6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27957 Nov 15, 2013
The report you mentioned was authored by Marilyn Travenor, the same that is mentioned in the following:

Marilyn Tavenner spearheaded the Affordable Care Act website rollout, www.healthcare.gov , that allows people to enroll in health care plans. The site faced a number of issues for users who were trying to enroll and on October 29, 2013, Tavenner issued an apology. She also said in her prepared testimony that "the initial consumer experience of HealthCare.gov has not lived up to the expectations of the American people and is not acceptable," adding that "we are committed to fixing these problems as soon as possible." and "I want to apologize to you that the website does not work as well as it should," she said.[3]
surgical repair

Mountain Home, AR

#27958 Nov 16, 2013
[QUOTE who="hey I'm a dick head"]<quoted text> Since you are so familiar with the procedure how long will we have to wait
[/QUOTE] In your case it takes about 1 month for adequate healing and then you can resume anal intercourse.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27959 Nov 16, 2013
surgical repair wrote:
<quoted text> In your case it takes about 1 month for adequate healing and then you can resume anal intercourse.
Barney's sex life is none of our business.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27960 Nov 16, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope my post did not suggest that at all, that is your suggestion, what page of the play book, you are so fond of quoting, cover putting words in someone's mouth.
What that did suggest was of the 18 million not included are those
incarcerated, nursing home residents, and various other things rendering a person uninsurable. Also it suggested,All policyies it is common knowledge, not to mention common sense, the ACH was not intended to cover anyone who is breathing.
That dig about the "5 million" was really cute, I love it when you place your ignorance on such grad display.
Are you familiar with the term, GRAND-FATHERED IN, do you have any idea how that works?
Here we go again with play on words. Obama has repeated that in the most powerful, prosperous country in the world, healthcare is a RIGHT for ALL Americans. Now does all mean everyone but those in jail, nursing homes, or various other things?

I am familiar with the term GRAND-FATHERED IN but I have, in recent months, become with a new term, GRAND-FATHERED OUT. It's the Obama administration that needs a refresher course on GRAND-FATHERED IN. Here's what happened with GRAND-FATHERED IN. Obama knew the history of Hillary Care. She admitted that, in order to usher in Hillary Care, all or almost all people would have to lose their plans and get on Hillary Care. That was like taking a truckload of gas, dumping it on a 100 year old house, and throwing a lit match on top of it. Hillary Care never had a chance. Fast forward to Obamacare. Obama came out and promised that if you like your insurance you can keep it, period. He said those plans would be GRAND-FATHERED IN. He had to because if he had said what Hillary said, the result would have been the same and he knew it. So he knowingly lies. Now, Obamacare becomes the law of the land. It was AFTER that moment that the GRAND-FATHERED IN rules changed. What was a seemingly doable plan for those that liked their plans took an intentionally deceiving turn. Obama changed the rules. Where once normal changes in insurance plans would not affect coverage now became the death sentence for those policies. How you ask? Obama narrowed the scope of changes insurance companies could make and still be in compliance with Obamacare to such a degree that 99.9% of changes insurance companies normally make would now make them in violation of the law. This made those policies null and void, forcing the people who liked those policies to face fine and no insurance or signing up on the exchanges even if they didn't want to. Obama knew that telling the truth about Obamacare would have doomed the bill. He lied regardless of the financial and physical pain and, now in some cases death, he knew Americans would face because of his lies. He didn't care because he only cares about himself and his intentional freedom killing agenda. So there's nothing "cute" about the 5 million and it wasn't intended to be cute. Sorry you feel that American's feeling pain because of the decisions of a leader you support is "cute". I don't.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#27961 Nov 16, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again with play on words..
Here we go again indeed, another incessantly loquacious, clueless rant.

"He said those plans would be GRAND-FATHERED IN"

Yes he did, and that is what the bill passed said, and that is exactly what happen. ACA grand-fathered all the individual policies that were in place at the time the law was enacted in 2010.

In 2014 all insurance companies by law must comply with the requirements of ACA.(Obamacare)

" This means that the plans in effect at the time that President Obama was pushing the bill could still be offered even if they did not meet all the standards laid out in the ACA."

Can you imagine how ecstatic insurance executives had to be with that gift of all gifts.

They could legally issue polices that they Knew would not be In compliance with the ACA in 2014, and would have to cancel them.

Did the insurance companies disclose this to the people who bought policies in that gap,(2010-2014) that the policy would not be in compliance in 2014? I highly doubt it.

Insurance companies raked in millions in premium, just biding their time to 2014 when they would deliver the mother of all sucker punches.

That is right, a sucker punch.

At the same time the (AHIP) the health insurance super lobby was cutting a deal with the White house to its stated support of Obama care legislation they were secretly funneling 102.4 million dollars over 15 months to the Chamber of Commerce to be used for advertising designed to convince the public Obama care should be defeated.(Read the whole story in Forbes Mag)a right wing publication.

Do you really think the Republican party did know what was going to happen in 2014 to those five million policies holders.

Did you see the Republican Party giving anyone a heads up between 2010-2014, NOPE, or the Democratic either as far as that goes.

Both parties dropped the ball, period, just one party was salivating at the prospects of political gain at the expense of 5 million uninformed people, those very much like you!

Kansas City Ks.

#27962 Nov 16, 2013
Excuse me I omitted a word in my opening remarks.

Here we go again indeed,READING another incessantly loquacious, clueless rant.

Why did you not throw in he said you keep your Dr. too.

The billed passed in 2010, and several thousand Dr.'s have retired, and even died since then.

Guess he lied about that to by your standards.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27963 Nov 16, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
Excuse me I omitted a word in my opening remarks.
Here we go again indeed,READING another incessantly loquacious, clueless rant.
Why did you not throw in he said you keep your Dr. too.
The billed passed in 2010, and several thousand Dr.'s have retired, and even died since then.
Guess he lied about that to by your standards.
Wow!!! Now it's the insurance companies fault and the Republicans fault for not telling anyone. Your saying that since there was a window of time that plans were GRAND-FATHERED IN, that somehow the people, who obviously didn't understand it that way, should be ok with losing their plan. Unbelievable, you're simply delusional. Of course you know those Republicans that people call extremist like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and radio and tv host like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and a host of others have been saying that millions would lose their coverage for years now. But we know they were wrong because they are wacky far out right wing extremist. Or are they, in light of how this has played out? You are correct that insurance companies stand to make huge profits from this law, sort of. It is the Democrats that were salivating about the 5 million losing coverage. That is of course until now when those Democrats who gave 100% support for this disaster of a law now have to try and get re-elected. You know that Obama is pushing towards a single payer system. Just in case you forgot, you can refresh your memory and see for yourself.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2008/june/barack_oba...

He will achieve this by demonizing the soon to be labeled as "greedy" insurance companies. He'll make regulations that limit the amount of profit those companies can make and drive them out of business. This will be very similar to what is happening in Switzerland with the limitations being put on salaries of CEO's.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/business/gl...

The doctor thing is the same. I don't need that in order to soundly prove that this bill is a disaster. It would just be piling on.
Emmer

Greenbrier, AR

#27964 Nov 16, 2013
Most demorats are lying scumbags... I didn't inhale or have sex with that woman. .course that depends on what is is .. Lol. Jokes they are and this one is no different...

Kansas City Ks.

#27965 Nov 16, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! Now it's the insurance companies fault and the Republicans fault for not telling anyone. Your saying that since there was a window of time that plans were GRAND-FATHERED IN, that somehow the people, who obviously didn't understand it that way, should be ok with losing their plan. Unbelievable, you're simply delusional. Of course you know those Republicans that people call extremist like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and radio and tv host like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and a host of others have been saying that millions would lose their coverage for years now. But we know they were wrong because they are wacky far out right wing extremist. Or are they, in light of how this has played out? You are correct that insurance companies stand to make huge profits from this law, sort of. It is the Democrats that were salivating about the 5 million losing coverage. That is of course until now when those Democrats who gave 100% support for this disaster of a law now have to try and get re-elected. You know that Obama is pushing towards a single payer system. Just in case you forgot, you can refresh your memory and see for yourself.
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2008/june/barack_oba...
He will achieve this by demonizing the soon to be labeled as "greedy" insurance companies. He'll make regulations that limit the amount of profit those companies can make and drive them out of business. This will be very similar to what is happening in Switzerland with the limitations being put on salaries of CEO's.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/business/gl...
The doctor thing is the same. I don't need that in order to soundly prove that this bill is a disaster. It would just be piling on.
ROF-LMFAO- I suppose the fact that you posted your reply about how I was only blaming ins. companies and the republican party away from the post that I said this,

"Did you see the Republican Party giving anyone a heads up between 2010-2014, NOPE, or the Democratic either as far as that goes.

Both parties dropped the ball, period, just one party was salivating at the prospects of political gain at the expense of five million uninformed people, those very much like you"

merely and over sight IM sure?

''''''''''
"The problem with closed-minded people is that their mouths are always open."

Author unknown
''''''''''

So all those folks you listed above, Cruz et-al, that have been preaching people would lose their coverage happen to ever, even once, mention those subject to lose coverage, was the ones who bought policies after the bill was passed.

NO, well that makes them just as guilty as President Obama, does it not Einstein?

For the 39 Democrats who voted with the Republicans on the Upton bill deserve to face primaries, and frankly in my opinion lose those primaries.

It is behavior of this sort, by both parties, that is a huge part of the problem in Washington D.C. as I speak.

To put their political position ahead of the public they were elected to represent is purely despicable.

Medicare is as close to socialized Medicine as you can get.

Try taking it away today, see what happens. It could not be stopped in 1965 regardless of what the Republicans said about it.

Only the future will tell if the ACH will repeat the success of the Medicare program, regardless of your opinion or mine.

Based on historic precedent - VS- NO precedent that it will fail, I like the odds it will succeed.

If this was going to be easy the Republicans would have done it long ago, well I guess you could say Mitt Romney did, didn't he.

"pile on" LMFAO, bring it.

Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27966 Nov 16, 2013

Author unknown
''''''''''
The author may be unknown but you know who he was talking about.
HEY FUDD

Mountain Home, AR

#27967 Nov 16, 2013
Emmer wrote:
Most demorats are lying scumbags... I didn't inhale or have sex with that woman..course that depends on what is is .. Lol. Jokes they are and this one is no different...
BUSH LIED - PEOPLE DIED-- BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WASTED.

Bush 2004: The Weapons Inspectors Lie

Grappling with the unpopularity of the Iraq war, President Bush sought to deflect that charge that he had gotten American stuck in a foolhardy war of choice, saying "After more than a decade of diplomacy, we gave Saddam Hussein another chance, a final chance, to meet his responsibilities to the civilized world. He again refused."
But Saddam did not refuse to let international inspectors in. After inspectors were struggling to find anything, Bush forced the inspectors out before they could formally conclude that Saddam was not stockpiling weapons of mass destruction.

Yet the claim is still embraced by Republicans today. In fact, FactCheck.org dinged Mitt Romney in 2007 for repeating it:
Happens every day

Jonesboro, AR

#27968 Nov 16, 2013
HEY FUDD wrote:
<quoted text>
Grappling with the unpopularity of the Iraq war, President Bush sought to deflect that charge that he had gotten American stuck in a foolhardy war of choice, saying "After more than a decade of diplomacy, we gave Saddam Hussein another chance, a final chance, to meet his responsibilities to the civilized world. He again refused."
But Saddam did not refuse to let international inspectors in. After inspectors were struggling to find anything, Bush forced the inspectors out before they could formally conclude that Saddam was not stockpiling weapons of mass destruction.
Yet the claim is still embraced by Republicans today. In fact, FactCheck.org dinged Mitt Romney in 2007 for repeating it:
And Obama is not want to change it
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27969 Nov 16, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
ROF-LMFAO- I suppose the fact that you posted your reply about how I was only blaming ins. companies and the republican party away from the post that I said this,
"Did you see the Republican Party giving anyone a heads up between 2010-2014, NOPE, or the Democratic either as far as that goes.
Both parties dropped the ball, period, just one party was salivating at the prospects of political gain at the expense of five million uninformed people, those very much like you"
merely and over sight IM sure?
''''''''''
Author unknown
''''''''''
So all those folks you listed above, Cruz et-al, that have been preaching people would lose their coverage happen to ever, even once, mention those subject to lose coverage, was the ones who bought policies after the bill was passed.
NO, well that makes them just as guilty as President Obama, does it not Einstein?
For the 39 Democrats who voted with the Republicans on the Upton bill deserve to face primaries, and frankly in my opinion lose those primaries.
It is behavior of this sort, by both parties, that is a huge part of the problem in Washington D.C. as I speak.
To put their political position ahead of the public they were elected to represent is purely despicable.
Medicare is as close to socialized Medicine as you can get.
Try taking it away today, see what happens. It could not be stopped in 1965 regardless of what the Republicans said about it.
Only the future will tell if the ACH will repeat the success of the Medicare program, regardless of your opinion or mine.
Based on historic precedent - VS- NO precedent that it will fail, I like the odds it will succeed.
If this was going to be easy the Republicans would have done it long ago, well I guess you could say Mitt Romney did, didn't he.
"pile on" LMFAO, bring it.
The tone of your post says you know Obamacare is a disaster and you know who is to blame for it. Barack Obama and his administration without a single Republican vote. Why you keep trying to spread the blame is beyond me. If the disastrous bill was never made law then there would be no blame for you to try to spread around. It is refreshing to see you blame both parties but that is marred by the fact that you are only doing that because of the epic failure known as Obamacare and not because you actually believe the Democrats are actually at fault. You, like the Democrats, are in survival mode and will do and say anything to save your backsides. Your other entitlement programs (SS, Medicare, and Medicaid) are all on life support. They are being propped up by funny math and the writing is on the wall for those programs. May be 2 years or 2 decades but the epic collapse is on the horizon. They are all unsustainable.
Marcus Welby DDS

Mountain Home, AR

#27970 Nov 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>The tone of your post says you know Obamacare is a disaster and you know who is to blame for it. Barack Obama and his administration without a single Republican vote. Why you keep trying to spread the blame is beyond me. If the disastrous bill was never made law then there would be no blame for you to try to spread around. It is refreshing to see you blame both parties but that is marred by the fact that you are only doing that because of the epic failure known as Obamacare and not because you actually believe the Democrats are actually at fault. You, like the Democrats, are in survival mode and will do and say anything to save your backsides. Your other entitlement programs (SS, Medicare, and Medicaid) are all on life support. They are being propped up by funny math and the writing is on the wall for those programs. May be 2 years or 2 decades but the epic collapse is on the horizon. They are all unsustainable.
Yawn..........

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#27971 Nov 17, 2013
HEY FUDD wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh thank you for standing up and protecting my lying a$$ from so much criticism, It really hurts my fragile ego when it became oblivious that I am only interested in my Golf game, finding new ways to destroy the United States and promoting the gay lifestyle.
Now that was a neat diversion when you just tried to blame Bush for the WMDs in Iran, But you should have added that that my enemy that lowlife Bill "the Cigar" Clinton also believed that there were WMDs and that the Democratic controlled Congress approved the war so to be technically correct it was "Bill Clinton and the Democrats lied and People Died"!
Now as you folks all have found out by now that I am a down low member( you would be to if you had to put up with MOOSHELL) so I have always Wondered what a Clinton Cigar tasted like. I tried to ask Hillary that question but then I realized that she was into women.
HEY DUMB ASS

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#27972 Nov 17, 2013
better answers wrote:
<quoted text>Oh thank you for standing up and protecting my lying a$$ from so much criticism, It really hurts my fragile ego when it became oblivious that I am only interested in my Golf game, finding new ways to destroy the United States and promoting the gay lifestyle.
Now that was a neat diversion when you just tried to blame Bush for the WMDs in Iran, But you should have added that that my enemy that lowlife Bill "the Cigar" Clinton also believed that there were WMDs and that the Democratic controlled Congress approved the war so to be technically correct it was "Bill Clinton and the Democrats lied and People Died"!
Now as you folks all have found out by now that I am a down low member( you would be to if you had to put up with MOOSHELL) so I have always Wondered what a Clinton Cigar tasted like. I tried to ask Hillary that question but then I realized that she was into women.
Your lying ass is the only thing you got correct in that post.
It was Iraq not IRAN, to bring you up to date no WMD's were found and another thing, IRAQ invasion was in 2003, the 108th Congress was in session and Republicans held majority in both houses.
To be such a homophobic why are you so interested in the taste of Bill Clinton's penis? You might as well come out of the closet since you opened the door.
HEY DUMB Arse

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#27973 Nov 17, 2013
better answers wrote:
<quoted text>Oh thank you for standing up and protecting my lying a$$ from so much criticism, It really hurts my fragile ego when it became oblivious that I am only interested in my Golf game, finding new ways to destroy the United States and promoting the gay lifestyle.
Your lying ass would be correct.
It was IRAQ that was invaded, not IRAN, to bring you up to date no WMD's were found there either.
IRAQ was invaded in 2003, the 108th Congress was in session and both Houses held a Republican majority.
To be such a homophobic why is it you are so interested in the taste of Bill Clinton's penis?

Kansas City Ks.

#27975 Nov 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The tone of your post says you know Obamacare is a disaster and you know who is to blame for it. Barack Obama and his administration without a single Republican vote. Why you keep trying to spread the blame is beyond me. If the disastrous bill was never made law then there would be no blame for you to try to spread around. It is refreshing to see you blame both parties but that is marred by the fact that you are only doing that because of the epic failure known as Obamacare and not because you actually believe the Democrats are actually at fault. You, like the Democrats, are in survival mode and will do and say anything to save your backsides. Your other entitlement programs (SS, Medicare, and Medicaid) are all on life support. They are being propped up by funny math and the writing is on the wall for those programs. May be 2 years or 2 decades but the epic collapse is on the horizon. They are all unsustainable.
OH yeah, about that "precedent' thing I mention, forgot one.

“This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches. My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches.”
A Democrat in 2013? Wrong! Actually, it was Rep. Joe Barton, a Texas Republican who chaired the House Energy and Commerce Committee, about Medicare Part D in 2006"

"When former President Bush rolled out Medicare Part D, it had huge problems — but it is now widely popular. Instead of writhing orgasmically in the backseat mocking the fail, Democrats got on board to help fix Bush’s plan. This is what grown ups who are paid to make policy do"

By: Sarah Jones
Sunday, November, 17th, 2013, 9:46 am
HEY DUMMY

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#27976 Nov 17, 2013
U R Wrong numb nuts wrote:
<quoted text> Look you ficken moron, they were talking about the Iraq war where Sadam had already gassed thousands of Kurds .
Well here is the correct information.
For the record, according to a very useful and concise discussion on Wikipedia,“The 2002 Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) was a law passed by the United States Congress authorizing what was soon to become the Iraq War. The authorization was sought by President George W. Bush. Introduced as H.J.Res. 114, it passed the House on October 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133, and by the Senate on October 11 by a vote of 77-23. It was signed into law by President Bush on October 16.”
In the House, 215 Republicans voted Yes, 6 No and 2 Present; 81 Democrats voted Yes, 126 No (61% of the delegation) and 1 Present; the sole Independent voted No. The final vote was 296 Yes (69% of the House), 133 No, and 3 Present.
In the Senate, 28 Democrats voted Yes (56% of the delegation, including Senators Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Biden, Bayh, and Daschle) and 22 voted No; 49 Republicans voted Yes and one voted No (Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island). Note that the Democrats controlled the Senate and could have postponed a vote on the Resolution until after the November election.
So dick head

YOU were Wrong The Democrats controlled the SENATE!
Now go over to the junior high play ground on Monday and see if you can find that child that you molested.
Look again dumbass, there are 100 Senators in the Senate, the Vice President also has a vote. The Vice President was a Republican.
You see Moron, Republicans had 51 vote to the Democrats 50
I know it is impossible for you to count past twenty, unless you have more fingers and toes than that.
Look what you posted idiot,

"58% of Democratic senators (29 of 50) voted for the resolution"

GET it 51 votes are higher than 50 and there was not 50 dems who voted yes anyway.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27977 Nov 17, 2013
Marcus Welby DDS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn..........
I guess it is hard for you to stay awake when you can't understand the subject matter, I believe there is Topix For Toddlers, try it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Banderas waitress 1 hr well1 2
Toddy for Mayor 3 hr LGBT 2
When my folks wentvto Africa 10 hr Joey Farnslidd 1
Work on the Christmas Tree (Sep '16) 13 hr Mem 14
Vandals destroying property 15 hr Mee 20
Great Food 18 hr Lisa 2
Jokes Fri Ned Letty 1

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance