6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Exactly

Oklahoma City, OK

#29759 Mar 15, 2014
YES! RC, Barney's remark is exactly like a Nancy Pelosi remark!! Full of pure stupid!
Barney? Can you even believe you said something just this stupid!?!
I mean, I can believe it, but how bout you?
Jennifer

Jonesboro, AR

#29760 Mar 16, 2014
Realty Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same thing as "We have to pass it to know what's in it"?
Not quite the same as giving Barney a laxative, he doesn't have to pass it to know what's in him.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29761 Mar 16, 2014
Realty Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same thing as "We have to pass it to know what's in it"?
NO, that is the same thing as, seeing if enough people bought insurance to make the law feasible.

And that will not be know till after open enrollment is over.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29762 Mar 16, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, that is the same thing as, seeing if enough people bought insurance to make the law feasible.
And that will not be know till after open enrollment is over.

Ok, we'll wait for the open enrollment to end. I just wonder what excuse you will use to defend the law after that date.
wow

Madison, TN

#29764 Mar 16, 2014
Yes!

Little Rock, AR

#29765 Mar 17, 2014
Who is running?
The answer is

United States

#29767 Mar 17, 2014
Old Barney already knows the answers to these questions. That's why he shut up and disappeared on this topic. He knows, like we all know, the disastrous outcome waiting America!

Location hidden

#29768 Mar 18, 2014
The answer is wrote:
Old Barney already knows the answers to these questions. That's why he shut up and disappeared on this topic. He knows, like we all know, the disastrous outcome waiting America!
How do we know this?

If you posses some device that you believe predicts the future, I would not put to much faith in it.

Because when it told you "old Barney" knows the answers to these questions, it was wrong!

Location hidden

#29769 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, we'll wait for the open enrollment to end. I just wonder what excuse you will use to defend the law after that date.

Probably, it would sound something like this.

It looks like President Obama was right, there are enough participants to make the ACH feasible after all.
Monique

United States

#29770 Mar 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like President Obama was right, there are enough participants to make the ACH feasible after all.
At considerably more cost and loss of benefits to those who were already paying. But as you have indicated for years, if you are getting more than your fair share, the hell with the others.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29771 Mar 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget that most of Obama's "participants" signed up under Medicaid making them non-participants. Do you really think the rest of the signup numbers are high enough to float this monstrosity? Just using common sense, the most exciting time of any program is when it's new and fresh. That's when the most people jump on board. Strictly by the numbers being reported, there are 5 million "signed up". That constitutes 1.56% of the population of this country. As this law becomes old news, the numbers of new signups will slow down. Not to mention the new tidbit found buried in the law last week that has an exemption clause for individuals who experience hardships in life. Now the administration has expanded that clause to basically let anyone who wants out of the law or the penalties for not having insurance get out by claiming undue hardships. That is the proverbial "death nail" in this law's coffin. It appears as though the pendulum has swung as far left as it can go in America this time around. Barring any lying and dishonest manipulation from the left, it's time for it to swing to the right, hopefully the conservative right. At least I hope so.

Location hidden

#29773 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget that most of Obama's "participants" signed up under Medicaid making them non-participants. Do you really think the rest of the signup numbers are high enough to float this monstrosity? Just using common sense, the most exciting time of any program is when it's new and fresh. That's when the most people jump on board. Strictly by the numbers being reported, there are 5 million "signed up". That constitutes 1.56% of the population of this country. As this law becomes old news, the numbers of new signups will slow down. Not to mention the new tidbit found buried in the law last week that has an exemption clause for individuals who experience hardships in life. Now the administration has expanded that clause to basically let anyone who wants out of the law or the penalties for not having insurance get out by claiming undue hardships. That is the proverbial "death nail" in this law's coffin. It appears as though the pendulum has swung as far left as it can go in America this time around. Barring any lying and dishonest manipulation from the left, it's time for it to swing to the right, hopefully the conservative right. At least I hope so.
Yep, I do.

Location hidden

#29774 Mar 18, 2014
Rupert B Jigglebottom Jr wrote:
<quoted text> it is my understanding that fry cook Barney did apply for health insurance under the low income medicaid program and because of his preexisting medical condition of being bipolar with double hernias and incurable STDs we taxpayers will be on the hook for meds, counseling and Long term SSI.
I am humbled and ever so thankful by your generosity, thank you so very much.

Love, Barney

Location hidden

#29775 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW,

Common sense also tells me when some one is required to pay for something they will will wait till the dead line to do it .

Ever been in a city on April 15th and wonder what all those lines were about at the Post Office?

Location hidden

#29776 Mar 18, 2014
Rupert B Jigglebottom Jr wrote:
<quoted text> it is my understanding that fry cook Barney did apply for health insurance under the low income medicaid program and because of his preexisting medical condition of being bipolar with double hernias and incurable STDs we taxpayers will be on the hook for meds, counseling and Long term SSI.
Oh yeah Rupe, I all most forgot to tell ya, in a show of appreciation for your generosity, i'm working on a growth hormone for Mental Midgets.

I knew you would be excited !

Location hidden

#29777 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2014/...
Monique

Jonesboro, AR

#29779 Mar 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW,
Common sense also tells me when some one is required to pay for something they will will wait till the dead line to do it .
Ever been in a city on April 15th and wonder what all those lines were about at the Post Office?
Actually, when it comes to necessities, I seem to want to get into it as soon as impossibly can, if I can wait a year to have insurance I would still want to get the policy as soon as possible, I might get sick or have an accident.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29780 Mar 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW,
Insurance doesn't work like income taxes. They don't say " hey, just fill out all the paper work today and just pay us within 8 months and we'll be good." Besides, if healthcare is SO important to Americans as Obama claims it is, who would want to do without for so long? I mean, since it's so important, people would want to pay as soon as they could so they wouldn't go a day without coverage right? Like I said, we'll wait on March 31 and then a week or so after that for the administration to figure out the numbers to see what excuse you come up with then. I'm sure they can do it even though they have no idea how many have paid to this point, and it's been only 3 years since it became law of the land. I'm sure everything will become magically clear April 1 (Boy, isn't that date ironic?).
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29781 Mar 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
If Aetna knows how many have paid, why doesn't the administration? I think the answer can be found in that very article:

"In 2014, Bertolini said Aetna would lose money on business from the exchanges."

What do you think the federal government deals in? The exchanges. Most of those that love big government want free stuff so they are signing up on Medicaid and that's why no payment numbers are being released and not because there is a "delay" between signup and payment.

I find it funny how liberals HATE companies that make huge profits unless they are making profits for liberal ideologies such as government run healthcare. Somewhat hypocritical don't you think Barney?

Location hidden

#29782 Mar 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If Aetna knows how many have paid, why doesn't the administration? I think the answer can be found in that very article:
"In 2014, Bertolini said Aetna would lose money on business from the exchanges."
What do you think the federal government deals in? The exchanges. Most of those that love big government want free stuff so they are signing up on Medicaid and that's why no payment numbers are being released and not because there is a "delay" between signup and payment.
I find it funny how liberals HATE companies that make huge profits unless they are making profits for liberal ideologies such as government run healthcare. Somewhat hypocritical don't you think Barney?
Actually I do not. What I do think is, you don't have a clue. Let me break this down for you .

Insurance is a game of large numbers. If Aetna was to sell health policies exclusively on the exchange they could not sell enough polices to make a profitable book of business.

However as the story said, Aetna will market the same product in the free market simultaneously with the exchange gaining enough customer to make the product profitable.

Aetna knows how many have paid, because they are the ones that collected the premium, the exchange is the middle man between the insurance company and the policy holder, they don't collect a dime.

Does that answer your question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carmens free but worms caught? 3 hr BESTSOURCE 15
who is cindy nixon? 5 hr Notfalling again 3
Explosion 4-14-16 5 hr Notfalling again 17
Trisha Evans 9 hr I know 14
Why did the city build a jet hangar? 10 hr Natalie P 23
Saturday night fun ! 10 hr Vosue 6
Eldo/P.C./Smackover Studz. 17 hr Iknowu 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages