot! An idiot without a cause!

After all of your political bombs, it's probably best you stick to rants like this over pure nonsense...with your questions of 'Why','Show Me','Where','When','How'???
You tanked months ago...passed desperate and pathetic before that.
Rock bottom doesn't begin to cover how far down your ramblings are!!
Read the NEWS headlines, idiot.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30879 Jul 1, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWWWWWW now you and your IT person have both lived in the Kingdom of the
Netherlands.
Interesting!
Really, I must ask, WTF does "economics and governmental affairs" have to do with languages spoke in the Netherlands?
You stick to what you know about (short order cooking) and I'll do the rest. That was simple, you really didn't understand it?

Dutch ( Nederlands ) is a West Germanic language and the native language of most of the population of the Netherlands, and about sixty percent of the populations of Belgium and Suriname, the three member states of the Dutch Language Union. Most speakers live in the European Union, where it is a first language for about 23 million and a second language for another 5 million people.[1][2][5][3]

Dutch is closely related to German and English[n 5] and is said to be between them.[n 6] Dutch shares with German a similar word order, having a grammatical gender, and a largely Germanic vocabulary, it has however —like English— not undergone the High German consonant shift, has mostly abandoned the grammatical case system, does not use Germanic umlaut as a grammatical marker, and has levelled much of its morphology.[n 7] Dutch has three grammatical genders,[6] but this distinction has fewer grammatical consequences than in German.[n 8] Dutch also shares with German the use of Modal particles[7], Final-obstruent devoicing, and the use of subject–verb–object word order in main clauses and subject–object–verb in subordinate clauses[n 9] The view about mutual intelligibility between Dutch and German varies.[8][9] Dutch vocabulary is mostly Germanic and contains the same Germanic core as German and English, while incorporating more Romance loans than German and fewer than English.[n 10]
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30880 Jul 1, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly . in my opinion judging from your post your area of "expertise is condescending persona juvenile comments. The above is a perfect example.
When one is lacking any insight into the matter being discussed , but has a overwhelming desire to be noticed, or more likely, felling inferior because of previous mistakes corrected by myself and others the only recourse you are capable of is to issues subjective condescending personal remarks at any opportunity.
I must say one who thinks a passage written in French is Dutch really should refrain from passing judgment on any ones intellect.
The part where you said the poster could have saved his last paragraph, it might interest you to know what was written in french was the interpretation of what he/she had posted in English directly above it.
When a supposed adult (you) constantly acts as a juvenile, you get spoken to as a juvenile. Hundreds have tried to treat you as an adult but to no avail, you can't carry on a civilized conversation with anyone who disagrees with you.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30881 Jul 1, 2014
Barney, you neglected to include the part of wiki that says that Dutch is closely related to German and English, a common fault, only pasting the parts that support your point. The Germanic languages include some 58 (SIL estimate) languages and dialects that originated in Europe; this language family is a part of the Indo-European language family. Each subfamily in this list contains subgroups and individual languages. I guess none of those languages because you don't understand the definition of a language.

Kansas City Ks.

#30882 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
Barney, you neglected to include the part of wiki that says that Dutch is closely related to German and English, a common fault, only pasting the parts that support your point. The Germanic languages include some 58 (SIL estimate) languages and dialects that originated in Europe; this language family is a part of the Indo-European language family. Each subfamily in this list contains subgroups and individual languages. I guess none of those languages because you don't understand the definition of a language

Then that certainly stands to reason why the majority of the Netherlands people speak German don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sewage ridden town 5 min Hahahahahahaba 12
El Dorado News-Times Blunders 10 min Michael Hogg 16
Murphy Arts District open house 11 min U R Wrong 19
Jello wrestling 14 min U R Wrong 23
Coroner Records public? 17 min Ken 11
Hotshots girls 19 min Dr Twink let its 8
News Murphy USA Inc. (MUSA) Upgraded at Zacks Invest... 46 min Barbie 2

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance