Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#28111 Dec 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The media sharks have started circling the wagon. Saw an article on Yahoo the other day that asked the question, "Is it time to do away with presidential term limits?". I have a feeling that since Obamacare is not going as well as Obama had planned, that eliminating term limits will be the next thing on his agenda. If we don't wake up, we're going to completely lose this great nation. I fear that there aren't enough people that pay attention left to make a difference. All we have left are those that vote for the "coolest" guy and that guy happens to be Obama. Someone who knows how to get this nation back on track and make the tough choices that are ahead of us simply can't be "cool".
The ACA was a tough choice don't you think?

In private insurance, the average spending growth rate per person has slowed a lot over the last few years. In Medicare, there was no spending growth between 2010 and 2013 and, in Medicaid, per person costs actually decreased some.

All told, health care costs have been growing more slowly over the last three years than any other time period since 1965. More recently, yearly health cost growth slowed from an average rate of 3.9 percent between 2000 and 2007 to 1.3 percent between 2011 and 2013.

Most health care economists now agree, at least to some extent, with this more structural view. Even those who argue that the current slowdown is unlikely to last, such as Harvard's Amitabh Chandra and Dartmouth's Jonathan Skinner, still expect slower health care cost growth in the next decade compared with the previous one.

And in some cases, that translates into better health care, too. This chart from the council's report shows a significant drop in preventable readmissions to hospitals (when treatment goes wrong the first time and the patient must return to the hospital). That happened right around the time Medicare began penalizing such return trips to the hospitals.

unknown

Cost savings aside, that's great news for patients, suggesting that the quality of care hospitals are delivering is improving at the same time that spending on that care is slowing down.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Location hidden

#28112 Dec 2, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
The best thing that could happen is to scrap Healthcare.gov and scrap obamacare all together. If this wasn't so serious it would be laughable.
Just think of the millions that woke up happy in morning and then get a letter in the mail that their health insurance has been canceled. they are being forced to take ocamacare, "No doubt a plan all along". Then the obamacare web site doesn't work. Just stop and think about the stress and hardship that has been put on these people, All over something they didn't want.
This isn't about health care, It's about control. Send them packing in November 2014
Thought I would bring you up to date on the web site.

"The bottom line: HealthCare.gov on December 1 is night and day from where it was on October 1," Zients told reporters a day after the administration's self-imposed November 30 deadline for making the website operate properly for the "vast majority" of users.

"We've widened the system's on-ramp - it now has four lanes instead of one or two," he said. "We have a much more stable system that is reliably open for business."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/01/us-...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28117 Dec 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"The bottom line: HealthCare.gov on December 1 is night and day from where it was on October 1," Zients told reporters a day after the administration's self-imposed November 30 deadline for making the website operate properly for the "vast majority" of users.
"We've widened the system's on-ramp - it now has four lanes instead of one or two," he said. "We have a much more stable system that is reliably open for business."
We are almost $700 million in the hole for this website and not one person has bought a policy through the site. Oh sure, 100,000 have signed up to get insurance but the problem is that the payment mechanism doesn't work on the site yet and the mechanism that gets the personal information to the insurance companies doesn't work either. This means it would be impossible for someone to pay for insurance or to even get an accurate quote. I got news for you, if insurance companies don't get money then no coverage is issued. We will have people that think they have insurance who have to get medical attention only to find that they have no coverage once they get to the doctor.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#28118 Dec 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article YOU referenced.

"The site's uptime is now above 95 percent, officials said."

The industry standard for website uptime is 99%. In 2012, Pantopa conducted a research on 134 online retailers and found that the lowest uptime number was 99.3% among that group. Another study in 2011 from Pindom foud the lowest number to belong to Footlocker and it was 98.573%. In other words, 95% is an epic failure. That means the site will be down for 18 days this year. What retailer do you know that would accept their online store being closed for 18 days of the year? Hey, I guess 95% uptime sounds so much better than the 42.9% that it was. Man progressives set the bar low for themselves. I guess years of failures have conditioned them to think that way. It's no wonder we're in such bad shape under just 2/3 of their leadership. Imagine how bad it would be if the progressives had 100% control of our government. I shudder to think.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#28119 Dec 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct a Fool and a he will hate you for life.
Correct a wise man and he will thank you.
End quote.
I do not recall having anything to thank you for, but just by the off chance I do, consider yourself thanked.
BTW- I do not consider my self a "wise man" , I just consider myself less ignorant than you.
As much as you are corrected, I will agree with your not being a wise man and that being said why would anyone care if you consider yourself to be less ignorant, you've already stated you're not all that smart.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#28120 Dec 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to ignore that the people you quote are working for Obama. If three people got registered it would be a night and day difference between October 1 and November 30

Location hidden

#28121 Dec 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article YOU referenced.
"The site's uptime is now above 95 percent, officials said."
The industry standard for website uptime is 99%. In 2012, Pantopa conducted a research on 134 online retailers and found that the lowest uptime number was 99.3% among that group. Another study in 2011 from Pindom foud the lowest number to belong to Footlocker and it was 98.573%. In other words, 95% is an epic failure. That means the site will be down for 18 days this year. What retailer do you know that would accept their online store being closed for 18 days of the year? Hey, I guess 95% uptime sounds so much better than the 42.9% that it was. Man progressives set the bar low for themselves. I guess years of failures have conditioned them to think that way. It's no wonder we're in such bad shape under just 2/3 of their leadership. Imagine how bad it would be if the progressives had 100% control of our government. I shudder to think.
Well RC was that and attempt at redirecting, or are you so incredibly short sighted that you do not understand the article?

POINT- The web site is better today Dec. 2, than it was on its launch date Oct.1, 2013. And no way did it suggest that the way it is today is acceptable.

I would "shutter", if you were to think, period.

Location hidden

#28122 Dec 2, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to ignore that the people you quote are working for Obama. If three people got registered it would be a night and day difference between October 1 and November 30
"IGNORE"

When the fifth line of that post begins as such,

"Obama adviser Jeffrey Zients said"

Do you understand the meaning of the word, "IGNORE" ?

Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#28123 Dec 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"IGNORE"
When the fifth line of that post begins as such,
"Obama adviser Jeffrey Zients said"
Do you understand the meaning of the word, "IGNORE" ?
There is so much I know but what you are ignoring is that no neutral source gives the glowing reports about your hero and his agenda. Like you said, you are not a wise person
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#28124 Dec 2, 2013
And it pretty pathetic that you feel the need to judge your own posts but then we wouldn't expect anymore from you
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28126 Dec 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Well RC was that and attempt at redirecting, or are you so incredibly short sighted that you do not understand the article?
POINT- The web site is better today Dec. 2, than it was on its launch date Oct.1, 2013. And no way did it suggest that the way it is today is acceptable.
I would "shutter", if you were to think, period.
I understood the article completely. You said that going from throwing $635 million away on a website that completely didn't function after having 3 years to get it right has now improved to throwing away almost $700 million on a site that is now the laughing stock of websites. It has improved to the point where everyone involved in a failure of this magnitude would have been fired in ANY other company in the world. I also understand that you and other liberals are jumping for joy for the "success" of this site. I understand that you and other liberals see everything in this light. I understand that running a country like the Obamacare site has been run is exactly why we are in a freefall from the perch we once occupied as the greatest and most free nation in the world. When it's all said and done we will find ourselves in the bottom 10% of the world's industrialized nations and you and other liberals will be cheering wildly because we are still ahead of Argentina. You call that success while anyone who is remotely competitive would consider it a total failure.

Location hidden

#28127 Dec 2, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
There is so much I know but what you are ignoring is that no neutral source gives the glowing reports about your hero and his agenda. Like you said, you are not a wise person
You seem to be struggling for words a bit, let me help you out.

You are trying to say, I should discount the FACTS, b/c of the source, as you do.

Tell you what, when you find a viable source that can discount the story, I will be the first to say, you were correct.

Until then, your opinion is simply.......... baseless.
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

#28128 Dec 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood the article completely. You said that going from throwing $635 million away on a website that completely didn't function after having 3 years to get it right has now improved to throwing away almost $700 million on a site that is now the laughing stock of websites. It has improved to the point where everyone involved in a failure of this magnitude would have been fired in ANY other company in the world. I also understand that you and other liberals are jumping for joy for the "success" of this site. I understand that you and other liberals see everything in this light. I understand that running a country like the Obamacare site has been run is exactly why we are in a freefall from the perch we once occupied as the greatest and most free nation in the world. When it's all said and done we will find ourselves in the bottom 10% of the world's industrialized nations and you and other liberals will be cheering wildly because we are still ahead of Argentina. You call that success while anyone who is remotely competitive would consider it a total failure.
Barney doesn't care, he just wants his party to look good, reality has nothing to do with it. Barney is a victim, we owe him. You will never convince him that he is not a victim, good possibility that he was raised to believe that he was incapable of providing for himself, and rightfully so. We probably should take care of people like Barney, but those with the mental and physical capabilities to take care of themselves should.

Location hidden

#28129 Dec 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
At just what date in history did the USA reach this "perch" we are "freefalling" from. What date did this "free fall" begin?

Location hidden

#28130 Dec 2, 2013
Pondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney doesn't care, he just wants his party to look good, reality has nothing to do with it. Barney is a victim, we owe him. You will never convince him that he is not a victim, good possibility that he was raised to believe that he was incapable of providing for himself, and rightfully so. We probably should take care of people like Barney, but those with the mental and physical capabilities to take care of themselves should.

Better read that again, someone complaining that they, will
"end up" in the bottom ten percent, is the one crying victim.

The world is a confusing place for you, is it not?

Location hidden

#28131 Dec 2, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
See if you understand this article as well?

Lucia Mutikani

Factory activity gauge rises to two and a half year high Reuters
Wall Street flat after ISM, construction spending data Reuters
US manufacturing grows at fastest in 2˝ years Associated Press
Fed Fuels Ongoing Recovery of U.S. Construction Wall St. Cheat Sheet
U.S. retail sales signal rise in demand; inflation tame Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A gauge of U.S. factory activity hit a 2-1/2-year high in November and construction spending increased solidly in October, brightening the economic outlook as the year winds down.

Monday's reports were the latest indication the economy was gaining strength despite the fiscal headwinds and could bring the Federal Reserve a step closer to scaling back its massive monetary stimulus.

ttp://finance.yahoo.com/news/u -factory-activity-gauge-rises- 180231252.html
Sam I Am

Mountain Home, AR

#28132 Dec 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Better read that again, someone complaining that they, will
"end up" in the bottom ten percent, is the one crying victim.
The world is a confusing place for you, is it not?
Why would put that picture of the ugly old bitch dog in you're avatar? I like the jack ass you had lot better.
You sicken me.
that is too much

Mountain Home, AR

#28133 Dec 3, 2013
Pondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney isn't a victim ,when he gets off of work as a dishwasher in Salem Arkansas he spends his time in fun land dreaming of doing a reach around with a burly black stud. Sadly because he is both demented and broke that dream won't come true so now at night he sneaks off to J town hoping to find s ome young bang banger that will let him do his thing.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#28134 Dec 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
At just what date in history did the USA reach this "perch" we are "freefalling" from. What date did this "free fall" begin?
Of course you already know that there is no exact date America became the greatest, most prosperous and powerful nation in the world. It was a process. I will answer your question anyway though. I would say that it was WWII that solidified our spot as best nation but the process began at our founding. As to when we fell, that too was a process. That process began in January 2009 when Obama took office and continues today. We won't be able to climb back up on that perch until Obama and the progressives are gone.

Location hidden

#28135 Dec 3, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you already know that there is no exact date America became the greatest, most prosperous and powerful nation in the world. It was a process. I will answer your question anyway though. I would say that it was WWII that solidified our spot as best nation but the process began at our founding. As to when we fell, that too was a process. That process began in January 2009 when Obama took office and continues today. We won't be able to climb back up on that perch until Obama and the progressives are gone.
Let's get in the ole time machine and go back to Jan, 2009 and see what was happening.

By Catherine Tymkiw, CNNMoney.com producer

January 31, 2009: 2:09 PM ET

CNNMoney.com (NEW YORK)-- Gasoline prices edged higher Saturday and are now 14% higher from where they started the month, according to a daily survey of credit card swipes.

NEW YORK – Wall Street ended its worst January ever by stumbling again over the banking system and the economy.

The major indexes all fell sharply for the second straight day, leaving the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor’s 500
index with record percentage drops for January – 8.84 percent and 8.57 percent, respectively.

Increase in unemployment rate in January 2009
February 10, 2009

Among the unemployed, the number of job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs increased to 7.0 million in January. This measure has grown by 3.2 million during the last 12 months.

More information can be found in "The Employment Situation: January 2009" (PDF)(HTML), news release USDL 09-0117.

You must have a very short memory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kasey eades (May '13) 36 min nick wad 62
Mustafa Naqvi (Nov '10) 4 hr mossy seaman 69
Skip and Cheryl 8 hr mossy seaman 4
Did Justin Ramsey/Noland and Scott Hodge break up 15 hr The Norphlet Times 1
Mullinax Prisoner 19 hr shooters anoymus 8
Samantha Miller 21 hr lolwhatanidiot 7
cheryl williams Sat omg 27
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web