xxoo wrote:
No
good answer
fine wine

Ashburn, VA

#25821 Jul 13, 2013
Oneford wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you relate yourself so closely to Mr. Reality Check, I will extend you the same courtesy, and good luck to you too.
You are thinking way too highly of yourself, Barney. Trust me...it is not flattering on you.
Some people can pull it off, but you are simply not one of those people.
You have ruined your chances to boastfully pat yourself on the back, and strut around with you feathers out...because you continue to share what's on your mind.
Awe...such a simple little mind...
Yes

United States

#25822 Jul 14, 2013
Yes yes yes
OH NO HATERS

Ash Flat, AR

#25823 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, the surplus is great news, BUT let's not get too excited just yet. We still are on pace to have over $800 billion in deficit spending for this fiscal year. That means that we still have to reduce the deficit by more than $800 billion before we can even begin to pay back our debt of almost $17 trillion. I don't put it past this administration to do what's right for a short time in hopes that they will win the House in 2014. Only time will tell about that. I'm sorry, but nothing Obama has done has encouraged me to trust him any farther than I can throw him. But kudos to Obama for doing the right thing. If I ever hoped I was wrong, it's about this.
Not saying you are off base here a little, but if I was to say that, here is why I would say it.

The White House reduced its projections for the current fiscal year's federal deficit by more than $200 billion to $759 billion, thanks to additional revenues from an improving economy and recent across-the-board spending cuts.

In March, automatic budget cuts known as sequestration went into effect, lowering outlays this year by $43 billion.

Further spending has been reduced because the government-backed mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac paid dividends to the Treasury.

The budget office said the new revised estimates show that the budget "achieves the core goal of fiscal sustainability by putting Federal debt on a declining path as a share of the economy."
Sam I Am

Salem, AR

#25824 Jul 14, 2013
KiKi Von Dom wrote:
<quoted text>Truth is your a Obama Kneegrooee.
Don't ever call me an Obama Kneegrooee, Boy.
tertty

Pittsburgh, PA

#25825 Jul 14, 2013
youtube.com/watch... … About Time,vote Bush
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25826 Jul 14, 2013
OH NO HATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not saying you are off base here a little, but if I was to say that, here is why I would say it.
The White House reduced its projections for the current fiscal year's federal deficit by more than $200 billion to $759 billion, thanks to additional revenues from an improving economy and recent across-the-board spending cuts.
In March, automatic budget cuts known as sequestration went into effect, lowering outlays this year by $43 billion.
Further spending has been reduced because the government-backed mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac paid dividends to the Treasury.
The budget office said the new revised estimates show that the budget "achieves the core goal of fiscal sustainability by putting Federal debt on a declining path as a share of the economy."
Two things. First, we have a LONG way to go before we even break even. We not only have to balance the budget but we also have to spend less than we take in to pay down the debt. The $759 billion is a little more than half of what we need to get to a balanced budget. Second, projections from the government are rarely correct. I still remain highly skeptical of Obama's ability to lead this nation. As a business owner who has to make sure my company takes in more than it pays out, I see tons of problems with the way our government handles our money and not much resolve to change it's ways. Democratic leaders tend to not be bothered by spending way more than they take in and see it as a necessity to make the economy grow. If I did that in my business, I would be out of business before the year ran out. Why should the government be any less responsible?
OH NO HATERS

Ash Flat, AR

#25827 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things. First, we have a LONG way to go before we even break even. We not only have to balance the budget but we also have to spend less than we take in to pay down the debt. The $759 billion is a little more than half of what we need to get to a balanced budget. Second, projections from the government are rarely correct. I still remain highly skeptical of Obama's ability to lead this nation. As a business owner who has to make sure my company takes in more than it pays out, I see tons of problems with the way our government handles our money and not much resolve to change it's ways. Democratic leaders tend to not be bothered by spending way more than they take in and see it as a necessity to make the economy grow. If I did that in my business, I would be out of business before the year ran out. Why should the government be any less responsible?
"As a business owner who has to make sure my company takes in more than it pays out"

Does not every household and business in the United States or Government in the world have to do that.

Just as an aside, let's also take a moment to compare administrations. Obama, in just the last two years, has accepted $2.4 trillion in debt reduction through multiple proposals. How many debt-reduction proposals did Republicans approve during the Bush/Cheney era? None. Even when there was a Republican-led House, Republican-led Senate, and Republican-led White House? Yep, even then.
city worker

Lake City, AR

#25828 Jul 14, 2013
This thread is nothing but a bunch of BS need to delete the whole Damm thing
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25829 Jul 14, 2013
OH NO HATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
"As a business owner who has to make sure my company takes in more than it pays out"
Does not every household and business in the United States or Government in the world have to do that.
Just as an aside, let's also take a moment to compare administrations. Obama, in just the last two years, has accepted $2.4 trillion in debt reduction through multiple proposals. How many debt-reduction proposals did Republicans approve during the Bush/Cheney era? None. Even when there was a Republican-led House, Republican-led Senate, and Republican-led White House? Yep, even then.
If Obama has accepted 2.4 trillion in debt reduction then how have we had deficits in the past two years as large as we have had? Probably because the cuts are "reductions" are in future spending which aren't real cuts. They're theoretical plain and simple. As for praising Obama, not so fast. Bush had average tax revenues of $1.96 trillion over his 8 years with an average of $1.76 trillion in expenditures for an average difference of a $200 billion shortfall. Obama on the other hand has had revenues of $1.53 trillion and expenditures of $2.40 trillion for an average difference of $870 billion annually. You see, it's all in how you look at it. Bush never reduced the deficit one time during his presidency but I would take the outcome of his 8 years any day of the week over Obama's current 4 1/2 year record. So get all fuzzy feeling inside if you want but like I said before, we have a LONG way to go and I don't believe Obama has what it takes to get us there.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25830 Jul 14, 2013
OH NO HATERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it doesn't seem as though our government has to follow that rule thus the reason we are in the shape we are in. It's exactly why I can't understand why people who DO have to follow that principle would elect a president and congress who won't even try. I'll never understand it.
John

Jonesboro, AR

#25831 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it doesn't seem as though our government has to follow that rule thus the reason we are in the shape we are in. It's exactly why I can't understand why people who DO have to follow that principle would elect a president and congress who won't even try. I'll never understand it.
lesser of two evils. when Romney said he didn't care about the 47% that done it for me.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25832 Jul 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
lesser of two evils. when Romney said he didn't care about the 47% that done it for me.
So he says he doesn't care about the 47% BUT probably would have at the least, put us on a path to getting our financial house in order. Obama, on the other hand, said a lot of things that a lot of people liked BUT has turned a bad situation much worse. That's the problem here in America. We only care about what a person says to make us feel good regardless of if their actions match what they say. It's no wonder we're in such bad shape as a country.

Fort Smith, AR

#25833 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
So he says he doesn't care about the 47% BUT probably would have at the least, put us on a path to getting our financial house in order. Obama, on the other hand, said a lot of things that a lot of people liked BUT has turned a bad situation much worse. That's the problem here in America. We only care about what a person says to make us feel good regardless of if their actions match what they say. It's no wonder we're in such bad shape as a country.
I wasn't crazy about Mike Huckabee but I think this country needs to look at a national tax. Eliminate national taxes and pay a flat sales tax. I also absolutely HATE sales tax and have to charge it in my business. I really don't want to give the state that kind of leeway and maybe there could be some kind of ceiling but the way it is now, the more you earn the richer you are.

It's killin% small business and small people.

Fort Smith, AR

#25834 Jul 14, 2013
Not eliminate national tax but federal tax* (typo)
John

Jonesboro, AR

#25835 Jul 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liked Bush you would love Romney.
History Check

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#25837 Jul 15, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s all imagine we are now in September 2008!

Lehman Brothers just filed for bankruptcy.

The Wall Street Journal front page headline screams,

“Crisis on Wall Street as Lehman totters”.

A few days later, the headline reads,

“Bailout Plan Rejected, Markets Plunge, Forcing New Scramble to Solve Crisis”.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25838 Jul 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't crazy about Mike Huckabee but I think this country needs to look at a national tax. Eliminate national taxes and pay a flat sales tax. I also absolutely HATE sales tax and have to charge it in my business. I really don't want to give the state that kind of leeway and maybe there could be some kind of ceiling but the way it is now, the more you earn the richer you are.
It's killin% small business and small people.
As much as I HATE writing that sales tax check each month, I would gladly do it if our income tax was eliminated and everything was put into a sales tax. A sales tax would ensure that all products purchased would contribute to paying for the operations of this country. It wouldn't matter if the money was legal or illegal, everyone contributes.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25839 Jul 15, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liked Bush you would love Romney.
On the financial side your right. On everything else, I'm not so sure.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25840 Jul 15, 2013
History Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s all imagine we are now in September 2008!
Lehman Brothers just filed for bankruptcy.
The Wall Street Journal front page headline screams,
“Crisis on Wall Street as Lehman totters”.
A few days later, the headline reads,
“Bailout Plan Rejected, Markets Plunge, Forcing New Scramble to Solve Crisis”.
These things also happened in September 2008

Hurricane Ike makes landfall on Texas as Category 2 and kills 27 in the United States, after killing four in Cuba, one in the Dominican Republic, and 75 in Haiti.

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani of Pakistan survives an assassination attempt near Islamabad, while on his way to meet British Leader of the Opposition David Cameron.
President's Dimitris Christofias and Mehmet Ali Talat hold peace talks in Nicosia, aimed at reunifying Cyprus.

At least eight boulders dislodge from a cliff near Cairo, Egypt, killing at least 90 and burying an estimated 500 people.

A suicide truck bomb explosion destroys the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, killing at least 60 and injuring 266.

Following negotiations, President Robert Mugabe and opposition leaders Morgan Tsvangirai and Arthur Mutambara sign a power-sharing deal, making Tsvangirai the new Prime Minister of Zimbabwe.

SpaceX Falcon 1 becomes the world's first privately developed space launch vehicle to successfully make orbit.

Now what's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Dorado News Times- Police Log Report 10 min The 80s rule 2
601 S Parkway 1 hr THigh 4
Whites Lawncare 1 hr HAHA 10
large dope growing inside house at 593 old cali... 2 hr MikeE 5
Kiddie Kastle bar & grill 10 hr Roflmao 9
Where is Yancy Leach? 14 hr Bounty Hunter 9
Michael Hutchence 14 hr Duck lover 16
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match

El Dorado People Search