White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

The end is near for them why do they not just consolidate. Let the ones that want to go to Smackover go and the ones that want to go to El Dorado go. No football team? What is next that they will take away. Have you seen all the homes for sale in the town. People are trying to get out to protect their childrens education. No-one is wanting to move into Norphlet to go to school there and the ones that live here are sending their kids to PC or Smackover since El Dorado requires legal transfer. Wake up NORPHLET school board there is a reason we dont want out kids under your schools care!
dusty

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

If that is the case it won't be long before they are closed.
norphlet resident

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Looks like you need a better education so you'd know to get your facts straight before you open your mouth. Norphlet has no football team because nobody wants to play. All the kids are too lazy playing with their computers and ipads and such. Take away the technology and then maybe your kids will want to do something better with their time.
Rover

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Time to shut it down. Don't want my tax dollars going to that hole in the wall school.
agree

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Rover wrote:
Time to shut it down. Don't want my tax dollars going to that hole in the wall school.
Could not agree more!
truth

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Check schooldigger.com and see why they don't want to consolidate. As surprising as it is, Norphlet ranks second only to Parkers Chapel in education for our area. I was in shock when I found out the official stats as much as anyone else would be if they took the time to check out the site. It is a small little school and may seem pointless to a lot of people but to the parents of the kids that go there its better than sending them out to El Do or consolidating with Smackover. But really, they need to consolidate with Smackover. They should make the change on their own terms instead of waiting for the city to force them into it.
ButReally

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Every year someone is talking about norphlet. It neer gets old watchin and hearing people talk about things they have no clue about! And actually there may be MAYBE three places in norphlet for sale (homes) so get that straight. Every town has places for sale brightness. Norphlet school is not going anywhere so get tht through your head!! Stop assuming and go directly to the source and ask or just shutup because you look stupid..
Rover

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

It will be consolidated. I saw a leopard cross hwy 335 this morning. Looked like he was heading toward El Dorado for summer school!
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

ALL the homo. Talk to yourself U ignorantAzzFagMF.
agree

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

ButReally wrote:
Every year someone is talking about norphlet. It neer gets old watchin and hearing people talk about things they have no clue about! And actually there may be MAYBE three places in norphlet for sale (homes) so get that straight. Every town has places for sale brightness. Norphlet school is not going anywhere so get tht through your head!! Stop assuming and go directly to the source and ask or just shutup because you look stupid..
There are atleast 5 get your facts! 4 of which are on the same street as the school. Do you live in Norphlet obviously not!
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Norphlet is 2nd in Education, i laughed my butt off at that one and you havent got your fatcs right either, PC isnt 1st if you take all of El Dorado's white kids and put them against PC's white kids only. Their Valedictorian only had a 4.12 GPA whereas El Dorado's 12th ranked student had a 4.1 and the Vaeldictorian had 4.32 and get this both valedictorian and salutatorian were Black!! But i still don't think Norphlet is anywhere close to shutting its doors because the youth dont want to play football. They still have good numbersfor 2 A school!!
Eldocat

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
Norphlet is 2nd in Education, i laughed my butt off at that one and you havent got your fatcs right either, PC isnt 1st if you take all of El Dorado's white kids and put them against PC's white kids only. Their Valedictorian only had a 4.12 GPA whereas El Dorado's 12th ranked student had a 4.1 and the Vaeldictorian had 4.32 and get this both valedictorian and salutatorian were Black!! But i still don't think Norphlet is anywhere close to shutting its doors because the youth dont want to play football. They still have good numbersfor 2 A school!!
OK, so let's chop this up how we want to make the numbers look good! You tickle the hell out of me. If you take all the left handed, Catholics, that come from a family of four or less, and compare them, then PC kicks El Do's butt! How fragmented do you want to get?
Look, we all know El Dorado has some very smart kids. But it is the whole student body that make a school, and in El Dorado's case, that is a very low scoring school.
Why don't all the white kids at El DO form their own private school? Then you might challenge PC as the top academic school in the area. Until then, you live with what you are. Which is way down in the rankings!!
actually

Harrisburg, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Eldocat wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so let's chop this up how we want to make the numbers look good! You tickle the hell out of me. If you take all the left handed, Catholics, that come from a family of four or less, and compare them, then PC kicks El Do's butt! How fragmented do you want to get?
Look, we all know El Dorado has some very smart kids. But it is the whole student body that make a school, and in El Dorado's case, that is a very low scoring school.
Why don't all the white kids at El DO form their own private school? Then you might challenge PC as the top academic school in the area. Until then, you live with what you are. Which is way down in the rankings!!
Just as PC is. They've been living on their high elementary school rankings. Last I checked, colleges don't refer to those for admittance.
Rover

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

White Flight at the expense of the taxpayers!
Whatev

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

It all boils down to demographics in regards to scores.

The only thing that matters is the tests you pay for. Take the top 10% from the schools and see where the AP students are. How do the smaller schools compare to EHS now? No one cares what the the elementary scores are. You can test out of this world at 9 and get a 16 ACT at 18yo with a 4.0gpa. It happens. GPA inflation is rampant, look at the standardized test scores.
for sale

White Hall, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

701 E Padgett, 613 E Padgett, 601 E Padgett, 601 W Padgett, there is another on Wyatt drive for sale and atleast 3 other get your facts straight. There are people sending their kids to pc to avoid Norphlet.
helping

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

for sale wrote:
701 E Padgett, 613 E Padgett, 601 E Padgett, 601 W Padgett, there is another on Wyatt drive for sale and atleast 3 other get your facts straight. There are people sending their kids to pc to avoid Norphlet.
Nobody is sending their kids to PC to avoid Norphlet. Smackover, yes. El Dorado, a few. PC has always been known as a sh!thole to everyone but people that live in PC.
ButReally

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

agree wrote:
<quoted text>
There are atleast 5 get your facts! 4 of which are on the same street as the school. Do you live in Norphlet obviously not!
Actually I do. Bitch. Doesn't matter how many there are but like I said the first time, they're aren't many! Guess you should get the dick out of your mouth before running it. &#9996;
agree

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

ButReally wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I do. Bitch. Doesn't matter how many there are but like I said the first time, they're aren't many! Guess you should get the dick out of your mouth before running it. &#9996;
And you are such a high class citizen with your filthy language. Bet you are proud. Exactly why parents should not want their children in this district. Check out some of the teachers and counselors facebook pages. They are real class acts also!
hummmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

if you don't live in Norphlet then your tax money is not going there. There is alot of old money in Norphlet that will protect the school if need be. However, they did try to join with Smackover a few years back, and Smackover refused to a name and colors change, so Norphlet said nevermind--the thought behind that was to unite the kids--in stead of having hall fights. Norphlet then chose to go to El Dorado if they were ever forced to go anywhere, and yes there are homes for sale, but there is always at some point and time. And the few that I know of are from couples spliting up and old folks that have passed--not because of the school. And if the school closes I am sure that folks will pick smaller school to send their kids to--not El Dorado!!! Football should be last on the list of why, but sports and band are some of my best recalls from high school and had I gone to El Dorado I would have not gotten that. They want all the whites to move to El Dorado schools to get our taxes, because renters don't pay taxes or homestead homes from low income folks. El Dorado is dying a slow death--the select few rich folks are tring to make it a art town--HAHAHAHAHA! How about making jobs instead of spending our taxes on crap like a trolly, Murphy complex, making the entrances pretty. Sorry wrong topic, but it burns my ass. Because all our kids will have to move from this town to find work just to live. That should be what we should all be working on--JOBS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the El Dorado Forum right now

Search the El Dorado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word-Drop A Word (Jul '11) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 2,528
4 brothers 4 hr Restaurant Z Manager 6
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Redd 28,663
Demo of houses beside Murphy Oil Corp 7 hr I know 18
Should Union County Child Support be investigated? (Apr '08) 8 hr sos 109
Kayla Danielle Romaire 8 hr Such a fake-Kayla Romaire 1
Sherry Creech Gathright 9 hr The Facts 25
•••
•••