El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Never ate there, but have never heard anything good. Folks say the food sux and the service is worse. Try Good Times Grill, drive something small.

Since: Jan 11

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Inthedark wrote:
Never ate there, but have never heard anything good. Folks say the food sux and the service is worse. Try Good Times Grill, drive something small.
It is WONDERFUL!! Try the shrimp and grits!! I've had nothing but great service there.
Castratrix

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Their Cajun Nachos, appetizer but you should be well done if you eat one by yourself, are interesting.
ben

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Service is terrible and food has become average at best and way overpriced for the lack of quality. The last time we went we had to wait forever for our food! Stay away if you know what is good for you!
ben

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

I predict they will be gone within a year!
Diner

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

new around wrote:
Are they any good???!
There are several good items on the menu, but the portions are too large. They could have smaller portions (with smaller prices) for more moderate appetites. We love the fried pickles, but the order is so large, we stopped ordering it. It was too large for 2 people and not good as left overs. I agree that the service is not that good, especially if you get a certain (long time) male employee. I gave up a long time ago trying to eat lunch there as I could not get back to work within an hour.
margot

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

ben wrote:
Service is terrible and food has become average at best and way overpriced for the lack of quality. The last time we went we had to wait forever for our food! Stay away if you know what is good for you!
I've eaten there several times. There were two occasions where I complained about the taste of the food. Once, the bacon wrapped around the shrimp was going bad. They took my plate to the kitchen and someone came out and told me the "Chef" said there was no problem with it. The second time, my food was so salty that I had to spit it out almost immediately. Again, they took my plate to the "Chef" who said there was nothing wrong. Sometimes saying nothing other than can we get you a different dish would suffice. If I wanted the "Chef's" opinion on his dish, I would ask for it.

On the first occasion they were a little rude about getting me a different dish. The second time, they were nice about it and gladly let me order something else.

Service is hit and miss and the food is hit and miss also. I do like their shrimp and grits and they have been good every time.
ben

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Like I said, gone within a year! I've also had the tooooooo salty problem there also! It sucks because we need good places to eat but when the "chef's" tell the customer they are wrong...They deserve to be gone!
Holly

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Did they get a new chef? My food has always been great, my husband and I get annoyed sometimes by the manager. He comes by tooo much! Other than that, I have had no complaints.
Diner

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Judged:

Holly wrote:
Did they get a new chef? My food has always been great, my husband and I get annoyed sometimes by the manager. He comes by tooo much! Other than that, I have had no complaints.
Haven't noticed the "salt", but who knows what you are getting when U eat out> Recently read that Applebees is the WORST for sodium and fat grams. Steering away from there. I do not have a complaint with the food @ Bayou....more the size and price of portions. I do not want to order a salad and it comes out so HUGE it is ridiculous....enough for 3 people. Oversizing is what is wrong with this Country. As far as service, I only have a problem with one employee. Several months back, we took our Dad, recently widowed, there after Church one Sunday, to introduce him to the restaurant he had never been in. The service (by that one person) was so bad that he has never gone back, and as an elderly, widowed person, eats out every day. Missed opportunity.
hayseed

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Food good when I was there. No problem that I know of. The catfish was cooked well and so was the shrimp.
fred

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I go there more often than most other places for several reasons. Food, at least any dish I have had there, has been to my liking. It also is more than a normal portion in all cases. Service has been as good as you come across in this part of the world, in my opinion at least. Prices are not out of line, reasonable. Speedy service is not an issue, if I was in a hurry, McDonalds has a Drive-thru. I have no problem with the manager passing by my table, it's a good idea I think. I also feel that if I had a problem with my meal he or any of his staff would do whatever it took to see that it would be taken care of. I think I'll just go back again today, I'm hungry.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I have been there probably 10 times and 8 out of ten was terrible. The food has been "ok" but for the price you pay I want more than "ok".
sucks

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Havn't been there since they brought a cup of hot water to my table and told me to clean my own utensils after i had to ask for a clean fork 3 times. Manger and the employee's seemed like they had a good laugh about it. Worst service in this town and that is saying alot. Wouldn't know about the food and don't care if they serve gold plated lobster.
fred

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Evidently I happen to be one of the very few who have had a series of good experiences here, therefore I will return. That being said, if all you folks who do not like the food, service, etc, why the hell do you keep going back 8 or 9 times? Shows either your intelligence or the fact that you happen to be the same folks who happen to just like to trash what ever comes along on this site that could be a sourse of ligitamate information, if allowed. I'll have the chicken fried chicken tonite I think. Pretty good by the way, and more than enough to fill me up........
good food

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Never had a bad meal or service from there.
Percy

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

sucks wrote:
Havn't been there since they brought a cup of hot water to my table and told me to clean my own utensils after i had to ask for a clean fork 3 times. Manger and the employee's seemed like they had a good laugh about it. Worst service in this town and that is saying alot. Wouldn't know about the food and don't care if they serve gold plated lobster.
Why would you even think about eating gold plated lobster? That doesn't even make sense... stupid. Also, how did you clean your own utensils with only a cup of HOT WATER????
Gottaget

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I have never heard one single person who ate at this place say anything good about it. Not talking about this forum, but about folks we know personally.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Judged:

fred wrote:
Evidently I happen to be one of the very few who have had a series of good experiences here, therefore I will return. That being said, if all you folks who do not like the food, service, etc, why the hell do you keep going back 8 or 9 times? Shows either your intelligence or the fact that you happen to be the same folks who happen to just like to trash what ever comes along on this site that could be a sourse of ligitamate information, if allowed. I'll have the chicken fried chicken tonite I think. Pretty good by the way, and more than enough to fill me up........
My very first visit was right after they opened. When they were so busy they still had to use the extra party room. Most of the people with my party enjoyed what they ordered. I on the other hand ordered the stuffed shrimp. The Shrimp was ok but it was supposed to come on top of fried spinach and the shrimp basically set in a pool of greasy spinach. It also came with a stuffed tomato. Ok where I come from a stuffed tomato is the same as a stuffed bell pepper. The inside scooped out and replaced with other stuff and baked. This tomato was cut in half and they sprinkled the top with bread crumbs and baked it. I gave them anther chance later on and it was better. Anyway, Most of my visits were because of suggestion by the company I had. I have been to the one in Magnolia and it was much better.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of80
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr peter pan 9,716
Grigori cant post anymore 3 hr Grigori 2
getready 4 hr FreshLipstick 12
Tattoo Shop on Hillsboro 6 hr my homie 9
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr speller feller 27,903
Watch The Homo Go 7 hr LMAO 12
N****r babies!! 16 hr Hsjavavah 23
•••

Flood Warning for Union County was issued at April 20 at 9:23PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••