Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#24837 May 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
I get on here daily just to get my daily dose if stupidity..just to remind myself of how many idiots we have on the loose.. You freeloading damnocrats remember obummer is leaving office.. And in the worst shape of any president EVER!!!
Two words and a letter for you Old Army-

George W. Bush.

Location hidden

#24838 May 5, 2013
SO tru wrote:
<quoted text>The conversation with Limbaugh never happened. Just another liberal lie. If you actually listened to Limbaugh instead of reading lying liberal websites, you will often here him refer to the revenue increases Reagan signed off on in exchange for democrats to cut spending. The cuts that Tip O'Neal promised never happened.
What would you call this?

http://www.starkreports.com/2011/02/04/rush-l...

Location hidden

#24839 May 5, 2013
SO tru wrote:
<quoted text>So, since it was posted on a "prominant social website" means it's true.
You are a pathetic lemming... I mean liberal... I mean... it's the same thing.
Let me break this down for you, the first paragraph was from a social web site.

The rest was my opinion of that post.

Sorry I did not take your limited comprehension into consideration before I posted that. If you stick around I will post in a more remedial fashion in hopes you might understand the topic, that might enable you put forth a rebuttal on the subject.

Those of you who cannot muster a rebuttal that contains comment beyond shooting the messenger really should contain your ignorance.

You know, open your mouth and remove any doubt about how ignorant you can be.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24840 May 5, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
This was posted on a prominent social web site.
Dear God, please let me wake up and Ronald Reagan is president again.
LIKE if you wish Ronald Reagan was President.
What the Hell were they thinking?
He raised taxes eleven times as president while tripling the deficit —
“signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state (Ca.) up till then.” Meanwhile, state spending nearly doubled. As president, Reagan “raised taxes in seven of his eight years in office,” including four times in just two years
During the Reagan years, the debt increased to nearly $3 trillion,“roughly three times as much as the first 80 years of the century had done altogether
Conservatives seem to be in such denial about the less flattering aspects of Reagan; it sometimes appears as if they genuinely don’t know the truth of his legacy.
When liberal activist Mike Stark challenged hate radio host Rush Limbaugh on why Reagan remains a conservative hero despite raising taxes so many times, Limbaugh flew into a tirade and demanded,“Where did you get this silly notion that Reagan raised taxes?”
Rush and his followers on here often speak of, as you and Rush say Warrior, low information voters?
Amazes me how you people use your own failed ideology and project it as faults of the Democratic party.
Your argument sounds so empty when you think of what America ACTUALLY looked like under Reagan vs. what America ACTUALLY looks like under Obama. One would think you would see that.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24841 May 5, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you call this?
http://www.starkreports.com/2011/02/04/rush-l...
The problem with the caller's argument of Reagan raising taxes 11 times it not that Reagan didn't raise any taxes because he did. The devil is in the details on this. Reagan raised taxes on things like cigarettes and gas taxes which are things that can either be completely eliminated or at least kept to a minimum by individuals who elect not to use them as much. Income taxes which individuals are not so much in control of since a person doesn't just change their career and bills with the change of presidents. Reagan drastically reduced taxes in this area. Income taxes are what people pay attention to the most and it's what they care about the most. Reagan was a champion in this area.

Location hidden

#24842 May 5, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the caller's argument of Reagan raising taxes 11 times it not that Reagan didn't raise any taxes because he did. The devil is in the details on this. Reagan raised taxes on things like cigarettes and gas taxes which are things that can either be completely eliminated or at least kept to a minimum by individuals who elect not to use them as much. Income taxes which individuals are not so much in control of since a person doesn't just change their career and bills with the change of presidents. Reagan drastically reduced taxes in this area. Income taxes are what people pay attention to the most and it's what they care about the most. Reagan was a champion in this area.
Tax Reform Act of 1986, 16 tax brackets — ranging from marginal rates of 14 percent to 70 percent.

By 1989, that was down to two brackets — with marginal rates of 15 percent and 28 percent.

(OH look here, mim. tax up 1%, max tax bracket down 42"

In 1983, for example, he signed off on Social Security reform legislation that, among other things, accelerated an increase in the payroll tax rate, required that higher-income beneficiaries pay income tax on part of their benefits, and required the self-employed to pay the full payroll tax rate, rather than just the portion normally paid by employees.

Location hidden

#24843 May 5, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument sounds so empty when you think of what America ACTUALLY looked like under Reagan vs. what America ACTUALLY looks like under Obama. One would think you would see that.
I do see the difference, and I also see the similarities.

BTW- my argument is the old man who sleep through his last 4 years in office, the only US president to be tried and convicted by the word court, was not the Saint Republicans claim him to be.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24845 May 6, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I do see the difference, and I also see the similarities.
BTW- my argument is the old man who sleep through his last 4 years in office, the only US president to be tried and convicted by the word court, was not the Saint Republicans claim him to be.
Name one single politician on the national stage that's a saint where doing what's right for the American people is concerned. I'm only saying that I would take Reagan any day over what we have had since him. Doesn't mean I think he's perfect because I don't.

Location hidden

#24846 May 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one single politician on the national stage that's a saint where doing what's right for the American people is concerned. I'm only saying that I would take Reagan any day over what we have had since him. Doesn't mean I think he's perfect because I don't.
Yes you made that quite clear in your previous post.

Please feel free to correct me, but I do believe you have told me you are not a Republican.

Since I specifically said, "not the Saint Republicans claim him to be", that would not apply to you, would it?
Lars Vilks

Euless, TX

#24847 May 7, 2013
No morons. There were no elections today
The Truth

Stuttgart, AR

#24848 May 7, 2013
They are indeed moron's, the need to take this to a new thread.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24850 May 7, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you made that quite clear in your previous post.
Please feel free to correct me, but I do believe you have told me you are not a Republican.
Since I specifically said, "not the Saint Republicans claim him to be", that would not apply to you, would it?
Of course not. I wasn't aware that I had to be a Republican to like Ronald Reagan or to realize that he was one of the great president's this nation has ever known. BTW I have told you that I'm an independent on several occasions.

Location hidden

#24851 May 8, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. I wasn't aware that I had to be a Republican to like Ronald Reagan or to realize that he was one of the great president's this nation has ever known. BTW I have told you that I'm an independent on several occasions.
Let me rephrase my original statement then.

Reagan is not the Saint Republicans claim him to be nor was he
one of the greatest president's this nation has ever known .

I stand corrected, I misquoted you, you did not say 'you were not a Republican', you said you are "a Independent" my apologies sir..

Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#24852 May 8, 2013
The EVIL that Lives in the Hearts of some men! It sickens me to know of the EVIL that for over FOUR years Lives only to Destroy America and so many walk around with Blinders on!! That EVIL is Barack Hussein Obama!!!
The Truth

Stuttgart, AR

#24854 May 8, 2013
You morons are still posting in an off topic thread
STFU

Ash Flat, AR

#24855 May 8, 2013
The Truth wrote:
You morons are still posting in an off topic thread
NO- there are morons still posting off topic on this thread.
WTF

Ash Flat, AR

#24856 May 8, 2013
Lisa wrote:
The EVIL that Lives in the Hearts of some men! It sickens me to know of the EVIL that for over FOUR years Lives only to Destroy America and so many walk around with Blinders on!! That EVIL is Barack Hussein Obama!!!
You sound like you are sick
democRATS kill more jobs

United States

#24857 May 8, 2013
Monday, May 6th, 2013

The United States Senate overwhelmingly supported a tax on Internet sales today, voting 69-27 in favor of the Marketplace Fairness Act. The outcome was expected after a similar non-biding show of approval passed the Senate with roughly the same number of votes, despite extraordinary opposition from eBay and other major Internet organizations.

As we’ve written about before, supporters argue that tax-free Internet retailers have an unfair advantage over their physical counterparts and it robs states of billions in revenue. Opponents counter that the current bill would create an unwieldy tax code labyrinth, which would be forced on startups and Internet retailers before software technology could manage the new tax.

The bill now heads to the House of Representatives for possible revision. TechCrunch’s sources on Capitol Hill say that broad support in the Senate makes it difficult for House members to oppose the legislation, but it may be modified to increase the threshold for businesses who have to collect online taxes, from $1M in revenue to $10M

This is one of those laws that affects almost everyone directly. I’m kinda surprised there’s not more of an uproar.

Update 2: House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte just released a statement (The Internet Sales Tax bill most likely will go through the Judiciary Subcommittee, so his views are very influential):

“I do not believe the Marketplace Fairness Act is sufficiently simplified yet. While it attempts to make tax collection simpler, it still has a long way to go. There is still not uniformity on definitions and tax rates, so businesses would still be forced to wade through potentially hundreds of tax rates and a host of different tax codes and definitions.… I am open to considering legislation concerning this topic but these issues, along with others, would certainly have to be addressed. The Committee will also look at alternatives that could enable states to collect sales tax revenues without opening the door to aggressive state action against out-of-state companies.”
rudhira xivrecnib

Benton, AR

#24859 May 9, 2013
Lisa wrote:

Where are we headed, is this is what human evolution looks like?

A culture more concerned with alchemy, superstition, witchcraft, and less focused on objective analysis and practical solutions.

Are we to hate beyond our ability to love, to deem our neighbor's value to society based on our personal inability to comprehend that society must integrate, must fuse, must realize that success in any endeavor requires cooperation...even sometimes a tiny bit of respect.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#24860 May 9, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you are sick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
computer thugs 15 min staying100bad 23
laiken miller (Jul '14) 1 hr Duck lover 6
Hoping For Overdue Triple Crown Today (Jun '14) 1 hr Duck lover 23
Blakney Bryant (Sep '11) 3 hr curiousoleme 12
Any girls like to go a little fast 3 hr Hmmmmm 10
Lol....Ashley couldn't handle the truth 3 hr huh 4
Prettiest girls in Union County. 3 hr whoadie 40
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE