Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26237 Aug 6, 2013
Dont Know Much Either wrote:
<quoted text>
"Don't Know Nothing" would equate to "Knows Everything". Nearly everyone knows more than those that they feel they know everything, therefore I will stand on my statement. You might consider your next moniker to be "Not Full of Nothing" since it is obvious that you are full of "It"
LOL ok so you almost got the point. If someone "don't know nothing" then they actually "know something" not "know everything". Almost made a correct statement. An exceptional improvement from your prior posts. Congrats.
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26238 Aug 6, 2013
she knows how to wrote:
<quoted text>This ugly bag of wind got run out of Arkansas. She has no skills and that's why she is all for income and wealth redistribution, but she knows how to use the system to get everything possible without having to work.
She is about as far left as you can get with her rabid views as you can tell since she has the IQ boarding 50. She is one of those "useful fools "the communist party loves. Actually she does not know anything except where she can get that welfare check.
Wow, I see some people have yet to grow up. You would think that someone could have a reasonable conversation, instead of degrading an individual for having opposing views; however, coming from someone who likes to cherry pick sentencing that is used by me then I would say you are more incline to agree with me rather than result in derogatory comments towards what I say.
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26239 Aug 7, 2013
Guest wrote:
O- blow me says he against those temporary jobs the pipe line will have.. That dumb bassterd thinks those bridge jobs he keeps harping on is permanent ones it seems.. After that bridge is built how many people does it take to run it?? Hmmm. Typical democrat $hit!!
I know you are probably not talking to me or about me; however, you make comments in general that insist on a reply. You think that the pipeline is going to create thousands of permanent jobs? At least if a bridge is built or repaired then people can go to work safely. They do not have to worry about the ground collapsing underneath their vehicle, or better yet, they do not have to worry about thousands of gallons of hard crude settling to the bottom of their drinking water. There are over 180k bridges that need attention in our country and over 66k or 11% of U.S. bridges that need immediate action. That is 1 in 9 bridges that need repair. Sadly, 90% of those bridges are not a part of the National Highway System, which means they are not a part of an Interstate or major highway. That means 90% will most likely not be repaired until they do collapse. A lot of bridges may not need someone standing in a control tower running the operations of structure, but how many people do pipelines employ after they have been built. If a bridge breaks, lives are lost. If a pipeline breaks, lives are lost and the environment is damaged. If a bridge is built, people are safe and can go to work. If the keystone pipeline is built, we receive Canadian crude which we will sell over seas at a higher price after we refine it here for diesel and effectively drive prices of diesel higher. Who benefits from that? The Canadians and the oil companies? LOL what a joke.
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26240 Aug 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called the Word of God, not the word of Peter. Written by man divinely inspired by God. It is God's word.
LOL, I hate religious topics because they are a judge of ones internal thoughts, emotions, and ones way of thinking. However, I must interject my opinion. If "Peter" said something "God" told him in today's society would that not make him "crazy"? How do we know that God directly told peter anything, and if he in fact did tell him something then why can he not tell anyone something? What makes Peter better than any other man? Because he was one of the "Twelve Apostles"? Could God not tell anyone today "something" and them write a book or story about what was said? Fact is NO, because they would be ostracized, and condemned for even talking of such things. People have many interpretations of the Bible and to some they take it in the literal sense and some take it as a way to guide someone's way of life. Is it not strange that revelations was written at the same time the Romans were creating chaos and pillaging every village and countryside at the time? Is it not strange that after the writings, the purging and looting of the people seemed to die off? Was Revelations not written after the death of Jesus at a time of social unrest? Is it not weird that the book tried to teach a way of life and beginning, before scientific studies disproved the very fact. Is it not strange that the book talks about how we should treat others as we treat ourselves and to respect our fellow man? Is it not weird that it teaches we need to help those in need and act as one brethren to succeed in life? The book is a moral guide to social and emotional well being. Nobody is perfect, and those who act and pretend like they are, are nothing more than hypocrites aka. most Christians. That is just how I feel about the subject. For those of you who believe otherwise, that is fine; however, do not try to impose what you "think" is right upon those who have doubts or questions. You only degrade the very "religion" you believe in and look like a Pharisees. Quit trying to tell people they are wrong all the time, and understand their side of the story. Right or wrong you, nor any of your buddies on here have any right to take something you are not entirely sure of and shove it down someone's throat as a well known fact.
seriously

Ashburn, VA

#26241 Aug 7, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I hate religious topics because they are a judge of ones internal thoughts, emotions, and ones way of thinking. However, I must interject my opinion. If "Peter" said something "God" told him in today's society would that not make him "crazy"? How do we know that God directly told peter anything, and if he in fact did tell him something then why can he not tell anyone something? What makes Peter better than any other man? Because he was one of the "Twelve Apostles"? Could God not tell anyone today "something" and them write a book or story about what was said? Fact is NO, because they would be ostracized, and condemned for even talking of such things. People have many interpretations of the Bible and to some they take it in the literal sense and some take it as a way to guide someone's way of life. Is it not strange that revelations was written at the same time the Romans were creating chaos and pillaging every village and countryside at the time? Is it not strange that after the writings, the purging and looting of the people seemed to die off? Was Revelations not written after the death of Jesus at a time of social unrest? Is it not weird that the book tried to teach a way of life and beginning, before scientific studies disproved the very fact. Is it not strange that the book talks about how we should treat others as we treat ourselves and to respect our fellow man? Is it not weird that it teaches we need to help those in need and act as one brethren to succeed in life? The book is a moral guide to social and emotional well being. Nobody is perfect, and those who act and pretend like they are, are nothing more than hypocrites aka. most Christians. That is just how I feel about the subject. For those of you who believe otherwise, that is fine; however, do not try to impose what you "think" is right upon those who have doubts or questions. You only degrade the very "religion" you believe in and look like a Pharisees. Quit trying to tell people they are wrong all the time, and understand their side of the story. Right or wrong you, nor any of your buddies on here have any right to take something you are not entirely sure of and shove it down someone's throat as a well known fact.
No one here is trying to force you or any one else to believe ar accept anything .
Quit telling me or anyone else on here what we can or cannot think, believe, or post! And stop shoving your judgements down our throats as if you are the final authority!
Whether you believe or not doesn't make God any less God.
And frankly, if you have a problem with it, take it up with God, and not anyone here who has just as much right to express their take on things as you do! What in the world makes you feel that your opinion on this is any more valid or correct than anyone else here? Because it's you? And you are so special? Hardly!!
You are quite the hypocritical Pharisee, yourself!
Why do you stomp your foot, point your finger, and have the audacity to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't post or believe, and dare to proclaim anyone anyone else judgemental and hypocritical, when you are the guilty one?
You are as in love with yourself and your ideas as is the other poor sap here...both of you thinking you have some sort of privilege and authority to call people out on what you deem wrong, and all the while being the most guilty hypocrites here.
Are you more special than Peter? I don't think so, either.
Believe what you want to. Post your opinion all you would like.
But if you have a problem with me choosing to believe believe what I have read in the Bible, then take that up with the Author, and stop telling me what and how to think.
guest

Paragould, AR

#26242 Aug 7, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>No one here is trying to force you or any one else to believe ar accept anything .
Quit telling me or anyone else on here what we can or cannot think, believe, or post! And stop shoving your judgements down our throats as if you are the final authority!
Whether you believe or not doesn't make God any less God.
And frankly, if you have a problem with it, take it up with God, and not anyone here who has just as much right to express their take on things as you do! What in the world makes you feel that your opinion on this is any more valid or correct than anyone else here? Because it's you? And you are so special? Hardly!!
You are quite the hypocritical Pharisee, yourself!
Why do you stomp your foot, point your finger, and have the audacity to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't post or believe, and dare to proclaim anyone anyone else judgemental and hypocritical, when you are the guilty one?
You are as in love with yourself and your ideas as is the other poor sap here...both of you thinking you have some sort of privilege and authority to call people out on what you deem wrong, and all the while being the most guilty hypocrites here.
Are you more special than Peter? I don't think so, either.
Believe what you want to. Post your opinion all you would like.
But if you have a problem with me choosing to believe believe what I have read in the Bible, then take that up with the Author, and stop telling me what and how to think.
Oh the irony. Lol
seriously

Ashburn, VA

#26243 Aug 7, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text> ...
"If "Peter" said something "God" told him in today's society would that not make him "crazy"? How do we know that God directly told peter anything, and if he in fact did tell him something then why can he not tell anyone something? What makes Peter better than any other man? Because he was one of the "Twelve Apostles"? Could God not tell anyone today "something" and them write a book or story about what was said? Fact is NO, because they would be ostracized, and condemned for even talking of such things.
And how do you know He didn't?
Btw, Peter was indeed ostracized, and condemned for speaking such things. He was killed for it.
I agree with you, I doubt much has changed today. Your post proves it.
In fact, the same fate that Peter met, countless of other Christians around the world are experiencing at this very moment...brutal and cruel deaths simply because narrow-minded, judgemental hypocrites won't allow anyone to think, believe, and worship any other way than the way they stomp their feet and demand them to do...and these Christians that you described in such a negative way, are being tortured, imprisoned, and killed for simply believing the Bible is true.
Yes, these Christians sure do sound like the scoundrels you've warned us about! A group to be feared and ostracized, for sure!

Since: Dec 10

Overland Park Kansas

#26244 Aug 7, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I hate religious topics because they are a judge of ones internal thoughts, emotions, and ones way of thinking. However, I must interject my opinion. If "Peter" said something "God" told him in today's society would that not make him "crazy"? How do we know that God directly told peter anything, and if he in fact did tell him something then why can he not tell anyone something? What makes Peter better than any other man? Because he was one of the "Twelve Apostles"? Could God not tell anyone today "something" and them write a book or story about what was said? Fact is NO, because they would be ostracized, and condemned for even talking of such things. People have many interpretations of the Bible and to some they take it in the literal sense and some take it as a way to guide someone's way of life. Is it not strange that revelations was written at the same time the Romans were creating chaos and pillaging every village and countryside at the time? Is it not strange that after the writings, the purging and looting of the people seemed to die off? Was Revelations not written after the death of Jesus at a time of social unrest? Is it not weird that the book tried to teach a way of life and beginning, before scientific studies disproved the very fact. Is it not strange that the book talks about how we should treat others as we treat ourselves and to respect our fellow man? Is it not weird that it teaches we need to help those in need and act as one brethren to succeed in life? The book is a moral guide to social and emotional well being. Nobody is perfect, and those who act and pretend like they are, are nothing more than hypocrites aka. most Christians. That is just how I feel about the subject. For those of you who believe otherwise, that is fine; however, do not try to impose what you "think" is right upon those who have doubts or questions. You only degrade the very "religion" you believe in and look like a Pharisees. Quit trying to tell people they are wrong all the time, and understand their side of the story. Right or wrong you, nor any of your buddies on here have any right to take something you are not entirely sure of and shove it down someone's throat as a well known fact.
Bravo, well said.

What a refreshing turn of events to see a rational opinion.

Thank you

Since: Dec 10

Overland Park Kansas

#26245 Aug 7, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know He didn't?
Btw, Peter was indeed ostracized, and condemned for speaking such things. He was killed for it.
I agree with you, I doubt much has changed today. Your post proves it.
In fact, the same fate that Peter met, countless of other Christians around the world are experiencing at this very moment...brutal and cruel deaths simply because narrow-minded, judgemental hypocrites won't allow anyone to think, believe, and worship any other way than the way they stomp their feet and demand them to do...and these Christians that you described in such a negative way, are being tortured, imprisoned, and killed for simply believing the Bible is true.
Yes, these Christians sure do sound like the scoundrels you've warned us about! A group to be feared and ostracized, for sure!
"these Christians sure do sound like the scoundrels you've warned us about! A group to be feared and ostracized, for sure"


I would bet the people of Iraq would agree with you,unfortunately
and estimated 100,000 plus civilian deaths have no opinion.

I will also say there is a strong probability that a portion of the loved ones of those 4ooo American troops who died there would agree with you also.

It would appear you are either ignorant of, or choose not to acknowledge the history of Christian wars, and it is a long history indeed.

Pope Urban II proclaimed the first crusade in 1095 with the stated goal of restoring Christian access to the holy places in and near Jerusalem which led to an intermittent 200-year struggle to reclaim the Holy Land that ended in failure.

Put that in your pipe, and smoke it.

Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26247 Aug 7, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
No one here is trying to force you or any one else to believe ar accept anything .
Quit telling me or anyone else on here what we can or cannot think, believe, or post! And stop shoving your judgements down our throats as if you are the final authority!
Whether you believe or not doesn't make God any less God.
And frankly, if you have a problem with it, take it up with God, and not anyone here who has just as much right to express their take on things as you do! What in the world makes you feel that your opinion on this is any more valid or correct than anyone else here? Because it's you? And you are so special? Hardly!!
You are quite the hypocritical Pharisee, yourself!
Why do you stomp your foot, point your finger, and have the audacity to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't post or believe, and dare to proclaim anyone anyone else judgemental and hypocritical, when you are the guilty one?
You are as in love with yourself and your ideas as is the other poor sap here...both of you thinking you have some sort of privilege and authority to call people out on what you deem wrong, and all the while being the most guilty hypocrites here.
Are you more special than Peter? I don't think so, either.
Believe what you want to. Post your opinion all you would like.
But if you have a problem with me choosing to believe believe what I have read in the Bible, then take that up with the Author, and stop telling me what and how to think.
Quite frankly what you just theorized is BS. You and others like you have did exactly what you said you have not "trying to force you or any one else to believe ar accept anything ." Maybe you should look at prior posts to try and disprove the incorrect statement you just made, because you and your kind have done exactly that. You can state any belief you like as long as you do not impose them onto others, which you have. It is a moral principle that you are lacking. This is America, I can tell anyone anything I please, just like you can impose your will; however, what you are doing is morally wrong and I am just point out the facts. Where in ANY of my posts have I past incorrect judgment upon others without factual evidence supporting my thesis? In the post you are replying to I said it is my OPINION and others are entitled to their own, get your facts straight. "Whether you believe or not doesn't make God any less God", there you go imposing beliefs again, settle down and think before you speak. You might not sound so childish. I agree people can have their own opinions on the matter, but YOU and your kind do not say that, you state only what you believe with a take it or leave it attitude. Not once have ANY of you stated that what you were saying was your opinion. Do not pass judgment onto me when all I have stated are facts that your ignorance has presented me with. When I tell someone they are wrong, I have the facts to back them up, unlike you republicans. When I state an opinion, I say so, unlike you bible toting hypocrites. It is not what WE deem wrong it is OBVIOUSLY MORALLY WRONG. We just point that out and bring it to your attention. Then we get to see the child inside come out. Who is stomping their foot and pointing fingers now? Are you saying that Peter is more worthy of "God's" love than any other man? I think Jesus would be unhappy with you saying that sense he died for ALL of our sins, correct? Thought so. Like I said, think before you speak. Incase you ignored what I said in the post you were so quick to judge, I clearly stated everyone is entitled to their own beliefs; however, they are NOT entitled to shove it down other people's throats in the manner most "Christians" have come to believe is the only way to learn. I do not tell anyone what and how to think, read what is in the posts before you start babbling. And the author of the bible is simply titled "God"? Maybe you should check the authors name again.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26248 Aug 7, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I hate religious topics because they are a judge of ones internal thoughts, emotions, and ones way of thinking. However, I must interject my opinion. If "Peter" said something "God" told him in today's society would that not make him "crazy"? How do we know that God directly told peter anything, and if he in fact did tell him something then why can he not tell anyone something? What makes Peter better than any other man? Because he was one of the "Twelve Apostles"? Could God not tell anyone today "something" and them write a book or story about what was said? Fact is NO, because they would be ostracized, and condemned for even talking of such things. People have many interpretations of the Bible and to some they take it in the literal sense and some take it as a way to guide someone's way of life. Is it not strange that revelations was written at the same time the Romans were creating chaos and pillaging every village and countryside at the time? Is it not strange that after the writings, the purging and looting of the people seemed to die off? Was Revelations not written after the death of Jesus at a time of social unrest? Is it not weird that the book tried to teach a way of life and beginning, before scientific studies disproved the very fact. Is it not strange that the book talks about how we should treat others as we treat ourselves and to respect our fellow man? Is it not weird that it teaches we need to help those in need and act as one brethren to succeed in life? The book is a moral guide to social and emotional well being. Nobody is perfect, and those who act and pretend like they are, are nothing more than hypocrites aka. most Christians. That is just how I feel about the subject. For those of you who believe otherwise, that is fine; however, do not try to impose what you "think" is right upon those who have doubts or questions. You only degrade the very "religion" you believe in and look like a Pharisees. Quit trying to tell people they are wrong all the time, and understand their side of the story. Right or wrong you, nor any of your buddies on here have any right to take something you are not entirely sure of and shove it down someone's throat as a well known fact.
No judging. Neither Christians nor anyone else has the authority to judge. I could make the same argument about your posts. I'm not but I could. Peter might be considered crazy to a non-Christian but to a Christian it makes perfect sense. Just because he was an apostle doesn't make him better than any other person that has or ever will be born. We are all equally important in God's sight. And yes Peter and every other apostle were ostracized for their faith and all but John was killed as a result of their Christianity. There is only one way to take the Bible as a Christian. People who are not saved couldn't possibly understand the Bible. I would watch out before I use science to discredit the Bible. There is no other segment of the world that has been wrong more often or changed its story more often than the science community. The Word of God has been the same and unchanged (besides different translations). Besides, not one word of the Bible has been disproven. Not one. If you cared to pay attention, you would realize the Word of God is never imposed on you rather only presented for you to accept or reject. Why are you so angry towards God's word?
car

United States

#26249 Aug 7, 2013
I need to but didn't did you
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26250 Aug 7, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know He didn't?
Btw, Peter was indeed ostracized, and condemned for speaking such things. He was killed for it.
I agree with you, I doubt much has changed today. Your post proves it.
In fact, the same fate that Peter met, countless of other Christians around the world are experiencing at this very moment...brutal and cruel deaths simply because narrow-minded, judgemental hypocrites won't allow anyone to think, believe, and worship any other way than the way they stomp their feet and demand them to do...and these Christians that you described in such a negative way, are being tortured, imprisoned, and killed for simply believing the Bible is true.
Yes, these Christians sure do sound like the scoundrels you've warned us about! A group to be feared and ostracized, for sure!
I do not know he did not hear the word of "God", but I never said that I did know he heard. You people said he did. I was just asking a question. Btw, Peter was NOT ostracized. He chose to leave his home city and travel to Rome, after denying Jesus's name, and to spread the "word" of God. He then died standing up for what he believes in, under the hand of Nero, upside down on a cross, which is why the upside down cross is usually used in reference to Peter. I do not condemn ANYONE for standing up for what they believe in, I commend them. I agree that these Christians should be allowed to express themselves fully; however, not every country is the same and they know the risk and their fate if they decide to express their religion. Let me repeat, I commend them for that. The Christians that I talk about "in a negative way", are those that impose their beliefs upon others by use of force or its my way or the highway antics. Peter and others in the book simply expressed their concerns and talked upon what they have experience and believed. They did not try to force people to believe what they saw right, and neither to do I. I simply have asked questions that any person is entitled to ask. The Pope and the crusades along with others have tried to force Christianity upon others, which is wrong. Not saying that EVERY Pope has done this, just saying in general. So maybe you should look at both sides of the story instead of jumping to conclusions. I am sure Jesus was a fair and reasonable man, along with all of his followers of the time. I do not see him imposing his will upon others, but rather trying to guide them to a better life and way of happiness. That is my opinion; however, If you and others think that he would have did things differently then that is your opinion, which you are perfectly entitled.
whachoo

Corning, AR

#26251 Aug 7, 2013
how did a political forum turn into a religious debate?
ties

United States

#26252 Aug 7, 2013
They are hand and hand
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26253 Aug 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No judging. Neither Christians nor anyone else has the authority to judge. I could make the same argument about your posts. I'm not but I could. Peter might be considered crazy to a non-Christian but to a Christian it makes perfect sense. Just because he was an apostle doesn't make him better than any other person that has or ever will be born. We are all equally important in God's sight. And yes Peter and every other apostle were ostracized for their faith and all but John was killed as a result of their Christianity. There is only one way to take the Bible as a Christian. People who are not saved couldn't possibly understand the Bible. I would watch out before I use science to discredit the Bible. There is no other segment of the world that has been wrong more often or changed its story more often than the science community. The Word of God has been the same and unchanged (besides different translations). Besides, not one word of the Bible has been disproven. Not one. Why are you so angry towards God's word?
You could? Where have I laid judgment upon ones faith? Judgment in character and moral ambiguity in the case of party politics I have made; however, I have stated many sound points with factual evidence to support my thesis. I never said Peter was crazy. I said, if someone in today's world were to say the same thing that Peter has said, and call it the word of God then they would be ostracized and condemned. Did I not? I fully agree with you that "Just because he was an apostle doesn't make him better than any other person that has or ever will be born." Maybe you should explain to the prior poster who said otherwise as I have. Peter was NOT ostracized, he left on his own will to Rome, where he then was crucified. The other apostles I care not to dwell on as we are discussing this one in particular. LOL there are MANY interpretations of the Bible by "Christians", not just one. LOL "People who are not saved couldn't possibly understand the Bible." Wow, you almost amazed me with some common sense there for a second. Now you have just undermined all of that with one sentence. Passing judgment onto those who have not been "saved" is not your place, and how do you KNOW they could not possible understand the Bible? " science changes b/c people experiment and find out new discoveries or b/c with new technology we are able to either prove our old theories wrong or come out with new theories." Should we still amputate with no anesthetic and hope for survival, or use current technology to ensure we do not have infections and are precise with our techniques with proper medications. Medications that have been tested and tested and tested to ensure they are safe for human consumption. LOL Science is EVERYWHERE around you. Without science you would be without everything. "The Word of God has been the same and unchanged (besides different translations)." LOL my point exactly, it has remained the same right? LOL think before you answer this time. I am not saying that there is or is not a higher power for I am agnostic, but I do have many questions that have yet to be answered by anyone. I do, however, believe fully in the study of science. "Besides, not one word of the Bible has been disproven. Not one." Really? Maybe you should read Darwin's theory on evolution, which has been backed by scientific proof. Or, better yet, how old is the earth? This should provide an exhilarating answer. LOL. People who say that "God's" word is just and final and tell or imply to people that they are condemned is NOT my definition of teaching, but rather, imposing. You imply that I am angry again just because I have questioned your faith, before it was your politics. Maybe you should have a better understanding of human nature and respect for others before you assume what is false.
seriously

Conway, AR

#26258 Aug 8, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>You could? Where have I laid judgment upon ones faith?... LOL Science is EVERYWHERE around you. Without science you would be without everything. "The Word of God has been the same and unchanged (besides different translations)." LOL my point exactly, it has remained the same right? LOL think before you answer this time.LOL. People who say that "God's" word is just and final and tell or imply to people that they are condemned is NOT my definition of teaching, but rather, imposing. You imply that I am angry again just because I have questioned your faith, before it was your politics. Maybe you should have a better understanding of human nature and respect for others before you assume what is false.
No one has implied you are angry. Your very words expose your anger. You can't throw in enough 'lol' s' to hide all that bitterness and anger. It's spewing out of every judgemental and condemning word you have posted.
Your 'wisdom' is certainly in a class of its own! And your 'factual proof' is only factual based on the fact that you chose to believe one thing and discredit another based on your opinion.
I believe you previously stated in an above post that Jesus didn't impose His teachings on others...or something to that effect, and that He taught morals and a good way to live...again, forgive me for not quoting you exactly...but I think this is at least close.
No one can be wishy washy about Jesus.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but by Me."
Jesus could not have just simply been a good moral man, teacher, or any one of the descriptive terms you previously used, without being the Son of God.
I'm not the originator of this proclamation...Jesus is. I am not trying to demand you believe the way "I" believe, and if you don't believe, then you are condemned. Jesus teaches this...and for me, and me alone, I chose, by faith, to believe Him. You can decide for yourself...Yes or no...and the world will keep right on spinning like it always has. I just want to be clear that just because I personally chose to believe the teachings of Jesus Christ as Truth for my life, does not mean that I am judging or condemning you or anyone else. I don't have that power nor that ability. But I chose to believe the One that I think will be the final judge. If you don't, that's your call. I will stand before Him alone...not beside you...answering for myself...not answering for you.
I didn't say Jesus is God. Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." You mock me for believing the Bible, yet suggest I read and accept your book of choice?
His entire earthly ministry was to proclaim and affirm that He was/is the Son of God.
We have to personally decide whether we believe that He is who He proclaimed to be, or we must conclude that He was a delusional lunatic...out of His mind, because He said He was the Messiah...the Savior of the world...the One and only way into Heaven.
He didn't proclaim and share to the multitudes what a good teacher He was, nor that He was an upstanding, moral pillar in the community.
He clearly said over and over that He was with God from the beginning, He and God were One, that He didn't come to the earth to condemn the world, but that the world through Him could be saved, and that believing and trusting in Him was the only way to enter Heaven.
An agnostic would have a difficult time being on the fence about Jesus. He either is who He says He is, the Messiah and the Savior...or He wasn't/isn't, and He was/is a nut.
A Christian simply believes. An atheist simply rejects. But the agnostic...?
My opinion...hypocrites are not believers and followers of Jesus, and can render the case for Christ all but lost. However, I cannot see into the heart, and my opinion of them means nothing.
Hypocrites are everywhere, and not isolated to religion! They don't keep me out of Wal-Mart, and they don't keep me out of church.
seriously

Ashburn, VA

#26259 Aug 8, 2013
I will offer my opinion about one thing.
Your posts are no more thesis material than Benedict Arnold was an American Patriot. In fact, using the two ideas together-Your posts...your thesis...wonders never cease!
Only Barney the bumbling botcher of words could come along and make your bumbling, rambling, and contradicting posts any muddier!
These facts that you have whipped out to prove your...thesis...Well you simply must tell us when the hardback edition will be released.
Pins and needles, I tell ya!!

Since: Jun 12

Detroit City

#26260 Aug 8, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
.No one has implied you are angry.
.Your very words expose your anger.3. You can't throw in enough 'lol' s' to hide all that bitterness and anger..It's spewing out of every judgemental and condemning word you have posted.
Your 'wisdom' is certainly in a class of its own! And your 'factual proof' is only factual based on the fact that you chose to believe one thing and discredit another based on your opinion.
I believe you previously stated in an above post that Jesus didn't impose His teachings on others...or something to that effect, and that He taught morals and a good way to live...again, forgive mefor not quoting you exactly...but I think this is at least close.
No one can be wishy washy about Jesus.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but by Me."
Jesus could not have just simply been a good moral man, teacher, or any one of the descriptive terms you previously used, without being the Son of God.
I'm not the originator of this proclamation...Jesus is. I am not trying to demand you believe the way "I" believe, and if you don't believe, then you are condemned. Jesus teaches this...and for me, and me alone, I chose, by faith, to believe Him. You can decide for yourself...Yes or no...and the world will keep right on spinning like it always has. I just want to be clear that just because I personally chose to believe the teachings of Jesus Christ as Truth for my life, does not mean that I am judging or condemning you or anyone else. I don't have that power nor that ability. But I chose to believe the One that I think will be the final judge. If you don't, that's your call. I will stand before Him alone...not beside you...answering for myself...not answering for you.
I didn't say Jesus is God. Jesus said, "I and the Father are One." You mock me for believing the Bible, yet suggest I read and accept your book of choice?
His entire earthly ministry was to proclaim and affirm that He was/is the Son of God.
We have to personally decide whether we believe that He is who He proclaimed to be, or we must conclude that He was a delusional lunatic...out of His mind, because He said He was the Messiah...the Savior of the world...the One and only way into Heaven.
He didn't proclaim and share to the multitudes what a good teacher He was, nor that He was an upstanding, moral pillar in the community.
He clearly said over and over that He was with God from the beginning, He and God were One, that He didn't come to the earth to condemn the world, but that the world through Him could be saved, and that believing and trusting in Him was the only way to enter Heaven.
An agnostic would have a difficult time being on the fence about Jesus. He either is who He says He is, the Messiah and the Savior...or He wasn't/isn't, and He was/is a nut.
A Christian simply believes. An atheist simply rejects. But the agnostic...?
My opinion...hypocrites are not believers and followers of Jesus, and can render the case for Christ all but lost. However, I cannot see into the heart, and my opinion of them means nothing.
Hypocrites are everywhere, and not isolated to religion! They don't keep me out of Wal-Mart, and they don't keep me out of church.
OMG put down the crank pipe, crackpot, and try to convince the world there is no contradiction in your first paragraph.
Are you Fu*king nuts or is sleep deprivation getting the best of you? BTW- judgemental, For someone who rides peoples ass about being a bumbling botcher of words, WTF do you have to say for yourself about what you just did, judgemental, is two words.
"Hypocrites are everywhere, and not isolated to religion"
At least you got one thing right.

Since: Jun 12

Detroit City

#26261 Aug 8, 2013
Excuse me dear that should have read judgmental does not have two E's in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EldoMasterBlaster 3 hr concerned 1
"Wheeler": Movie fimed in El Dorado (Jan '10) Apr 11 EldoMasterBlaster 81

El Dorado Jobs

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages