Hotel

Posted in the El Dorado Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Crazy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 8, 2013
 
What is Mayor Hash thinking?
student

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

This idea of a hotel is much premature as this conference center area is tremendously short of on site parking to handle any size meeting. An 80 room hotel would need at least 100 parking spaces for guests and employees. My papa told me that the last 2 prime downtown hotels Randolph and Garrett suffered tremendously due to the lack of parking for their guests and when the franchise hotels where built on the highways with easy ample parking and this was the final nail in the coffin for the Randolph and Garrett. I don't think Wal-Mart or Brookshires or the High School would have ever been built without adequate on site parking.
mao

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 9, 2013
 
I may be in the minority, but I think this would be a good thing if the planning is done correctly. I am always glad to see new bussineses come to El Do. Location is the largest obsticle. There is enough room behind the conference center to build a multi-level hotel and still have enough room for parking. The current location of the Flamingo would be good as well. Another factor is what is the current occupancy of the established hotels during the week.
hmmmmm

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 9, 2013
 
mao wrote:
I may be in the minority, but I think this would be a good thing if the planning is done correctly. I am always glad to see new bussineses come to El Do. Location is the largest obsticle. There is enough room behind the conference center to build a multi-level hotel and still have enough room for parking. The current location of the Flamingo would be good as well. Another factor is what is the current occupancy of the established hotels during the week.
Not sure if you read the paper much, but vehicles are always getting broken into in that area. I guess it would be good for the dope dealers as they'll need a place to set up shop too.
teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 9, 2013
 
student wrote:
This idea of a hotel is much premature as this conference center area is tremendously short of on site parking to handle any size meeting. An 80 room hotel would need at least 100 parking spaces for guests and employees. My papa told me that the last 2 prime downtown hotels Randolph and Garrett suffered tremendously due to the lack of parking for their guests and when the franchise hotels where built on the highways with easy ample parking and this was the final nail in the coffin for the Randolph and Garrett. I don't think Wal-Mart or Brookshires or the High School would have ever been built without adequate on site parking.
But there is enough ample parking already around the conference center, sufficing meetings in the past of almost 1,000 people! Parking right next to the front door is not necessary. Downtown provides plenty if open parking spaces and the ease of mobility. But a parking center might not be a bad idea, with the spike in growth that El Dorado has seen.
well

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 10, 2013
 
Off street parking is subject to the good will of the property owner. There is nothing that says the owner has to permit it, and nothing that says it has to be free if he does so.
weller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 10, 2013
 
well wrote:
Off street parking is subject to the good will of the property owner. There is nothing that says the owner has to permit it, and nothing that says it has to be free if he does so.
Youre right. And free parking is not a right found at the convention centers in Little Rock, Hot Springs, Shreveport, etc. either.
teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 10, 2013
 
well wrote:
Off street parking is subject to the good will of the property owner. There is nothing that says the owner has to permit it, and nothing that says it has to be free if he does so.
So,,you finally agree that there is more parking around the conference center than just their parking lot. And it is available for after hours parking, when most events at the center take place.
teacher I have a question

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The Spike in Eldo growth???? Growth in what? The census is down, school numbers are down. Estimated 14 teachers are to be gone this year. I'm not sure what growth you speak of, please be more clear.
teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 10, 2013
 
teacher I have a question wrote:
The Spike in Eldo growth???? Growth in what? The census is down, school numbers are down. Estimated 14 teachers are to be gone this year. I'm not sure what growth you speak of, please be more clear.
Census was down 3 years ago. It's up now. Enrollment in the schools is up, and should continue with the recent promise announcement, and turnovers of teachers (especially with the two-year teach for America program) are normally high and provide mo reflection towards growth whatsoever. Clear up your own misunderstandings and misconceptions, and you could've saved us both the time.
teacher I have a question

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 11, 2013
 
I do have the current numbers in front of me. Thanks.
Eldocat

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 11, 2013
 
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Census was down 3 years ago. It's up now. Enrollment in the schools is up, and should continue with the recent promise announcement, and turnovers of teachers (especially with the two-year teach for America program) are normally high and provide mo reflection towards growth whatsoever. Clear up your own misunderstandings and misconceptions, and you could've saved us both the time.
By what magic numbers do you show census up?
teacher

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 11, 2013
 
teacher I have a question wrote:
I do have the current numbers in front of me. Thanks.
Apparently not.
Susan

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

student wrote:
This idea of a hotel is much premature as this conference center area is tremendously short of on site parking to handle any size meeting. An 80 room hotel would need at least 100 parking spaces for guests and employees. My papa told me that the last 2 prime downtown hotels Randolph and Garrett suffered tremendously due to the lack of parking for their guests and when the franchise hotels where built on the highways with easy ample parking and this was the final nail in the coffin for the Randolph and Garrett. I don't think Wal-Mart or Brookshires or the High School would have ever been built without adequate on site parking.
I agree with everything you say and still can't believe the various individuals, commissions and elected leaders allowed $18 million dollars to be spent and NOT have appropriate parking on site for guests and customers. Shame, shame, shame.
ghost hunter

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 12, 2013
 
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is enough ample parking already around the conference center, sufficing meetings in the past of almost 1,000 people! Parking right next to the front door is not necessary. Downtown provides plenty if open parking spaces and the ease of mobility. But a parking center might not be a bad idea, with the spike in growth that El Dorado has seen.
"SPIKE IN GROWTH "..........ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!
SURELY WE CAN'T BE TALKING ABOUT A HANDFUL OF JOBS AT ATWOODS AND THERMOFLITE ??? WE HAVE LOST 1000'S AND GAINED LESS THAN 50..........ROTFLMAO !!!.......WOW THIS CITY BUNCH OF COUNTRY TURDS LOVES TO PAT THERE OWN BACKS..........ROTFLMAO !!!!HOW BOUT US BRINGING IN A FEW HUNDRED JOBS B-4 WE START CELEBRATING, WHAT A JOKE.
Nope

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ghost hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
"SPIKE IN GROWTH "..........ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!
SURELY WE CAN'T BE TALKING ABOUT A HANDFUL OF JOBS AT ATWOODS AND THERMOFLITE ??? WE HAVE LOST 1000'S AND GAINED LESS THAN 50..........ROTFLMAO !!!.......WOW THIS CITY BUNCH OF COUNTRY TURDS LOVES TO PAT THERE OWN BACKS..........ROTFLMAO !!!!HOW BOUT US BRINGING IN A FEW HUNDRED JOBS B-4 WE START CELEBRATING, WHAT A JOKE.
El Dorado Chemical - adding 100
Clean Harbors - adding 100
Lion Oil - already added 75
Great Lakes - already added 50
Murphy USA - adding 75
AmerCable - already added 50 with more coming

So there's 450 right there. You done now?
also

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 12, 2013
 
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
El Dorado Chemical - adding 100
Clean Harbors - adding 100
Lion Oil - already added 75
Great Lakes - already added 50
Murphy USA - adding 75
AmerCable - already added 50 with more coming
So there's 450 right there. You done now?
El Dorado Chemical, Great Lakes, Clean Harbors, Murphy Oil, Murphy USA, Deltin... All Hiring! Call your Chamber of Commerce. 1500 jobs added between 2009 and 2012. Doesn't include this year.
teacher I have a question

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 12, 2013
 
Lion Oil also eliminated several jobs. Several of those moved over to Chemtura.
teacherer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 12, 2013
 
teacher I have a question wrote:
Lion Oil also eliminated several jobs. Several of those moved over to Chemtura.
And they've added another 75 back already. Sounds like a win for Chemtura and the fresh new faces at Lion Oil.
chuckit

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 13, 2013
 
Don't be JOI on here-- this topic is about a hotel downtown not job numbers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Where is the best dance school in El Dorado? 1 hr Grow up 14
Big fat white women 1 hr Uncle dirty balls buddy 64
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Answer Man 28,748
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 8 hr educated 2,540
Name some men with small weiners 9 hr yeap 7
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Crazy 934
Timberlane McDonald's Still Worst in Town 12 hr Duck lover 31
•••
•••
•••
•••

El Dorado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

El Dorado News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in El Dorado
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••