Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#30388 Apr 26, 2014
Reaity Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know what an editorial page is. Lets do a little experiment shall we? How do you feel about this editorial?
http://home.conservativepartyusa.org/obama-li...
"this editorial"

OMG, ROF-LMFAO, what editorial ?

That was a solicitation for donations for a group named , CONSERVATIVE PARTY USA.

I will not send them a damn penny, that ultimately sums up my feelings on the post.

Kansas City Ks.

#30389 Apr 26, 2014
Reaity Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know what an editorial page is. Lets do a little experiment shall we? How do you feel about this editorial?
http://home.conservativepartyusa.org/obama-li...
That was not even and op-ed piece either, FYI - you can find those printed on the page opposite the editorial page in a newspaper, devoted to commentary, feature articles, etc.

Hows that "experiment" thing working for you?
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#30390 Apr 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not even and op-ed piece either, FYI - you can find those printed on the page opposite the editorial page in a newspaper, devoted to commentary, feature articles, etc.
Not sure what "that" you are talking about not being an op-ed. I know the example I gave was an editorial so you must be talking about the article you referenced but it was an editorial as well. May be it's you that doesn't know the difference. Since my subject knows the end result and is avoiding participating, not so good. But we all know if you actually participated in the "experiment" that I would, as I usually do. I would back you into a corner where you would have no liberal option except to ignore me and pretend the conversation never took place.
Joker Jedi

Salem, AR

#30391 Apr 26, 2014
This election needs to hurry up

Jonesboro, AR

#30392 Apr 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"this editorial"
OMG, ROF-LMFAO, what editorial ?
That was a solicitation for donations for a group named , CONSERVATIVE PARTY USA.
I will not send them a damn penny, that ultimately sums up my feelings on the post.
Based on your productivity if you were to donate it would either be food stamps or free phone minutes.

United States

#30394 Apr 26, 2014
They're also horrible liars. Please find a new occupation because you suck at this one.
Yes sir

United States

#30395 Apr 26, 2014
I voted
Topic

United States

#30396 Apr 26, 2014
I voted
speller feller

Conway, AR

#30397 Apr 26, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-responds-threat-...

How's your theory that sanctions still have Putin shaking in his boots working out for you?

Kansas City Ks.

#30398 Apr 27, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what "that" you are talking about not being an op-ed. I know the example I gave was an editorial so you must be talking about the article you referenced but it was an editorial as well. May be it's you that doesn't know the difference. Since my subject knows the end result and is avoiding participating, not so good. But we all know if you actually participated in the "experiment" that I would, as I usually do. I would back you into a corner where you would have no liberal option except to ignore me and pretend the conversation never took place.

ed·i·to·ri·al
&#716;edi&#712;tôr &#275;&#601;l/Submit
adjective

a newspaper article written by or on behalf of an editor that gives an opinion on a topical issue.

https://www.google.com/#q=define+editorial

Kansas City Ks.

#30399 Apr 27, 2014
speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-responds-threat-...
How's your theory that sanctions still have Putin shaking in his boots working out for you?
http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/201... +(Internal+-+Latest+News+-+Tex t)

Kansas City Ks.

#30400 Apr 27, 2014
T PETERSBURG, April 24 (Reuters)- Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that sanctions were hurting the Russian economy but that the damage was not critical.

"Overall they are causing (damage), because (credit) ratings are being reviewed, loans could become more expensive and so forth. But this is of no critical character," Putin said of sanctions imposed over Russia's annexation of Crimea.

Putin also condemned the use of sanctions as an instrument of interstate policy on Thursday, saying they damage all concerned and reflect badly on those who impose them.

"Overall they are harmful for everyone, they destroy the global economy (and) are dishonourable on the part of those who use those types of tools," Putin said.(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Alessandra Prentice, Lidia Kelly, editing by Nigel Stephenson)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/24/puti...

Kansas City Ks.

#30401 Apr 27, 2014
Things in Russia are humming right a long,

Signs of Russia’s growing economic distress became even clearer today, as the central bank unexpectedly raised interest rates for the second time since March, while Standard & Poor’s cut the country’s debt rating to one notch above junk.

In lifting the benchmark borrowing rate from 7 percent to 7.5 percent, the bank said it was acting to cool inflation that’s now running above 7 percent. But, says economist Tim Ash of Standard Bank in London,“it has nothing to do with inflation. It’s all about signaling that the central bank is shoring up its defenses” to strengthen the ruble and stem the flight of capital from the country.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-...
Blaggard

Roland, OK

#30402 Apr 27, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/201... +(Internal+-+Latest+News+-+Tex t)
Apples and oranges. The difference as has been repeatedly said is that PUTIN doesnt care about the people. Nobody has ever said that the people of Russia werent suffering, they have said that Putin is unfettered by them. And go ahead and make your nonsensical comments about me being friends with putin even though my opinion is shared by most of the english speaking world (including members of the Obama administration). I noticed you pretended that the story I posted the other day that OUR GOVERNMENT is still paying some of the "targets" of the sanctions. Your own last comment that you copy and pasted from Huffingto Post quotes Putin as saying "Overall they are causing (damage), because (credit) ratings are being reviewed, loans could become more expensive and so forth. But this is of no critical character" Meaning they are nothing more than an annoyance. The point is that they still have done nothing to deter Putin in fact many say they have emboldened Putin. Poor Poor stupid Barney you paste things as evidence of your position that prove the opposite.
Blaggard

Roland, OK

#30403 Apr 27, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
Things in Russia are humming right a long,
Signs of Russia’s growing economic distress became even clearer today, as the central bank unexpectedly raised interest rates for the second time since March, while Standard & Poor’s cut the country’s debt rating to one notch above junk.
In lifting the benchmark borrowing rate from 7 percent to 7.5 percent, the bank said it was acting to cool inflation that’s now running above 7 percent. But, says economist Tim Ash of Standard Bank in London,“it has nothing to do with inflation. It’s all about signaling that the central bank is shoring up its defenses” to strengthen the ruble and stem the flight of capital from the country.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-...
Good heavens are you really that stupid???? Did you even READ the title of the article?
" Even Without Sanctions, Russia's Economy Is Looking Sicklier Than Ever"
The point of the article (since you clearly missed it) is that the Russian economy was in the toilet BEFORE the sanctions and they would not be in a substinatively different position if they had never been sanctioned. Gosh I LOVE IT when you post thing that prove YOU are wrong and its just a bonus that you make a complete ASS out of yourself doing it. Now to get back on point AGAIN because you cant seem to keep your idiocy on the same subject...No one has said the sanctions didnt damage the russian economy they have said that Putin is not deterred by the sanctions a someone pointed out for you here.(again since you CLEARLY missed it)
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-responds-threat-... but he best of all is this one http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/puti... where Obama hiself admits the sanctions are doing nothing to deter Putin and that even HE doesnt think the next round will serve to deter him ether. You lost this debate a month ago and yet you keep making an ass out of your self defending your position. you have the "dont confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up" attitude and it make you look like a blundering fool, much to our amusement.

Kansas City Ks.

#30404 Apr 27, 2014
Blaggard wrote:
<quoted text>
Good heavens are you really that stupid???? Did you even READ the title of the article?
" Even Without Sanctions, Russia's Economy Is Looking Sicklier Than Ever"
The point of the article (since you clearly missed it) is that the Russian economy was in the toilet BEFORE the sanctions and they would not be in a substinatively different position if they had never been sanctioned. Gosh I LOVE IT when you post thing that prove YOU are wrong and its just a bonus that you make a complete ASS out of yourself doing it. Now to get back on point AGAIN because you cant seem to keep your idiocy on the same subject...No one has said the sanctions didnt damage the russian economy they have said that Putin is not deterred by the sanctions a someone pointed out for you here.(again since you CLEARLY missed it)
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-responds-threat-... but he best of all is this one http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/puti... where Obama hiself admits the sanctions are doing nothing to deter Putin and that even HE doesnt think the next round will serve to deter him ether. You lost this debate a month ago and yet you keep making an ass out of your self defending your position. you have the "dont confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up" attitude and it make you look like a blundering fool, much to our amusement.
Here is something for you think about, it is a bit forward thinking so the odds of you grasping the idea are some where between slim and none, But i'll give it a shot anyway.

I understand the Russian economy was lacking before sanctions, I also understand that putting sanctions on and already struggling economy is not going to expedite it to recovery.

I would say. it could very well expedite the demise of the Russian economy completely.

Lastly, as I have said all along, the sanctions are having and effect.

Your subjective opinion of the personal effect, it is, or is not, having on Putin is simply that, and opinion!

BTW- Just what hast stopped Putin from invading the rest of the Ukraine? safe to say we can rule out sanctions, don't you think?

Obviously you do not!
Blaggard

Roland, OK

#30405 Apr 27, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something for you think about, it is a bit forward thinking so the odds of you grasping the idea are some where between slim and none, But i'll give it a shot anyway.
I understand the Russian economy was lacking before sanctions, I also understand that putting sanctions on and already struggling economy is not going to expedite it to recovery.
I would say. it could very well expedite the demise of the Russian economy completely.
Your subjective opinion of the personal effect, it is, or is not, having on Putin is simply that, and opinion!
BTW- Just what hast stopped Putin from invading the rest of the Ukraine? safe to say we can rule out sanctions, don't you think?
Obviously you do not!
First of all it is having AN effect not AND effect and dont say it was just a typo because you use it wrong all the time. Yes I do think we can rule out sanctions as what has kept Putin from invading Ukraine it is you who argue that they are effective stupid. There you go trying to change sides of the arguement again. It makes me giggle that you say "obviously you do not" when you are the one who has been arguing that side . In the end you just twist what you have said anyway you havent been saying the sanctions are "having an effect" you have been saying that Putin is scared and worried and that they would serve to deter him. Even Obama disagrees with you moron but that wont stop you from repeating you stupidity to the point of minutia. Please keep posting because every time you do you prove how right I am and how ignorant you are.
Blaggard

Roland, OK

#30406 Apr 27, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you do not!
By The Way it is not just my opinion it is the opinion of most of the world INCLUDING OBAMA

Kansas City Ks.

#30407 Apr 27, 2014
Blaggard wrote:
<quoted text>
By The Way it is not just my opinion it is the opinion of most of the world INCLUDING OBAMA
As I said, its still and opinion, that and a dollar will get you a cup of free coffee.

Kansas City Ks.

#30408 Apr 27, 2014
Blaggard wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not go as far as to say President Obama thinks the sanctions has had " no effect", quite the contrary actually, he has seen the effectiveness of the previous sanctions, therefore asking for more extreme sanctions applying more pressure to Putin.

Putin has recently acknowledged the sanctions,

Obama has said in essence, now that we have your attention, look at what were about to do to the biggest revenue producing export you posses..........

Natural Gas an Oil.........

Guess we will see just how big of balls Mr. Putin has, won't we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
123 52 min clarkcentz 7
Developments in the Steven Wade Miller case. (Jul '15) 54 min JGoode 56
Karma 54 min downtown 9
Topix Hacked. We know who you are. 57 min clarkcentz 12
Republicants 1 hr clarkcentz 10
Construction 4 hr WhiteyRich 31
East main baptist church: Luke warm Christians ... (Feb '11) 4 hr Self rightous Bas... 10

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages