|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

curmudgeon wrote:
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation ---------- Now tell me how anything in this is incorrect untruthful or does not apply?
To a poor elderly person, or one who is disabled, that little monthly check could very well be seen as legislated prosperity.

With such a great wealth divide in this country I dont see any body legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

curmudgeon wrote:
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation ---------- Now tell me how anything in this is incorrect untruthful or does not apply?
History certainly tells us how well theories like his were NOT working before 1935. The year Social Security came about.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
History certainly tells us how well theories like his were NOT working before 1935. The year Social Security came about.
And what we now have is working? we now have more homeless than during the depression, the USa borrows 40 cents of every dollar. the wealthy have taken their buisnesses & money to other places. The takers greatly outnumber the makers. Places like detriot are considered war zones. The city of detroit erected billboards telling folks enter at your own risk! The USA is in decline and its being done on purpose. The UN and New World Order Agenda 21 plan is steadily turing the USA into a third world country. There isnt now or hasnt been in a while any viable political or ballott box choices. Ill never vote again. Social security is a Ponzi scheme. However Im not referring to some eldelery persons pittance ofa monthly goverment check. You envoking the pity of the poor is a lame answer a poor justiciation of robbing the producers. I referring to the exorbant pay & perks the elected officials vote themselves. The wasted money the goverments spend on wars foriegn aid outside of the USA. That money is gone from the US soil robbed from the US citizens and spent to the benifit of folks that are not productive taxpayers on uS soil.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Adrian Rogers piece, which was part of a 1984 sermon, and was also included in another work titled "Ten Secrets for a Successful Family" is quoted below:
You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else. Whenever somebody receives something without working for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving. The worst thing that can happen to a nation is for half of the people to get the idea they don't have to work because somebody else will work for them, and the other half to get the idea that it does no good to work because they don't get to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
legislate the poor into freedom? the U S Counstition guarntees the freedom of the poor just a equally as the wealthy.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, that was a sign that curmudgeon was plagiarizing Dr. Adrian Rogers.
A Televangelist who is dead but his organization is still begging for money.
Nobody was plagiarizing anything idiot..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"tuckerd"-tuckered
"google"- Google
" aparently" -apparently
" It's very common there for possums to think they know more than they do"
It would appear so opossum.
Is barney playing the spelling gam again. Do you really want to go there retard?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

curmudgeon wrote:
I agree with most of this. However a compelling case could be made against point 4. Example- Churm has $12 million. If he divides it and gives Raptor in Michigan $6 million, you now have two wealthy people instead of just one!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>EVERYTHING except BIRDS! Prove me wrong or shut up!
Make me!!!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
To a poor elderly person, or one who is disabled, that little monthly check could very well be seen as legislated prosperity.
With such a great wealth divide in this country I dont see any body legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
I have never heard anybody say we should help the truly disabled. The point still remains it's not the governments place to steal from some and give to others. If you did that, or if I did that, we would go to prison, no matter how good our intentions.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Make me!!!
As usual..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

<quoted text>
I agree with most of this. However a compelling case could be made against point 4. Example- Churm has $12 million. If he divides it and gives Raptor in Michigan $6 million, you now have two wealthy people instead of just one!
If raptor got off her ass and worked for it she could be number 4 also!

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Is barney playing the spelling gam again. Do you really want to go there retard?
Do you?

"You have a good chance at getting to (heavan) you know what they say God takes care of children and FOOLS"

That may be your only hope.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

<quoted text>
I have never heard anybody say we should help the truly disabled. The point still remains it's not the governments place to steal from some and give to others. If you did that, or if I did that, we would go to prison, no matter how good our intentions.
Nice thing about this government , if you don't like it your free to choose most any other country you like.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Is barney playing the spelling gam again. Do you really want to go there retard?
WARRIOR how unlike you to drop an upper case letter in a proper noun. A few others do it habitually, very odd for you, or is it?

Just saying.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Wiser than DKN and Barney wrote:
<quoted text>This is the first time i could get on here in three days.
Hadn't noticed.
<quoted text>So thought answer your question. I believe in the one true God of the bible. I'm talking about the God of abraham issac and jacob. If you haven't got to know him. It's the best decision you will ever make. You see i give God total credit to the reason why i ain't on drugs or drinking. You see i've had alot of friends, family, spouse and kids either all of them have either done me dirty or let me down. Some have wounded my heart. It has taking me years to forgive and pray for these people. I'm nobody's doormat. My God is my rock.
The values my parents taught me were assisted by Religion as a youngster, after that I assumed responsibility for my actions...and my choice of friends. Never really thought I needed a crutch to do the right thing, but we all find our way differently.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

<quoted text>So do you or don't you believe in God?
Is that really any of your business?
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Did you once send Jim and Tammy Faye your monthly pledge?

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

What was in that series of post that would prompt that question?

Now if you ask me what my thoughts are on a Baptist preacher that incorporated politics into sermons and then used the same material to raise money.

I have a answer for you.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If raptor got off her ass and worked for it she could be number 4 also!
Newsflash: wealth isn't acquired by "working for it." If that was the case, anyone who has a job would be wealthy.
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What was in that series of post that would prompt that question?
Now if you ask me what my thoughts are on a Baptist preacher that incorporated politics into sermons and then used the same material to raise money.
I have a answer for you.
You always have an answer to a question no one asked and ducks, dodges and lies for the questions that are asked of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,821 - 21,840 of27,916
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Watch The Homo Go 4 min Watch The Homo Go 16
This is Great 1 hr sicko spotted 19
Mexican food. 1 hr reallier 5
Dixie Modica (Jan '12) 2 hr dixie modica 15
rjd 3 hr lol 3
Alewine auction 3 hr lookr 14
Shelby Coke 7 hr Petey 2
•••

Flood Warning for Union County was issued at April 23 at 7:51PM CDT