|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not lie. I'll find a way to make my own darn money before I would stoop that low.
That's the point! So many LIE! You need a real life lesson!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If only I made $100 a day! I'd be a millionaire by now!!
$100 a day is less than 40 thousand per year. Your paid between 32 and 42 cents per mile. the very best you could hope for would be to average 50 paid miles per hour. that sounds like $15 to $20 dollars per hour, but your not counting loading & unloading time. time doing paperwork ,time fueling the truck. etc and your miles are based on a formula that dont pay for all the miles unless its in your contract you get paid for hub miles. after expences your lucky to average a $100 dollars per day. Dot rules limit you to ten hours driving and one hour on duty time in a 24 hour period. then there are flat tires and other breakdowns. pretty shitty job when its all said & done. I did it off and on for more than 40 years. My 36 storage rental units make me $50 + per day and I dont spend 10 hours per month operating them. I just was there today doing my weekly check.one of the renters was trying to operate a flea market out of a unit. they tried to claim yard sale. I make all renters sign a contract no yard sales or buisness of any kind to be operated at the storage facility. storage only no camping or tryng to live in the units. Its fenced and the gates open at daylight and close at sunset. I give a guy who lives nearby free rent of a unit for opening & closing the gates every day. He alerts me of any problems like the one today. he dont comfront folks or try & police anything. He calls me and lets me handle it.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How much would you like to bet that if I applied for welfare, I would be denied?
you dont qualify because you have equity in land in texas & michigan that you dont live on.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Way wiser than barney wrote:
<quoted text>I do agree with you. We do need some new people in there to straight out the mess we are in. I am saying that obama and a bunch of his supporters are the reason things have gotten worst obama may not have started this mess but he has made it far worst. The 16.6 trillion national tells me alot. Sure he only put only 6.6 trillion of that but that is too much and we will soon reach 17 trillion, when's it going to stop. Time for some people with backbone to step up and say enough.
Ah... I see some intellectual honesty starting to show.
Now repeat after me....
"Both republicans and democrats suck!!!!"
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
AFSCME
It seems as though the AFSCME is just a political activist group like many other unions and as a secondary puropse it serves to help it's members. I can't figure out why anyone would want to be a member of a union. But that's just me. You seem like a pretty down-the-middle type of person. I was just wondering, after spending several years in a union, if you think unions hurt the entity their members work for or help the entity their members work for?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>That's the point! So many LIE! You need a real life lesson!
Do you think you told me something I don't already know!?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Are you sure because sometimes it just sound like are defending him. I'm not saying he's the only one problem but he sure ain't helping matters
DUH!! I don't care for anything Obama has done either and I didn't vote for him.
But take Obama out of the picture. Replace him with any politician of your choosing. How much better do you think things would be? In my opinion things wouldn't be much different. There is only ONE person who would have stopped the spending. And he didn't win.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Never got a welfare and never will. I believe in hard work. I know some people need help sometimes but alot of these people do take advantage of the situation and will never go back to work unless they are made to. Same with unemployment 2 years on employment is too long. Time to people to get off their butts and get back to work.
I've never had welfare or unemployment. I don't believe in hard work. I belive in smart and efficient work. I'm always looking for ways to do a job better with less time and elbow grease. IMO, working hard doesn't get you anything but a sore body and injuries. Been there/Done that. That's not good for you OR your employer. You only get one body...take care of it.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Do you think you told me something I don't already know!?
Yes, it is obvious that you think you know so much but in all reality you are the Honey Boo Boo, Kim Kardashian type..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
DUH!! I don't care for anything Obama has done either and I didn't vote for him.
But take Obama out of the picture. Replace him with any politician of your choosing. How much better do you think things would be? In my opinion things wouldn't be much different. There is only ONE person who would have stopped the spending. And he didn't win.
Have you ever looked at the spending your super hero idiot did in his district? LMAO!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> $100 a day is less than 40 thousand per year. Your paid between 32 and 42 cents per mile. the very best you could hope for would be to average 50 paid miles per hour. that sounds like $15 to $20 dollars per hour, but your not counting loading & unloading time. time doing paperwork ,time fueling the truck. etc and your miles are based on a formula that dont pay for all the miles unless its in your contract you get paid for hub miles. after expences your lucky to average a $100 dollars per day. Dot rules limit you to ten hours driving and one hour on duty time in a 24 hour period. then there are flat tires and other breakdowns. pretty shitty job when its all said & done. I did it off and on for more than 40 years. My 36 storage rental units make me $50 + per day and I dont spend 10 hours per month operating them. I just was there today doing my weekly check.one of the renters was trying to operate a flea market out of a unit. they tried to claim yard sale. I make all renters sign a contract no yard sales or buisness of any kind to be operated at the storage facility. storage only no camping or tryng to live in the units. Its fenced and the gates open at daylight and close at sunset. I give a guy who lives nearby free rent of a unit for opening & closing the gates every day. He alerts me of any problems like the one today. he dont comfront folks or try & police anything. He calls me and lets me handle it.
That sounds like a pretty good gig. I once thought of buying some storage units in Northern MI, but at $80,000+ I didn't have the cash and didn't want to go into debt. It was also a few hours away and wouldn't be convenient for me to get there often if I needed to.

At the time, I really just wanted to buy vacant land more than anything, so I could have a quiet place to go birding, hiking and photographing without interruption. That's when I bought the 30 acres up north. It's already been divided into three ten acres parcels, has electric and is only about two miles to town. It's about 98% wooded and has a road for easy access.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I've never had welfare or unemployment. I don't believe in hard work. I belive in smart and efficient work. I'm always looking for ways to do a job better with less time and elbow grease. IMO, working hard doesn't get you anything but a sore body and injuries. Been there/Done that. That's not good for you OR your employer. You only get one body...take care of it.
So you're a dreamer.....

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> you dont qualify because you have equity in land in texas & michigan that you dont live on.
The land in Texas is in the middle of nowhere, near the NM border, and is only 1 1/4 acre parcel. I'd be lucky if I could get $600 for it. You interested?

The MI property was good investment. It appraised at $15K more than what I paid for it. Whether it would still appraise at that in todays economy is another question.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The land in Texas is in the middle of nowhere, near the NM border, and is only 1 1/4 acre parcel. I'd be lucky if I could get $600 for it. You interested?
The MI property was good investment. It appraised at $15K more than what I paid for it. Whether it would still appraise at that in todays economy is another question.
yes but their liquid assetts there are guidelines you can have a brand new car that you are making payments on but you cant have two older paid for vehicles. the giudelines prevent the reciepient form accmulating assetts beyond a certian dollar amount. if they try & do better their punished by haveing benifits taken away. Reward failure & punish success?
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That sounds like a pretty good gig. I once thought of buying some storage units in Northern MI, but at $80,000+ I didn't have the cash and didn't want to go into debt. It was also a few hours away and wouldn't be convenient for me to get there often if I needed to.
At the time, I really just wanted to buy vacant land more than anything, so I could have a quiet place to go birding, hiking and photographing without interruption. That's when I bought the 30 acres up north. It's already been divided into three ten acres parcels, has electric and is only about two miles to town. It's about 98% wooded and has a road for easy access.
We built ours . The first one i even cut the trees & sawmilled the 4x4 poles roof rafters etc. I did all the dirt work & grading. I hired a concrete man to help pour & finish the floor. I hauled creek gravel for rough ballast. Then I had crushed rock hauled in to top off the gravel. I put old rusty tin on the ground first not a blade of grass or hardly any weeds grow. The profits from the first twelve pais for the next 12 units and We just last year built twelve more units. the colored metal was the biggest expence. No electric no heat no insulation no building code. And you dont have to be present very much.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is obvious that you think you know so much but in all reality you are the Honey Boo Boo, Kim Kardashian type..
Who's that?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever looked at the spending your super hero idiot did in his district? LMAO!
As a representative of that district, and since those people had their money taken from them against their will, it is only right the super hero gets stuff for those people in return for their cash.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>So you're a dreamer.....
The most successful people on earth had been dreamers...dreaming of easier and better, more efficient ways of doing things.
nope

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Nope
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

<quoted text>
As a representative of that district, and since those people had their money taken from them against their will, it is only right the super hero gets stuff for those people in return for their cash.
So your big idiot would stop the spending even though people from my district sent him their hard earned federal tax dollars? You are a walking contradiction. Paul is no better than any of them.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,101 - 22,120 of28,652
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 6 min looking 8
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 2 hr educated 2,526
Should Union County Child Support be investigated? (Apr '08) 3 hr Soledad 108
April Leamons in Jail 4 hr Duck lover 3
New Century 6 hr Sky King 6
Your ambulance service sues city 9 hr guest 1
Jorden Marie Sample (Mar '13) 10 hr ayogirl 68
•••
•••