Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28505 Dec 24, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget that I have said on countless occasions that I never thought George Bush was a great president. He got into practicing liberalism and it ruined his legacy plain and simple. You either intentionally or unintentionally missed my point which was that liberals NEVER put their money where their mouth is. They always put other people's money where their mouth is. That's why liberals get into trouble and liberalism doesn't work. A person can spend untold amounts in an irresponsible manner when they have no skin of their own in the game. It's exactly the reason we are in such financial trouble now. None of the Washington elite have any skin in the game, it's all our skin. To make it even more difficult to see the error of their ways, they cloak their theft in moral supremecy artificially elevating themselves above the "common people" and we are sick of it. The backlash on Obamacare has highlighted this.

What does your personal opinion of "W" have to do with anything ?

W " practicing liberalism"

You can't be serious, but then again from what you just said, any thing you don't like will be blamed on " liberalism".

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28506 Dec 24, 2013
FYI wrote:
First of all seperation of church and state is the biggest lie sold to the American people in history. As one has to understand "faith" isn't a thing, its more of a state of being.. Having said that in order to have seperation of church and state you have to have or must have all nonreligious people voting on a matter or you have to accept that religion is part of their vote(the ones who are religious). Our laws that deal with religion are based on the efforts of keeping the government out of our Churches and not the other way around, the founding fathers had a very good understanding of what happended to religious matters when a government was involved into them, I'm sure they had heard stories from their parents and grandparents about the old world from which they had came and after winning their own nation noted into its constitution laws that protected such freedoms.

The founding Fathers understood that separation of church and state was of mutual benefit to both, the people and the state.
Reality Check

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#28507 Dec 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your personal opinion of "W" have to do with anything ?
W " practicing liberalism"
You can't be serious, but then again from what you just said, any thing you don't like will be blamed on " liberalism".
Did he not spend money we didn't have? That is not a conservative principle. Spending money we don't have to reach a goal is liberalism pure and simple. We conservatives believe we should live within our means minimizing the amount we spend over what we take in as some is necessary. What Bush did was liberalism and it hurt him. There is no arguing that as much as you would like to.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#28508 Dec 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your personal opinion of "W" have to do with anything ?
W " practicing liberalism"
You can't be serious, but then again from what you just said, any thing you don't like will be blamed on " liberalism".
It has never been your liberalism that has bothered the general population, it is your stupidity.
Donna

Bella Vista, AR

#28509 Dec 24, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never been your liberalism that has bothered the general population, it is your stupidity.
Its true its true you're Stupidity is endless.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#28510 Dec 24, 2013
Donna wrote:
<quoted text> Its true its true you're Stupidity is endless.
So you're visiting Northwest Ark for the holidays. Haven't seen the plural of "it" in awhile.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28511 Dec 24, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're visiting Northwest Ark for the holidays. Haven't seen the plural of "it" in awhile.
Nope.

BTW-(its) is the possessive form of it.
FYI

United States

#28512 Dec 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The founding Fathers understood that separation of church and state was of mutual benefit to both, the people and the state.
. Sorry but you missed the point as usual you don't understand what the point is, it isn't about "government" its about having faith or being faithful to ones God(whomever it may be). A true person of faith will not vote against their religious beliefs.. Thus you will never see a true separation of church and state. The bigger point is that you can't get rid of God as long as there are christians. And anyone passed the third grade can tell you that making people unhappy-via taking things they like away is no benefit at all nor does it benefit anyone except those who are against what's being taken away and this is what our founding fathers warned us about..

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28513 Dec 24, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he not spend money we didn't have? That is not a conservative principle. Spending money we don't have to reach a goal is liberalism pure and simple. We conservatives believe we should live within our means minimizing the amount we spend over what we take in as some is necessary. What Bush did was liberalism and it hurt him. There is no arguing that as much as you would like to
LMAO, spending money we do not have to reach a goal.

Guess that would make Ronald Reagan one heck of a Liberal then wouldn't it ? being

he raised taxes eleven times as president while tripling the deficit.

Bill Clinton left a surplus, does that make him a Conservative?
Reality Check

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#28514 Dec 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, spending money we do not have to reach a goal.
Guess that would make Ronald Reagan one heck of a Liberal then wouldn't it ? being
he raised taxes eleven times as president while tripling the deficit.
Bill Clinton left a surplus, does that make him a Conservative?
I couldn't say it any better than the Daily Caller so if you care to read the truth about the eleven tax raises (I'm sure you don't) here it is:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reag... #!

Have I ever said that Reagan's deficit was a good thing? No because I don't. I have said that Reagan was one of the greatest presidents we have ever had. No president can be perfect. We just have never had a president as imperfect as Barack Obama. Government spending more than it takes in is irresponsible no matter who is in charge. The only exception is something like 911 when we had no other option but to spend resources to defend ourselves. I have always and will always be one to give Bill Clinton his props though I don't feel as though we would have continued to prosper had his policies been left in place. But that doesn't matter because the fact is, Bill Clinton left this country in good financial shape. Did you forget that I said that many times? More than likely, you just stick to your liberal guns in not giving anyone but a liberal credit for anything good. It's why this country is in a political gridlock. It's a terrible quality for a person to have but I doubt you will ever change.
growup

United States

#28515 Dec 24, 2013
It doesn't matter what any other pres does or has done or will do obama and his sack of lies and lack of being a good leader is all on him. Every person who has ever taken elected office has been at some point less than what we wanted or needed. If obama is what we can expect for the future of elected officals then we are screwed, I hope and pray that the ones who voted for obama have got the liberal bug out of their system, put down the weed and will help the rest of us vote someone into office with the attitude and smarts of a true leader.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28516 Dec 24, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>. Sorry but you missed the point as usual you don't understand what the point is, it isn't about "government" its about having faith or being faithful to ones God(whomever it may be). A true person of faith will not vote against their religious beliefs.. Thus you will never see a true separation of church and state. The bigger point is that you can't get rid of God as long as there are christians. And anyone passed the third grade can tell you that making people unhappy-via taking things they like away is no benefit at all nor does it benefit anyone except those who are against what's being taken away and this is what our founding fathers warned us about..

I would dare say it is you who did not understand my comment.

The separation of church and state is clear, if you do not believe that just ask the churches to start paying taxes.

See how separate they are then.

The First and the Fourteenth Amendments are about as true as you can get.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28520 Dec 24, 2013
Nixon proposed almost an identical healthcare system decades ago, and republicans loved it. Mitt Romney passed a similar system, and republicans wanted him to be president.

President Obama signed The Affordable Care Act into law and suddenly the concept of healthcare became toxic, socialistic, and only embraced by traitorous commies.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28522 Dec 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If Republican s loved Nixon's plan why don't we have that plan today? Romney passed a similar system all by himself so why isn't he President today? You seem to want to blame others for the failures of the libtards. As usual you just can't ever seem to get out of your own way as is evident by you tripping all over things behind you!

The combination of a national recession and a rise in inflation stalled the passage of healthcare. Also, the distractions of the Watergate scandal negatively affected the healthcare campaign. The media and public shifted their interest from healthcare and focused on the scandal. Watergate decreased trust and credibility in the government. By the end of 1973, Nixon's Congressional support on legislation had dropped to the lowest of any president on record. Oil prices rose by over three hundred fifty percent and inflation jumped eleven percent. Because of this, the Nixon Administration was unable to make progress in healthcare reform

Why did Romney loose the election.

If it had not been for a bartender with a video camera exposing the real Mitt he very likely would have been president.

Seems like a person that posses such elite qualities as yourself would not ask such a ignorant question.
Reality Check

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#28523 Dec 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
Nixon proposed almost an identical healthcare system decades ago, and republicans loved it. Mitt Romney passed a similar system, and republicans wanted him to be president.
President Obama signed The Affordable Care Act into law and suddenly the concept of healthcare became toxic, socialistic, and only embraced by traitorous commies.
For most of us you are mistaken. The choice between Mitt Romney and the other Republican candidates was clear. Mitt Romney was the best of the choices given. During the presidential race there were only two choices Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. Even though there were other candidates on the ballot, voting for them was basically a vote for Obama. I bet they are wishing they voted for Romney instead of a third party candidate. I know I wish they had voted for Romney. Given the choice, Mitt Romney was head and shoulders above Obama not because that's who America wanted but it was the best choice we had.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28524 Dec 24, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If Republican s loved Nixon's plan why don't we have that plan today? Romney passed a similar system all by himself so why isn't he President today? You seem to want to blame others for the failures of the libtards. As usual you just can't ever seem to get out of your own way as is evident by you tripping all over things behind you!

Forgot one thing, part of Nixon's health care reform is alive and well today, its called HMO's.

If I have to keep educating you IM going to start charging you a tuition.

That should be no problem for a person who said he had more money than he could spend

" tripping all over things behind you".

INDEED, you just did.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28525 Dec 24, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
For most of us you are mistaken. The choice between Mitt Romney and the other Republican candidates was clear. Mitt Romney was the best of the choices given. During the presidential race there were only two choices Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. Even though there were other candidates on the ballot, voting for them was basically a vote for Obama. I bet they are wishing they voted for Romney instead of a third party candidate. I know I wish they had voted for Romney. Given the choice, Mitt Romney was head and shoulders above Obama not because that's who America wanted but it was the best choice we had.

The toy soldier stuck his foot in his mouth, and woe and behold, RC reappears, wow what were the odds on that happening?

I would say about even.

When the man won the election by a landslide I think you are being just a bit Na´ve.

Now show up under another name and get yourself a hat- trick.
Reality Check

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#28526 Dec 24, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The toy soldier stuck his foot in his mouth, and woe and behold, RC reappears, wow what were the odds on that happening?
I would say about even.
When the man won the election by a landslide I think you are being just a bit Na´ve.
Now show up under another name and get yourself a hat- trick.
Just one name. That's you that has different names not me. No question Obama won the election. We're continuing our decline aren't we? That can only mean that Obama got re-elected. I thought that was common sense.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28527 Dec 24, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one name. That's you that has different names not me. No question Obama won the election. We're continuing our decline aren't we? That can only mean that Obama got re-elected. I thought that was common sense

.
Our decline? Please explain

Unemployment up, NO

Deficit dropping- yes

Stock market doing well- yes

Auto industry back on its feet- yes

Manufacturing up- yes

Private sector job increase for 45 straight months- yes

8 million private sector jobs created under President Obama- yes
guest

Marion, AR

#28529 Dec 25, 2013
Merry Christmas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Times TO-DO list 2 hr OMG 1
Need money now 4 hr Camden Kid Toucher 1
Kasey doss Murphy 12 hr nosie 5
Dairy Queen stories? 19 hr Kenny 14
News 2 high schools in state to offer pilot program ... Mon Camden Kid Toucher 2
Amway hanky panky dolls Mon Camden Kid Toucher 3
Men of El Dorado Mon Camden Kid Toucher 8

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages