Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#27305 Oct 14, 2013

File Photo / Courtsey of Walmart

Written by

Kristen B. Reed

Filed Under
News

Customers staged a disturbance, took unpaid for groceries and walked out of a Mississippi Walmart after they were unable to use their food stamp cards on Saturday.

People in 17 states found themselves unable to buy groceries with their food stamp debit-style cards Saturday after a routine check by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure.

The mini riot, happened at the Walmart in Philadelphia, Miss. Shortly thereafter, managers decided to temporarily close the store.

“For the safety of our customers we did make a management decision to close the store.

We’re looking into everything; looking at surveillance video and working with the local police,” said Kayla Whaling, a spokesperson for Walmart.

Whaling said the disturbance happened around 10:00 p.m. and the store reopened around 11:30 p.m. She also said she was not aware of any injuries.

Whaling said Walmart has not yet calculated the financial impact of the incident.
The Philadelphia Police Department was not immediately available to comment on the case.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27306 Oct 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Same ole song that has been sung by Republicans since the inception of Social Security in 1935, and in 1965 when Medicare came along.
Here we are, 70 some odd years later, still moving along, Republicans would still love to do away with both.
How's that Ponzi Scheme Social Security working out for this country Barney Boy. Lots of money in there to pay everybody right? You truly are a dumb ass!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27307 Oct 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you babbling about now?
That's what we say about everyone of your posts! LMAO!

Since: Jun 13

United States

#27308 Oct 14, 2013
Funny, in Little Rock, a group walked into a clothing store and shoplifted shoes and clothing without the pretense of paying for anything.
I do not see any difference.
Awakened

Jonesboro, AR

#27309 Oct 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Same ole song that has been sung by Republicans since the inception of Social Security in 1935, and in 1965 when Medicare came along.
Here we are, 70 some odd years later, still moving along, Republicans would still love to do away with both.
Yes, Social Security and Medicare are in great shape, will be solid for generations to come.

Searcy, AR

#27310 Oct 14, 2013
We aren't in any trouble .. We are loaded with money.. Just ask any stupid dumbass democrat.. Money flying everywhere... Don't fix a damn thing... Ain't life great??? Democrat= terrorists
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27311 Oct 14, 2013
Guest wrote:
We aren't in any trouble .. We are loaded with money.. Just ask any stupid dumbass democrat.. Money flying everywhere... Don't fix a damn thing... Ain't life great??? Democrat= terrorists
Great post! Libtards know it they just can't admit it in public for fear of losing all of their freebies!

United States

#27312 Oct 14, 2013
Social Security would have worked! If the congress had not been allowed to raid the coffers! The grand experiment !
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27313 Oct 14, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
Social Security would have worked! If the congress had not been allowed to raid the coffers! The grand experiment !
If I was allowed to invest on my own the money I have contributed to Social Security I would be much better off financially.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27314 Oct 14, 2013
I don't make this stuff up folks. I am just the messenger..

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/watch-t...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27315 Oct 14, 2013
liberalequalslia r

Memphis, TN

#27316 Oct 14, 2013
liberalequalslia r

Memphis, TN

#27317 Oct 14, 2013
Obama's words and promises not matching reality http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/14/fa...

United States

#27318 Oct 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Thanks for the web-site!
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27320 Oct 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that those who want to make their own retirement should be able to opt out of SS though I realize that will never happen. Of course, I feel that the private market would do much better in administering Medicare, but again, never gonna happen. Obamacare is a no brainer. It's gotta go. The sign up numbers are not being released because they are so low. With as much criticism as this bill has rightfully taken, there would be no better way to shut the critics up than to show the overwhelming success of the initial sign up (kinda like a company's IPO on the stock market). There's no reason for the Obama administration to go on a victory tour because the reality of this bill is being realized by the ignorant people who thought it would be free as they find out their new premiums.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#27321 Oct 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that those who want to make their own retirement should be able to opt out of SS though I realize that will never happen. Of course, I feel that the private market would do much better in administering Medicare, but again, never gonna happen. Obamacare is a no brainer. It's gotta go. The sign up numbers are not being released because they are so low. With as much criticism as this bill has rightfully taken, there would be no better way to shut the critics up than to show the overwhelming success of the initial sign up (kinda like a company's IPO on the stock market). There's no reason for the Obama administration to go on a victory tour because the reality of this bill is being realized by the ignorant people who thought it would be free as they find out their new premiums.
Agree, great post.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27322 Oct 14, 2013
THIS is the reason entitlements need to be reigned in. As well as I have heard anyone articulate the argument.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/14/th...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27323 Oct 14, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
I disagree but you may be right about it working. This is another example of why government needs to be given the bare minimum as far as programs they control go. Things like the military I can understand. Things that deal with our money that is supposed to go to sustaining us in any way shape or form should NEVER be turned over to the government. All the programs the government controls are going broke so why do we keep giving them more?
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27324 Oct 14, 2013
Awakened wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Social Security and Medicare are in great shape, will be solid for generations to come.
Exactly how do you define "great shape"? I can't wait to hear this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
building 44 min Dollar General 3
Peter Greenberg - need help finding Tue Townie 14
No Uber, no Lyft, no taxis? (Jun '16) Tue EldoMasterBlaster 12
I Need a Doctor thats not scared to write a RX! (Jul '14) Jan 11 Dookis Brown 43
Does anyone in El Dorado take Adult Medicaid be... Jan 5 Sama 6
Nostalgic El Dorado (May '08) Jan 1 Mimi 942
Deer hunters (Oct '16) Jan 1 recent widow 145

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages