Diner

El Dorado, AR

#22 Apr 15, 2011
fred wrote:
Evidently I happen to be one of the very few who have had a series of good experiences here, therefore I will return. That being said, if all you folks who do not like the food, service, etc, why the hell do you keep going back 8 or 9 times? Shows either your intelligence or the fact that you happen to be the same folks who happen to just like to trash what ever comes along on this site that could be a sourse of ligitamate information, if allowed. I'll have the chicken fried chicken tonite I think. Pretty good by the way, and more than enough to fill me up........
Haven't been there in months. Now I feel intelligent.
county girl

El Dorado, AR

#23 Apr 15, 2011
Fopdd used to be good at lunch when Kyle was there but went for lunch last month and much was lacking like the saide salad and the taste
Wonderin

El Dorado, AR

#24 Apr 15, 2011
county girl wrote:
Fopdd used to be good at lunch when Kyle was there but went for lunch last month and much was lacking like the saide salad and the taste
What's a saide salad? I think I never had one. Kyle??? Baahhahha.
He moved

United States

#25 Apr 18, 2011
Kyle is at Black Cat now...

If your looking for good service.
lady

El Dorado, AR

#26 Apr 18, 2011
I have tried the black cat and the service and food were average but the parking is terrible around the lunch hours. They need their own parking lot.
He moved

United States

#27 Apr 18, 2011
lady wrote:
I have tried the black cat and the service and food were average but the parking is terrible around the lunch hours. They need their own parking lot.
There is a parking lot directly behind Black Cat.... It is hard to find parking anywhere in downtown during lunch hours.
DLF

El Dorado, AR

#28 Apr 18, 2011
Kyle is the best waiter in town. The Black Cat isn't any good. I went the for lunch one time and that's all it took for me. The food was out of a can and institutional level.

Been to Bayou Bistro plenty of times. Service is definitely hit or miss. Food is just ok....nothing to write home about.

I prefer to eat in my own kitchen because there's no place around here that's just "really good," and it's a shame. But I'm a good cook, could rival most of the restaurants around here and win.

Since: Jan 11

Little Rock, AR

#29 Apr 18, 2011
I used to work there...back when they were in their first year of business...the owner took criticism too harshly and threw fits over it! The food has never been that great, except seafood fett...and the last time I had it it was terrible! Seems that all service in this town has gone to hell. Only place ive ever eaten at that had great service was La Villa! If you want good food and great service, try Fay rays, or stay home lol
miss kyle

White Hall, AR

#32 Apr 18, 2011
Now that Kyle is gone I will not eat there. Not sure why he left but I do plan to visit the Black Cat again to
see him. I was not impressed with the Black Cat at all before but if Klye is there I will go there as I know all of Kyles regulars will. I think Bayou Bistro made a huge mistake for letting Kyle
get away to me he was Bayou Bistro. The manager that walks around is annoying, rude, not helpful, and does not need to be managing the place thats for sure. He does not know how to interact with customers. We dread seeing him walking towards our table and if there has ever been a problem
And we told him he has only said "oh" and done nothing about it. The food is average at best some things are just awful but then there are some good things too. Bring Kyle back and I am sure business will pick back up.

Little Rock, AR

#33 Apr 18, 2011
Ok...Kyle was not the beat server...he was average at best...we used to run our asses off taking his food to his tables, and refilling his drinks...the new manager is not that bad...he's different...but so is everyone. We all have quirks...as far as Todd...yes he was a perv...but oh well...if they want business to puck back up...they need to start with the food and the prices...some decent wait staff as well..Gil was a bigger ass then Todd. Thought he intimidated people haha...

Little Rock, AR

#34 Apr 18, 2011
And just because he sucks peoples ass when at their tables does not make him a good waiter..iv heard a lot of people complain about him...his hiking his leg up on the seat next to people...the mouth smacking...he was gross!
restauranteur

Camden, AR

#35 Apr 18, 2011
critterbug56 wrote:
Ok...Kyle was not the beat server...he was average at best...we used to run our asses off taking his food to his tables, and refilling his drinks...the new manager is not that bad...he's different...but so is everyone. We all have quirks...as far as Todd...yes he was a perv...but oh well...if they want business to puck back up...they need to start with the food and the prices...some decent wait staff as well..Gil was a bigger ass then Todd. Thought he intimidated people haha...
Unfortunately for you, a good server is judged in the eyes of the customer--not some other server who couldn't get the repeat business that he did. You can talk all the smack you want, but at the end of the day, Kyle has a customer base that is willing to take their business wherever he works. You can criticize him or learn from him...your choice.
miss kyle

White Hall, AR

#36 Apr 18, 2011
critterbug56 wrote:
Sounds like you were jealous of kyle. Kyle stayed booked bc everyone requested him! Sorry you had to help him out. And yes the manager is not good Im speaking from a customers point of view and I think my opinion matters since without customers there willl be no Bayou Bistro. It will close like every other food place in El Dorado. Todd & Gil are both good people. Sounds like you just hated your job. Im not going to argue with you. Kyle is by far the best waiter in El Dorado and people will follow him anywhere he goes thats a fact. You should see the growth in Black Cats business.
Jew Kyle

North Little Rock, AR

#37 Apr 19, 2011
Wow you guys follow a waiter around from place to place. He must be really good at cooking the food too. Because that's basically the reason I go to a certain restaurant. I'll take average/below average waiters so long as my food is good. Even an awesome waiter can't fix bad food.

Little Rock, AR

#38 Apr 19, 2011
restauranteur wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately for you, a good server is judged in the eyes of the customer--not some other server who couldn't get the repeat business that he did. You can talk all the smack you want, but at the end of the day, Kyle has a customer base that is willing to take their business wherever he works. You can criticize him or learn from him...your choice.
Lmfao...I no longer wait tables, and have been waited on him before...he's not that great! Also...mine followed me as well when I left...im not "hating" on anyone...I just don't see what other older customers see in him. And I'm not the only one

Little Rock, AR

#39 Apr 19, 2011
Jew Kyle wrote:
Wow you guys follow a waiter around from place to place. He must be really good at cooking the food too. Because that's basically the reason I go to a certain restaurant. I'll take average/below average waiters so long as my food is good. Even an awesome waiter can't fix bad food.
This is sooooo true!

Little Rock, AR

#40 Apr 19, 2011
And to say someone is jealous over someone else on this point is redonkulous! I get more dick then hes ever thought about lmfao! Y'all like his personality...that's great! But he's not that great a waiter

Since: Jun 09

El Dorado, AR

#41 Apr 19, 2011
I ate there three times before I gave up on them.

1. I ordered pasta with a sauce. Sauce cold, pasta hot.

2. Sauce hot, pasta cold. when I ordered a Jack and coke they bought it with no ice. Not melted ice, no ice had ever been in the glass.

3. I orders a steak medium rare. What they brought out was a some grey piece of meat that if I sent to a lab may or may not have been beef.
cockman

El Dorado, AR

#42 Apr 19, 2011
critterbug56- You sound like a dong,weiner,goober on here. Go chuck yurself and head to the john.
sad

White Hall, AR

#43 Apr 20, 2011
EldoMasterBlaster wrote:
I ate there three times before I gave up on them.

1. I ordered pasta with a sauce. Sauce cold, pasta hot.

2. Sauce hot, pasta cold. when I ordered a Jack and coke they bought it with no ice. Not melted ice, no ice had ever been in the glass.

3. I orders a steak medium rare. What they brought out was a some grey piece of meat that if I sent to a lab may or may not have been beef.
Wow thats horrible! I wouldnt go back either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best docs to work for in town! 1 hr Elian 15
20$ for a favor 1 hr I B Cummings 8
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 6 hr Hahaha 2,605
aau 8 hr Hoyas Coach 13
Hot upstairs addition 9 hr Requests 8
The Bottle Shop 11 hr Habeeb 3
New to the area 12 hr Jmw 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages