Yes

No

Other (explain below)

liberal crutch

Conway, AR

#29405 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you are wrong, I find the CBO report very creditable, and the very report RC is talking about I find to be credible too.
Probably the same parts the WH gives credence to. What parts do you chose to cherry pick, Barney?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29406 Feb 19, 2014
liberal crutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the same parts the WH gives credence to. What parts do you chose to cherry pick, Barney?
In post # 29403 you cut and pasted a opinion blog of Jon Terbush blogging for THE WEEK.COM .

You did not post the entire blog, just curious why you left this part out.

In a six-point response, Jason Furman and Betsey Stevenson of the Council of Economic Advisers argued that the report showed that raising the minimum wage would "help millions of hard-working families, reduce poverty, and increase the overall wages going to lower-income households." As for the employment picture, they wrote that CBO's estimates "do not reflect the overall consensus view of economists which is that raising the minimum wage has little or no negative effect on employment."

They may be right. There is much disagreement among economists about how raising the minimum wage would impact unemployment, with most finding little to no result. Indeed, the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute recently estimated that a $10.10 minimum wage could actually lead to 85,000 more jobs.

http://theweek.com/article/index/256563/does-...

Another Quote- "What parts do you chose to cherry pick"

Location hidden

#29407 Feb 19, 2014
BTW- why did you leave this part out also, OH that is easy, it completely contradicts your previous statements in that post.

It's the same problem the White House encountered earlier this month when the CBO determined that ObamaCare would shrink the labor supply by 2.5 million full-time workers by 2024. Republicans latched on to that finding as proof that ObamaCare is a job killer, and that narrative initially dominated even mainstream publications. The real story was more nuanced: The CBO found ObamaCare wouldn't reduce the supply of jobs, but rather, through new incentives, allow people to retire earlier and work less, thus reducing the supply of labor.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#29408 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you are wrong, I find the CBO report very creditable, and the very report RC is talking about I find to be credible too.
Only because it has that little statement that there is a possibility of a small job creation. I think it will work, simply because if you wait several months the people dropping out of the job market will surpass the number of jobs that will be lost by the increase in minimum wage and Obama will be claiming more new jobs. If we could only have a plague, wipe out 40% of the work force! I do believe that some of Obama's economic recovery plans could work. He never claimed to be an economist just an organizer
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29409 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
# 29393
"If you don't curb spending so the dollar gains strength, then nothing will work. You sure are quick to talk about what people you don't even know would do in a given situation" .
Sure looks like the quote above said you did.
Yes I know know some investors, but you damn sure don't need to know any, to know that you don't put all your financial eggs in one basket.
1% constitutes 3.2 million people and 1% is what you said. If you meant otherwise you would have said I know this guy who is in the 1%... So here is your chance, do you know all of them and have you talked to them about what they would do with the extra money if the minimum wage went away? You also said there would be less money to go around. Here let me show you what you said: "Okay, do away with the minimum wage, remove a substantial amount of money from a economy that is 70% retail." So how can the rich have more when we have lower retail prices and as you put it "It very well could, its called deflation." If your not willing to stand by what you say with facts, maybe you should just keep your imaginary friends and the imaginary conversations you have with them to yourself.
Not surprised

Euless, TX

#29410 Feb 19, 2014
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/18/th...

And yet another way obamacare is being passed on to the middle class taxpayer.
Who thinks it will stop here? Probably Barney, after the White House sends out a goon to 'explain' it all away!
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29411 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you agree with that report.
Just for the record, do you agree with that report?
I do agree with the report and the report agrees with me. Remember when I said that an increase in minimum wage actually makes those that receive it more poor? Also in this report is this little nugget:

"For business owners, family income (including income for shareholders) falls to the extent that firms’ profits are reduced. In addition, real family income for many people tends to fall a bit, because the increase in prices of goods and services reduces families’ purchasing power."

Now having said that I still stick by my original stance that you can make any report say anything and that reports like this one are simply opinions that have no bearing on reality. The CBO has been wrong much more than they have been right. It's why they have to continually adjust their predictions. Remember, anytime I reference any report on anything from the CBO or anyone else you should take it as a grain of salt and not the gospel truth even if the report fully supports my point of view. You would do well to do the same though I doubt you will.

Location hidden

#29412 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
1% constitutes 3.2 million people and 1% is what you said. If you meant otherwise you would have said I know this guy who is in the 1%... So here is your chance, do you know all of them and have you talked to them about what they would do with the extra money if the minimum wage went away? You also said there would be less money to go around. Here let me show you what you said: "Okay, do away with the minimum wage, remove a substantial amount of money from a economy that is 70% retail." So how can the rich have more when we have lower retail prices and as you put it "It very well could, its called deflation." If your not willing to stand by what you say with facts, maybe you should just keep your imaginary friends and the imaginary conversations you have with them to yourself.
Please show me where I said any thing close to the "1%" in regards to this conversation.

Yes that is what I said, and WTF does that have to do with the 1%?

Location hidden

#29413 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with the report and the report agrees with me. Remember when I said that an increase in minimum wage actually makes those that receive it more poor? Also in this report is this little nugget:
"For business owners, family income (including income for shareholders) falls to the extent that firms’ profits are reduced. In addition, real family income for many people tends to fall a bit, because the increase in prices of goods and services reduces families’ purchasing power."
Now having said that I still stick by my original stance that you can make any report say anything and that reports like this one are simply opinions that have no bearing on reality. The CBO has been wrong much more than they have been right. It's why they have to continually adjust their predictions. Remember, anytime I reference any report on anything from the CBO or anyone else you should take it as a grain of salt and not the gospel truth even if the report fully supports my point of view. You would do well to do the same though I doubt you will.
I would not argue the reports projections agrees with yours some what, however the Devil is in the details, don't you think?

I would discount the report as well if I were you.

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#29414 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not argue the reports projections agrees with yours some what, however the Devil is in the details, don't you think?
The contradictions and discrepancies from you, post to post, are so blatant to everyone except for you.
You change your own words so often that you can't even keep up with what you've said and how you have said it.
And your poor old mind has played so many tricks on you, that your reasoning skills failed you long ago...as well as short term memory...and long term memory....and common sense, if you ever really had it...
And then you demand to be shown where you said something...actually denying your own words...did Woodstock play a part in this, or is your feeble mind 100% liberally impaired?
OlPapaw

Euless, TX

#29415 Feb 19, 2014
Only Woodstock I remember was on an AK and an M14
Lol

Conway, AR

#29416 Feb 19, 2014
Now that's funny, olPapaw!'
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29417 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where I said any thing close to the "1%" in regards to this conversation.
Yes that is what I said, and WTF does that have to do with the 1%?
Ok, your going to get off on a technicality here. The people that move their investments overseas are the 1% and you know it. That's exactly what you were talking about. Sad thing is you will consider it a victory because I technically misrepresented what you said. It's just like a liberal to throw away the rest of the argument and make a declaration of victory on a technicality. Where you choose to make your stands, like this technicality, shows just how shaky the ground liberalism is built on.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29418 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
As should you.

Location hidden

#29419 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, your going to get off on a technicality here. The people that move their investments overseas are the 1% and you know it. That's exactly what you were talking about. Sad thing is you will consider it a victory because I technically misrepresented what you said. It's just like a liberal to throw away the rest of the argument and make a declaration of victory on a technicality. Where you choose to make your stands, like this technicality, shows just how shaky the ground liberalism is built on
With all due respect Sir/Mam, I can find no victory in your ignorance.

Rogers, AR

#29420 Feb 19, 2014
“Through the phony two party systems, the Elite, as you call them, select, hire and nominate both candidates so that either vote is a vote for the candidate of their choice, not the choice of the people. Moreover, the issues placed on the ballot only further their agenda. Any other candidates and issues will never see the light of day. But let’s say the people did get enough signatures to place a candidate or an issue on the ballot, then the electronic voting machines will be programed to make sure they never make it. And if a candidate slipped through, which in these times is highly unlikely, they’d be rendered impotent from the gate or just a voice in the wind; and if an issue slipped through, why the Federal Courts would just overturn it.

“Without a shot fired, the United States of America was conquered by a band of criminal bankers almost seventy-five years ago. No, son, I’d never hand over my allegiance to another man to represent me. My loyalty is to God and His son, Jesus Christ, not a man. King Jesus, and Him only, will get my vote in every time.”

http://www.newswithviews.com/Duncan/al117.htm

© 2013 Al Duncan - All Rights Reserved
Cooter Brown

Mountain Home, AR

#29421 Feb 19, 2014
OlPapaw wrote:
Only Woodstock I remember was on an AK and an M14
And your first gun was a musket
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29422 Feb 20, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect Sir/Mam, I can find no victory in your ignorance.
Nice attempt at the high road. That doesn't change the fact of what you were saying. You know it and so does everyone else. The 1% are the only investors with enough connections to be able to invest overseas. BTW, I'm not looking for victory, I'm just looking for you to own up to what you say.

Location hidden

#29423 Feb 20, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at the high road. That doesn't change the fact of what you were saying. You know it and so does everyone else. The 1% are the only investors with enough connections to be able to invest overseas. BTW, I'm not looking for victory, I'm just looking for you to own up to what you say.

It takes about as many connections as a stock broker to invest in foreign markets.

International investing used to be something that was all but impossible for small investors to do without the help of a professional. In recent years, there has been an explosion of investment products that help small investors tap into foreign markets. Whether you choose to do your own stock picking, or invest in a professionally-managed fund, there are more choices at your fingertips than ever before.

Mutual Funds
One of the easiest ways to get started investing in foreign markets is with mutual funds. These allow small investors to buy a slice of a professionally-managed, diversified international portfolio at a low cost. International funds come in a wide variety of flavors, and the menu offers something for just about everyone, from the most aggressive investor to the most conservative.

http://internationalinvest.about.com/od/getti...
DalRod

Salem, AR

#29424 Feb 20, 2014
We wus post to vote today? I thought it was in a frew days?
I knew I should have not started drinking at 4 am!
Only if we lived in a dry county!
They runined my vote!
I think I am going ta have to gets me some more beerz iced down and calm my nerves.side effects is I can`t poo solids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baltimore 3 min Fed Up 8
shara pyle 4 hr jenn 8
Joann Davis snapped 5 hr toni 17
Divorce 8 hr truth as it is 7
dony and Michael 13 hr All the same 8
Kentucky Derby 21 hr Duck lover 1
Does anybody know this Jeff Lee Burns from Smac... 22 hr FYI 2
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE