Yes

No

Other (explain below)

rudhira xivrecnib

Little Rock, AR

#24883 May 12, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. An investor who wants to prove that greenhouse gasses are eating the ozone and is willing to put up millions of dollars to prove it will give the money to a group of scientists who's preliminary findings show that the results will likely be contradictory to what the investor wants. You do realize that any study can show any results depending on what is controlled for and what isn't? Knowing that, you still think the data is "straight forward"? Really?
Don't confuse actual science with politics and the greed politics spawn. If you think that science is driven by a bunch of money grubbers with no consciousness of furthering mankind's quest for knowledge, then you truly don't understand scientific research at all.

Every great scientific discovery was challenged by those incapable of understanding the possibilities surrounding those discoveries. If listened to, those detractors would still have us believe the Earth was flat and one could buy their way into Heaven.
rudhira xivrecnib

Little Rock, AR

#24884 May 12, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that any study can show any results depending on what is controlled for and what isn't?
Then prove to me the Earth is flat.
Forrest

Cherokee Village, AR

#24886 May 12, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. An investor who wants to prove that greenhouse gasses are eating the ozone and is willing to put up millions of dollars to prove it will give the money to a group of scientists who's preliminary findings show that the results will likely be contradictory to what the investor wants. You do realize that any study can show any results depending on what is controlled for and what isn't? Knowing that, you still think the data is "straight forward"? Really?
I sure do.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#24887 May 13, 2013
Global warming is a hoax just like global cooling of the 70's was. Liberalism is a disease..

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24888 May 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Global warming is a hoax just like global cooling of the 70's was. Liberalism is a disease..
Ignorance is fatal, regardless of your political preference.
uh huh

Little Rock, AR

#24889 May 13, 2013
Lol. Global warming!
Everything runs in cycles. Ever watch the weather and see the record highs and lows? Most of the time those records were set quite some time ago. Yet, if we get a record high temp now, people wanna say its because of global warming, right?

Location hidden

#24890 May 13, 2013
uh huh wrote:
Lol. Global warming!
Everything runs in cycles. Ever watch the weather and see the record highs and lows? Most of the time those records were set quite some time ago. Yet, if we get a record high temp now, people wanna say its because of global warming, right?
What if they are correct?

If ignorance is bliss, then denial must be as well?
Barney 3

Mountain Home, AR

#24891 May 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is fatal, regardless of your political preference.
well Barney that was a profound statement when will that fatal event happen?
You are the most ignorant moron here on topix.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24892 May 13, 2013
rudhira xivrecnib wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse actual science with politics and the greed politics spawn. If you think that science is driven by a bunch of money grubbers with no consciousness of furthering mankind's quest for knowledge, then you truly don't understand scientific research at all.
Every great scientific discovery was challenged by those incapable of understanding the possibilities surrounding those discoveries. If listened to, those detractors would still have us believe the Earth was flat and one could buy their way into Heaven.
I believe science can and has greatly benefited mankind. I don't believe in an all or none principle. Where I question science is when it goes hand-in-hand with political agendas such as global warming and greenhouse gasses goes. Then when there is profit to be made from those "scientific" findings like the profits Al Gore is enjoying I really question the validity and you should too.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24893 May 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What if they are correct?
If ignorance is bliss, then denial must be as well?
Do you think they are correct? What if they aren't? Can we fiscally afford that at this point and time? With all of the lies or incorrect predictions from the science community can you with 100% certainty and confidence pour all of the financial resources into the "green" movement that it's going to take to make it work? I can't. Heck, they can't even predict the temperature more than a day out. How accurate do you think they will be in their predictions of today about our climate in 50 years? Believe what you see and not what you hear.

Location hidden

#24894 May 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe science can and has greatly benefited mankind. I don't believe in an all or none principle. Where I question science is when it goes hand-in-hand with political agendas such as global warming and greenhouse gasses goes. Then when there is profit to be made from those "scientific" findings like the profits Al Gore is enjoying I really question the validity and you should too.
Then you should also question the validity of those who profit by denyeing global warming, the Koch Brothers and big oil readily come to mind.

Greenbrier, AR

#24895 May 13, 2013
Go check your own oil Blarney.. You sound quarts low anyway...

Location hidden

#24896 May 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they are What if they aren't?? What if they aren't? Can we fiscally afford that at this point and time? With all of the lies or incorrect predictions from the science community can you with 100% certainty and confidence pour all of the financial resources into the "green" movement that it's going to take to make it work? I can't. Heck, they can't even predict the temperature more than a day out. How accurate do you think they will be in their predictions of today about our climate in 50 years? Believe what you see and not what you hear.
What if they aren't correct, OMG I have not thought about that!

Do you really think nature needs continued pollutants released into the air we breath. Do the lands that provide as aquifers for drinking water for millions need more oil pipe lines run over them, does earth need more hydraulic fracking fluid pump into its Bowles more deep water Horizon oil spills.........

Really what if they were wrong?

People are only a parasite, an earth is our host. When the host says the party is over, the parasite is pretty much screwed don't you think?

Moral of the story, you do not second guest the host, you might get it wright, but if you don't there is no second chance........

Damn sure could not "fiscally afford" that, could we?

Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24897 May 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should also question the validity of those who profit by denyeing global warming, the Koch Brothers and big oil readily come to mind.
The Koch Brothers and big oil make products we use everyday with or without "global warming". Al Gore's ideas, and products that came from his ideas, were specifically tied to the political agenda known as global warming. No global warming, no green movement. There is a subtle yet huge difference between the two.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24898 May 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What if they aren't correct, OMG I have not thought about that!
Do you really think nature needs continued pollutants released into the air we breath. Do the lands that provide as aquifers for drinking water for millions need more oil pipe lines run over them, does earth need more hydraulic fracking fluid pump into its Bowles more deep water Horizon oil spills.........
Really what if they were wrong?
People are only a parasite, an earth is our host. When the host says the party is over, the parasite is pretty much screwed don't you think?
Moral of the story, you do not second guest the host, you might get it wright, but if you don't there is no second chance........
Damn sure could not "fiscally afford" that, could we?
The earth isn't as helpless as liberals would want everyone to believe. You are treating earth in the same manner as liberals treat welfare recipients. Thinking the earth is incapable of taking care of itself. Thinking that the liberals need to come to the rescue to save mother earth from the evil conservatives that are destroying her. Just like the welfare recipients that liberals think can't support themselves. That they are too far gone and it's all the wealthy people's fault. There's simply no hope for them without the concerned, proactive liberal agenda and it's members. You and your agenda are wrong on both cases.

Location hidden

#24899 May 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koch Brothers and big oil make products we use everyday with or without "global warming". Al Gore's ideas, and products that came from his ideas, were specifically tied to the political agenda known as global warming. No global warming, no green movement. There is a subtle yet huge difference between the two.
Yes there is,

His best-selling climate books,“Earth in the Balance,”“An Inconvenient Truth” and “The Assault on Reason,” haven’t contributed to his wealth. Gore has long pledged any book and film money to his nonprofit, the Climate Reality Project, created in 2011 from two advocacy groups Gore founded a year earlier.

Gore also had his share of flubs, most of them in his efforts at green-tech investing. An investment firm he helped to start took stakes in two carbon-trading firms that fizzled and also racked up tens of millions in losses in a solar-module maker.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-06/gore...

Now tell me again how much of Mr. Gores' wealth is specifically tied to the political agenda known as global warming.

Location hidden

#24900 May 13, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth isn't as helpless as liberals would want everyone to believe. You are treating earth in the same manner as liberals treat welfare recipients. Thinking the earth is incapable of taking care of itself. Thinking that the liberals need to come to the rescue to save mother earth from the evil conservatives that are destroying her. Just like the welfare recipients that liberals think can't support themselves. That they are too far gone and it's all the wealthy people's fault. There's simply no hope for them without the concerned, proactive liberal agenda and it's members. You and your agenda are wrong on both cases.
That was absolutely my point sir, the earth is by no means "helpless" to say that I implied it was shows you have a complete lack of understanding of what I posted, as elementary as it was.

Tell the victims of Hurricane Sandy, and Joplin Mo. that Mother Nature is helpless.
itshouldbe

Voorhees, NJ

#24901 May 13, 2013
dude i play enough chess to realize what is going on here..
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#24902 May 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is,
His best-selling climate books,“Earth in the Balance,”“An Inconvenient Truth” and “The Assault on Reason,” haven’t contributed to his wealth. Gore has long pledged any book and film money to his nonprofit, the Climate Reality Project, created in 2011 from two advocacy groups Gore founded a year earlier.
Gore also had his share of flubs, most of them in his efforts at green-tech investing. An investment firm he helped to start took stakes in two carbon-trading firms that fizzled and also racked up tens of millions in losses in a solar-module maker.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-06/gore...
Now tell me again how much of Mr. Gores' wealth is specifically tied to the political agenda known as global warming.
Of course we know that all 5013c's are legitimate and all their money goes back into the organization and not into the pockets of the board members. Thank goodness for the one American example of truth and honesty, the 5013c. As for Mr. Gore's wealth being tied to his political agenda, I would say all but his oil holdings, which is hypocritical given Mr. Gore's political stance on oil. The article you refrenced even said as much.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#24903 May 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That was absolutely my point sir, the earth is by no means "helpless" to say that I implied it was shows you have a complete lack of understanding of what I posted, as elementary as it was.
Tell the victims of Hurricane Sandy, and Joplin Mo. that Mother Nature is helpless.
Are you saying that Hurricane Sandy and the tornado in Joplin were responses by Earth as a result of us running oil pipelines over our drinking aquifers and offshore drilling? Do you believe that extrordinary natural disasters are a result of our activity on earth? Interesting. Well I don't. As a Christian I have expected this since the Bible has foretold of these things for thousands of years. Along with wars and rumors of wars, famine, pestilence, sexual immorality, crooked governments, and the list goes on and on. The Bible hasn't missed one prediction yet and I don't suspect it will. The same certainly can't be said for the scientific and political world. Maybe you should consider changing teams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware /keith winer - 1 hr Tabatha white 83
ball sacks on trailer hitch?!?! (Jul '10) 2 hr Chuckem 32
I am wondering 9 hr deeZnutz 2
Prettiest girls in Union County. 9 hr deeZnutz 31
Lol....Ashley couldn't handle the truth 11 hr Who dat 3
DHS informants 12 hr Who dat 10
Which construction crew? 12 hr SouthArkansas 9
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE