Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Barney II

Ash Flat, AR

#27896 Nov 12, 2013
DemocratsRSaviors wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you insist on repeating what has already been shown.

"Wisdom and understanding should not be forced on anyone. We have an unalienable right to remain ignorant if we so desire"
You are doing an exquisite job of doing so
lMFAO, since you exercise that right to the hilt, I just wanted you to understand which part Of your post I agreed with.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27897 Nov 12, 2013
Hey Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
You might ask yourself, what percentage of the populist in third world countries have received an education.
Would you agree very few is the correct answer?
Of course I agree. What's your point? If you're saying that their country is underdeveloped because there is no access to higher education you would be comparing apples to oranges. I didn't say that we should do away with education. I was simply saying that with a declining workforce, increased numbers of students in higher education institutions creates multiple problems for our country. The only way someone would see more students in college as a plus in a country with high unemployment and outrageous non-participation numbers as a good thing is if those added students were getting something else out of college like being indoctrinated which plays directly into progressive ideology.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27898 Nov 12, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"optimistic realist"
Seriously, a optimistic person says
"today sucks and I am convinced the future will be worse than
today, so screw getting and education"
Ever consider all those students might know something you don't, something like this perhaps?
It isn't just high tech positions in American manufacturing that aren't being filled. The consultant company Deloitte surveyed the industry and found 600,000 perfectly good jobs going unfilled because of a lack of "soft skills."
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/10/6...
I never said anything like that. Maybe it's what you wanted me to say. I would say skip college and go to a trade school like a plumbing or electrician school. The plumbers and electricians where I live make anywhere between $35-$95 per hr.

As for your "soft skill" article, it said that it was harder to find workers in 2012 than it was in 2007. Now what fundamental shift happened to America in that time frame? I'll give you a hint. It has to do with a landmark presidential election and the following "leadership" from the new president that won that election. Making an argument against your own position isn't a good practice.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27899 Nov 12, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What I believe is immaterial.
If the numbers are blatantly skewed, as you suggest, you should have no problem proving what you said is true.
"Wisdom and understanding should not be forced on anyone. We have an unalienable right to remain ignorant if we so desire"
You are doing an exquisite job of doing so
You need not exercise that right so freely. You might not be as dumb as you act but look at those two that look up to you, think of how you are leading them astray.
Barbraella

Springdale, AR

#27900 Nov 12, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
You need not exercise that right so freely. You might not be as dumb as you act but look at those two that look up to you, think of how you are leading them astray.
You assume too, much.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#27901 Nov 12, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything like that. Maybe it's what you wanted me to say. I would say skip college and go to a trade school like a plumbing or electrician school. The plumbers and electricians where I live make anywhere between $35-$95 per hr.
As for your "soft skill" article, it said that it was harder to find workers in 2012 than it was in 2007. Now what fundamental shift happened to America in that time frame? I'll give you a hint. It has to do with a landmark presidential election and the following "leadership" from the new president that won that election. Making an argument against your own position isn't a good practice.
Excuse me, you post opinions daily about how bad things are in the U.S., chastising this administration for creating this God awful situation of today, as you just did in this very post.

"Now what fundamental shift happened to America in that time frame?"

You did not stop at the present in your previous post, you projected your vision of gloom and doom into the future as well.

"So much so that they are willing to burden so many people with so much debt and increasingly narrower prospects of finding jobs"

You most certainly did say something like that.

So the jobs are not there, an not going to be there, for those who continue their post high school education.

What in the world would make you think if there are no jobs, for one with a four year degree, there will be a better chance for a tradesman finding a job?

For a self proclaimed business owner, you of all people, should

know that the "plumbers and electricians" that charge

"$35-$95 per HR." for damn sure are not netting that amount.

If a store sells a product for one dollar, is their profit one dollar as well. NOPE

Based on the above and previous comments, you are hardly one to be judging the quality of any ones argument, it would behoove you to perfect your own.

Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#27903 Nov 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, you post opinions daily about how bad things are in the U.S., chastising this administration for creating this God awful situation of today, as you just did in this very post.
"Now what fundamental shift happened to America in that time frame?"
You did not stop at the present in your previous post, you projected your vision of gloom and doom into the future as well.
"So much so that they are willing to burden so many people with so much debt and increasingly narrower prospects of finding jobs"
You most certainly did say something like that.
So the jobs are not there, an not going to be there, for those who continue their post high school education.
What in the world would make you think if there are no jobs, for one with a four year degree, there will be a better chance for a tradesman finding a job?
For a self proclaimed business owner, you of all people, should
know that the "plumbers and electricians" that charge
"$35-$95 per HR." for damn sure are not netting that amount.
If a store sells a product for one dollar, is their profit one dollar as well. NOPE
Based on the above and previous comments, you are hardly one to be judging the quality of any ones argument, it would behoove you to perfect your own.
I believe this is rule #8 of "Rules for Radicals".

8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."

As I have said on countless occassions, it is up to the individual to make or break himself or herself. That doesn't mean that outside circumstances, such as overburdensome taxes that a successful business owner has no control over, can't affect the overall level of success. If increased taxes cause citizens to have less money, then there is less money for those citizens to spend. That is completely outside of a successful business model under ideal circumstances. You of course know this.

As for your plumber analogy you are marginally correct. Gas and maintenance for their tools and vehicle is all that comes out of that houly rate which I can assure you isn't much for each call. They pass the price of the items used on to the customer.

Location hidden

#27905 Nov 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this is rule #8 of "Rules for Radicals".
8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose."
As I have said on countless occassions, it is up to the individual to make or break himself or herself. That doesn't mean that outside circumstances, such as overburdensome taxes that a successful business owner has no control over, can't affect the overall level of success. If increased taxes cause citizens to have less money, then there is less money for those citizens to spend. That is completely outside of a successful business model under ideal circumstances. You of course know this.
As for your plumber analogy you are marginally correct. Gas and maintenance for their tools and vehicle is all that comes out of that houly rate which I can assure you isn't much for each call. They pass the price of the items used on to the customer.
OMG, "marginally correct", where do you get this crap?

Off the top of my head I can add numerous other expenses associated with a tradesman doing business.

Would you like for me to name a few, seems like a business owner like yourself would not need a refresher course on the cost of dong business.

However I suspect the every day run of the mill, Topix Troll. would.
Jessica

Little Rock, AR

#27906 Nov 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Off the top of my head I can add numerous other expenses associated with a tradesman doing business.
Would you like for me to name a few, seems like a business owner like yourself would not need a refresher course on the cost of dong business.
Business and economic lessons from a night cook at McDonalds, I don't believe that anyone values your rants any more Barney. You are right though, you will always be a victim, you should have taken advantage of the opportunities your military career gave you.

Location hidden

#27907 Nov 13, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
Business and economic lessons from a night cook at McDonalds, I don't believe that anyone values your rants any more Barney. You are right though, you will always be a victim, you should have taken advantage of the opportunities your military career gave you.
Adhominem attacks, as the one above, is a strong indication that the speaker is lacking intelligence, and character.

Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27908 Nov 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Adhominem attacks, as the one above, is a strong indication that the speaker is lacking intelligence, and character.
You are referring to Post #27905? Barney, you have ceased to make any sense.
OlPapaw

United States

#27909 Nov 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy, not everyone drafted into to the Army went into infantry divisions.
WTF are you getting at?
I am getting at you referred to yourself as "Viet-Nam era vet".Not a Viet-Nam veteran.I will not disparage anyones service.It takes cooks,cops and Colonels to support grunts in the field.
I recall that a lot of people were trying to join to avoid life in the field.Do not blame them a bit.National Guard and reserve units were full!
Thank you for your service Barney, good day.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27910 Nov 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do list them.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27911 Nov 13, 2013
Oh the irony!!!

Obama's main reason for wanting Obamacare was that there were 30 million residents that had no healthcare. Well, now that Obamacare is the law of the land we have 50,000 that have signed up bringing the 30 million all the way down to 29,950,000. Combine that with the 5 million who have been dropped from their insurance and the total number of uninsured now stands at 34,950,000. The estimates for people who will lose their insurance because of Obamacare is around 128 million. Maybe this is why all the Democrats facing an election in 2014 are heading for the hills attempting to leave Obama behind. Problem is, their name is in the "Yea" column for the vote on Obamacare and they will have to defend that decision. What a success story for progressive liberals LOL.
Barney Fight Song

Jonesboro, AR

#27912 Nov 13, 2013
When danger reared its ugly head, Barney turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Barney turned about
And gallantly, he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Barney

Location hidden

#27913 Nov 13, 2013
OlPapaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting at you referred to yourself as "Viet-Nam era vet".Not a Viet-Nam veteran.I will not disparage anyones service.It takes cooks,cops and Colonels to support grunts in the field.
I recall that a lot of people were trying to join to avoid life in the field.Do not blame them a bit.National Guard and reserve units were full!
Thank you for your service Barney, good day.
You are correct sir, when someone is called a Vietnam vet I presume they had boots on the ground in that country, I did not.

Out of respect of those I served with that did and all the others like yourself, I would not make such a claim.

I will tell you this, those B-52 bombers and KC 135's we took care of, supported those grunts as well, often returning with scars to prove it was no walk in the park.

Location hidden

#27914 Nov 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
Oh the irony!!!
Obama's main reason for wanting Obamacare was that there were 30 million residents that had no healthcare. Well, now that Obamacare is the law of the land we have 50,000 that have signed up bringing the 30 million all the way down to 29,950,000. Combine that with the 5 million who have been dropped from their insurance and the total number of uninsured now stands at 34,950,000. The estimates for people who will lose their insurance because of Obamacare is around 128 million. Maybe this is why all the Democrats facing an election in 2014 are heading for the hills attempting to leave Obama behind. Problem is, their name is in the "Yea" column for the vote on Obamacare and they will have to defend that decision. What a success story for progressive liberals LOL.
You know the thought of the 2014 elections coming up scares me to death IM here to tell YA'

OOPS, sorry about that. I thought I was a Republican for second there.

The results of the latest survey show that incumbent Republicans in 15 of the 25 districts polled trail generic Democratic candidates.

When combined with the results of the previous surveys, the polls show that generic Democratic candidates lead in 37 of 61 GOP-held districts.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, poor guy, getting a primary challenge from the Tea Party and tied in the polls with his Democrat opponent in a solid red state. Imagine that?

Still laughing now?
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27915 Nov 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the thought of the 2014 elections coming up scares me to death IM here to tell YA'
OOPS, sorry about that. I thought I was a Republican for second there.
The results of the latest survey show that incumbent Republicans in 15 of the 25 districts polled trail generic Democratic candidates.
When combined with the results of the previous surveys, the polls show that generic Democratic candidates lead in 37 of 61 GOP-held districts.
Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, poor guy, getting a primary challenge from the Tea Party and tied in the polls with his Democrat opponent in a solid red state. Imagine that?
Still laughing now?
No, and if you were half way intelligent, you wouldn't be either. I suppose if I were the type that thought everybody owed me, I would be.

Location hidden

#27916 Nov 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do list them.
Sure, no problem, here is a partial list

1. License, business and professional .Continuing education to keep those state LIC.

2.vehicle insurance, professional liability insurance, workers comp insurance.

3. Inventory, you think they just run down to the hardware store when they need a part?

4.New Tool replacement, things do break and ware out you know.

5.Warehouse and office expense.

Do you assume they all just work out of their vehicle, and get parts at the hardware store.

6. Telephone or carrier pigeons, then you got bird feed and cages to buy.

7.Self employment tax.

8. Labor, cost of helpers, most have at last one, not all,

9 Office supplies, business cards, invoices etc.

10.Tax preparation and book keeping.

"gas and maintenance for their tools and vehicle is all that comes out of that hourly rate"

Really, where does the cost for the things listed above come from Mr. business?

Location hidden

#27917 Nov 13, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
You are referring to Post #27905? Barney, you have ceased to make any sense.
No, im pretty sure the post I was replying to was one the one attached to my reply, silly person, you have been on here long enough to know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four Brothers Seafood (Oct '12) 9 min EldoMasterBlaster 117
New Festival City plan 12 min EldoMasterBlaster 33
Where is Yancy Leach? 5 hr Need to Know 16
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 6 hr golfer 739
So Glad this Person has been Dumbed Down a Bit 18 hr Duck lover 105
Crystal Husbands 20 hr CrazyLady 6
richard owens (Sep '12) 23 hr Alton 9
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match

El Dorado People Search