Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#29648 Mar 9, 2014
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, the inquisition happened prior to the establishment of the Baptist church, child labor laws were already in place years before I was born, my uncle joined the Canadian Air Force because we had not entered WWII, I am heavily invested in new technologies and vulgarity is vulgarity. You seem to read an awful lot into me going to work, going to church, educating my children and believing that not everyone is a victim.
You go girl.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#29649 Mar 9, 2014
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often thought about you Army and remembered back when you, I, and Barney had a few laughs in this thread. I originally started all this crap with a completely different perspective, just to get a feel for the support Blanche had over Halter. Having had my can full of Lincoln, I supported Halter simply because he represented new blood.
I now regret ever having wasted any of my time on Topix, I regret the feeling of ill will I have toward several I have encountered here, I wish this thread would finally disappear and that I had in no way ever been exposed to the army of the hate that I didn't know existed before.
I am a less tolerant man for the experience.
It's all good. Take your wife on a vacation and forget about politics for a while.
haters gonna hate

Conway, AR

#29650 Mar 9, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
All the hate comes from your side Redd. What is coming from conservatives are hard facts about the flawed ideology of the left that has been on full display in all it's glory for over five years now and the results aren't pretty. I just wish those that support the left would realize how their leadership has lied and manipulated to be able to put a progressive government in place. I wish those that support the left would realize the damage being done to this nation by those progressive policies. I wish those that support the left would realize that all the support of these failed policies hinge on the demonization of less than a handful of filthy rich individuals who, no matter which party is in office, will increase their wealth. I wish those that support the left would realize that the policies that are advertised to give the filthy rich what's coming to them actually seriously hurts the middle and lower class. I wish that those that support the left would realize those policies that are advertised to give the filthy rich what's coming to them but actually seriously hurts the middle and lower class are actually designed to give the elite politicians more power and wealth creating a gap between the filthy rich and the middle and lower class that is so wide the middle and lower class become trapped in a lower standard of living with no hope of improving their lives. I wish a lot of things but I have come to realize that those on the left are so focused on hurting and bringing down an extremely small and elite group of people that they are blinded to what is actually happening to everyone around them because of their misplaced obsession. I have come to realize that there is no hope of making those that support the left realize they are chasing a mirage. What I know is that there are no ideologies that are perfect but conservative ideas are those that give the middle and lower classes the best opportunities to improve their lives. To pick themselves up. I know that the rich will adjust their investment strategies to increase their wealth depending on which party is in power but they will ALWAYS increase their wealth and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I realize that crony capitalism has infected both parties and that both parties are adept at deflecting attention away from their guilt so those that vote for them won't realize what they are voting for. I realize that we are in trouble but are so divided that I'm not sure there is any hope of recovery. That we are going to end up like the citizens of every other country just hoping that the table scraps that come our way are enough to allow us to have just a little more than enough to survive. I have tasted what it's like to go from minimum wage to over $35,000 in one summer to now having gross revenue of around $3.2 million per year. I know what I did to reach this and there's nothing special about me that makes me better than anyone else. I know that pro business policies over the past 25 years from both Democrats and Republicans are what allowed me to do this. I don't understand how anyone could just accept the table scraps given to them by the government and not want to better themselves.
true story
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29651 Mar 9, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Well RC, I have to say this one ranks right up there with your best post yet
Buddy.
Ok.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29652 Mar 9, 2014
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all good. Take your wife on a vacation and forget about politics for a while
Why, it didn't work for you.

Look at at yourself, you jumped right back in.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29653 Mar 9, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok
"ok"

That is such a familiar response, volunteering as a job coach in a workshop for the mentally impaired "ok" is a word you will hear often.

That is where the similarities end, they are eager to learn, and open minded to the extent of their ability.
Maggie

United States

#29654 Mar 9, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"ok"
That is such a familiar response, volunteering as a job coach in a workshop for the mentally impaired "ok" is a word you will hear often.
That is where the similarities end, they are eager to learn, and open minded to the extent of their ability.
Twenty three minutes between your two posts, and then the response wasn't all that clever. If RC is willing to give part of his days to go to your school and try to teach you, be appreciative, he doesn't have to help.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29655 Mar 9, 2014
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty three minutes between your two posts, and then the response wasn't all that clever. If RC is willing to give part of his days to go to your school and try to teach you, be appreciative, he doesn't have to help
SO, they were a little bit clever then? oh yeah, how much time do I have between post before I get reprimanded?

Got news for you, R. C. is willing and ready to give part of his days to any one that will give him some attention, seems as though you and R.C. have a great deal in common.
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29656 Mar 9, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, they were a little bit clever then? oh yeah, how much time do I have between post before I get reprimanded?
Got news for you, R. C. is willing and ready to give part of his days to any one that will give him some attention, seems as though you and R.C. have a great deal in common.
Yeah, we are good people, both willing to give back some of what we are blessed with. If you would try helping people instead of expecting the government to take care of everything, you wouldn't be such a pessimis.t
Someone

Maysville, OK

#29657 Mar 9, 2014
?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29658 Mar 9, 2014
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we are good people, both willing to give back some of what we are blessed with. If you would try helping people instead of expecting the government to take care of everything, you wouldn't be such a pessimis.t

Hopefully, you don't think representing scores of different personality dimensions with uninformed opinions is a blessing..........

To each their own I guess, you must enjoy it since you keep on, keeping on .

Pessimist? Seriously, you need a dictionary.
cool dude

United States

#29659 Mar 10, 2014
Rick wrote:
Looks like Blanche Lincoln lives to fight another day. Did you vote in the June 8 election?
No i did not .it aready rig.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29660 Mar 10, 2014
Hummmmmm!

According to Gallup, the number of uninsured Americans continues to drop. Republicans deepest fears have come true. With the exception of seniors, the ACA is causing the number of uninsured to drop across all ages.

Gallup has the details:

The uninsured rate for almost every major demographic group has dropped in 2014 so far. The percentage of uninsured Americans with an annual household income of less than $36,000 has dropped the most — by 2.8 percentage points — to 27.9% since the fourth quarter of 2013, while the percentage of uninsured blacks has fallen 2.6 points to 18.3%. Hispanics remain the subgroup most likely to lack health insurance, with an uninsured rate of 37.9%.

The uninsured rate among 26- to 34-year olds and 35- to 64-year olds continues to decline — now at 26.6% and 16.3%, respectively.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29661 Mar 10, 2014
It was just a matter of time!

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/03/florida-man...
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#29662 Mar 10, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
Hummmmmm!
According to Gallup, the number of uninsured Americans continues to drop. Republicans deepest fears have come true. With the exception of seniors, the ACA is causing the number of uninsured to drop across all ages.
Gallup has the details:
The uninsured rate for almost every major demographic group has dropped in 2014 so far. The percentage of uninsured Americans with an annual household income of less than $36,000 has dropped the most — by 2.8 percentage points — to 27.9% since the fourth quarter of 2013, while the percentage of uninsured blacks has fallen 2.6 points to 18.3%. Hispanics remain the subgroup most likely to lack health insurance, with an uninsured rate of 37.9%.
The uninsured rate among 26- to 34-year olds and 35- to 64-year olds continues to decline — now at 26.6% and 16.3%, respectively.
Wasn't that the reason for the health care act? We expected the number of insured to increase, we didn't expect the increased costs for those that had insurance nor the decrease in services. If the billions spent will decrease the rate 2.8% just think what you can do if you are willing to bankrupt the whole system.
Kathy

West Memphis, AR

#29663 Mar 10, 2014
Vote exercise your right
Guest

United States

#29664 Mar 11, 2014
Yes

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29665 Mar 11, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that the reason for the health care act? We expected the number of insured to increase, we didn't expect the increased costs for those that had insurance nor the decrease in services. If the billions spent will decrease the rate 2.8% just think what you can do if you are willing to bankrupt the whole system
Good thing you did not expect " increased cost" B/C it is not happening!

Cancer Patient Who Blamed Obamacare For 'Unaffordable' Costs Will Actually Save Money
The Huffington Post | by Ashley Alman
Email
RSS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/obam...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29666 Mar 11, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"ok"
That is such a familiar response, volunteering as a job coach in a workshop for the mentally impaired "ok" is a word you will hear often.
That is where the similarities end, they are eager to learn, and open minded to the extent of their ability.
True to liberal form. Liberal gets confronted with an inescapable truth, liberal lashes out in sarcasm trying to deflect attention away from a truth they can't get around, person who presented that truth brushes the liberal off, liberal launches totally unrelated personal attack thus confirming the fact that they can't get around the truth originally presented.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29667 Mar 11, 2014
Lets not forget the Republican rebuttal to the 2014 SOTU address.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/31/local-r...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Motorcycle Mechanics or Shops (Jul '12) 9 min carolinagirl1965 19
fat chicks 1 hr tonya a venturella 15
Sex in Eldo (Jul '10) 2 hr Martie 38
knoe news 3 hr dev 6
News The end of school districts (Jan '13) 3 hr appeal 6
Country Club Streets 3 hr Moving On Up 19
News Arkansas man accused of stealing from his grand... 7 hr Duhduh 2

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages