Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24851 May 8, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. I wasn't aware that I had to be a Republican to like Ronald Reagan or to realize that he was one of the great president's this nation has ever known. BTW I have told you that I'm an independent on several occasions.
Let me rephrase my original statement then.

Reagan is not the Saint Republicans claim him to be nor was he
one of the greatest president's this nation has ever known .

I stand corrected, I misquoted you, you did not say 'you were not a Republican', you said you are "a Independent" my apologies sir..

Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#24852 May 8, 2013
The EVIL that Lives in the Hearts of some men! It sickens me to know of the EVIL that for over FOUR years Lives only to Destroy America and so many walk around with Blinders on!! That EVIL is Barack Hussein Obama!!!
The Truth

Stuttgart, AR

#24854 May 8, 2013
You morons are still posting in an off topic thread
STFU

Ash Flat, AR

#24855 May 8, 2013
The Truth wrote:
You morons are still posting in an off topic thread
NO- there are morons still posting off topic on this thread.
WTF

Ash Flat, AR

#24856 May 8, 2013
Lisa wrote:
The EVIL that Lives in the Hearts of some men! It sickens me to know of the EVIL that for over FOUR years Lives only to Destroy America and so many walk around with Blinders on!! That EVIL is Barack Hussein Obama!!!
You sound like you are sick
democRATS kill more jobs

United States

#24857 May 8, 2013
Monday, May 6th, 2013

The United States Senate overwhelmingly supported a tax on Internet sales today, voting 69-27 in favor of the Marketplace Fairness Act. The outcome was expected after a similar non-biding show of approval passed the Senate with roughly the same number of votes, despite extraordinary opposition from eBay and other major Internet organizations.

As we’ve written about before, supporters argue that tax-free Internet retailers have an unfair advantage over their physical counterparts and it robs states of billions in revenue. Opponents counter that the current bill would create an unwieldy tax code labyrinth, which would be forced on startups and Internet retailers before software technology could manage the new tax.

The bill now heads to the House of Representatives for possible revision. TechCrunch’s sources on Capitol Hill say that broad support in the Senate makes it difficult for House members to oppose the legislation, but it may be modified to increase the threshold for businesses who have to collect online taxes, from $1M in revenue to $10M

This is one of those laws that affects almost everyone directly. I’m kinda surprised there’s not more of an uproar.

Update 2: House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte just released a statement (The Internet Sales Tax bill most likely will go through the Judiciary Subcommittee, so his views are very influential):

“I do not believe the Marketplace Fairness Act is sufficiently simplified yet. While it attempts to make tax collection simpler, it still has a long way to go. There is still not uniformity on definitions and tax rates, so businesses would still be forced to wade through potentially hundreds of tax rates and a host of different tax codes and definitions.… I am open to considering legislation concerning this topic but these issues, along with others, would certainly have to be addressed. The Committee will also look at alternatives that could enable states to collect sales tax revenues without opening the door to aggressive state action against out-of-state companies.”
rudhira xivrecnib

Benton, AR

#24859 May 9, 2013
Lisa wrote:

Where are we headed, is this is what human evolution looks like?

A culture more concerned with alchemy, superstition, witchcraft, and less focused on objective analysis and practical solutions.

Are we to hate beyond our ability to love, to deem our neighbor's value to society based on our personal inability to comprehend that society must integrate, must fuse, must realize that success in any endeavor requires cooperation...even sometimes a tiny bit of respect.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#24860 May 9, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you are sick
hutaer

Pittsburgh, PA

#24861 May 9, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Yes I voted today already
rudhira xivrecnib

Benton, AR

#24862 May 9, 2013
Lisa wrote:
The EVIL that Lives in the Hearts of some men!
http://news.yahoo.com/dems-gop-fails-show-sca...

Much Ado About Nothing.
The Truth

Stuttgart, AR

#24863 May 9, 2013
Why don't you ignorant morons let this thread die and start a new one, stupid idiots.
rudhira xivrecnib

Benton, AR

#24864 May 9, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>The EVIL that Lives in the Hearts of some men! It sickens me to know of the EVIL that for over FOUR years Lives only to Destroy America and so many walk around with Blinders on!! That EVIL is Barack Hussein Obama!!!
John Stossel syndrome?

Legitimate question, what's your take on John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt?...Always wondered about that guy, kinda creepy if you ask me..
rudhira xivrecnib

Benton, AR

#24865 May 9, 2013
The Truth wrote:
Why don't you ignorant morons let this thread die and start a new one, stupid idiots.
Did you enjoy Memphis in May?
rudhira xivrecnib

Little Rock, AR

#24867 May 10, 2013
Global warming my butt, them liberals are at it again. It's plain to everyone with a brain that that CO2 stuff comes from all those Alien rockets and those Beaners butts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/carbon-dioxi...
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24869 May 10, 2013
rudhira xivrecnib wrote:
Global warming my butt, them liberals are at it again. It's plain to everyone with a brain that that CO2 stuff comes from all those Alien rockets and those Beaners butts.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/carbon-dioxi...
Has anyone noticed how cool (no pun intended) the global warming debate has gotten? Since we are almost 10 years into a cooling cycle, I suspect what happened in the late 1970's will repeat. For decades, scientists had argued that humans were the cause of global cooling. Around 1980, the earth entered into a warming cycle and it wasn't long before the same scientists that argued that global cooling was a global epidemic turned right around and began arguing that global warming was the new threat. Of course we all know that Al Gore perfected inserting a capitalistic element into the argument and has become filthy rich because of it. I don't believe a word of those global warming scientist since I know they will be the same scientists that jump on the global cooling bandwagon here in a couple of years or so.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24870 May 11, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone noticed how cool (no pun intended) the global warming debate has gotten? Since we are almost 10 years into a cooling cycle, I suspect what happened in the late 1970's will repeat. For decades, scientists had argued that humans were the cause of global cooling. Around 1980, the earth entered into a warming cycle and it wasn't long before the same scientists that argued that global cooling was a global epidemic turned right around and began arguing that global warming was the new threat. Of course we all know that Al Gore perfected inserting a capitalistic element into the argument and has become filthy rich because of it. I don't believe a word of those global warming scientist since I know they will be the same scientists that jump on the global cooling bandwagon here in a couple of years or so.
I have not "noticed" that.

I suspect notice would be the key word.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/science/ear...
rudhira xivrecnib

Little Rock, AR

#24871 May 11, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is, Co2 is a greenhouse gas, greenhouse gas destroys O-zone, O-zone protects Earth from most incoming UV radiation from the sun while protecting life from DNA-damaging radiation, UV radiation increases earth's surface land temps, more so it's oceans, radiation alters lifeforms. Sea levels rise, desertification increases, worldwide fresh water supplies diminish as Arctic ice disappears.

Solution, cut carbon emissions or deny it exist. Mankind being what it is, denial is of course, the winner....for now.
Kevin

Mountain Home, AR

#24872 May 11, 2013
Vote for waht?
ann

Euless, TX

#24873 May 11, 2013
No
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24874 May 11, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not "noticed" that.
I suspect notice would be the key word.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/science/ear...

Or this.

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local businesses and plunging oil prices 2 hr roboblogger2 1
Laura B. Mason arrested for solicitation to com... (Jun '13) 2 hr well 796
moonshiners makeing poison 3 hr Loved some jail bait 17
Robbery at Christmas parade 4 hr Paul Bunyan 19
white van being searched for 6 hr Check facts first 2
kasey eades (May '13) 20 hr Lmao 60
Cheating at MCSA 21 hr Not surprised 41
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:58 am PST

ESPN 9:58AM
On-mend Murray with Cowboys for player drills
NBC Sports10:16 AM
DeMarco Murray practices on Wednesday
ESPN10:28 AM
Falcons brush off Saint's 'funeral' trash talk
NBC Sports10:45 AM
How will DeMarco Murray fare with injured hand?
Yahoo! Sports11:00 AM
Two days after surgery, DeMarco Murray practices