Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,302 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22318 Feb 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how did this “Obama Phone” rumor get started anyway? Back around early 2009, emails began circulating that called the free cell phone program the Obama Phone. And you know what happens when emails start getting passed around — few people verify them, and just simply forward them to everyone in their contact list. And the people who forward them believe that Barack Obama has socialist tendencies, so there was a willing audience. Here is just one sample email:
FW: Obamaphone… no joke!!
I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell phone number and he told me yes this was his “Obama phone.” I asked him what an “Obama phone” was and he went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to receive (1) a FREE new phone and (2) approx 70 minutes of FREE minutes every month. I was a little skeptical so I Googled it and low and behold he was telling the truth. TAX PAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS FOR FREE CELL PHONES. This program was started earlier this year. Enough is enough, the ship is sinking and it’s sinking fast. The very foundations that this country was built on are being shaken. The age old concepts of God, family, and hard work have flown out the window and are being replaced with “Hope and Change” and “Change we can believe in.”

Variations of these emails persist to this day. Like President Obama or not, they are simply false.
BTW-GW Bush added cell phones to the plan to keep up with modern technology.

And that is a fact that is indisputable..........

How about a free Bush phone ?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22319 Feb 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW-GW Bush added cell phones to the plan to keep up with modern technology.
And that is a fact that is indisputable..........
How about a free Bush phone ?
I bet you have an Obama PHO just like your gal!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22320 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you have an Obama PHO just like your gal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NUrRjdLIz7cXX
Be careful, your true reason for hating President Obama is showing through.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22321 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Why would he ban the media, he has the most transperant presidency in the histroy of the U.S. So he said he would..
"It's nice to see that the media—that slept through the lead-up to the war in Iraq, that cheerfully pretended the tea party was a grassroots uprising, that breathlessly reported on birth certificates and death panels, all while pretending that the Republican party hadn't spent the last four years obstructing any and all legislation put forward by President Obama—are finally fighting for a principle. Because knowing that the president three-putted on nine will allow us all to sleep better at night"
what

Blytheville, AR

#22322 Feb 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, your true reason for hating President Obama is showing through.
Why? Because Obama exploits minorities? That's a very legitimate reason to dislike Obame, The Exploiter and Chief.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22323 Feb 18, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Because Obama exploits minorities? That's a very legitimate reason to dislike Obame, The Exploiter and Chief.
WHAT the hell do you think the guy in the, Rush want-a-be YOU TUBE clip , and the poster (likely you) were doing?

That it was just a coincidence that both people were black, and the dialect from the lady on Stern show would lead one to think she was as well.


Nope, no minority exploiting going on there.




Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22328 Feb 18, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>Barney i think you need to get a new hobby instead of being on here and being mr expert. I got a great idea you can go play golf with obama and tiger. You don't have to worry media is banned so no one will know how good little buddies act when the media isn't there, when nobody is looking.
I thought you folks were all about constitutional rights, like privacy.
guest

Batesville, AR

#22331 Feb 18, 2013
Reading these post and watching MSNBC I have come to realize that Obama has the easiest job on plant earh. Everything is Bush's fault and we are all racist. This President has owned up to nothing! NOTHING! unemployment? Bush's fault. Price of gas? Bush's fault. Jerry Buss died? Bush's fault. Raining today in Batesville? Bush's fault. Why did the chicken cross the road? Bush's fault and racism. He has a free pass to run us into the ground. He has done nothing, accomplished nothing, made things worse and taken more time off then any President ever. And anyone who disagree's with anything he say's is a racist.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22332 Feb 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, your true reason for hating President Obama is showing through.
What reason is that Barney, come on you can do it, it's the tried and proven liberal way, come on throw it out there you can do it we have come to expect it time and time again, come on throw it, throw it, don't dissapoint us you can do it, what is the true reason come on do it throw it out there Barney....
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22333 Feb 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's nice to see that the media—that slept through the lead-up to the war in Iraq, that cheerfully pretended the tea party was a grassroots uprising, that breathlessly reported on birth certificates and death panels, all while pretending that the Republican party hadn't spent the last four years obstructing any and all legislation put forward by President Obama—are finally fighting for a principle. Because knowing that the president three-putted on nine will allow us all to sleep better at night"
You watch to much FOX News..
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#22335 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go big dummy! The first lady is Barney's girlfriend..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NUrRjdLIz7cXX
Judging by your past 5 or 6 posts it seems to me that you still have not grown up yet. You and your other republican buddies on here continue to talk about nothing. You suggest what you perceive to be reality and are quickly shot down by fact based thesis and instead of accepting it you guys go off the deep end by talking about Obama koolaid and so called "welfare" checks that everyone that does not agree with you draws. Get real. When you have something reasonable to say above a 3rd grade reading level that makes half as much sense as a 2 year old then maybe people might somewhat believe what you say. You think you are getting over when in all reality you are sounding more ignorant than your original post. Put a sentence together and defend your thesis without derogatory comments and simple minded rhetoric or everyone will continue to show you, your own ignorance whether you want to see it or not.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22336 Feb 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT the hell do you think the guy in the, Rush want-a-be YOU TUBE clip , and the poster (likely you) were doing?
That it was just a coincidence that both people were black, and the dialect from the lady on Stern show would lead one to think she was as well.
Nope, no minority exploiting going on there.
Hey knucklehead, Blacks and Whites are minorities here in New Mexico. I just had to burst your racist bubble. Guess what color I am Barney?
guest

Batesville, AR

#22338 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What reason is that Barney, come on you can do it, it's the tried and proven liberal way, come on throw it out there you can do it we have come to expect it time and time again, come on throw it, throw it, don't dissapoint us you can do it, what is the true reason come on do it throw it out there Barney....
Barney has called many people racist. It's all he has. Remember, Barney spends more time on here then anyone. Topix is a site that is overwhelmingly used by 13 to 17 year olds. He has never made a lucid point, he calls names and post tings he reads on liberal sites. Barney is a sad pitiful little man.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#22341 Feb 18, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>Judging by your past 5 or 6 posts it seems to me that you still have not grown up yet. You and your other republican buddies on here continue to talk about nothing. You suggest what you perceive to be reality and are quickly shot down by fact based thesis and instead of accepting it you guys go off the deep end by talking about Obama koolaid and so called "welfare" checks that everyone that does not agree with you draws. Get real. When you have something reasonable to say above a 3rd grade reading level that makes half as much sense as a 2 year old then maybe people might somewhat believe what you say. You think you are getting over when in all reality you are sounding more ignorant than your original post. Put a sentence together and defend your thesis without derogatory comments and simple minded rhetoric or everyone will continue to show you, your own ignorance whether you want to see it or not.
BLAH. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, you throw garbage out there and when confronted with the truth you then throw more garbage out there. You say prove it about the phones, I post it for you and all to see, proving it and then you look at it and still deny it exists. You are truly a mental nut case. The only time you ever left that welfare line was to vote for Obama!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22342 Feb 18, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>Nope she's saving for that jet she keeps accusing me of having. Yea you can thank the liberals for making it all possible for the lazy idiots to get those welfare checks, phones etc..
Not all, lets look at some history.

Feb.8, 1996- the 106th Congress, which was the only Congress since the 50's, that both houses were MAJORITY REPUBLICAN

Passed the TELECOMMUNICATION ACT.

Using the TELECOMMUNICATION ACT in 2008 George W. Bush updates the plan to include cell phones.

One private company (the first) that provided service for these phones was Trac Phone.


TracFone was established in 1996 as Topp Telecom Inc., a prepaid cell phone company, in Miami, Florida. In February 1999, Topp received a major infusion of capital from Teléfonos de México

(NYSE: TMX), Mexico's largest telephone company. TelMex paid $57.5 million for a 55 percent controlling interest in the company.


How do like those apples.

A Republican house and Senate passes a bill that a Republican President expanded that puts a fee on your phone bill, cell and land line, that goes to a, WINK-Wink, Florida company that is 55% controlled by a Mexican telephone company.


If I was you, I think I would shut up about the OBAMA PHONE.

dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#22343 Feb 18, 2013
guest wrote:
Reading these post and watching MSNBC I have come to realize that Obama has the easiest job on plant earh. Everything is Bush's fault and we are all racist. This President has owned up to nothing! NOTHING! unemployment? Bush's fault. Price of gas? Bush's fault. Jerry Buss died? Bush's fault. Raining today in Batesville? Bush's fault. Why did the chicken cross the road? Bush's fault and racism. He has a free pass to run us into the ground. He has done nothing, accomplished nothing, made things worse and taken more time off then any President ever. And anyone who disagree's with anything he say's is a racist.
Yah unemployment is Bush's fault. Incase you were asleep the last 10 years or unless you were 10 yrs old at the time. Bush put us in the greatest recession since the Great Depression where we were bleeding over 750k jobs PER MONTH. All before Obama took control of the presidency. Price of gas is controlled by NO president so where do you have your sound bite or statement of Obama blamming gas pricess on Bush? Gas was cheaper during 08 because not as many people were using gas as well incase you were asleep again we were in a recession! Gas prices all over the world fell as economies were on the brink of collapse. Bush almost single handidly destroyed the world. Who actually knows what you are talking bout with your conspiracies when you mention this "Jerry Bush". Who the hell is that, and why do you believe Obama has blamed his death on Bush? The President is NOT the sole pusher and advocate for passing laws nor is he in direct control of passing laws, that is what CONGRESS is for. So far REPUBLICANS in congress have did NOTHING to help the country. NAME ONE piece of legislation proposed and put forth by republicans in the past 4 years. NONE. Your just as much a joke as your POS lame duck party that cannot whipe their own ass without Karl Rove or the Tea Party determining which toilet paper to use.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#22344 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hey knucklehead, Blacks and Whites are minorities here in New Mexico. I just had to burst your racist bubble. Guess what color I am Barney?
More than likely one of those illegal aliens that overruns your state. If not then I bet you are or know someone related to them.
guest

Batesville, AR

#22345 Feb 18, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>Yah unemployment is Bush's fault. Incase you were asleep the last 10 years or unless you were 10 yrs old at the time. Bush put us in the greatest recession since the Great Depression where we were bleeding over 750k jobs PER MONTH. All before Obama took control of the presidency. Price of gas is controlled by NO president so where do you have your sound bite or statement of Obama blamming gas pricess on Bush? Gas was cheaper during 08 because not as many people were using gas as well incase you were asleep again we were in a recession! Gas prices all over the world fell as economies were on the brink of collapse. Bush almost single handidly destroyed the world. Who actually knows what you are talking bout with your conspiracies when you mention this "Jerry Bush". Who the hell is that, and why do you believe Obama has blamed his death on Bush? The President is NOT the sole pusher and advocate for passing laws nor is he in direct control of passing laws, that is what CONGRESS is for. So far REPUBLICANS in congress have did NOTHING to help the country. NAME ONE piece of legislation proposed and put forth by republicans in the past 4 years. NONE. Your just as much a joke as your POS lame duck party that cannot whipe their own ass without Karl Rove or the Tea Party determining which toilet paper to use.
Jerry Bush? wow, you are a true inbred. No one said Jerry Bush. I said Jerry Buss, the owner of the Lakers died today. You are powerful stupid. If you got your information from anything besides Kieth olbermann you's know that the financial meltdown of 2008 was a result of Barney Frank and Bill Clinton forcing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make loans to people making $5 an hour. You have just proven how retarded liberals are. Jerry Bush! geez, you are far far far dumber then most libs.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#22346 Feb 18, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>You just love insulting people, that you don't agree with. Not once have i ever heard you say one nice thing. And quit calling me a republican, i'm not registered to either party. The republicans are no worst than the democrats that get behind and do the president's bidding. Why don't you get off here and take up a new hobby like playing golf. Obama spins most of his time doing it, so you two could become golfing buddies then you wouldn't be on here insulting us.
Look when you Republicans have something decent to say to defend your thesis and quit acting like whining babies when proposed with the facts then you might not only get ahead of the conversation here but ahead in life as well, or what simple minded one you have. Oh yeah? so for how many years have Republican presidents ran this country in the ground and democrats have to dig us back out? Learn your history. You ever notice that in history ALL the great men and presidents have been democrats? With the exception of a few Republicans such as Lincoln and there is NOT ONE republican in todays congress that even compares to the butt sweat Lincoln may have had. Republicans have did nothing but tell Obama and the democrats in the senate that they must propose 99% of the legislation before anything will or would be voted on or passed by the House. After they propose such legislation they still have NO vote in the House. Because Boehner is a spineless fool who cannot control his own party. Then they say the President should act and that the Senate should act when in all reality all revenue bills are supposed to reside in the House and that most legislation is supposed to be put forth by the House. Instead they act like a bunch of whining babies and send have the Senate propose legislation first or the president because they are too incompetant to think for themselves. After the Senate and the President either propose or agree on legislation it finally gets sent to the House and guess what? The House either kills or sits on the bills. WHAT A JOKE! Obama is the president and has taken minimul time off compared to Bush holding hands with Saudi Kings and taking Communist Putin on boat rides and playing golf every chance he got. GET REAL!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#22347 Feb 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hey knucklehead, Blacks and Whites are minorities here in New Mexico. I just had to burst your racist bubble. Guess what color I am Barney?
What does that rant have to do with your flagrantly exploiting a race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drone. 18 min Brian 2
Cougars 1 hr Naughty boy 3
fox 6 hr TheKings 8
Again - Samantha 6 hr TheKings 3
Jacob Lewis 6 hr TheKings 8
Michael Evans 8 hr redneck 7
black lives matter 9 hr The city of eldorado 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages