I'm pregnant and I SMOKE, so what?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23 Oct 21, 2012
H8t3rzSuck wrote:
<quoted text>So starting a child on cigarettes will be ok? Kickazz...I'll adopt a 18 month old so he can be like this cool azz kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_te6dLVeqa8XX

Two-year-old Ardi Rizal smokes an astounding 40 cigarettes a day. He has been smoking since he was 18 months old after his Dad gave him his first smoke. Now he's addicted.
Omg I didn't say it was ok!! I was just trying to explain that while smoking while u are pregnant can have negative effects, smoking AROUND the baby after it is born causes much more harm.
Vlad

El Dorado, AR

#24 Oct 21, 2012
I like cake and cigarettes.
realdeal

El Dorado, AR

#25 Oct 21, 2012
Igotthe411 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually don't smoke. I do however work in the NICU at Children's in Little Rock so I've done more than my fair share of "research". My point was, when you see all I've seen, smoking cigarettes while pregnant is not the end of the world, nor does it mean the mother is selfish or unfit. Smoking CAN affect the fetus, just like a thousand other things can, but it doesn't mean it WILL. Stress on a pregnant woman causes the release of cortisol, a stress hormone. Increased levels of cortisol in mother means increased cortisol levels in baby. Doesn't necessarily mean the baby will grow up with a stress or panic disorder, but who's to say it won't?? People need to worry about their own issues and leave this poor girl alone.
Thank you. I know I shouldn't be smoking and I try not to but it doesn't mean I don't love my baby and I don't know why people would be so mean about it. Even though I'm not educated I can read and write well enough and research on the internet. Some people think they know everything just because they went to a few classes.
popo

El Dorado, AR

#26 Oct 21, 2012
My sister had a kid last year. She quit smoking the day she found out. She wasn't going to take a chance in hell of doing any sort of harm to her child. Thats how an expecting mother should think.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#27 Oct 21, 2012
popo wrote:
My sister had a kid last year. She quit smoking the day she found out. She wasn't going to take a chance in hell of doing any sort of harm to her child. Thats how an expecting mother should think.
And I'm sure she quit drinking cokes and tea, quit taking any kind of medication, and had a completely natural childbirth, without pain medication of any kind? Wow! She IS a great example of how an expectant mother should think! My hats off to her.
popo

El Dorado, AR

#28 Oct 21, 2012
Igotthe411 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure she quit drinking cokes and tea, quit taking any kind of medication, and had a completely natural childbirth, without pain medication of any kind? Wow! She IS a great example of how an expectant mother should think! My hats off to her.
I may not be a college grad but I can research legitimate medical websites. Cigarettes do far more damage than soda pop. And of course she stopped taking medication, as her doctor recommended. The only things she would take were what was alright according to her physician. I'm not saying smoking mothers should have their children taken away or anything extreme like that but I still don't understand how anyone could know there's a change of harm and still choose to do it. My sister would barely eat Taco Bell while she was pregnant, she was so concerned with organic food and staying fit. She wanted to give her baby the best chance possible. I find it sad and a little mind boggling that all mothers don't think that way.
popo

El Dorado, AR

#29 Oct 21, 2012
*chance of harm, not change*
Calion

Little Rock, AR

#30 Oct 21, 2012
realdeal wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you. I know I shouldn't be smoking and I try not to but it doesn't mean I don't love my baby and I don't know why people would be so mean about it. Even though I'm not educated I can read and write well enough and research on the internet. Some people think they know everything just because they went to a few classes.
People shouldn't beat the hell out of their kids or starve them, either. Of course, they are going to be mean about it. You are harming your child. Period. Low birth weight is one of many serious medical issues that will haunt these children the rest of their lives. Your child will live the consequences of your selfishness. And this is exactly what it is -- you are being selfish. People don't like seeing people harm children -- they are going to be mean about it. All you are saying is that you love your cigarette habit more than you love your kid. Yes, you are a terrible person. You are complete idiot.
Vlad

El Dorado, AR

#31 Oct 21, 2012
I heard smoking makes babies able to see through walls.
IDGAF

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#32 Oct 21, 2012
IDGAF so STFU & GTFO.

H8t3rzSuck

“Chupame la polla”

Since: Sep 12

Leck mich am Arsch

#34 Oct 21, 2012
Typical smoker and drug addict argument. Comparing nicotine the most addictive drug or crack to a burger and a Dr. Pepper is simply stupid and justifying being a selfish b!tch.

H8t3rzSuck

“Chupame la polla”

Since: Sep 12

Leck mich am Arsch

#35 Oct 21, 2012
If a Doctor told realdeal to stop smoking or there's a 10% chance the baby will be born with it's heart on the outside, 3 eyes and no limbs. She and other people of her kind would say "oh so there's a 90% chance it won't happen, cool".

Go get spayed!
info

Westwego, LA

#36 Oct 24, 2012
http://www.everydayfamily.com/blog/smokin-pre...

go to this site.
more reasons why you shouldnt smoke while pregnant.. its really sad that they have to make these lists because women do this.
awww

El Dorado, AR

#37 Oct 25, 2012
popo wrote:
<quoted text> I may not be a college grad but I can research legitimate medical websites. Cigarettes do far more damage than soda pop. And of course she stopped taking medication, as her doctor recommended. The only things she would take were what was alright according to her physician. I'm not saying smoking mothers should have their children taken away or anything extreme like that but I still don't understand how anyone could know there's a change of harm and still choose to do it. My sister would barely eat Taco Bell while she was pregnant, she was so concerned with organic food and staying fit. She wanted to give her baby the best chance possible. I find it sad and a little mind boggling that all mothers don't think that way.
Sweet. But some people care more about themselves than their kids. Unfortunately not all people are like your sister. I didn't even know women like that could have kids anymore. I thought it was like a new law or something that only unwed selfish trash could have kids.
awww

El Dorado, AR

#38 Oct 25, 2012
My mistake. There are horrible trashy people that are married and have kids too.
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#39 Oct 25, 2012
ALL comments the idiotHomo. HE'S Pregnant. LMAO. What a fking idiot.

H8t3rzSuck

“Chupame la polla”

Since: Sep 12

Leck mich am Arsch

#40 Oct 25, 2012
She might be right. My mom smoked with me and I came out perfectly normal. ;-)
Vlad

El Dorado, AR

#41 Oct 26, 2012
Did anyone hear me? It makes babies see through walls. That is all we need is people growing up and being able to see through walls. Repent!!! FIND JESUS!!! Save yourself!!! AHHHHHH!!!
Not true

Haslet, TX

#42 Oct 29, 2012
Igotthe411 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, sorry but smoking while pregnant doesn't burn up the baby's lungs or poison it with carbon monoxide. The baby doesn't use its lungs while still inside its mother. Its lungs are filled with fluid. Smoking CAN cause the baby to be born with a low birth weight, but the most detrimental effects of smoking regarding the baby are AFTER it is born. When people smoke around a newborn, the baby breathes in second-hand smoke and carbon monoxide, which leads to asthma, allergies, and many other respiratory illnesses. I'm not saying women SHOULD smoke while pregnant, but if you're gonna judge pregnant women and point your finger, get your facts straight. They conceal information like that in books.
You should do your homework better, the baby can actually die from afixiation, smoking reduces the amount oxygen in the blood, enough smoke and the oxygen levels will get so low that the babies heart will stop beating, don't handout advice if you don't know what your talking about!
Well said

El Dorado, AR

#43 Oct 29, 2012
popo wrote:
My sister had a kid last year. She quit smoking the day she found out. She wasn't going to take a chance in hell of doing any sort of harm to her child. Thats how an expecting mother should think.


I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crazy Blair is back in town and in jail 23 min Wowza 9
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 34,377
B Mitchell divorce 1 hr Yeah boy 1
Jello wrestling 5 hr Skeeter bites 19
Home wreckers 6 hr Yeah right 15
Child custody lawyer? (Jan '14) 8 hr faux news 24
News Times Pick and Choose 19 hr faux news 13

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

El Dorado Mortgages