Other (explain below)

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#29385 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the 3 of the four,
Matt 21:12 (NIV) Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 "It is written," he said to them, "`My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it a `den of robbers.'"..
Mark 11:15 (NIV) On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written:`My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it `a den of robbers.'" 18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.
Luke 19:45 (NIV) Then he entered the temple area and began driving out those who were selling. 46 "It is written," he said to them, "`My house will be a house of prayer'; but you have made it `a den of robbers.'" 47 Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him.
Another thing Redd could have been referring to a cleansing that occurred near the beginning of Jesus ministry, not the one that happened after what we now call Palm Sunday.
John 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me."
Yes, Barney, there are multiple versions of the Bible. I also have an opinion about that, but it is just my opinion, and better left unspoken.
And yes, I believe Jesus began His earthly ministry cleansing the temple, and as His earthly ministry was ending, I believe He cleansed it again.
As for the account of these two events, I happened to have referenced something other than the NIV. I used the King James Version, I believe. After studying the Greek meanings of various words from each one of the Gospels in my Strong' s Concordance, and after reading prophetic verses in the Old Testament that point to these events where Jesus cleansed the temple, thus fulfilling prophecy and giving credence to Him being the Messiah, I personally believe He ventured inside an actual area, inside the actual temple of God.
If you chose to think differently, ok.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29386 Feb 18, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
Redd and Barney...Barney and Redd.
Should be some sort of new comedy, starring themselves, of course.
The description could read something like, "a new comedy about an inept, bumbling, self-proclaimed political guru, Barney, and his alter-ego ' Redd'. Watch as Barney digs himself into a political grave each week with his wrong, but oh-so-funny analysis of government today. Each episode ends with Barney finally falling into the political pit he's been digging, and his alter-ego,'Redd' showing up to save the day...only to end up being pushed over the edge, joining Barney in their political wasteland, by a variety of celebrity guests. Special guests appearing at the end of each episode will be: Nancy Pelosi, Hilary Clinton, and even a special appearence by Barak Obama! Join us for what's sure to be a million laughs!"
Hey, Barney. If raising minimum wage is going to be so beneficial, why stop at $10 an hour?
Why not raise it higher...$20...$30...maybe even $50 an hour!?!
Everyone could be rich, and afford the new unaffordable healthcare act.
Why are you being so oppressive to the working class and setting the wage so low??
Think bigger, Barney!!!$50 an hour, and THEN, everybody in America will be rich!!
You just hit the nail on the head. This is where liberals simply don't want to go. You go suggesting $50 per hour for a worker at McDonald's and all of a sudden those same liberals start crying "That job's not worth that much". It is there complete lack of understanding and hatred of the free market that boxes them in a corner that their very own ideology can't escape. That aspect is the fact that the free market needs to decide how much goods and services should costs and how much people that sell those goods and services should be paid. Once that is stripped away, the rest of the ideology is open to the same scrutiny thus crumbles.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#29387 Feb 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You just hit the nail on the head. This is where liberals simply don't want to go. You go suggesting $50 per hour for a worker at McDonald's and all of a sudden those same liberals start crying "That job's not worth that much". It is there complete lack of understanding and hatred of the free market that boxes them in a corner that their very own ideology can't escape. That aspect is the fact that the free market needs to decide how much goods and services should costs and how much people that sell those goods and services should be paid. Once that is stripped away, the rest of the ideology is open to the same scrutiny thus crumbles
Apple, Walmart and McDonald's are among the largest corporate employers and profit-makers in the U.S. employees 1.6 million in the U.S., combined 2012 pre-tax profits of more than $88 billion.

All three companies pay the majority of their employees low wages: poverty-level wages. This is borne out by SEC data and the companies' own press releases.

A typical Walmart store costs taxpayers over $1.7 million per year, or about $5,815 per employee for public assistance for their employees.

You constantly complain about public assistance programs and yet you have been on soap box all this week about the evils of minimum wage.

To me that is contradicting, I do not understand how giving companies a unobstructed path to pay less is going to reduce the amount of those seeking public assistance.

With the wealth divide today, it would be hard to argue that today's (M.W.) has impeded their ability to get even richer what so ever.

IT's not stopping them now, so do away with it, that will really help.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#29388 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Apple, Walmart and McDonald's are among the largest corporate employers and profit-makers in the U.S. employees 1.6 million in the U.S., combined 2012 pre-tax profits of more than $88 billion.
All three companies pay the majority of their employees low wages: poverty-level wages. This is borne out by SEC data and the companies' own press releases.
A typical Walmart store costs taxpayers over $1.7 million per year, or about $5,815 per employee for public assistance for their employees.
You constantly complain about public assistance programs and yet you have been on soap box all this week about the evils of minimum wage.
To me that is contradicting, I do not understand how giving companies a unobstructed path to pay less is going to reduce the amount of those seeking public assistance.
With the wealth divide today, it would be hard to argue that today's (M.W.) has impeded their ability to get even richer what so ever.
IT's not stopping them now, so do away with it, that will really help.
I bet it's contradicting for you. Public assistance programs give WAY too much assistance, promote laziness, and are VERY prone to abuse. Minimum wage basically prevents the drive to achieve advancement within a company for all but a very few people who will succeed no matter what the wage structure. It's everyone else that suffers because they see no value in rising up within a company because there is an artificial value placed on their job thus making advancements much more difficult to achieve. For example a worker that starts out at $1 per hour @ McDonald's will be able to achieve a raise much faster and in smaller increments thus giving incentive to do more faster. Contrast that with a McDonald's worker that must start at $7.25 per hour. If the market says the job is only worth $1, it might be months or years before that same employee receives a raise though more will be added to their job without compensation making the employee feel as though the company is taking advantage of them though that would be the farthest thing from the truth. An elimination of the minimum wage would also bring prices down significantly over time making goods more affordable and raises more likely thus giving incentive to succeed for those who aren't internally driven. Wal Mart would be fine where profits are concerned. Nobody, and I mean nobody can squeak out a profit like Wal Mart. Now I know your ideology isn't going to let you think that people can succeed without the government's assistance but that is simply not true. It is the government that sucks the drive to succeed out of all but a few people and handouts are the main culprit by design.

Location hidden

#29389 Feb 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it's contradicting for you. Public assistance programs give WAY too much assistance, promote laziness, and are VERY prone to abuse. Minimum wage basically prevents the drive to achieve advancement within a company for all but a very few people who will succeed no matter what the wage structure. It's everyone else that suffers because they see no value in rising up within a company because there is an artificial value placed on their job thus making advancements much more difficult to achieve. For example a worker that starts out at $1 per hour @ McDonald's will be able to achieve a raise much faster and in smaller increments thus giving incentive to do more faster. Contrast that with a McDonald's worker that must start at $7.25 per hour. If the market says the job is only worth $1, it might be months or years before that same employee receives a raise though more will be added to their job without compensation making the employee feel as though the company is taking advantage of them though that would be the farthest thing from the truth. An elimination of the minimum wage would also bring prices down significantly over time making goods more affordable and raises more likely thus giving incentive to succeed for those who aren't internally driven. Wal Mart would be fine where profits are concerned. Nobody, and I mean nobody can squeak out a profit like Wal Mart. Now I know your ideology isn't going to let you think that people can succeed without the government's assistance but that is simply not true. It is the government that sucks the drive to succeed out of all but a few people and handouts are the main culprit by design
Elimination of the minimum wage would bring prices down significantly.

It very well could, its called deflation.

Okay, do away with the minimum wage, remove a substantial amount of money from a economy that is 70% retail.

You just moved that money into the hands of the investors who are not going to put that money back into retail, they will continue their diversification of their portfolio by sending that money over seas.

The poor are required to spend every penny they make just to survive.
OlPapaw

Euless, TX

#29390 Feb 18, 2014
The argument on today's economy, that I have been hearing is that it is too hard for a couple to get ahead.
Meadow muffins!
Best way to get the economy cooking would be to start W.P.A. and C.C.C.
again! Bridges, highways, pipelines,
Put calluses on peoples hands instead of their fat butts.
Imho

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#29391 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>

No, that would be the middle class. The 'poor' are eating high on the hog, thanks to the governments generosity with taxpayer monies, and getting subsidized healthcare when their stomachs hurt from all the good food they've been able to eat!

Did you happen to consider why the minimum wage rate should be set so low?
I mean,$10 bucks won't create equal wages!
If wage inequality is what we are talking about here, why not $50 an hour?
That's bound to help even the score, right?
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29392 Feb 18, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be the middle class. The 'poor' are eating high on the hog, thanks to the governments generosity with taxpayer monies, and getting subsidized healthcare when their stomachs hurt from all the good food they've been able to eat!
Did you happen to consider why the minimum wage rate should be set so low?
I mean,$10 bucks won't create equal wages!
If wage inequality is what we are talking about here, why not $50 an hour?
That's bound to help even the score, right?
At minimum wage Barney is getting paid twice what he is worth
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29393 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Elimination of the minimum wage would bring prices down significantly.
It very well could, its called deflation.
Okay, do away with the minimum wage, remove a substantial amount of money from a economy that is 70% retail.
You just moved that money into the hands of the investors who are not going to put that money back into retail, they will continue their diversification of their portfolio by sending that money over seas.
If you don't curb spending so the dollar gains strength, then nothing will work. You sure are quick to talk about what people you don't even know would do in a given situation. How did you get all that information? I got news for you, the "rich" you are so eager to demonize spend every penny they make too, but their bills are just larger than those that are poor. You are willing to condone destroying this great nation just so you will see a small handful of people take just a little less until they figure out how to make more than they had before, just so a few more people can live just a little better until the price of goods exceed the raise in living they got and they become worse off than they were before. Point and case is the current state of our poor. We have had the "Great Society" in place since the 60's yet, according to you and other progressive liberals, the poor are worse off than they have ever been. Seems to me that after 50+ years of this experiment, liberals would quit doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. You know what that is called. If government programs are so great then why is our country in such terrible shape after half a century of trying to make it better?

Location hidden

#29394 Feb 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't curb spending so the dollar gains strength, then nothing will work. You sure are quick to talk about what people you don't even know would do in a given situation. How did you get all that information? I got news for you, the "rich" you are so eager to demonize spend every penny they make too, but their bills are just larger than those that are poor. You are willing to condone destroying this great nation just so you will see a small handful of people take just a little less until they figure out how to make more than they had before, just so a few more people can live just a little better until the price of goods exceed the raise in living they got and they become worse off than they were before. Point and case is the current state of our poor. We have had the "Great Society" in place since the 60's yet, according to you and other progressive liberals, the poor are worse off than they have ever been. Seems to me that after 50+ years of this experiment, liberals would quit doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. You know what that is called. If government programs are so great then why is our country in such terrible shape after half a century of trying to make it better?
You have no idea who I know or who I have known. For you to suggest you do is absurd as the rest of this post.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#29395 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text> You have no idea who I know or who I have known. For you to suggest you do is absurd as the rest of this post.
I didn't say anything about who you know. Apparently, you know all the investors and apparently they told you what they would do with their money if the minimum wage were done away with. At least that's what you all but said. Talk about absurd!!!
Silence

Euless, TX

#29396 Feb 19, 2014
The wee hours here at topix sure are some of the best!
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29397 Feb 19, 2014
Looks like the CBO agrees with me on the minimum wage.

http://theweek.com/article/index/256563/does-...

Location hidden

#29399 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about who you know. Apparently, you know all the investors and apparently they told you what they would do with their money if the minimum wage were done away with. At least that's what you all but said. Talk about absurd!!!

# 29393

"If you don't curb spending so the dollar gains strength, then nothing will work. You sure are quick to talk about what people you don't even know would do in a given situation" .

Sure looks like the quote above said you did.

Yes I know know some investors, but you damn sure don't need to know any, to know that you don't put all your financial eggs in one basket.
Jessica

Little Rock, AR

#29400 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
The source must be on Obama's staff for Barney to find them credible.

Location hidden

#29401 Feb 19, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
It appears that you agree with that report.

Just for the record, do you agree with that report?

Location hidden

#29402 Feb 19, 2014
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
The source must be on Obama's staff for Barney to find them credible
That's where you are wrong, I find the CBO report very creditable, and the very report RC is talking about I find to be credible too.
liberal crutch

Conway, AR

#29403 Feb 19, 2014
This is the very essence of why Barney is the way he is...his fearful leaders have set the bar so low, he has no problem following such a wishy-washy, create your own reality despite the reality of life! It is the exact way Barney deals with every single thing he is proven wrong about!

(the following paragraph is a perfect summary of the crazy liberal mindset, after the WH goons,(one of them Barney cut and pasted an insane quote from the other day) tried to 'explain' what the CBO 'really' meant. Of course it was liberal lies and spin...)

"Still, there are some problems with the White House's response.
The administration is engaging in a bit of awkward cherry-picking, touting some numbers in the report while throwing cold water on others. Essentially, it's saying CBO analysts are spot on when they produce favorable results, but terrible at their jobs when they do the opposite. The selective embrace of data is a hallmark of deliberately self-serving arguments
That gets at a bigger issue. Democrats have long relied on the CBO to bolster their arguments on issues ranging from health care to the economy. The CBO, as a group of nonpartisan number-crunchers, is usually part of the wonky apparatus that lends credence to the Democrats' claim that reality has a liberal bias. And now the White House is saying the CBO is unreliable. So which is it?
Then there are the politics of it. Arguing with the CBO never looks good."

Oh yeah, this is the most transparent administration that has ever been in office before! You can see right through them!
liberal crutch

Conway, AR

#29404 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you agree with that report.
Just for the record, do you agree with that report?
Just for the record: you don't agree with that report?
Lol!!
Here it comes...tell us all about the REAL story, Barney. You know so much more than the
CBO...
liberal crutch

Conway, AR

#29405 Feb 19, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you are wrong, I find the CBO report very creditable, and the very report RC is talking about I find to be credible too.
Probably the same parts the WH gives credence to. What parts do you chose to cherry pick, Barney?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannan brumley 20 min babahaha 4
Another Crosslife Wing Nut 2 hr ex member of cros... 60
shealee 5 hr Wtf 14
Probation (Oct '08) 5 hr Politicsandlocals 6
anyone know this freak mike thompson? 7 hr hateshim 3
shooting in calion 7 hr friend 32
employment 7 hr no name 1
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE