Turtle

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2012
What is it being used for now?
what

El Dorado, AR

#4 Dec 4, 2012
I am not sure but at one time they were talking about moving Barton to that location. Right now just used for some storage.
Heard

El Dorado, AR

#5 Dec 4, 2012
what wrote:
I am not sure but at one time they were talking about moving Barton to that location. Right now just used for some storage.
I heard they would move a junior high school there as well. Why not just get rid of whatever Rogers is called this week as well as Barton and combine the two? After all, all those kids end up at the high school anyway.

Funny thing that the reason officials campaigned for a new billion $ school was because the old one was "unuseable, falling apart, outdated and unsafe" yet, they will UNDOUBTEDLY be using it as a school in the next few years. The officials in this town are morons. Building one multi-million dollar thing after another and it attracts absolutely no one to this town. What would attract people to this town is the prospect of work. Not new buildings and the Murphy Promise. The Murphy Promise didn't even work the way they expected it to. It didn't bring an influx of people and it wastes more money than it uses on the worthless college freshman dropouts, which is about 40% of the graduates. I can't believe they thought the Promise would bring people to such a poor-ass town. Why bring your kids here if you can't find a decent job here to provide for your family? And housing that is too expensive? Nothing to do with your kids but take them to the movies time and time again? And a lack of other amenities (such as decent food) that irritates any one in this town who has ever been somewhere that offers all the things this place doesn't. The only things to do here are go to those stupid shows and expos that nobody under the age of 50 is interested in.

The 1% in this town like it here. They control everything, they create functions for themselves to go to, they schmooze at the country club and enjoy being big fish in a little pond. The rest of us suffer all the problems they create so they can keep this town the way it is. Poor, shitty, and under the control of very few wealthy families. More growth in this town would mean more wealth, and those that are already wealthy hate the idea of more big money coming in and having the power to change things.

This is the truth about this town. If you want a life where the middle class, even some that are very well off, can thrive and enjoy life in an environment that others just like them have created, then move out of a tiny, elite controlled town like this one into a place with a bigger population. They have their 1%-ers too, but there are so many of them that putting power in the hands of four or five select families is impossible. In areas with a stronger, growing middle class, we have more of a say so.
Heard

El Dorado, AR

#6 Dec 4, 2012
** Also, I am a member of the country club. ** I didn't mean to suggest that all the people at the country club are wealthy 1%-ers that schmooze there and control the town. Lots of well off middle class families have memberships. I was just trying to make a point.
2 Cents

Quito, Ecuador

#7 Dec 4, 2012
At least some well off citizens in El Dorado are trying to revitalize the town. Most of us have seen first hand in other Southern towns what our town could become. Towns throughout the Delta and rural South are dying off because there is nothing to draw in new residents and keep old ones from moving out in search of better living conditions and better jobs. The way to attract new jobs to El Dorado is to create a vibrant culture and attractive place that people would want to live in. The wealthy people in this town don't have the power to bring in specific businesses so they do what they can to make this town an interesting and viable place to live and work.
There is no point in arguing that some of these wealthy families do hold an inordinate amount of power in El Dorado. However, these families arent sucking the town dry of money and resources. We dont live in a god damn Ayn Rand novel. They are, for the most part, good people and want the best for the town and the people of the town. And finally, no one is under the control of anyone. You make it seem like we live in feudal Europe when in fact the people you complain about are doing the most for this town. How about at the next expo or function, you buy tickets and attend and support the town which you seem to care so much about.
ALL the homo

El Dorado, AR

#8 Dec 4, 2012
ALL the HOMO
Turtle

Cedar Hill, TX

#9 Dec 5, 2012
It's being used daily and during the summer there were elementary aged children going there.
I take my kids to the arboretum and noticed it during the summer. I was just curious about what it was now. Someone told me that it was not up to code and would be destroyed.... just wondering.
School

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2013
I had been told that the old EHS location was now the school district special education department. I stopped and asked someone over the summer what was moving in that building and I was told the El Dorado School District's special education department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do u say bout liers theves.. but talk lots... 1 hr Creator 6
two faces people. (Dec '13) 1 hr Charlie Houge 15
150 females ive slept with in eldorado 1 hr Private eye 29
How Does One Report A Bad Doctor (Apr '11) 2 hr MrColon 31
Mark Roberts and Tiffany Duncan 3 hr Hear Me Now 12
Best Waitresses in town (Jul '14) 3 hr krissy 4
Teacher chocked down 4 hr Fed Up 1

Flood Warning for Union County was issued at April 18 at 9:12AM CDT

More from around the web

El Dorado People Search