First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ghost hunter

El Dorado, AR

#21 Mar 13, 2013
also wrote:
<quoted text>
El Dorado Chemical, Great Lakes, Clean Harbors, Murphy Oil, Murphy USA, Deltin... All Hiring! Call your Chamber of Commerce. 1500 jobs added between 2009 and 2012. Doesn't include this year.
I have my concerns about those numbers being real,.. but even if they are that don't even come close to the 1680 jobs lost at pilgrims pride ONLY !!! not counting the other few thousand.
chuckem

El Dorado, AR

#22 Mar 13, 2013
ghost hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my concerns about those numbers being real,.. but even if they are that don't even come close to the 1680 jobs lost at pilgrims pride ONLY !!! not counting the other few thousand.
What does this have to do with a downtown hotel?
check ur figures

Dallas, TX

#23 Mar 13, 2013
ghost hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Pilgrims Pride only lost 800 jobs.
Hotel owner

El Dorado, AR

#24 Mar 13, 2013
I bet hotel owner name will be patel
mao

Stuttgart, AR

#25 Mar 13, 2013
Hotel owner wrote:
I bet hotel owner name will be patel
Who'd a thunk that....lol
Nope

El Dorado, AR

#26 Mar 14, 2013
ghost hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your concerns all you want. But those numbers are real, and those jobs pay good money....MUCH better than the minimum wage people at Pilgrim's made.
big dong daddy

El Dorado, AR

#27 Mar 14, 2013
Define good money
to dumbass

Dallas, TX

#28 Mar 14, 2013
big dong daddy wrote:
Define good money
Better than the minimum wage at Pilgrims, little pecker biatch.
FYI

El Dorado, AR

#29 Mar 14, 2013
to dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than the minimum wage at Pilgrims, little pecker biatch.
Some people can't stand to say anything good about El Dorado. It is people like them I would like to see move the hell away. If they aren't part of the solution, they are more than likely part of the problem!

And, btw, the wealthy people (they despise) in this town are putting their money where their mouth is, unlike many of the naysayers!
the to dumbass person

Dallas, TX

#30 Mar 15, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people can't stand to say anything good about El Dorado. It is people like them I would like to see move the hell away. If they aren't part of the solution, they are more than likely part of the problem!
And, btw, the wealthy people (they despise) in this town are putting their money where their mouth is, unlike many of the naysayers!
That is what's so irritating about this website. People post incorrect info about the (dramatically) "hundreds of thousands of jobs we lost!" We lost a few thousand over 8-10 years ago, but only a few hundred around 5 years ago. More has been added to cover the recent loss, so this should be an optimistic indicator of resolving the long term problem. You can't build a house in one day that took you a week to tear down. The wealthy people donate just a percentage of their wealth, which ANYBODY can do. But the people that complain don't give a dime, and their whining is what the wealthy people are trying to shut up. These naysayers are definitely THE PROBLEM when they complain about something, yet fail to follow through with a suggestion, idea for a solution, or even monetary support. Thus, they leave it in the hands of those who wish the quality of life was better here and actually care enough to do something about it (the so-called "wealthy.") Regardless, our local job force has increased in numbers since 2007, so its evident someone is doing something right.

And CNN recognized it, regardless if it was lobbied for. I'm sure there were more than 7 selections to choose from, but El Dawg got one slot! That's something to be proud of.
Agent Provocateur

Frisco, TX

#31 Jan 12, 2015
So tired of waiting for the train to move that I began considering the former El Do Lumber as a downtown hotel site. A siding could be added for parking the high roller visitors' private rail cars.
Caveman

El Dorado, AR

#33 Jan 12, 2015
All the growth downtown is for the wealthy group moving in after all the trash is swept out. The growth is not intended for the present residents that occupy this drug infested city. You folks are stupid if you can't see what's going on. Y'all sound so gay with your numbers and shit. Get Real!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kasey the bad as* 1 hr Camden Kid Toucher 12
News Woman stole truck from boyfriend she met on Fac... 4 hr Christie Taylor 8
Sponner 15 hr Dtf 1
Kasey doss Murphy 15 hr Dtf 9
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 22 hr Yankee 38,736
Need money now Wed Camden Kid Toucher 3
Dairy Queen stories? Aug 15 Kenny 14

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance