5,982 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Batesville, AR

#22396 Feb 19, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text> OH and Arnold Schwartzenager was a democrat right? Get real. Ran the show for years yah that makes sense. Yah all this comming from the 2nd poorest state in the nation congrats Arkansas way to be in the top 10 failures of the nation.
Ahnold was as Republican as Hillary Clinton. Wait Wait Wait, I'll use the liberal battle cry "it was Grey Davis fault, you're racist". I do give you kudos for not even trying to deny the unwashed, drug addicted, welfare sucking leeches. There is an old saying "California slept with Mexico, unable to afford the unplanned pregnancy they got a free abortion. The undeveloped fetus survived. They named it Oregon"

Batesville, AR

#22397 Feb 19, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a second. First off, Bush did fight two wars and most of it was paid for on a credit card which Obama called unAmerican. I would imagine that the bulk of the fighting which was done under Bush cost significantly more than the fighting under Obama. If it didn't cost more then we need to find out why because we have not been firing near as many missles or using near as many resources as we did on the front end of those wars. Bush racked up about $4 trillion in debt in 8 years while Obama has almost doubled that amount $6 trillion in just 4 years. The ironic thing is that Obama did it on the same "bank of China" card he called Bush unAmerican for using. As for the banking system, there is plenty of blame to go around but you should not ignore the fact that Barney Frank repeatedly talked about the stability of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while he was pushing for relaxed loan guidelines so more people could get into a home. It wasn't until the housing market crashed that he flipped and called for tougher regulation. All this did is strangle the banks who now need to make loans to qualified individuals and businesses but can't. I would argue that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should bear the brunt of the blame in that debacle.
What most ignorant liberals don't understand is that the meltdown of 2008 was called "Barney Franks legacy" by the Boston Herald. And great point about the evil Bush racking up a 4 trillion dollar debt and the savior Obama doing the right thing by tripleing it. It's scary how stupid most liberals are.
Hey

Mountain Home, AR

#22398 Feb 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What most ignorant liberals don't understand is that the meltdown of 2008 was called "Barney Franks legacy" by the Boston Herald. And great point about the evil Bush racking up a 4 trillion dollar debt and the savior Obama doing the right thing by tripleing it. It's scary how stupid most liberals are.
I would just about guess that you would say G.W. Bush former policies did not have a thing to do with U.S. debt going even higher.

Reagan sent the debt through the roof, Bush blew a budget surplus and brought this country to it financial knees.

If I were a Republican, that would scare me too.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#22399 Feb 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (FCIC), AKA-Angelides Commission?

A bi-partisan commission, of Republicans and Democrats.

"While the vulnerabilities that created the potential for crisis were years in the making, it was the collapse of the housing bubble—fueled by low interest rates, easy and available credit, scant regulation, and toxic mortgages— that was the spark that ignited a string of events, which led to a full-blown crisis in the fall of 2008. Trillions of dollars in risky mortgages had become embedded throughout the financial system, as mortgage-related securities were packaged, repackaged, and sold to investors around the world. When the bubble burst, hundreds of billions of dollars in losses in mortgages and mortgage-related securities shook markets as well as financial institutions that had significant exposures to those mortgages and had borrowed heavily against them. This happened not just in the United States but around the world. The losses were magnified by derivatives such as synthetic securities.“

Not as simple as the Boston Herald editorial board's

"Barney Franks legacy"

is it?

Oh stupid me will take the opinion of a bi-partisan commission with subpoena power over that of the editorial board.

Hmmm

North Little Rock, AR

#22400 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I would just about guess that you would say G.W. Bush former policies did not have a thing to do with U.S. debt going even higher.
Reagan sent the debt through the roof, Bush blew a budget surplus and brought this country to it financial knees.
Let em' have their fun here on topix because ever since Rush, Beck, and Fox News inception you might notice the Republicans have steadily lost voters and national elections.

Let em' live the under the impression that the majority of voters want some radical off the wall right-wing BS setting policy for the rest of us.

They are their own worst enemies and I wish them well in their outdated and ineffective pursuits.
Hmmm

North Little Rock, AR

#22401 Feb 19, 2013
The Tea Party was the best thing to happen to Democrats in a long time, keep up the good work knuckle draggers.

Washington DC

#22402 Feb 19, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be honest. Fannie and Freddie, didn't make subprime loans'

and Barney Frank sure as Hell did not force the credit-rating

agencies to slap high-grade ratings on packages of subprime debt.
what

Blytheville, AR

#22403 Feb 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (FCIC), AKA-Angelides Commission?
A bi-partisan commission, of Republicans and Democrats.
"While the vulnerabilities that created the potential for crisis were years in the making, it was the collapse of the housing bubble—fueled by low interest rates, easy and available credit, scant regulation, and toxic mortgages— that was the spark that ignited a string of events, which led to a full-blown crisis in the fall of 2008. Trillions of dollars in risky mortgages had become embedded throughout the financial system, as mortgage-related securities were packaged, repackaged, and sold to investors around the world. When the bubble burst, hundreds of billions of dollars in losses in mortgages and mortgage-related securities shook markets as well as financial institutions that had significant exposures to those mortgages and had borrowed heavily against them. This happened not just in the United States but around the world. The losses were magnified by derivatives such as synthetic securities.“
Not as simple as the Boston Herald editorial board's
"Barney Franks legacy"
is it?
Oh stupid me will take the opinion of a bi-partisan commission with subpoena power over that of the editorial board.
That is, of course, unless the editorial board fits your point of view...

Washington DC

#22404 Feb 19, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>That is, of course, unless the editorial board fits your point of view...
Let me point out the obvious here, the commission was a
BI-PARTISAN one made up of Dems-Gop-and others, who issued a report on the facts they had obtained.

The editorial was a partisan, subjective opinion of the Newspaper.

Now which source are you going to choose,

the Republicans with facts gathered under oath,

or the editorial board, whose bottom line is to sell Newspapers?

Post Turtle

Cherokee Village, AR

#22405 Feb 19, 2013
Obamaville

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xEYFFiEnUjQ

Turn the sound up.

Washington DC

#22407 Feb 19, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>That is, of course, unless the editorial board fits your point of view...

I went to the BOSTON GLOB web site and search their editorial archives for "Barney Franks legacy" and I came up with 1,187 post matching that.

Really would like to know which one of those 1187 articles you were referring to.

If you would not wait till 23 post latter to answer this.

I sure would appreciate it.
what

Dallas, TX

#22408 Feb 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me point out the obvious here, the commission was a
BI-PARTISAN one made up of Dems-Gop-and others, who issued a report on the facts they had obtained.
The editorial was a partisan, subjective opinion of the Newspaper.
Now which source are you going to choose,
the Republicans with facts gathered under oath,
or the editorial board, whose bottom line is to sell Newspapers?
Like I said, you'll use which ever one agrees with your point of view.
what

Dallas, TX

#22409 Feb 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to the BOSTON GLOB web site and search their editorial archives for "Barney Franks legacy" and I came up with 1,187 post matching that.
Really would like to know which one of those 1187 articles you were referring to.
If you would not wait till 23 post latter to answer this.
I sure would appreciate it.
You don't even know who you're communicating with anymore.
Nose Dirt

Earle, AR

#22412 Feb 19, 2013
The only thing wrong with this country is everyone else, so repeat after me, "Everyone else!"
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22414 Feb 19, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>That is probably because you don't know what the link means, as you cannot copy and paste it to your translator. Get a job like you have been telling everyone else and contribute. I love how you and that other republican who thinks he's so "wiser" than me. You 2 are the only ones that post consistantly throughout the day with no rhyme nor reason leading others to believe that you are infact those "welfare" reciepients you demonize and condemn. You do not deserve half the respect other posters have shown you 2 as your replies with koolaid and derogatory comments show your ignorance, when you cannot reply to the truth. Instead you change the subject to koolaid drinking hippies or some other form of name bashing to get your jollies off. Grow up and get a green card you perezoso mexicano and lay off the fox news drip as your guns will not be stripped from your homes all mighty "wiser" than me.
Hey TOOL, I am retired. I was fortunate to be able to retire early because my parents instilled in me knowledge, wisdom, outstanding work ethic, morals and solid core values. They are proud of the life I made, I am proud of the family I raised. They are Republicans. I wish democrats could be like this also..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22415 Feb 19, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Warrior i figured you might this interesting. Check it out. www.obamagolfcounter.com .
WOW! Typical I have mine, you get yours liberal!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22416 Feb 19, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama has lowered it. LMAO!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22417 Feb 19, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Let em' have their fun here on topix because ever since Rush, Beck, and Fox News inception you might notice the Republicans have steadily lost voters and national elections.
Let em' live the under the impression that the majority of voters want some radical off the wall right-wing BS setting policy for the rest of us.
They are their own worst enemies and I wish them well in their outdated and ineffective pursuits.
Tell us a little bit about this Rush, Beck and Fox you listen to.. Are they good? Is it you who made them number one and rich? Tell us about them..

Washington DC

#22418 Feb 19, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you'll use which ever one agrees with your point of view.
Actually I agree to both here.

And I will continue to stand with the commission on this one as I said.

You see the Boston Globe is what you people call, "left wing" media.

Not only that, Barney Frank is very popular in Boston and lives seven miles from down town Boston.

Would it not stand to reason that the editorial, as good as it may have been for Barney, would have a bias subjective opinion?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22419 Feb 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be honest. Fannie and Freddie, didn't make subprime loans'
and Barney Frank sure as Hell did not force the credit-rating
agencies to slap high-grade ratings on packages of subprime debt.
He had a little help in Chris Dodd. Both are now gone. Interesting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dodge Dealership Demo 11 min Walters 25
Halloween re-scheduled 36 min Duck lover 27
Christy WAlker Dixon Tennyson Swearengen 38 min Cowards 3
Ebola is likly in El Dorado 38 min Duck lover 44
Dave Matthews Tribute Band coming to El Dorado 3 hr Drp 4
Hamilton Radiator Shop see they are closing down 13 hr Screwed 7
large dope growing inside house at 593 old cali... 22 hr Hecks 2
El Dorado Dating
Find my Match

El Dorado Jobs